TBoneTX

Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case [Part II]

4,633 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We could really do with a chart as someone mentioned to find out the mean average with the GC's. Its all very confusing! :(

VJ can add some waiver fields in their timeline table to help us calculate. Who should we contact?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A while back someone posted in this thread a long list of stuff you can't do with the EAD/AP card. Being treated like **** at the border is also not nice. For me, I can't get a job back in my old profession (police) until I have the green card so I'm tending bar instead. It's quite fun but $8 an hour verses $50,000k a year is a big difference. I tried an expedite request but it was turned down, reason was ' your request is urgent but not urgent enough'. Don't feel too sorry for me though, I got $350 in tips the other night for a 7 hour shift - they just seem to loooooooooooooove my accent, ma'am (as in farm) :-)

The gals at the bar do love an English accent, no doubt. LOL. Just saw another July filer getting approved. Let's all be positive and waiting for the soon to arrive card :)

That isn't true, there have been very, very rare cases of AOS taking a couple of years but in those cases they have been taking to court. You need to contact the ombudsman, they take up to 45 business days to reply, not to resolve but to reply and they can help bring it to a conclusion for you!

I did contact the ombudsman a month ago. I'm still waiting for their responses. How long do people wait before they go to court?

So sad. Just like what I was told today. No timeline, they don't know. Could be tomorrow, could be forever.

All I was saying is from the average that we have seen here on this forum for the last 6 months is about a year. That is from letters from USCIS and Congressmen and Senators. Have you contacted the Ombusman, a Senator, Congressman and any other correspondence from a SR to USICS. Besides saying " a delay in processing"? Have they let you know which field office your case has been transferred to?

Some reasons green cards are necessary: student aid. Until you have the green card, you pay international student tuition. That's quite a bit of $$$. Adult family members being petitioned for: some children didn't qualify for K2 due to age. Until their parent has a green card, they cannot petition for a visa to move here. Jobs. a LOT of jobs require a green card. Ask Derwood. He can't be a cop (something he did for many many years in England) until he's got the green. Citizenship countdown doesn't begin until that GC is approved. :clock:

Interviewees are the luckiest people on this forum. Our timelines are nothing like theirs. It's totally bogus.

My congressperson said to me, "if you don't hear anything by Sept 15th, contact us again." We filed August 2nd, 2014. It's well known that those who get their green cards within a year's time who have a NPIW are lucky and their cases are not the norm. :(

So right, Not having the actual GC can cause issues.

K-1

12/09/13 POE-LAX

02/28/14 WEDDING

AOS

03/24/14 SENT BY ATTORNEY

04/01/14 RECEIVED

04/05/14 ACCEPTED FINGERPRINT FEE

04/07/14 NOTICE DATE

05/05/14 BIOMETRICS

06/06/14 EAD

07/10/14 NPIW

07/20/15 GOT TEXT 07/18/15 NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED!

07/20/15 WELCOME NOTICE SENT AND REGISTERED PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS

07/25/15 RECEIVED WELCOME NOTICE IN MAIL BOX

08/11/15 CARD MAILED

08/13/15 CARD IN HAND! 16 MONTHS AND 12 DAYS

ROC

05/01/17 MAILED BOX/APPLICATION

05/02/17 APP RECEIVED AT CSC

05/11/17 CHECK CASHED

05/12/17 NOA1 DATED 05/02/17

05/20/17 BIOMETRICS 06/01/17

06/01/17 BIO DONE!

To Movinon and Shell, thanks for the invite, and to everyone else Hi! I have been a long time lurker here and have found you guys to be a great support throughout this whole process. I guess it's only right I say thanks.

My situation is I arrived here 3 years ago with my daughter on K1 and K2, and didn't actually file for Aos until July of last year, things just seemed to always get in the way. Anyway I received the NPIW in december and found this forum then. Through the advice of you great people I made a service request last month, to which I received a reply within minutes from the NYC office saying they had my case and were working on it. My biggest concern was having to re-do the medical as so many unlucky people have had to do. As there are 2 of us the expense was what I was dreading! Then last Friday I checked my case and lo and behold it said my card has been ordered - exactly 1 year to the day that my medical was done!!! Thank God for that.

I wish you all the best of luck with everything and realise that I have been really lucky, but owe a lot of it to the help found here.

Thanks guys

Thats great news!!! Congratulations!! Enjoy!

They responded to your service request in a few minutes? You are lucky I asked that same question today to Movin On and it seems the norm for it to be assigned is 30 days, did my first request yesterday and unassigned! sigh! Didn't realise service requests were replied to by local offices, did they say they were the field office or was it in the letters of the correspondence?

Any way at last you have the GC and can rest until Roc, go celebrate! :)

Removal of Conditions..  TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK

Time to reset the tick tock clock again.   Roll my eyes.

GC  Conditional date:  05/26/2015

N400.  Application:      02/28/2018       

Biometrics:                    02/22/2018

Waiting............    Roll my eyes again :(

USA citizen as of 25th of July 2018. :)

Thats great news!!! Congratulations!! Enjoy!

They responded to your service request in a few minutes? You are lucky I asked that same question today to Movin On and it seems the norm for it to be assigned is 30 days, did my first request yesterday and unassigned! sigh! Didn't realise service requests were replied to by local offices, did they say they were the field office or was it in the letters of the correspondence?

Yeah first I received an email to say they had received my request, and to expect a reply within 30 days, then a few minutes later the office in New York sent this:

The status of this service request is:

On 04/13/2015, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-485 to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Based on your inquiry, we have reviewed the status of your case. We have received your case from the national Records Center and it is now under active examination. This office acknowledges the completion of your case as being outside normal processing times and realizes the inconvenience it may cause. The delay has been necessary in order to ensure the thorough processing of your case and provide you with the best possible service. USCIS will notify you as soon as possible if any further information is needed from you or when a decision is made.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

I have called since then, but just because I tried to finally change my ssn into my married name and they couldn't verify me, that's still pending, so I hope that I will hear something about that soon. My daughter had no issues getting her number with her EAD card.

Yeah first I received an email to say they had received my request, and to expect a reply within 30 days, then a few minutes later the office in New York sent this:

The status of this service request is:

On 04/13/2015, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-485 to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Based on your inquiry, we have reviewed the status of your case. We have received your case from the national Records Center and it is now under active examination. This office acknowledges the completion of your case as being outside normal processing times and realizes the inconvenience it may cause. The delay has been necessary in order to ensure the thorough processing of your case and provide you with the best possible service. USCIS will notify you as soon as possible if any further information is needed from you or when a decision is made.

I have called since then, but just because I tried to finally change my ssn into my married name and they couldn't verify me, that's still pending, so I hope that I will hear something about that soon. My daughter had no issues getting her number with her EAD card.

I guess you wont be able to change your ssn until the systems up date. Thanks for sharing, you're one of the VERY lucky ones, I honestly can say I have never heard anyone get a reply so quickly after sending in a service request. I have however heard of people submitting them and not even getting a response as if they didnt send one!

I guess you wont be able to change your ssn until the systems up date. Thanks for sharing, you're one of the VERY lucky ones, I honestly can say I have never heard anyone get a reply so quickly after sending in a service request. I have however heard of people submitting them and not even getting a response as if they didnt send one!

I know, I was shocked!

The thing about my ssn is I had the EAD card which was issued in December, so plenty of time to update. The guy is the social security office said it looked like someone had made a mistake and not updated the system. I spent the next morning on the phone to 3 different people to try and sort it out and was given 3 different answers! In the end I decided to leave it and wait and see what happens as I don't want to have to make an info pass appointment. I don't drive yet so it means my husband taking more time off work and I want to avoid that if possible.

I know, I was shocked!

The thing about my ssn is I had the EAD card which was issued in December, so plenty of time to update. The guy is the social security office said it looked like someone had made a mistake and not updated the system. I spent the next morning on the phone to 3 different people to try and sort it out and was given 3 different answers! In the end I decided to leave it and wait and see what happens as I don't want to have to make an info pass appointment. I don't drive yet so it means my husband taking more time off work and I want to avoid that if possible.

Wow they took ages sorting your EAD card out it normally takes around 90 days!! As for the SS office well I applied for my SS and was told I was out of processing times having waited 6 weeks. (out of processing times sounds familiar!) So I said ok then you need to advise me of your complaints procedure, your mistake you rectify it and low and behold it was all sorted within a couple of days! This was all done via the phone as the was no way my husband could or should have to take unpaid leave.

That's a new one! Thanks for adding some variety today Redwanda and congratulations.

New employment card in its way to us.

What date did you file for it please? What date was it approved?

Edited by Derwood
Spoiler

K1

15 November 2013: Sent I-129F Package 

21 November 2013: NOA1 

20 December 2013: NOA2

23 January 2014: Medical (London)

11 April 2014: Interview - Approved!

29 April 2014: POE Chicago

20 June 2014: Married in DC

AOS

7 July 2014: Mailed AOSEAD & AP forms via USPS

14 July 2014: NOA1 Text & E-Mails (x3) received at 23:52hrs (Received Date: 07/11/2014)

14 July 2014: Cheque cashed & I-485 transferred to Nebraska Service Centre

18 July 2014: NOA1 hardcopy received (x3)

22 July 2014: Biometrics Letter rec'd (Appointment 07/31/2014)

23 July 2014: Early Biometrics walk-in at Cincinnati office successful!

05 September 2014: EAD & AP approved! (texts rec'd 16:45hrs)

11 September 2014: EAD/AP card mailed

12 September 2014: EAD/AP card in hand (delivered 9:54am)

18 October 2014: Potential interview waiver letter rec'd (Dated: 10/15/2014)

19 May 2015: I-485 approved! (No interview) Welcome letter mailed!

23 May 2015: I-797 (NOA2) Welcome notice received

27 May 2015: Green card received

ROC

ROC filing window opens 18 February 2017

16 February 2017: ROC packet mailed to CSC

18 February 2017: USPS Tracking - Ready for collection from PO Box

25 February 2017: NOA1 received dated 02/21/2017

03 March 2017: Received biometrics appointment letter dated 25th February 2017. Appointment on 16 March 2017.

16 March 2017: Biometrics completed

08 March 2018: Case (allegedly) transferred to the National Benefits Center (presumably for a combo interview)

04 April 2019: ROC approved (as part of N-400 combo interview)

N-400

18 February 2018: N-400 Application submitted online

21 February 2018: NOA1 Rreceived

23 February 2018: Biometrics appointment letter received. Appointment 13 March 2018. 

27 April 2018: Interview notice received. Interview Date: June 5, 2018. Request to reschedule sent as out of the country at that time.

04 April 2019: Attended interview ... PASSED!

11 April 2019: Oath ceremony

Wow they took ages sorting your EAD card out it normally takes around 90 days!! As for the SS office well I applied for my SS and was told I was out of processing times having waited 6 weeks. (out of processing times sounds familiar!) So I said ok then you need to advise me of your complaints procedure, your mistake you rectify it and low and behold it was all sorted within a couple of days! This was all done via the phone as the was no way my husband could or should have to take unpaid leave.

They sent an rfe for my EAD, they wanted an affadavit to confirm my full name. God only knows why, it was on every form I sent!

I think I will wait until I have the green card in hand before I contact SS again, I'm not saying I'm a pessimist but I won't quite believe it until I see it, lol.

That's a new one! Thanks for adding some variety today Redwanda and congratulations.

Thanks and good luck, you filed about the same time as me, hopefully you will hear something soon too.

They've been married for more than 3 years. She's done. :)

Congratulations, Redwanda. :)

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Got the RFE it is for a new medical and it came from the SFV office. Things have come up and we will have to wait until June to have the medical done. It gives us 87 days to complete from May 8th and return to them. I am very tired of this process.

K-1

12/09/13 POE-LAX

02/28/14 WEDDING

AOS

03/24/14 SENT BY ATTORNEY

04/01/14 RECEIVED

04/05/14 ACCEPTED FINGERPRINT FEE

04/07/14 NOTICE DATE

05/05/14 BIOMETRICS

06/06/14 EAD

07/10/14 NPIW

07/20/15 GOT TEXT 07/18/15 NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED!

07/20/15 WELCOME NOTICE SENT AND REGISTERED PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS

07/25/15 RECEIVED WELCOME NOTICE IN MAIL BOX

08/11/15 CARD MAILED

08/13/15 CARD IN HAND! 16 MONTHS AND 12 DAYS

ROC

05/01/17 MAILED BOX/APPLICATION

05/02/17 APP RECEIVED AT CSC

05/11/17 CHECK CASHED

05/12/17 NOA1 DATED 05/02/17

05/20/17 BIOMETRICS 06/01/17

06/01/17 BIO DONE!

Thanks for your information . What I did was not a skin test ,it was a more accurate one called gold test ,and I asked the doctor to redo the test on MONDAY on me .They don't think it is necessary to redo the test ,but I have doubt .My immune system is bad ,always low .And you are right ,my TB test result was always negative except this new one .If this result is true ,I did got it here in the last year .The civil surgeon already took me as his patient and going to give me treatment before I asked for the second test . If the second one remains positive ,I will receive the treatment .

We did the gold test as well...EXPENSIVE...but good.

It is a good idea to get treated if still positive...

AOS

3/20/14 Sent by lashed

3/25/14 NBC acknowledges recept (date always quoted by Tier 1)

4/3/14 NOA1 Recipt

6/9/14 NOA EAD approved

6/27/14 NPIW letter dated same

12/5/14 First service request (Notice did not receive)

12/9/14 Response says the wait can be as long as 9 - 12 months from date of receipt

1/8/15 Second service request on line (out of processing date) - immediate listed unassigned

1/20/15 Talked with Tier 2 - he files General Inquiry to have NYC field offlce request file

1/23/15 My Case states SR from 1/9/15 is complete, response mailed

1/28/15 Written response from NYC office states case "...remains under active examination..."

1/29/15 Written response from NBC from 1/8/15 SR states "...USCIS anticipates a delay in completing your case..."

2/4/15 Case arrives at the NYC field office

2/24/15 Third service request on line (out of processing date)

3/5/15 Written response from Imperial, CA states " ...we are not able to give you a timeframe..." for approval

3/27/15 Call from IO in Imperial CA FSO, required marriage certificate, FAX it immediately

3/27/15 GC approved!! One day before predicted date...

4/2/15 Welcome to America arrives

4/18/15 Green Card in hand - AOS journey is complete

ROC

12/28/15 I-751 submitted by lawyer

1/12/16 NOA - receipt of application

1/12/17 Submitted Service Request for out of processing time

1/26/17 Response to Service Request - processing hold awaiting security checks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.