johnandtanya

APPROVED!!!!!

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
Well I figured I'd come here to give an update. It's been a while. We're now at 10 weeks past the interview and still no visa :( We've called the Embassy but after waiting for 15 mins in their super expensive phone system, they checked Tanya's case number and said that she didn't pay for her first phone call in time and hung up. She did pay as soon as she got the bill. So I've been in contact with my legal office who is dealing with the U.S. Embassy in Japan to see if they can get any info from the Embassy in Moscow and I also have contacted my Congressman and he's looking into things for this too. Just as long as she has it by the beginning of July I'll be happy. Right now we're planning on a 14 July wedding.

JamesT, Unfortunately there is no tracking number on the DHL receipt that Tanya got when she paid for her envelope :( I'm still trying to find out what to do about that as well. Hopefully I'll have good news on this soon.

What does that mean she didn't pay for her first phone call?

Are they checking her credit history, debts, what is it?

Edited by NYGirl

12/14/09 - I-751 mailed

12/23/09 - Check cashed

12/28/09 - NOA1 (dated 12/21/09)

01/03/10 - I-797 NOA received for biometrics appt

01/26/10 - Biometrics appt.

01/27/10 - Touch

04/29/10 - Approved

reminder for myself: apply for citizenship in november 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Congratulations! :thumbs:

I hope everything happens soon.

James (USA) Manuela (Italy)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_italy_2fawm.gif

Married Nov. 6, 2004

12/02/04 Applied for I-130

12/21/04 I-130 Approved (19 days @ Vermont)

03/24/05 Case Completed (84 days @ NVC)

05/09/05 Got CR-1 Visa (47 days @ Naples)

Total of 158 days

Lifting of Conditions I-751

04/02/07 Expressed mailed in I-130

04/03/07 I-751 received at 1:08pm and signed for by Paul E. Novak Jr. Center Director (day 1)

05/02/07 Check finally clears my bank - appears to have been processed on 4/30 by VSC (day 30)

05/04/07 Received BLUE Finger Print Receipt Notification (day 32)

05/17/07 Received NOA1 dated 5/9/07(day 45)

05/18/07 Received ASC Appointment Notice dated 5/14/07 for June 1st (day 46)

06/01/07 Biometric Appointment today @ 2:00 (day 60)

06/03/07 "Touched" (day 62)

10/26/07 "Card Production Ordered" (217 days from the day the application received and 172 days from NOA1)

10/30/07 Touched again

10/31/07 Received Notice of Removal of Conditional Basis of Lawful Permanent Residence letter, signed by Paul E Novak Jr.

10/31/07 Touched again - if we get touched again does that count as harassment?

11/05/07 10 year green card arrives! (227 days)

US Citizen N-400

03/12/08 To be filed!

dev179pr___.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello, Thanks for the fast replies. To answer the few questions, I have no idea about her being given a 221g, I've never heard of that before now. As for the phone calls, well... here's what the Embassy site says:

From Russia: (495) 787-3167, (495) 974-8843. Cost $2.68 per minute, 3 minutes minimum.

From the U.S.A.: 1-888-222-5673. Payment by credit card only. Cost $12 per call, regardless of duration.

Everywhere else: (495) 787-3167, (495) 974-8843(Moscow is 8 hours ahead of Washington, DC), 1-888-222-5673. Payment by credit card only. Cost $12 per call regardless of duration.

When my Tanya called and spent most of the call on hold, she had to pay 1500 Rubles. The way they bill there is to send it via normal mail. Tanya lives in Magadan (much closer to Anchorage than Moscow) and as soon as she got her bill she paid it and showed her receipt at the interview, but when she called last week after waiting 15 mins when she gave the person on the phone our case number, they said she didn't pay for the previous call in time and hung up. There was also a note on the bill that it had to be paid within 2 days. Well she paid it the day she got it but there was nothing marking when it was delivered. No way to know how long it took to get from Moscow to Magadan... I'm outraged by the way our Embassy's treat foreign citizens. They should be our emissarys to all foreign nationals but from what I've seen and heard, I keep having to apologize for their actions and tell people that the real U.S. isn't like that... It sickens me and I've already started filing a complaint with my Congressman.

Timeline

Well I finally heard back from the Embassy in Moscow. Although there wasn't much to say other than someone is taking forever but not sure who :wacko:

According to our records, the case in question is still undergoing

security checks. Without the completion of these security checks, we

cannot continue to process the case. Therefore the case is still on

hold. Upon completion of these checks, the Primary Applicant will be

contacted by mail.

Please be assured that we are doing everything we can in order to

process this petition.

Sincerely,

Public Liaison Unit

Consular Section

US Embassy, Moscow

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Well we finally got the Visa :D What a long road it was to. At the interview in Moscow they said she would have her visa in hand in 5 weeks. The Interview was on 31 Jan, she got her visa on 7 June. A LITTLE more than 5 weeks :angry: But now she has it and we are working on planning a wedding which will hopefully be in July but will probably be in September. It really came as a surprise because on 1 June we called the Embassy and they said it was still processing, so we told them to send Tanya's passport back to her so we could take a trip to see each other. Using the DHL tracking we could see that they sent it on the 4th, then it was delivered on the 7th and wow... there was a visa in it :blink::) WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

Well we finally got the Visa :D What a long road it was to. At the interview in Moscow they said she would have her visa in hand in 5 weeks. The Interview was on 31 Jan, she got her visa on 7 June. A LITTLE more than 5 weeks :angry: But now she has it and we are working on planning a wedding which will hopefully be in July but will probably be in September. It really came as a surprise because on 1 June we called the Embassy and they said it was still processing, so we told them to send Tanya's passport back to her so we could take a trip to see each other. Using the DHL tracking we could see that they sent it on the 4th, then it was delivered on the 7th and wow... there was a visa in it :blink::) WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO

What a good news...congratulations!!!

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

May 16, 2011~ mailed N-400

May 20, 2011~ received NOA1

May 31, 2011~ Biometrics letter received sked June 1st

June 01,2011~ Biometrics appt. DONE!

June 23, 2011~ email notification scheduled for Testing and Interview

June 27, 2011~ received interview letter by mail

Aug 01, 2011~ interview at Atlanta GA, PASSED!

Aug 05, 2011~ Oath taking at 1pm

ROC TIMELINE

Nov. 30, 2009~mailed I-751 (VSC)

Dec. 03, 2009~Extension letter and NOA1 received

Jan. 04, 2010~ Biometrics at Metairie, LA

March 10, 2010~ approved!

March 13, 2010~ approval notice sent

March 15, 2010~ received approval letter and GC in mail!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.