03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

Almost a month between getting pac 3 and sending it because we didn't plan to get married until early next year. Now we might just get married sooner :)

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats amhara :) godbless

Hope to hear ours too :)

Edited by TravandLhen

K1 VISA

• 03.21.15 -- I-129F Filled
  • 03.27.15 -- I-129F Notifications
  • 03.24.15 -- NOA1
  • 04.30.15 -- NOA2
  • 05.04.15 -- NOA2 (hardcopy)
  • 05.12.15 -- NVC Received
  • 05.15.15 -- Left NVC
  • 05.18.15 -- Consulate Received
  • 05.31.15 -- Packet 3 & 4
  • 06.08.15 -- Medical Appointment (passed)
  • 06.24.15 -- Consulate Interview (passed) :dancing:
  • 07.07.15 -- Visa Received
  • 07.08.15 -- US Entry
  • 08.29.15 -- Married (L)(F)

AOS

• 10.08.15 -- Packet Mailed (I-485/I-131/I-765)
  • 10.13.15 -- Chicago Lackbox Received
  • 10.23.15 -- Received 3 Notifications(txt/e-mail)
  • 10.29.15 -- NOA1 Mail Received (I-485/I-131/I-765)
  • 11.06.15 -- Biometrics Schedule Received on mail (11.17.15)
  • 11.17.15 -- Biometrics done!
  • 12.15.15 -- AOS Approved!
  • 12.22.15 -- Green Card Received! :dancing:

I'm sitting here on this beautiful sunday morning having finished chatting with Daisy about an hour ago thinking what a wonderful day this would be if she and my daughter-to-be were here. I know the process is frustrating for all, but stay the course and keep an eye to the day you are together with your loved ones again, whether it is on a vacation while still waiting for the process to complete or whether it's time to finalize the wedding plans because he/she is now living with you. All of this, no matter whether you received an RFE or are taking longer to process than expected because others are getting their approvals faster than you, is all worth it in the end to spend a day like today with them.

US Citizenship based on section 319(b)

Entered US Date: 7/27/2015

Date Married: 8/15/2015

GC-Date: 12/1/2015

Sent: 4/12/2016

Check Cashed: 4/20/2016

E-Notification: 4/20/2016

NOA: 4/18/2016

Fprints: 4/12/2016

In Line:

Int Ltr: 7/19/2016

Interview: 8/8/2016

Oath: 8/10/2016

Field Office: Honolulu, HI

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm sitting here on this beautiful sunday morning having finished chatting with Daisy about an hour ago thinking what a wonderful day this would be if she and my daughter-to-be were here. I know the process is frustrating for all, but stay the course and keep an eye to the day you are together with your loved ones again, whether it is on a vacation while still waiting for the process to complete or whether it's time to finalize the wedding plans because he/she is now living with you. All of this, no matter whether you received an RFE or are taking longer to process than expected because others are getting their approvals faster than you, is all worth it in the end to spend a day like today with them.

Well said.

Focus on the destination rather than the journey. There's always bumps and delays along the way. Complaining about them does not make the journey any faster or smoother

Timeline

We are here to listen and support one another not to put down other person :) Oh by the way what is your problem with those people who have frustrations of waiting to get NOA2? We have right to express what we feel so what's the problem with that. I'm not here to argue with you or to anyone here.

Since you asked....

The frustration is that you have found someone to love you enough to bring you here to America for a better life. I have been to The Philippines and seen everything from the squatters area in Manila to the high rises in Makati. I have been to the provinces. I know where you are coming from and know where you are going. While you know where you are now, you have no reality on where you are going, how life in America is and how the processes in American government agencies operate. Like in the movie "Charlie and The Chocolate Factory", you got a Golden Ticket. If anyone reading this thinks I am being arrogant or elitist in saying that, think twice before you say it.

I'm no stranger to this process. Its my second K-1. My first wife came from Vietnam and an American Fiance' made her the envy of her friends. Soon after her arrival in the US, her family lived better than anyone else on the block. I'm sure this is not uncommon in The Philippines and especially in the provinces, after the Filipina comes to the US and begins helping support family back home with even just a small amount of money that makes a huge difference back home.

You got the Golden Ticket. Yet you complain about the process and how long it is taking, accuse the workers at CSC for sitting around on their arses all day and doing nothing. As I have said several times, I have been to the Federal Building in Laguna Niguel, CA as it is 20 minutes from where I live. I can assure you that there are not hundreds of workers standing out in the back taking smoke breaks.

If you are at 44+ days and counting, there is a reason why. Sunya and Tim posted a link to where a former adjudicator did a Q&A and it really shed some light on the process and if you would take the time to read it, perhaps it will give you some reality on the process and ease your frustrations. In case you can't find it, here is the link:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

Edited by gtessier

may this forum go back to where it was meant to be. to be there for each other and make the "waiting" a little easier for each other.

Agreed. There's no need to be hostile; we're all in the same boat. Let's get back to topic, please.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Well back to the topic, I'm currently in United States waiting for my case to be transferred to the embassy in my country. My noa2 was April 17. I plan on going back home when my case is already transfered as my tourist visa is valid til August. Is there a limit of time of when I should do the medical and the interview? And is the interview date decided by the or can we reschedule? Any info will be appreciated. Thank you

Edited by Fractalina

Well back to the topic, I'm currently in United States waiting for my case to be transferred to the embassy in my country. My noa2 was April 17. I plan on going back home when my case is already transfered as my tourist visa is valid til August. Is there a limit of time of when I should do the medical and the interview? And is the interview date decided by the or can we reschedule? Any info will be appreciated. Thank you

congrats on your noa2! a little bit jealous that you get to wait for the approval with your fiance hehehe but happy for you. :)

it would be best to start another topic for your questions as there are different processes for different consulates ... :) cheers! and goodluck on your journey!

K1 VISA :)
02-25-2015: I-129f sent
03-03-2015: NOA1
03-25-2015: NOA2
04-29-2015: Medical (passed)
05-18-2015: Interview (approved) yay!
05-21-2015: Issued! ?
06-25-2015: US entry

AOS
09-16-2015: Sent AOS, EAD and AP packets
09-22-2015: NOA

10-15-2015: Biometrics

11-20-2015: EAD and AP approval

12-21-2015: Interview

12-30-2015: AOS approval :)

ROC

11-02-2017: I-751 sent

11-07-2017: NOA1

11-30-2017: Biometrics

m kinda sad to see how this forum has developed. I personally think, that everyone is going through their own pain, heartache and struggles with being apart from our loved ones. I know I felt almost every feeling there is while going through this period of 3 years with only seeing my fiance every 2-3 months, i know some dont see them for longer but we are fortunate to make it work even if its only for a weekend visit or me giving up everything for 3 months and coming home to my Fiance in California, every goodbye in the airport feels like my heart got ripped out for weeks afterwards.. Noone understands except for all of you guys. My family and friends will never understand how it feels everyday sitting and just feeling alone even in others company because my better half isnt here. Dreaming about not feeling like life is on standby waiting to start our lives together to marry and have kids, mine has been 3 years of being on hold for this journey to end and life to begin. Worth every single minute of it though...And i cant come home till someone i dont know "allows" me to marry the love of my life. Thats just something noone else understands. Everyone else gets to be with their loved ones, but we all in here have to wait for strangers to tell us if we can marry the love of our life.. So.. I know i got my NOA2, but only i know how far out and long the wait for even being able to apply for all this has been. But i passed no judgement to anyone or feel sorry for myself in that matter. Is it bloody frustration waiting for NOA2 and nvc and interviews and not knowing at all when, where or if.. :-/ yes!! Is it effing stressful?? Yesssss..want to do it all right so theres no delay and a smile could possibly sneak in again... it messes with our mind and soul. But please lets keep encouraging each other and support everyone no matter if someone " got ahead in line" and got their approval before others. We are all in the same boat and lastly, we will all get approved in the end and be with the soulmate we are doing all this for ❤️❤️I am aware how seriously unfair it is the TSC petitioners has to wait for what i would classify as a lifetime just to get an approval.. It isnt fair nor will it ever be. I have talked to a lot to people about how i couldnt imagine if we had to wait so long for again, eventho i WOULD and WILL still do it cause i love my fiance larger than life!! And I will be with him forever till death do us part when our time comes soon!! Theres no life without him no matter the wait!! , but then again i waited 3 years to just be able to do the petition with my fiance in California.. I think i would die slowly from heartache if i had to wait yet another year. And all my summer clothes are in our condo in Cali so hehe.. Anyway, i have nothing but sympathy for everyone in this journey, but it wont be forever. " This too shall pass"! The mind and body stresses from thinking 24/7 about all these things! But its worth it! I wish for speedy and fast approval for all of you no matter what center you are in. We all have different timelines. Hugs and more hugs to you all!! Camilla Copenhagen. And yes i wrote a novel, sorry guys im kinda a babble head :-) i hope noone misunderstands me. I just wanna spread some love on this rainy saturday night in Copenhagen.

Nice post, been two years waiting for us, seeing each other every couple of months, but will be worth it.

AOS from K1:

02/01/2016 - AOS, EAD filed

02/25/2016 - AOS and EAD NOA1 (received 02/08/2016)

02/29/2016 - NOA1 hard copies

03/14/2016 - Biometrics

03/31/2016 - RFIE for AOS

04/06/2016 - RFIE received

04/11/2016 - RFIE evidence sent

04/14/2016 - Updated to say evidence received

05/17/2016 - EAD/AP approved

06/13/2016 - EAD combo received

06/16/2016 - Green Card Approved (no interview)

06/25/2016 - Green Card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

congrats on your noa2! a little bit jealous that you get to wait for the approval with your fiance hehehe but happy for you. :)

it would be best to start another topic for your questions as there are different processes for different consulates ... :) cheers! and goodluck on your journey!

Hi spoons, thank you! We didn't plan to apply for the petition until I've been here for a month, so we're happy and very luck with the progress so far.

I thought the validity of noa2 is the same for all country, also the appointment with embassy,thats why I asked. I assume it's different from your comment so I'll ask in my consulate's page. Thank you!

I thought the validity of noa2 is the same for all country, also the appointment with embassy,thats why I asked. I assume it's different from your comment so I'll ask in my consulate's page. Thank you!

oh the validity of the noa2 is the same. its after noa2/nvc which is different like scheduling the interview, medical exam and others (i think). and you're welcome :) cheers!

K1 VISA :)
02-25-2015: I-129f sent
03-03-2015: NOA1
03-25-2015: NOA2
04-29-2015: Medical (passed)
05-18-2015: Interview (approved) yay!
05-21-2015: Issued! ?
06-25-2015: US entry

AOS
09-16-2015: Sent AOS, EAD and AP packets
09-22-2015: NOA

10-15-2015: Biometrics

11-20-2015: EAD and AP approval

12-21-2015: Interview

12-30-2015: AOS approval :)

ROC

11-02-2017: I-751 sent

11-07-2017: NOA1

11-30-2017: Biometrics

What does everyone plan to do when your fiance arrives? Will you start directly on the wedding plans? Fancy or simple wedding? Any trips planned?

We will do Justice of the Peace marriage. I want to take my new husband to interesting places in Dallas; but especially Fossil Rim Wildlife Center. It's an outdoor zoo that you drive through. When I took my sister, she was able to feed a giraffe through the sunroof!

I would also like to take him to Tucson in November to meet my mother and sister and to see the place where I was raised. That is always a nice trip for me, so hopefully my family will be hospitable with him as well. Then, we have to visit Houston too - but maybe sometime in 2016.

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

What does everyone plan to do when your fiance arrives? Will you start directly on the wedding plans? Fancy or simple wedding? Any trips planned?

We will do Justice of the Peace marriage. I want to take my new husband to interesting places in Dallas; but especially Fossil Rim Wildlife Center. It's an outdoor zoo that you drive through. When I took my sister, she was able to feed a giraffe through the sunroof!

I would also like to take him to Tucson in November to meet my mother and sister and to see the place where I was raised. That is always a nice trip for me, so hopefully my family will be hospitable with him as well. Then, we have to visit Houston too - but maybe sometime in 2016.

Nice :) Goodluck on your journey .. My fiance and I just want to have a court wedding. Then after, it will be a church wedding when we go back in my country. We planned that before he went back to Cali after 1 year of living with me here in the Philippines. He love to stay with me here so after papers are done we go back to the Philippines for good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.