s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Your fiancé will do the interview appointment once packet 3 arrives. She can actually starts filing online visa application while waiting for the packet3 then save it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

:clock: Guys, please reassure me that I am just being crazy... We sent our I-130 last month, and according to the EMS certificate it was recieved on July 2nd, they also processed our check the same day, but I haven't recieved any email notification of anything.
Please tell me this is normal and to stop freaking out.
Anyone care to share how long it took to get any notificaton about their I-130?
:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Timeline

:clock: Guys, please reassure me that I am just being crazy... We sent our I-130 last month, and according to the EMS certificate it was recieved on July 2nd, they also processed our check the same day, but I haven't recieved any email notification of anything.

Please tell me this is normal and to stop freaking out.

Anyone care to share how long it took to get any notificaton about their I-130?

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Timeline

If they cashed out your check that means they received your documents. Wait for a few days then they'll notify you thru email ( if you include email notification )and afterwards hardcopy of NOA 1

Filed: Timeline

Regarding the Police Certificate, can anyone tell me how this is supposed to work? I would assume that if my fiance requests a police certificate, its probably going to be written in Japanese. And the instructions say that All foreign documents need to be translated to English. However, the instructions also say that Japanese police certificates are sealed, and are not valid if the seal is broken. Soooooo..... how the heck can we translate a document that becomes invalid upon opening it?! What is everyone else doing regarding this?

Timeline

Regarding the Police Certificate, can anyone tell me how this is supposed to work? I would assume that if my fiance requests a police certificate, its probably going to be written in Japanese. And the instructions say that All foreign documents need to be translated to English. However, the instructions also say that Japanese police certificates are sealed, and are not valid if the seal is broken. Soooooo..... how the heck can we translate a document that becomes invalid upon opening it?! What is everyone else doing regarding this?

Timeline

Your fiancé needs no request in getting a police certificate. Just bring the cover letter of PACKET 3 and passport. He will get it in more or less 21 working days. DO NOT OPEN the envelope. The certificate has Translations in 5 languages.

Timeline

Hello fellow Visa people,
So, we got a notice from USCIS that our I-130 is "in process", we got it by mail last week, but still no email notificaton.
It is apparently going through the California office and the time listed for their site is "5 months". Does this mean we (possibally) won't even get a NOA for up to 5 months?
:clock: I felt really depressed when I read that, and in turn so did my husband.
Words of encouragment or personal stories apperciated.

Timeline

What documents is needed for the affidavit?

I got letter of employment, pay stubs, and tax returns. Would that be enough?

Look at the NVC process wiki here, it has the info you need www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

In addition to what you have, you should provide proof of US domicile(if you're not living in the US). If you didn't order tax return transcripts from the IRS and are using your actual tax returns, you need to also include your W-2s, 1099s, etc.

Edited by rkyuu

IR1/CR1 visa

4/17/15- 1-130 sent

4/23/15- NOA1

5/21/15- NOA2

6/05/15- NVC received case

6/18/15- received case number

7/06/15- completed DS-261 and paid AOS fee

7/23/15- AOS and IV packages sent

7/27/15- IV fee paid, document scan date

8/05/15- completed DS-260

8/15/15- CASE COMPLETE!!

9/28/15- interview at Tokyo embassy- APPROVED

Timeline

So, we got a notice from USCIS that our I-130 is "in process", we got it by mail last week, but still no email notificaton.

It is apparently going through the California office and the time listed for their site is "5 months". Does this mean we (possibally) won't even get a NOA for up to 5 months?

:clock: I felt really depressed when I read that, and in turn so did my husband.

You got your NOA1 by mail last week? Don't worry too much about the email.

Are you living in Japan with your husband? If the petitioner is living overseas, your case has a good chance of being auto-expedited. That's what happened for me and my husband, we got our NOA2 in about a month. If your case is not expedited, the wait time unfortunately is 5 months.

IR1/CR1 visa

4/17/15- 1-130 sent

4/23/15- NOA1

5/21/15- NOA2

6/05/15- NVC received case

6/18/15- received case number

7/06/15- completed DS-261 and paid AOS fee

7/23/15- AOS and IV packages sent

7/27/15- IV fee paid, document scan date

8/05/15- completed DS-260

8/15/15- CASE COMPLETE!!

9/28/15- interview at Tokyo embassy- APPROVED

Timeline

What documents is needed for the affidavit?

I got letter of employment, pay stubs, and tax returns. Would that be enough?

Yes. If you can add bank and property statements would be a plus!

Timeline

Do not be depressed! There are other couples who are waiting beyond 5 months. You never know, your case might be expedited as I knew California works faster than other service centers!

Edited by Maria4Garrett

Timeline

You got your NOA1 by mail last week? Don't worry too much about the email.

Are you living in Japan with your husband? If the petitioner is living overseas, your case has a good chance of being auto-expedited. That's what happened for me and my husband, we got our NOA2 in about a month. If your case is not expedited, the wait time unfortunately is 5 months.

Ah!! I thought NOA meant Notice of Acceptance! But now that I look again, it can also be Notice of Action. Thank you!!

Yes, it seems that is what we have. And, yes, we are living together in Japan right now, as I am still under contract with my current job until next Spring.

Fingers crossed that we will be so lucky to get expedited! :idea: Thanks for the ray of hope!! (L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.