gtessier

March 2015 K-1 Filers

2,734 posts in this topic

Hi guys just wondering, if the application is at NVC, can we call them and ask when are they gonna send to embassy? Will they give a specific date?

I heard some people got their application stuck in NVC for months and it freaks me out a little bit.

One thing to look at is that K-1's stay at NVC for a short time. Make sure those other posts you were reading were not spousal visas - they have a completely different process than ours. It appears that some of our co-journeymen have been getting notified when it is arrived at the embassy rather than when it was being sent. The times my CEAC was updated, it was in the evening of EST. I know when I called and got my KBL#, CEAC did not have my case info up until that evening, so they may update the accounts on a 'batch' system.

And if you know your case is at the NVC, the chances of the remaining part of your journey going smooth like butter are extremely, extremely high.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Makes me so happy to see all the many one's getting closer and closer, but I feel the sadness from all the ones from TSC. I hope what ever is broken, they get fixed soon. If I worked at TSC, don't think I would feel to safe about my job. Anyway, congrats to the many with the progress!!!!!

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

Almost a month between getting pac 3 and sending it because we didn't plan to get married until early next year. Now we might just get married sooner :)

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Makes me so happy to see all the many one's getting closer and closer, but I feel the sadness from all the ones from TSC. I hope what ever is broken, they get fixed soon. If I worked at TSC, don't think I would feel to safe about my job. Anyway, congrats to the many with the progress!!!!!

I think they are very safe at their jobs. I think it's the management that is at fault, not the workers. I am sure that TSC is working on some other 'priority' issue (DACA maybe?) that prevents them from working their regular case load. I know they work on other cases, not just the K-1's, but for management to not properly allocate resources to keep work flowing is just strange. Especially since an adjudicator can approve a case in just one touch!

When I check out the Igor list, it seems that TSC approves more cases in one day than CSC, which is a little glimmer of hope seeing that those TSC cases approved are either recent Filipino cases or cases that were submitted in the fall of 2014. I am with you - I hope their processing gets faster too.

Signature coming soon...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I need an advice just got an update today after almost 2 months of waiting we got an RFE. What we will do next? We need to wait for the notice till we get the evidence they need.

I just finished pulling together the complete package for the Embassy. It numbers to about 200-300 pages or so including the original package, updated pics and receipts and boarding passes (more to come after the trip next week), updated Intent to Marry, I-134, tax returns, pay stubs, etc. chat logs, call logs, copy of the NOA1 and NOA2 just in case and an original birth certificate of mine (JUST IN CASE HAHA). I might even leave the certified copy of my divorce with her as another just in case.

I also have a sample DS-160 worksheet with all of that information ready to do that next week and a list of possible interview questions with my answers for her.

This package turned out to be much more than I was expecting HAHA

I need an advice just got an update today after almost 2 months of waiting we got an RFE. What we will do next? We need to wait for the notice till we get the evidence they need.

If you know what they want, get it together now so you can send it immediately when the letter comes in. If you don't knwo what's in the RFE, the only thing you can do is sit back and wait. Good luck. :)

US Citizenship based on section 319(b)

Entered US Date: 7/27/2015

Date Married: 8/15/2015

GC-Date: 12/1/2015

Sent: 4/12/2016

Check Cashed: 4/20/2016

E-Notification: 4/20/2016

NOA: 4/18/2016

Fprints: 4/12/2016

In Line:

Int Ltr: 7/19/2016

Interview: 8/8/2016

Oath: 8/10/2016

Field Office: Honolulu, HI

Timeline

I just finished pulling together the complete package for the Embassy. It numbers to about 200-300 pages or so including the original package, updated pics and receipts and boarding passes (more to come after the trip next week), updated Intent to Marry, I-134, tax returns, pay stubs, etc. chat logs, call logs, copy of the NOA1 and NOA2 just in case and an original birth certificate of mine (JUST IN CASE HAHA). I might even leave the certified copy of my divorce with her as another just in case.

I also have a sample DS-160 worksheet with all of that information ready to do that next week and a list of possible interview questions with my answers for her.

If you know what they want, get it together now so you can send it immediately when the letter comes in. If you don't knwo what's in the RFE, the only thing you can do is sit back and wait. Good luck. :)

Goodluck to your interview. I was thinking it was the letter of intent and original pictures. Our atty just send a black and white scan copy of pictures. But what we will do both is just wait to be sure what it is. Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes you need to wait for their advise in which reason why you got RFE..good luck

K1 VISA

• 03.21.15 -- I-129F Filled
  • 03.27.15 -- I-129F Notifications
  • 03.24.15 -- NOA1
  • 04.30.15 -- NOA2
  • 05.04.15 -- NOA2 (hardcopy)
  • 05.12.15 -- NVC Received
  • 05.15.15 -- Left NVC
  • 05.18.15 -- Consulate Received
  • 05.31.15 -- Packet 3 & 4
  • 06.08.15 -- Medical Appointment (passed)
  • 06.24.15 -- Consulate Interview (passed) :dancing:
  • 07.07.15 -- Visa Received
  • 07.08.15 -- US Entry
  • 08.29.15 -- Married (L)(F)

AOS

• 10.08.15 -- Packet Mailed (I-485/I-131/I-765)
  • 10.13.15 -- Chicago Lackbox Received
  • 10.23.15 -- Received 3 Notifications(txt/e-mail)
  • 10.29.15 -- NOA1 Mail Received (I-485/I-131/I-765)
  • 11.06.15 -- Biometrics Schedule Received on mail (11.17.15)
  • 11.17.15 -- Biometrics done!
  • 12.15.15 -- AOS Approved!
  • 12.22.15 -- Green Card Received! :dancing:

Timeline

Goodluck to your interview. I was thinking it was the letter of intent and original pictures. Our atty just send a black and white scan copy of pictures. But what we will do both is just wait to be sure what it is. Thanks

This really sucks. I would consider this some sort of malpractice by the attornry. You cant send a B&W scan of the pictures. Need to be originals.

Also, hopefully your letter of intent was original signatures.

RFE's suck. I was the first March filer and started this post originally on March 3rd. I was also the first to get an RFE and was for the dating site/marriage broker fiasco. The RFE delayed our original response by a couple of weeks as I was watching others get NOA2 ahead of us. Then the RFE came and it took a week to gather documents. I sent them over three weeks ago and got a reply on April 22 that they received them and would give a response by June 21. Now going on three weeks since that notification.

It's disappointing for us in our situation to see others to see others that filed after us to already be getting interview appointments and we still have no NOA2. Of course we are happy to see others moving forward n their journey, but what is disappointing is that ours is delayed due to a misunderstanding of the IMBRA law at CSC and the adjudicators that misunderstood it. A lot of RFE's are due to errors on the filers or the lawyers doing the work for them, but his one was on CSC, not us.

Getting the RFE and watching others move forward from the sidelines does help me empathize with those stuck in TSC purgatory. Eventually we all move forward. Patience is the key.

I know this will be tough for you. Just hang in there and know that eventually the process moves onward and soon you will be together.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

where do u got this worksheet from lol

This really sucks. I would consider this some sort of malpractice by the attornry. You cant send a B&W scan of the pictures. Need to be originals.

RFE's suck. I was the first March filer and started this post originally on March 3rd. I was also the first to get an RFE and was for the dating site/marriage broker fiasco. The RFE delayed our original response by a couple of weeks as I was watching others get NOA2 ahead of us. Then the RFE came and it took a week to gather documents. I sent them over three weeks ago and got a reply on April 22 that they received them and would give a response by June 21. Now going on three weeks since that notification.

It's disappointing for us in our situation to see others to see others that filed after us to already be getting interview appointments and we still have no NOA2. Of course we are happy to see others moving forward n their journey, but what is disappointing is that ours is delayed due to a misunderstanding of the IMBRA law at CSC and the adjudicators that misunderstood it. A lot of RFE's are due to errors on the filers or the lawyers doing the work for them, but his one was on CSC, not us.

Getting the RFE and watching others move forward from the sidelines does help me empathize with those stuck in TSC purgatory. Eventually we all move forward. Patience is the key.

I know this will be tough for you. Just hang in there and know that eventually the process moves onward and soon you will be together.

ours were colored copies nothing wrong with that

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

Timeline

Yeah it sucks but at least we got an update even its RFE after 2 months got worried of everything. But now it relieve me and my fiance about this. I know everything will be fine. As I've notice in March filers was more rfe than approve. I told to my fiance to print a lot of our pictures then I will send the letter of intent via Fedex as long as everything get done :)

Sorry to hear about your RFE but I would happily take one of those today...55 days and no word. I hope your RFE is easy to resolve. Share with us when you find out if you need assistance...always happy to help if we can.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

By the way, looking at RFE's and stuff. If someone here is Russian or knows Russian language, there is a blog and ALL information about k-1 visa is collected there. If you follow directions from that blog and do everything EXACTLY like the girl wrote there, there will be no RFE's or denials in visa.

I followed that blog and no RFE's for me. + I made a checklist to make sure I follow everything. And my fiance is going to follow that blog in Moscow.

I'm the petitioner

• Met: August 13th, 2010 month later decided to start relationship
  • Proposed - Jabuary, 2015
  • Decided to apply for k-1 visa - March, 2015
  • Sent I-129f to USCIS - March 27th, 2015
  • Got notification on I-129f - March 31st, 2015
  • NOA1 - April 7th, 2015
  • NOA 2 - April 30th, 2015
  • NOA 2 (hardcopy) - May 4th, 2015
  • NVC - May 13th, 2015
  • case sent to the embassy - May 15th, 2015
  • Ready to schedule an interview in embassy (on CEAC) - May 19th, 2015
  • Documents arrived to Russia and can physically schedule an interview - June 3rd, 2015
  • Interview (!!!!!) - June 11th, 2015 (neither approved or denied)
  • Administrative Processing - from 11th of June to July 15th

Green card:

• Sent i-485, August 7th, 2015
  • Notification that they received it - August 13th, 2015
  • Noa-1 Sent to us - (were on vacation, got it on August 22nd)
  • Fingerprint appointment - September 1st, 2015
  • Walk-in - August 24th, 2015
  • RFE - August 26th, 2015
  • RFE evidence received in USCIS - September 14th, 2015

Timeline

Sorry to hear about your RFE but I would happily take one of those today...55 days and no word. I hope your RFE is easy to resolve. Share with us when you find out if you need assistance...always happy to help if we can.

We didn't expect about the update till my fiance received text and email from USCIS then I checked it lol RFE.. Yeah I keep you posted for whatever it is :) Thanks. I know very soon you will get an update

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.