s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi everyone, for those who have already been through the NVC process, I have a question about the police certificate. I've read that it's highly recommended to get all documents translated into English, but the department of state website says this:

Sealed Envelope: Japanese Police Certificates are issued in a sealed envelope. If the seal is broken, the certificate is considered invalid. Visa applicants should not open a sealed envelope containing a Police Certificate prior to submitting it to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate or the National Visa Center.

so, what have others done? Don't get it translated, leave it in the sealed envelope?

Do not open the sealed envelope. The police certificate has translations in 5 languages.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Do not open the sealed envelope. The police certificate has translations in 5 languages.

Thank you!

IR1/CR1 visa

4/17/15- 1-130 sent

4/23/15- NOA1

5/21/15- NOA2

6/05/15- NVC received case

6/18/15- received case number

7/06/15- completed DS-261 and paid AOS fee

7/23/15- AOS and IV packages sent

7/27/15- IV fee paid, document scan date

8/05/15- completed DS-260

8/15/15- CASE COMPLETE!!

9/28/15- interview at Tokyo embassy- APPROVED

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi everyone, new Japan filer here. Quick question: I live in Japan however I'm not a Japanese national, would #32 of the I-129f form apply to me? Since I live in Japan should I provide the Japanese version of my address or is that only for JP citizens?

Timeline

I put my Kana address too..

Hi everyone, new Japan filer here. Quick question: I live in Japan however I'm not a Japanese national, would #32 of the I-129f form apply to me? Since I live in Japan should I provide the Japanese version of my address or is that only for JP citizens?

Yes. I wrote my Kana address as well as the Romaji. Good luck!

Timeline

Received NOA2 last week on the 9th of June.

What documents can my fiancee do in the mean time while waiting for packet 3? Can she do the DS-160 upon receiving the NVC case number, police records, medical?

Right now i'm gathering information for the I-134.

Your fiancee can start gathering police records cause it takes 2 weeks to receive after application. I'd suggests she would do medical after receiving Packet 3 because it wont take too much time to get the result ( roughly 5 working days ). DS -160 can be save then apply later on whenever she's ready to make an interview appointment. Hope this will helps. Goodluck!

Filed: Timeline

Your fiancee can start gathering police records cause it takes 2 weeks to receive after application. I'd suggests she would do medical after receiving Packet 3 because it wont take too much time to get the result ( roughly 5 working days ). DS -160 can be save then apply later on whenever she's ready to make an interview appointment. Hope this will helps. Goodluck!

thanks!

Timeline

Where can I get my passport picture taken? From what I'm seeing the regular photo booths don't have the required 2x2 specification so I'm assuming that I need to go to a photo studio? Does anyone have any suggestions for studios in the Yokohama or Tokyo area?

Timeline

I have no idea about photo studios in kanto area but Im sure you can find thru google. I could only suggest to be taken at photo studio to be safe. It didnt costs me much and was taken very good ;)

Where can I get my passport picture taken? From what I'm seeing the regular photo booths don't have the required 2x2 specification so I'm assuming that I need to go to a photo studio? Does anyone have any suggestions for studios in the Yokohama or Tokyo area?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

There's a photobooth in the waiting room at the embassy with the right specifications, if you feel comfortable waiting til the day of the interview to take the pictures. What we did was download a passport photo app on our phone and we printed the pictures out at FamilyMart. When you print photos on the machine there's a passport sized option, then choose the 5.5cmx5.5cm specification (same as 2x2). 200 yen for 2 pictures. The embassy accepted it for my son's passport photo.

IR1/CR1 visa

4/17/15- 1-130 sent

4/23/15- NOA1

5/21/15- NOA2

6/05/15- NVC received case

6/18/15- received case number

7/06/15- completed DS-261 and paid AOS fee

7/23/15- AOS and IV packages sent

7/27/15- IV fee paid, document scan date

8/05/15- completed DS-260

8/15/15- CASE COMPLETE!!

9/28/15- interview at Tokyo embassy- APPROVED

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey people, how long does it take to recieve packet 3? June 9th my fiancé and I got approved for noa2. But I haven't called yet for case number from NVC.

We received packet 3 in 34 days after NOA2 approval.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.