gtessier

March 2015 K-1 Filers

2,734 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't think it needs to be that new. I think it just needs to be recent and valid. I am having Daisy get hers so close to the interview because I want there to be zero questions with the CO. :) I didn't front load our petition, I only sent the minimum required with the I129f.

I know I saw somewhere it does not need to be that new. Here is the link:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/feb2015/K1-K2%20Applicant%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_February%202015_.pdf

Its direct from the Manila Embassy, and says the NBI clearance is good for one year.

Hopefully that eases Daisy's mind. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I always found this interesting. I have a customer that works for DHS and he told me some of the countries that have high fraud rates and although he did not have specific numbers, the usual suspects were mentioned.

Out of curiosity, I Googled and found this link with a spreadsheet. Surprisingly, Mexico has one of the highest K1 issuance rates in the world.

As a mathematician, I am sure this spreadsheet with pique your interests and keep you busy for awhile. ;)

http://www.usaimmigrationattorney.com/VisaStatistics.html

I'm generally more interested in the theoretical rather than the computational ("arithmetic" barely counts as math to me with some of the things I've seen), but it was an interesting read... That said, I have some reservations: (1) the data is more than ten years old and most likely is not indicative of current trends; (2) the website is hosted by a law office (and immigration attorneys are notorious for fraud) so there's potential for biased reporting to drive up business (capitalism); and (3) it doesn't seek to explain the reasons why there are disparities that seem to defy expectations or how the data is being analyzed. Perhaps, for K1 visas, Mexico has low fraud becasue Mexican fraud is found in other forms of immigration and the data is lumped together rather than being broken down. Or perhaps adjudicators in Mexico understand it's likely fraud but (at least ten years ago) let things pass for other reasons, such as understanding economic conditions (technically illegal, but on whose part?). Maybe the rates are low for Brazil because nobody wants to leave; maybe the rates are higher for Mexico because more Mexicans meet U.S. citizens than Brazilllians do. While I'm not one for statistics when it comes to my mathematical interests, as of one week from today I'll also have a degree in political science, and for analyzing issues such as these, empirical data--and complete data sets--is incredibly important. If I weren't pursuing my master's in mathematics and went on to grad school in political science/public policy/public admin, I'm sure I would end up researching something related to immigration at some point, but at least for now my career aspirations are taking me to other placess academically.

09/06/2013: Along Came a Relationship

04/16/2014: When Darren Met Harel (in person for the first time)

08/14/2014: The Proposal (but in Mexico, not Alaska)

02/27/2015: Flight of the Application

03/03/2015: Reception (Christopher NOA1an's latest masterpiece)

09/25/2015: 205 Days Later (NOA2)

05/11/20116: Engagement ended for familial reasons

Timeline

I'm generally more interested in the theoretical rather than the computational ("arithmetic" barely counts as math to me with some of the things I've seen), but it was an interesting read... That said, I have some reservations: (1) the data is more than ten years old and most likely is not indicative of current trends; (2) the website is hosted by a law office (and immigration attorneys are notorious for fraud) so there's potential for biased reporting to drive up business (capitalism); and (3) it doesn't seek to explain the reasons why there are disparities that seem to defy expectations or how the data is being analyzed. Perhaps, for K1 visas, Mexico has low fraud becasue Mexican fraud is found in other forms of immigration and the data is lumped together rather than being broken down. Or perhaps adjudicators in Mexico understand it's likely fraud but (at least ten years ago) let things pass for other reasons, such as understanding economic conditions (technically illegal, but on whose part?). Maybe the rates are low for Brazil because nobody wants to leave; maybe the rates are higher for Mexico because more Mexicans meet U.S. citizens than Brazilllians do. While I'm not one for statistics when it comes to my mathematical interests, as of one week from today I'll also have a degree in political science, and for analyzing issues such as these, empirical data--and complete data sets--is incredibly important. If I weren't pursuing my master's in mathematics and went on to grad school in political science/public policy/public admin, I'm sure I would end up researching something related to immigration at some point, but at least for now my career aspirations are taking me to other placess academically.

I'm sure there are underlying factors for the lower fraud/rate/higher approval rate from Mexico. As Mexico borders us by land to the south, its understandable that someone immigrating here the "wrong way" would just sneak across and be here illegally. Other than Canada, it's a difficult POE for anyone else as they need to enter at an airport or by sea (less likely). Further, a Mexican immigrating here "the right way" has the means (themselves or beneficiary), that would likely be less fraudulent. I realize this is speculation but, if you think it through, it makes sense.

I hear you on the lawyer thing. But makes no sense to put that much work into a spreadsheet just to blow smoke. I would think it was copy/pasted from somewhere else.

Finally, on your previous post, excellent plan to front load due to your situation. Consider that every adjudicator and consular is trained to spot fraud and look at every immigrant with a critical eye, your situation is outside of their normal scope of what they typically see (even though it is becoming more prevalent). I also front loaded mine as well - not the same situation as yours, but a considerable age difference between my fiancee' and I. Not exactly Hugh Hefner kind of difference, but also enough to get out in front of it rather than have to explain later.

Jeez, I hope you get out of that"black hole" soon!!

Timeline

Dsldesch thanks for your response. Though I have another question, is it ok if only the petitioner will provide a full statement of how we met? do I really need to provide a statement also with my sign and date. Thank u

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm sure there are underlying factors for the lower fraud/rate/higher approval rate from Mexico. As Mexico borders us by land to the south, its understandable that someone immigrating here the "wrong way" would just sneak across and be here illegally. Other than Canada, it's a difficult POE for anyone else as they need to enter at an airport or by sea (less likely). Further, a Mexican immigrating here "the right way" has the means (themselves or beneficiary), that would likely be less fraudulent. I realize this is speculation but, if you think it through, it makes sense.

I hear you on the lawyer thing. But makes no sense to put that much work into a spreadsheet just to blow smoke. I would think it was copy/pasted from somewhere else.

Finally, on your previous post, excellent plan to front load due to your situation. Consider that every adjudicator and consular is trained to spot fraud and look at every immigrant with a critical eye, your situation is outside of their normal scope of what they typically see (even though it is becoming more prevalent). I also front loaded mine as well - not the same situation as yours, but a considerable age difference between my fiancee' and I. Not exactly Hugh Hefner kind of difference, but also enough to get out in front of it rather than have to explain later.

Jeez, I hope you get out of that"black hole" soon!!

I'd missed the actual spreadsheet in my first read of the page; looking at it now, it seems Mexico (ten years ago) averaged about 1100 K1 applications annually, and it went from over 200 denials to only 2. That's a drastic change, and I'd want to know what caused it before making eneralizations. Or it's possible many of those initially denied as fraudulent reapplied and were approved. Or it's possible something going on in 2002-2003 increased the number of fraudulent applications. In either case, one or the other years would be an outlier, so given a sample of size two, we can really gain no helpful information from the data.

As far as being a same-sex couple, I think adjucators shouldn't bat an eye anymore because the federal government has been processing K1s for same-sex couples since mid-2013. But both me and my fiance felt better frontloading. It also got us to gather all our evidence sooner rather than waiting to the last minute.

I'm not the only one caught in this time dilution, so I hope we all start to see some movement soon.

Dsldesch thanks for your response. Though I have another question, is it ok if only the petitioner will provide a full statement of how we met? do I really need to provide a statement also with my sign and date. Thank u

That should be fine. In fact, if it can fit on the form itself, then a supplement shouldn't be necessary, from what I understand. However, if it is printed separately, it will still need to be signed and dated, at least by the petitioner; I don't think it would hurt if the beneficiary doesn't sign.

09/06/2013: Along Came a Relationship

04/16/2014: When Darren Met Harel (in person for the first time)

08/14/2014: The Proposal (but in Mexico, not Alaska)

02/27/2015: Flight of the Application

03/03/2015: Reception (Christopher NOA1an's latest masterpiece)

09/25/2015: 205 Days Later (NOA2)

05/11/20116: Engagement ended for familial reasons

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All -

We are also a March filer here. And we mailed last March 16th in the Lewisville, TX Lockbox. We received the hard copy receipt last March 20th and now, we're patiently waiting.

I have a question though, my girlfriend from Philippines sent her an incorrect passport photo size, which is not a US standard passport photo, can we get an RFE for this?

I've tried to research but all the responses I got from google were date 2013 below and nothing recent. She's planning to get the required photo soon and send it over to me just in case but hopefully not a cause for RFE.

Hope I can get some clarifications. Thank you everyone.

Timeline

My fiance is from Mexico, which I have been told is a moderately high-fraud country, and we're a same-sex couple, so we frontloaded and provided as much primary evidence as we could. We included a one-page written supplement of how we met, explaining we met on an online dating site that was free and stayed in touch through Facebook until our relationship began a few years later, and then we briefly outlined my three trips to visit him in Mexico. I'm not sure if it was necessary or not, but we both signed this statement. Then I included copies of my birth certificate, all pages of my passport (adding captions to the pages where my passport was stamped in Mexico so it's easy to locate), and copies of all my boarding passes. For frontloading, we included copies of messages between us from each month and pictures from each trip (captioned with date, location, and who was in the picture). We also had all the required forms, including intent to marry statements. I feel strongly we won't get an RFE for any of that (the passport photos he had taken in Mexico were a little smaller than the ones I had taken in the US, so I'm concerned that might end up being problematic), but since we're currently stuck in the black hole that is TSC, I can't know for certain.

Hi, it's actually the same case with us. My girlfriend from the Philippines sent the incorrect passport size photo and not the US standard passport size. We are also worried this may cause a RFE for us, she's planning me to send me the required passport photo in the upcoming days just in case we received one so, the delay won't take that longer. The processing of the petition alone is a bit excruciating already but we have high hopes like everyone else.

Timeline

I got my NOA1 on the 16th. Heard nothing since.

We got ours on March 17th and the hard copy was on March 20th and we are clueless we're we at as of writing. So, we are all hoping our NOA2 is will be out sooner btw, our packet is in TSC and that's like a black hole but we're always keeping our high hopes up, who knows ...

Timeline

Thanks, It's for Philippines

I came across this website/blog some time ago. It's written by a Filipina and she outlines the process from beginning to end in a very detailed manner. It's been helpful to me and answered a lot of questions.

She maintains the site/blog very well and info is current

http://www.mrspresson.com/immigration/129f-fiancee-petition-process/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I know I saw somewhere it does not need to be that new. Here is the link:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/feb2015/K1-K2%20Applicant%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_February%202015_.pdf

Its direct from the Manila Embassy, and says the NBI clearance is good for one year.

Hopefully that eases Daisy's mind. :)

Do u know if smth similar Germany is available in the world Wide web too?

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

K1 time line

I-129F sent: 12/23/2014
NOA-1: 12/29/2014
NOA-2: 06/05/2015 (158 days)
NOA-2 hardcopy: 06/11/2015 (6 days post NOA-2, 164 days total)
Sent to NVC: 06/16/2015 (11 days post NOA-2, 169 days total)
NVC receive: 06/25/2015 (20 days post NOA-2, 178 days total)
NVC case no: 06/30/2015 (25 days post NOA-2, 183 days total)
NVC left: 07/02/2015 (27 days post NOA-2, 185 days total)
Case Ready: 07/07/2015 (32 days post NOA-2, 190 days total)
submitted DS-160, paid visa fee.: 07/21/2015 (46 days post NOA-2, 204 days total)
Packet 3 sent: 07/25/2015 (50 days post NOA-2, 209 days total)
Pack 4 received: 07/30/2015 (55 days post NOA-2, 214 days total)
Medical: 09/17/2015 Interview: 09/23/2015 (108 days post NOA-2, 268 days total)
Interview Result: Approved Administrative Processing: 09/23/2015
CEAC Status Issued: 09/24/2015
Visa in hand: 09/28/2015
POE: 12/29/2015 Wedding: 01/11/2016

AOS Time Line

AOS package mailed: 01/13/2016
AOS package received: 01/20/2016 (day 1)
AOS NOA-1 text/email: 01/23/2016 (day 3), actual NOA-1 date 01/22/2016 (day 2)
AOS Fingerprint fee received: 01/22/2016 (day 2)
AOS check cashed: 01-25-2016 (day 5) Got 6 month NJ driver's license: 01-25-2016
3x NOA-1 hardcopies: 02/03/2016 (day 14)

Biometrics letter: 02/05/2016 (day 16) Biometrics appt (Elizabeth, NJ): 02/17/2016 (day 28)

EAD and AP approved email/txt: 03/29/2016 (day 67)

GC approval email/text: 04/04/2016 (day 74)

I-797 for I-765/I-131 in mail: 04/04/2016 (day 74)

EAD/AP delivered: 04/05/216 (day 75)

GC card being mailed status update: 04/07/16 (day 77)

GC received: 04/11/16 (day 84 post AOS NOA-1)

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 21 MONTHS!

ROC Window opens: 01/04/2018

ROC Time Line
ROC package mailed to Vermont 01/04/2018
ROC package received at Vermont 01/08/2018 (day 0)
Check cashed: 01/16/2018 (day 8 )
NOA-1 date: 01/09/2018 (day 1)
NOA-1 received: 01/16/2018 (day 8 )
Biometrics notice received: 02/09/2018 (day 32)
Biometrics appointment: 02/23/2018 (day 46)
Received 18-month extension letter: 08/13/2018 (day 209)
ROC Approved: 03/09/2019 (day 425)
Card Received: 03/16/2019  (day 432)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

No number yet from NVC and I think I spoke with the same woman who was a bit miffed at me last time hahaha! Oh well! She gave me the same spiel that it takes 4 weeks to enter into the system there at which time they will send all parties involved notification, blah, blah, blah. I'll try again tomorrow! ;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.