s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee's interview is scheduled for 2/27! Had a bump in this LDR but she will be here in March if no issues with the interview:)

I noticed you got your NOA2 just a month after NOA1, was it expedited? Hold on there, you and your fiancee will surely be together this March, the interview stage is just a piece of cake :)

Thanks for all your help, interview went smoothly. Got approved. Yay.

That's really good news. Congratulations!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I noticed you got your NOA2 just a month after NOA1, was it expedited? Hold on there, you and your fiancee will surely be together this March, the interview stage is just a piece of cake :)

Thanks! My petition was filed normally. Not expedited.

K-1
----------------------------
08/12/2011 Mailed I-129F
08/16/2011 NOA 1
09/20/2011 NOA 2
10/13/2011 NVC Mailed Petition to US Embassy, Tokyo, JPN
10/25/2011 Packet3/Instruction
01/05/2012 I-129 Aproval Extension (For Canadian Police Record)
01/27/2012 Medical Exam - Tokyo
02/27/2012 Interview - Tokyo
02/27/2012 Administrative Processing
05/07/2012 K-1 Visa Received
07/25/2012 POE (HNL)
08/11/2012 Married - Seattle, WA

AOS
08/28/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
09/12/2012 NOA 1
10/10/2012 Biometrics
11/05/2012 EAD/AP Card Received
11/28/2012 USCIS Interview
12/07/2012 Green Card Received

ROC

11/01/2014 Mailed I-751

11/04/2014 NOA "I-751 Receipt Notice"

11/05/2014 Check Cleared

11/25/2014 Biometrics

03/31/2015 Approved.

04/09/2015 Green Card Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

How long did it take to receive your visa through the post? I've been checking the tracking number but it still hasn;t been put in the post yet, gettting a little bit anxious. It's a week tomorrow since my interview.

Timeline

How long did it take to receive your visa through the post? I've been checking the tracking number but it still hasn;t been put in the post yet, gettting a little bit anxious. It's a week tomorrow since my interview.

I wasn't able to track mine either but I got the visa 3 days after. You will probably get yours this week.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi everyone. I'm just putting all of the final touches on my I-130 application, but I'm left with one question which I can't really figure out on my own. I'm doing the translations of all of the documents (marriage certificate, koseki, supporting evidence, etc) and there have been zero problems aside from the incredibly thin paper they use for lease agreements here (what's up with that? The back side bleeds right through on all the copies I've made). The single hiccup I've run into is with the dating systems - lots of the documents, being official and all, make use of Japanese dates, so there's a bunch of Heisei dates along with like five instances of Showa. I've left them all in their original format ("Heisei 19 October 5", for example) and attached a note about the dating systems in use to the application, but I'm wondering if it might just be better to go on and convert them into Gregorian dates. For every point in favor of converting to Gregorian dates, I can think of a con, so I'd like to know what others have done in this situation. I've no idea how strict they are with this kind of stuff, and for all of the work I've put into this thing so far I'd rather not find out the hard way.

At any rate, once this is sorted I'll be mailing it all off to Chicago next week.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi everyone. I'm just putting all of the final touches on my I-130 application, but I'm left with one question which I can't really figure out on my own. I'm doing the translations of all of the documents (marriage certificate, koseki, supporting evidence, etc) and there have been zero problems aside from the incredibly thin paper they use for lease agreements here (what's up with that? The back side bleeds right through on all the copies I've made). The single hiccup I've run into is with the dating systems - lots of the documents, being official and all, make use of Japanese dates, so there's a bunch of Heisei dates along with like five instances of Showa. I've left them all in their original format ("Heisei 19 October 5", for example) and attached a note about the dating systems in use to the application, but I'm wondering if it might just be better to go on and convert them into Gregorian dates. For every point in favor of converting to Gregorian dates, I can think of a con, so I'd like to know what others have done in this situation. I've no idea how strict they are with this kind of stuff, and for all of the work I've put into this thing so far I'd rather not find out the hard way.

At any rate, once this is sorted I'll be mailing it all off to Chicago next week.

You are thinking about it way way too much.

Just put the dates in standard US format and be done with it. The point is to translate into an easily understandable format.

Timeline

Hi all,

Filed from here in Japan. Just got my e-notification that the I-130 has been received. Should be getting the NOA1 soon. Is there anything I should be doing once I get the NOA1? Just wait for the NOA2?

Also -- anyone familiar with the document you need to get the police to give you a clearance certificate? They seemed to want something from the embassy/immigration.

Thanks!

Colin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi all,

Filed from here in Japan. Just got my e-notification that the I-130 has been received. Should be getting the NOA1 soon. Is there anything I should be doing once I get the NOA1? Just wait for the NOA2?

Also -- anyone familiar with the document you need to get the police to give you a clearance certificate? They seemed to want something from the embassy/immigration.

Thanks!

Colin

My wife took a printed copy of the email we received when we got the NOA2 (as we had not yet received the paper copy in the mail) along with a photocopy of the NOA1 (which is what they really cared about). It was accepted in Tokyo without any hesitation.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Japan filers! I just got emails that they have all the documentation they need for the next step, the interview!

So, how long does it take to get an interview in Tokyo? I think the NVC chooses the interview time for you, so you can't select a convenient time for you.

1-18-2012 - I-130 Sent (from Japan to Chicago Lockbox)

1-22-2012 - I-130 Received in Chicago

2-3-2012 - Received NOA1 in Japan

2-7-2012- I-130 Approved! (so fast!!)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

put all the dates in US standard format. DO NOT USE japanese heisei etc. They will not even know what that is.

Try photocopying the paper with anotehr paper behind it. Or, reduce the copy quality/lighter darker setting. see if that works.

Hi Japan filers! I just got emails that they have all the documentation they need for the next step, the interview!

So, how long does it take to get an interview in Tokyo? I think the NVC chooses the interview time for you, so you can't select a convenient time for you.

are you in japan? if so, you should file directly at the embassy in japan. you will have a GC in two months that way. otherwise it takes 8 months to one year.

Hi all,

Thanks!

Colin

i forget, but i think you need NOA1 or one of those other forms to get the police document. GET IT ASAP!!!

You should gather up everything you can as quickly as possible. then things go faster at NVC that way.

Edited by tokyo.lovers

USCIS JOURNEY

12-08-09 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

12-11-09 - Notice of Action (NOA1)

02-25-10 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2) ~CA service center~

03-23-10 - PCC Applied - GET 04/01

Your I-130 was approved in 76 days from your NOA1 date

NVC JOURNEY

03-03-10 - NVC Case Number Assigned

03-05-10 - Email give

03-09-10 - AOS bill; Agent Email Get

03-10-10 - Paid AOS Bill; Email/Mail DS-3032

03-12-10 - AOS Bill Status: PAID

03-15-10 - IV Bill Email Get; Pay IV Bill

03-16-10 - IV Bill Status: PAID; AOS @ NVC

04-07-10 - IV Pack @ NVC

04-12-10 - IV Pack Enters AVR

04-20-10 - Log-in Fail

04-21-10 - Case Complete

04-30-10 - Interview Date Assigned

05-07-10 - NVC Forwards Case to Embassy, Tokyo

Your case was complete in 50 days at NVC

EMBASSY JOURNEY

04-16-10 - Medical Exam ($400) - PASSED

05-10-10 - Embassy Receives Case from NVC

06-28-10 - INTERVIEW - Moved

06-21-10 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

06-22-10 - Visa Received

Your interview took 192 days from your I-130 NOA1 date

USA JOURNEY

07-05-10 - US Entry

07-26-10 - Request SSC @ SS office

07-28-10 - Welcome Letter (2nd on 8/9)

08-02-10 - SSC GET

08-12-10 - Green Card GET -38 days

04-05-2012 - File I-751: APPROVED 10/17

nihonamerica.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

are you in japan? if so, you should file directly at the embassy in japan. you will have a GC in two months that way. otherwise it takes 8 months to one year.

Direct Consular Filing ended for Japan in 2011. All residents of Japan must file with the lockbox in Chicago now, and follow the regular process of then going to the NVC, so there is no more "instant green card" option, as it were.

New relevant link for people with Japanese spouses is here: http://japan.usembassy.gov/e/visa/tvisa-ivpetition.html

Edited by telfre

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hey everyone. I'm an American guy with a Japanese fiancee. Just wanted to make an introduction.

I guess the first thing I gotta do is send in an I-129F file, eh?

Are lawyers worth it?

Hello there. You don't need a lawyer, you can do it yourself. Start reading these guides: K-1 Guide, Tokyo Embassy Instructions. These example forms will also help you: Sample Forms

Ganbarimasu!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.