s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

I was at the Tokyo embassy for the interview. There was someone outside who collected all electronic items.

Try to take as few things as you can. We left our cellphones behind as they would have been confiscated.

OK cool ta. Did they want a load of evidence? How did you put your documents together?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

OK cool ta. Did they want a load of evidence? How did you put your documents together?

When you go inside they give you a large folder and tell you exactly what order they want all the documents.

We had tons of evidence but they didn't ask for any. At first I wasn't allowed to be part of the interview but later the interviewer called me over and commented on the fact that I had visited Tokyo 10 times in the last 2 years. Maybe that was enough and he didn't want any other evidence. The only thing he asked me was where I work, what field is my work, and how long I've worked there. That was it.

Timeline

When you go inside they give you a large folder and tell you exactly what order they want all the documents.

We had tons of evidence but they didn't ask for any. At first I wasn't allowed to be part of the interview but later the interviewer called me over and commented on the fact that I had visited Tokyo 10 times in the last 2 years. Maybe that was enough and he didn't want any other evidence. The only thing he asked me was where I work, what field is my work, and how long I've worked there. That was it.

Cheers, that's helped me a lot.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Cheers, that's helped me a lot.

Hi, just another question - I have my interview next Tues. What evidence did they require for support? Tax transcripts etc? What were you asked for? Starting to stress as my boyf ordered his tax transcript, but it never arrived. He called them today and ordered a new one but i'm worried it wont arrive in time for my interview. I have his W2s. Please help. Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, just another question - I have my interview next Tues. What evidence did they require for support? Tax transcripts etc? What were you asked for? Starting to stress as my boyf ordered his tax transcript, but it never arrived. He called them today and ordered a new one but i'm worried it wont arrive in time for my interview. I have his W2s. Please help. Thank you

Do you have your fiance's employment letter and pay stubs? I wonder if you checked Tokyo embassy's website, I simply followed their instructions when I assembled my documents. Check this link Affidavit of Support, they listed the documents you need to provide to verify your fiance's income. Good luck on your interview :)

Timeline

Do you have your fiance's employment letter and pay stubs? I wonder if you checked Tokyo embassy's website, I simply followed their instructions when I assembled my documents. Check this link Affidavit of Support, they listed the documents you need to provide to verify your fiance's income. Good luck on your interview :)

So, you didnt need transcripts? What did you give as evidence? What did they ask for?

Yes, I have employment letter and recent paystubs

Thanks for your help

Timeline

So, you didnt need transcripts? What did you give as evidence? What did they ask for?

Yes, I have employment letter and recent paystubs

Thanks for your help

My case was a bit different. My fiance make enough money for 2 people but we still had a co-sponsor, his dad. We submitted his dad's affidavit of support including the evidence(transcripts, W2s, bank statement, employment letter)beforehand. I brought my fiance's tax transcripts, W2, employment letter and pay stubs on my interview but they didn't really look at it. When they sent my visa they also returned my fiance's affidavit of support. It's weird but his dad was my sponsor, I guess.

Just bring the W2s with you, in case they need the tax transcripts you could just send it to them afterwards. But yeah don't worry too much, Tokyo embassy's staffs are really nice. You will be fine!

Timeline

My case was a bit different. My fiance make enough money for 2 people but we still had a co-sponsor, his dad. We submitted his dad's affidavit of support including the evidence(transcripts, W2s, bank statement, employment letter)beforehand. I brought my fiance's tax transcripts, W2, employment letter and pay stubs on my interview but they didn't really look at it. When they sent my visa they also returned my fiance's affidavit of support. It's weird but his dad was my sponsor, I guess.

Just bring the W2s with you, in case they need the tax transcripts you could just send it to them afterwards. But yeah don't worry too much, Tokyo embassy's staffs are really nice. You will be fine!

OK Thanks very much, really appreciate your quick response. I have a question about what to expect at the embassy - I know you aren't allowed to take in mobiles but do they take it off you when you go in or do i need to find a locker to put it in beforehand? How long did your interview take? Mines at 9.30 - is that the time to get in line or before then? Any other advice? Thank you

Timeline

OK Thanks very much, really appreciate your quick response. I have a question about what to expect at the embassy - I know you aren't allowed to take in mobiles but do they take it off you when you go in or do i need to find a locker to put it in beforehand? How long did your interview take? Mines at 9.30 - is that the time to get in line or before then? Any other advice? Thank you

No problem. You don't have to find a locker, the guards will take your mobile. They have plastic trays where you can put your electronic stuffs. Switch off your phone and if you have any metals like keys and coins you also have to put them in a tray for the security screening. My appointment was 8:30 but I arrived an hour earlier. I suggest you go to the embassy 30-45 minutes earlier and don't forget to bring your appointment letter. You're not allowed to bring food or drinks but don't worry they have a vending machine inside :) The interview has 3 stages: pre-screening, fingerprinting, and the actual interview. The entire process took 2 hours for me but most of those times were spent waiting for my number to be called, the actual interview only took 5 minutes though.

Your interview is on Tuesday right? Is it holiday on Monday?

Timeline

And oh, if you didn't memorize your fiance's address and phone number, write it down in a piece of paper so you won't have to go through all your documents when you fill out that piece of paper they will give to you before you enter the visa section. Good luck on your interview!

Timeline

And oh, if you didn't memorize your fiance's address and phone number, write it down in a piece of paper so you won't have to go through all your documents when you fill out that piece of paper they will give to you before you enter the visa section. Good luck on your interview!

OK, good advice, thank you. Phew, my boyfriend got his tax transcripts, just need to print them off. Yes, Monday is Lincoln day I think. Did you fill in a DS-157? It's only needed for men and people born in certain countries, right?

Timeline

OK, good advice, thank you. Phew, my boyfriend got his tax transcripts, just need to print them off. Yes, Monday is Lincoln day I think. Did you fill in a DS-157? It's only needed for men and people born in certain countries, right?

Yup, you don't need DS-157.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

My fiancee's interview is scheduled for 2/27! Had a bump in this LDR but she will be here in March if no issues with the interview:)

K-1
----------------------------
08/12/2011 Mailed I-129F
08/16/2011 NOA 1
09/20/2011 NOA 2
10/13/2011 NVC Mailed Petition to US Embassy, Tokyo, JPN
10/25/2011 Packet3/Instruction
01/05/2012 I-129 Aproval Extension (For Canadian Police Record)
01/27/2012 Medical Exam - Tokyo
02/27/2012 Interview - Tokyo
02/27/2012 Administrative Processing
05/07/2012 K-1 Visa Received
07/25/2012 POE (HNL)
08/11/2012 Married - Seattle, WA

AOS
08/28/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
09/12/2012 NOA 1
10/10/2012 Biometrics
11/05/2012 EAD/AP Card Received
11/28/2012 USCIS Interview
12/07/2012 Green Card Received

ROC

11/01/2014 Mailed I-751

11/04/2014 NOA "I-751 Receipt Notice"

11/05/2014 Check Cleared

11/25/2014 Biometrics

03/31/2015 Approved.

04/09/2015 Green Card Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.