s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I am the one who sent the expired passports, it was specified in the letter i received from the embassy. And after they didn't find one they asked for it in an email by issue year.So it was quite specific. I don't know if it was just for my particular case, wait for the letter from the embassy and see what they require from you.

One of the emails did say that if I can't provide them, I need to give a statement explaining the reason why. So I guess its not a big issue if you don't have them.

Oh ok thank you. Hopefully they don't ask me for it but I'll ask my Mom to check if she has it just in case.

Timeline

Are vaccines covered under Japanese health insurance? I'm assuming that it would be way cheaper to get up to date on my shots (if I need any) through my local clinic instead of waiting till I do the medical.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Are vaccines covered under Japanese health insurance? I'm assuming that it would be way cheaper to get up to date on my shots (if I need any) through my local clinic instead of waiting till I do the medical.

I don't believe they are covered by insurance, I might be wrong though. I haven't had any shots since I was in school so quite some time ago hahaha and i needed 3 vaccines at my medical, hep B, measles and mumps. My daughter (9 years old) needed just the hep B and mumps. We both had to pay,mine were 10.000 yen total and my daughter's 7.000

Timeline

I don't believe they are covered by insurance, I might be wrong though. I haven't had any shots since I was in school so quite some time ago hahaha and i needed 3 vaccines at my medical, hep B, measles and mumps. My daughter (9 years old) needed just the hep B and mumps. We both had to pay,mine were 10.000 yen total and my daughter's 7.000

Oh that price isn't not too bad then. I just called my local clinic and they said it isn't covered by insurance. Where did you have your medical done?

Timeline

Oh that price isn't not too bad then. I just called my local clinic and they said it isn't covered by insurance. Where did you have your medical done?

We went with Seibo hospital in Shinjuku.

Timeline

We had our interview today and got approved!! Sooooo happy!

At some point someone asked about co-sponsor, we used one and there was no issue, no questions, no nothing, just handed in the paperwork and everything was fine.

Timeline

We had our interview today and got approved!! Sooooo happy!

At some point someone asked about co-sponsor, we used one and there was no issue, no questions, no nothing, just handed in the paperwork and everything was fine.

Congrats!!!

Timeline

Thank you both!

Has anyone applied for an international drivers license? I had my fiancé go to the DMV and ask if its possible to use one there while I'm waiting for my paperwork to finish and get a US license and they said I can.

I live in Kanagawa so my guess is I'll have to go somewhere in Yokohama but was wondering if anyone has any experience and/or info.

Thanks

Timeline

Hello everyone,

New Japan filer here. Thought I'd introduce myself and start a Q/A record for future couples. We just got our NOA1 from CSC (was VERY happy to find we were forwarded there) yesterday. If all current timeline info is correct enough to go on, we estimate it'll take 2-3 months' to clear CSC and NVC.

About us: I'm currently in North Carolina and my I-129F was received at the Dallas Lockbox on 10/30/15. NOA1 arrived at my place on 11/9/15 with an I-129F received date of 11/3/15. Misaki is currently living in Shiga Prefecture and will be doing most of her stuff there wherever possible. This is my second K-1, my ex-wife is a Canadian citizen who still has approx. 20 quarters of work left on my original I-134 before I'm no longer responsible for her. I'm not quite sure how these two things may affect the process, but I'll keep everyone updated if it becomes an issue.

Questions for recent K-1 filers:

1. How long did it take to get the visa from the day you got your NOA2 until the day the passport with visa arrived?

2. What required elements; documents etc, were you able to get taken care of before receiving Packet 3, where were you located, and what sort of documentation was required? We all know and "love" the Japanese need for a paper trail of official documents. :rofl:

3. Did you encounter any procedural hang-ups from NOA2 through to the interview? If so, how did you deal with them?

4. Medical check- Assuming you had to travel to a designated clinic, when did you schedule your check-up for in relation to the interview (day before, week before, etc)?

5. How long did it take to get all of the official documents translated to English, and what company/service did you use?

Glad to be a part of this fine community,

Phil

Timeline

Hello everyone,

New Japan filer here. Thought I'd introduce myself and start a Q/A record for future couples. We just got our NOA1 from CSC (was VERY happy to find we were forwarded there) yesterday. If all current timeline info is correct enough to go on, we estimate it'll take 2-3 months' to clear CSC and NVC.

About us: I'm currently in North Carolina and my I-129F was received at the Dallas Lockbox on 10/30/15. NOA1 arrived at my place on 11/9/15 with an I-129F received date of 11/3/15. Misaki is currently living in Shiga Prefecture and will be doing most of her stuff there wherever possible. This is my second K-1, my ex-wife is a Canadian citizen who still has approx. 20 quarters of work left on my original I-134 before I'm no longer responsible for her. I'm not quite sure how these two things may affect the process, but I'll keep everyone updated if it becomes an issue.

Questions for recent K-1 filers:

1. How long did it take to get the visa from the day you got your NOA2 until the day the passport with visa arrived?

2. What required elements; documents etc, were you able to get taken care of before receiving Packet 3, where were you located, and what sort of documentation was required? We all know and "love" the Japanese need for a paper trail of official documents. :rofl:

3. Did you encounter any procedural hang-ups from NOA2 through to the interview? If so, how did you deal with them?

4. Medical check- Assuming you had to travel to a designated clinic, when did you schedule your check-up for in relation to the interview (day before, week before, etc)?

5. How long did it take to get all of the official documents translated to English, and what company/service did you use?

Glad to be a part of this fine community,

Phil

1. We got our NOA2 on Aug 24 and just had our interview this week, still waiting on the passports to arrive.

2. I got the police certificate from my home country and vaccination records, so if you fiancé has lived somewhere else for 6 months or longer, she will need a police clearance from that country. Also gathered all general documents that I thought I might need. I was asked in packet 3 to mail in the family register with english translation, my birth certificate also translated in english, my previous passports, originals, two 50x50 photos of me

3. One of the previous passports I mailed in went missing for a while but eventually turned up.

4. I scheduled my medical first and on the same day, after knowing my medical date, I scheduled my interview

5. I did all the translations myself, they don't need to be notarised or done by a professional translator

Hope this helps and good luck :)

Timeline

Hi Cristina, what's a family register? I'm not Japanese so I initially thought that I didn't need that. Were asked to provide it even though you aren't a Japanese citizen?

Timeline

Hi Cristina, what's a family register? I'm not Japanese so I initially thought that I didn't need that. Were asked to provide it even though you aren't a Japanese citizen?

Its the koseki tohon. I was married to a Japanese and the births of the two kids we had together were listed in his family register, so thats why they asked for it.

As a foreigner I don't have a family register, Im only listed in my ex husbands, along with my kids.

Timeline

Its the koseki tohon. I was married to a Japanese and the births of the two kids we had together were listed in his family register, so thats why they asked for it.

As a foreigner I don't have a family register, Im only listed in my ex husbands, along with my kids.

Ah ok understood, thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.