s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Great!

I just rang the call centre in Japan to query about my visa appointment payment (I didn't notice the confirmation number when I was online) and I got hung up on twice!!

They are so RUDE!!

oooh. I think the same thing happened to me. I had to send an e-mail to the visa appointment service for the B1/B2, and they charged me money to resend my confirmation number. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

oooh. I think the same thing happened to me. I had to send an e-mail to the visa appointment service for the B1/B2, and they charged me money to resend my confirmation number. :(

Yeah I didn't notice that the embasy would give me a separate confirmation number at the time I set up the payment on line.

I scanned my receipt for the payment, 17600 yen, and emailed the 3 numbers they required (bank, customer no., and confirmation no .,) but they claim no payment can be found!!

I will have to pay the fee again, and it is impossible to contact Mitsubishi UfJ Nicos , to get a refund. There is no email address to contact them and the phone line is always engaged!

What a scam!

Edited by Jacque67

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Yeah I didn't notice that the embasy would give me a separate confirmation number at the time I set up the payment on line.

I scanned my receipt for the payment, 17600 yen, and emailed the 3 numbers they required (bank, customer no., and confirmation no .,) but they claim no payment can be found!!

I will have to pay the fee again, and it is impossible to contact Mitsubishi UfJ Nicos , to get a refund. There is no email address to contact them and the phone line is always engaged!

What a scam!

What payment are you talking about? No one mentioned anything about that to me in any emails I received nor did they mentioned when I called the embassy. Is this something just specific to your case? They said all I need to do is bring the receipts to show I paid the IV fee and AoS fee and that was all and any other fees (if any) could just be paid at the embassy in cash on the day of the interview. Our interview is tomorrow so hopefully we are not missing something...

I - 130 sent 2014-04-18

Got NOA1 2014-04-22

I-130 approved 2014-05-14

NVC received 2014-05-23

DS-261/AOS bill 2014-07-01

Submit DS-261 2014-07-01

Paid AOS 2014-07-01

Sent AOS pack 2014-07-04

IV fee invoice ???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What payment are you talking about? No one mentioned anything about that to me in any emails I received nor did they mentioned when I called the embassy. Is this something just specific to your case? They said all I need to do is bring the receipts to show I paid the IV fee and AoS fee and that was all and any other fees (if any) could just be paid at the embassy in cash on the day of the interview. Our interview is tomorrow so hopefully we are not missing something...

Oh. The payment for a B2 visa.

Good luck with your interview!

Timeline

Hi! I'm writing to seek your help regarding interview date change at the embassy in Tokyo.

I'm currently waiting for my interview at Tokyo embassy for CR1 visa.

NVC scheduled my interview to be held in October, but if it's possible I really would like to change to an earlier date.

I'm now waiting for NVC to send my paperworks to Tokyo so that I can submit my request online.

My question is how long does it usually take Tokyo embassy to reply after submitting the request form online?

I'm not sure if the embassy will honor my request, but I wanted to gather information from people with experience doing it.

Also does anyone know how long it takes NVC to send paperworks to the embassy in Tokyo?

Thank you in advance for your help, and have a great weekend!!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

So, sent petition in the mail April 4th (04/04/14), it was approved 11 days later. She got her visa in hand August 8th (08/08/14). It could've been even earlier if she had made the appointment for her medical as soon as possible but she had to wait about two weeks. Did any other Japan filers have a fairly fast turnaround time?

Interestingly, I told fiance her interview day is not supposed to be more than 2 hours long. She got there 8am and It took her all day because when she was finally called up they told her to come back at 2pm because there was a problem with our case. She went back 2pm and watched the entire room empty before finally being called up again about 4pm. As you could probably imagine, she was a bundle of raw nerves by the time they were ready. Interview itself was a breeze but the interviewer expressed surprise at how fast our case flew through the pipes.

She'll be here mid October and I'm stoked as all hell but I wonder how weird our case is and if it raises any flags. Just worried about the next step. I wonder how close our case was to getting denied or dismantled or really anything negative on that interview day. Maybe our case was actually a disaster but someone behind the scenes decided to piece it back together, and that's why it took all day?

Timeline

We are entering the final stages of this whole K-1 process and I was wondering - how long it took to get the passport back with the visa after the interview? They mail it to you, correct?

Thanks!

Ours took 10 days, so two business weeks. :dancing:

Filed: Timeline

We are entering the final stages of this whole K-1 process and I was wondering - how long it took to get the passport back with the visa after the interview? They mail it to you, correct?

Thanks!

Correct, they mail it to you.

Ours took less than a week.

You can track your passport here: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/jp/jp-niv-passporttrack.asp

Timeline

10 days?! Oh no I am nervous! We booked a flight for 9 days after the interview........

Dregs did your fiance interview in Osaka/Kobe? (just looking at your timeline)

Nope, she had to make her way to Tokyo all the way from Okayama. Apparently they don't do K1s at any location other than Tokyo and Okinawa.

Edited by Dregs

• 1 month later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I can't believe it's been two years already.. we are now in ROC process.

Just stopping by to wish ya'll the best!

K-1
----------------------------
08/12/2011 Mailed I-129F
08/16/2011 NOA 1
09/20/2011 NOA 2
10/13/2011 NVC Mailed Petition to US Embassy, Tokyo, JPN
10/25/2011 Packet3/Instruction
01/05/2012 I-129 Aproval Extension (For Canadian Police Record)
01/27/2012 Medical Exam - Tokyo
02/27/2012 Interview - Tokyo
02/27/2012 Administrative Processing
05/07/2012 K-1 Visa Received
07/25/2012 POE (HNL)
08/11/2012 Married - Seattle, WA

AOS
08/28/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
09/12/2012 NOA 1
10/10/2012 Biometrics
11/05/2012 EAD/AP Card Received
11/28/2012 USCIS Interview
12/07/2012 Green Card Received

ROC

11/01/2014 Mailed I-751

11/04/2014 NOA "I-751 Receipt Notice"

11/05/2014 Check Cleared

11/25/2014 Biometrics

03/31/2015 Approved.

04/09/2015 Green Card Received

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi! I'm writing to seek your help regarding interview date change at the embassy in Tokyo.

I'm currently waiting for my interview at Tokyo embassy for CR1 visa.

NVC scheduled my interview to be held in October, but if it's possible I really would like to change to an earlier date.

I'm now waiting for NVC to send my paperworks to Tokyo so that I can submit my request online.

My question is how long does it usually take Tokyo embassy to reply after submitting the request form online?

I'm not sure if the embassy will honor my request, but I wanted to gather information from people with experience doing it.

Also does anyone know how long it takes NVC to send paperworks to the embassy in Tokyo?

Thank you in advance for your help, and have a great weekend!!

Hello! I was just wondering - did you ever get an answer to your first question? I sent the request form for an earlier interview on Monday, & since then, I've been constantly checking my email for a response. Do you remember how long it took for them to get back to you?

Thank you!

California Service Center
Consulate: Tokyo Japan
2/20/2014: Got Married (Sendai, Japan)

USCIS
4/10/2014: I130 Sent
4/15/2014: NOA1; 5/5/14: NOA2
NVC
5/13/14: NVC Received Case
6/9/14: Case Number and IIN Assigned
6/15/14: DS-261 Available and Completed
6/17/14: AOS Fee Paid
6/23/14: AOS Package Sent
7/30/14: IV Fee Paid; 7/30/14: IV Package Sent
8/3/14: DS-260 Completed
8/21/14: Checklist for AOS (Response sent same day)
8/26/14 Medical
10/17/14: Case Complete (Checklist for sponsor, but am able to bring fixed AOS to interview)
11/3/14: Interview Scheduled; 11/6/14: Case status changed to "In Transit"
11/10/14: Case status changed to "Ready"; Sent request for earlier appointment date
11/14/14: Reply from embassy - denied request to change interview date; Sent direct appeal email
11/19/14: Received response email; Interview changed from 12/29 to 12/1!
12/1/14: Interview at Consulate (I forgot the medical results, ahhh! They allowed us to mail them in.)
12/11/14: Visa in hand & Immigrant Visa Fee paid
12/19/14: POE (Vancouver)

ROC
10/17/2016: I-751 Packet Sent; 10/19/2016: I-751 Packet Delivered
10/27/2016: I-797 NOA received, but last name was spelled incorrectly
11/30/2016: Called USCIS to have name corrected
12/5/2016: Still have not received Biometrics letter. Put in service request at USCIS.

12/9/2016: Received Biometrics letter.

12/21/2016: Biometrics - name had been correctly changed, and all the workers were courteous.

11/28/2017: Infopass appointment for I-551 stamp.

4/2/2018: RFE email notice; 4/6/2018: RFE letter received

4/9/2018: RFE response sent; 4/11/2018: Received at USCIS

4/27/2018: USCIS update - "New card is being produced"

5/12/2018: Green card received 

Timeline

No I never got reply, but I was able to reschedule it to more than a month earlier date.

If I remember correctly, it didn't take long to hear from back th embassy. I think it was only couples of days so you should hear from them back soon.

I'm already in the states now, and I hope you will get your visa soon.

Hello! I was just wondering - did you ever get an answer to your first question? I sent the request form for an earlier interview on Monday, & since then, I've been constantly checking my email for a response. Do you remember how long it took for them to get back to you?

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.