s-luvs-k

All Japan Filers

1,867 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

NVC finally got our case on April 15th! :)

I just found out on Friday night as they must not update their phone system database right away, or maybe it just took them a while to get our case entered after they received it.

I am not sure that we would be able to do this anyway but can a beneficiary come to visit while you are at the NVC? I know its possible when you are at the USCIS but I think I remember seeing a post here that said you can't when you get to NVC.

Thanks for any responses! :)

- Justin and Masako

"The World is Open. Are You?"

Timeline
NVC finally got our case on April 15th! :)

I just found out on Friday night as they must not update their phone system database right away, or maybe it just took them a while to get our case entered after they received it.

I am not sure that we would be able to do this anyway but can a beneficiary come to visit while you are at the NVC? I know its possible when you are at the USCIS but I think I remember seeing a post here that said you can't when you get to NVC.

Thanks for any responses! :)

My wife came in but our documents were at the USCIS at the time. From what I have seen on the site it is hit or miss of they let the beneficiary enter or not. It seems to depend on a few factors:

1. The enter officer who they talk to

2. The amount of evidence that they bring and its type (if asked for this)

3. What is happening at the time of entry (terrorist alert level, etc)

I have heard that if the person is refused entry then they will have to file some sort of exemption form. It can be very problematic if they are refused entry.

Please be careful….

:star:

June 2006 Met Online

many emails and Skype sessions

November 2006 Met in the US

Many emails and Skype sessions

April 16th 2007 Married in Japan

June 11th 2007 USCIS posted case Online

June 12th 2007 Check Cashed

June Received NOA-1 dated June 29th 2007

June to September Wife visits me in the US (3 month visit)

October 17th 2007 Touched

October 17th Approved

October 29th NVC Received documents from USICS

October 31st NVC assigns Case number

November 5th 3032 and AOS bill sent out

November 22nd Wife receives 3032 in Japan

November 24th Wife mails 3032 back to NVC

November 26th I receive AOS bill and send it back to NVC (same day)

November 28th 3032 entered into NVC system

November 30th AOS bill entered into the system

December 3rd IV Bill Generated

December 11th Received I-864 packet

December 12th sent I-864 to NVC

December 14th Received the IV bill

December 14th Completed Medical Exam

December 15th Sent back IV bill

December 20th IV Bill input into the NVC system

December 26th DS-230 mailed

January 28th CASE COMPLETE!!!

February 08th Case at Embassy

March 04th Police Certificate

March 31st INTERVIEW!!!!

April 20th Date of Entery !!!

Timeline
My wife came in but our documents were at the USCIS at the time. From what I have seen on the site it is hit or miss of they let the beneficiary enter or not. It seems to depend on a few factors:

1. The enter officer who they talk to

2. The amount of evidence that they bring and its type (if asked for this)

3. What is happening at the time of entry (terrorist alert level, etc)

I have heard that if the person is refused entry then they will have to file some sort of exemption form. It can be very problematic if they are refused entry.

Please be careful….

:star:

Hi dbzman, :)

My wife came while we were at USCIS as well and she didn't have any issues. I think I even posted the details in this thread. I was just wondering if its different when you are at the NVC.

Thanks for your response though! :)

- Justin and Masako

Timeline

Hey there everyone!!

Quick question: are Japanese Police certificates for the entire country, or are they just for the local prefecture? Like, if my wife grew up in Osaka (until about age 18 (16+)), then lived in Tokyo for a while, and is now back in Osaka waiting for visa, does she just need one Police Certificate? or is she supposed to get one from Tokyo and one from Osaka?

Just wondering because of the "lived in a different part of their country of nationality for more than 6 months" part from the instructions on the site.

Also, would my wife probably be able to go down to the prefectural police station with just a copy of the NOA2 and her passport and request the Police Certificate? or does she really need to wait until the packets come from NVC?? Saw a few different stories, but was just unsure what we should do...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

She needs both Police clearance from Tokyo since she lived there for a while after her 16th birthday and from Osaka where she lives now.

Getting Police Clearance in Tokyo takes time, and there are Police Depts. which doesn't issue PC without the original packet from NVC requesting for PC and other documents. So she should probably call the PD information in Tokyo first and ask if they'll issue PC only by presenting the NOA2.

Nagoya and Kyushu PD issues PC by just copying the NOA2.

Hope this info. helps. Goodluck.

Hey there everyone!!

Quick question: are Japanese Police certificates for the entire country, or are they just for the local prefecture? Like, if my wife grew up in Osaka (until about age 18 (16+)), then lived in Tokyo for a while, and is now back in Osaka waiting for visa, does she just need one Police Certificate? or is she supposed to get one from Tokyo and one from Osaka?

Just wondering because of the "lived in a different part of their country of nationality for more than 6 months" part from the instructions on the site.

Also, would my wife probably be able to go down to the prefectural police station with just a copy of the NOA2 and her passport and request the Police Certificate? or does she really need to wait until the packets come from NVC?? Saw a few different stories, but was just unsure what we should do...

CR1 - California Service Center

02-28-2007 Sent in application

12-10-2007 Interview US Embassy/Tokyo

12-12-2007 Visa received

12-25-2007 US entry

Lifting Condition - Vermont Service Center

10-07-2009 Sent in application

11-20-2009 Biometrics Appointment

01-04-2010 Approved

01-24-2010 Visa received

N400 - Lewisville Texas

04-26-2011 Sent in application

05-02-2011 NOA

05-02-2011 Check cashed

06-09-2011 Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06/15

06-10-2011 Early walk-in Biometrics

06-14-2011 Inline sched. for interview

07-08-2011 Received Interview Letter

08-10-2011 Interview (Passed)

08-22-2011 Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Finally my visa interview will be held on the 13th of May. I am super super super nervous now. And I am planning to enter the US in the middle of June. Ahhhh, Soo worried about questions from officers. I hope that everything will go well. Ahhh help me everyone. Give me advice. :crying::crying::crying:

Timeline
Finally my visa interview will be held on the 13th of May. I am super super super nervous now. And I am planning to enter the US in the middle of June. Ahhhh, Soo worried about questions from officers. I hope that everything will go well. Ahhh help me everyone. Give me advice. :crying::crying::crying:

From what I have read I would say the best advice is, be honest and don't elaborate. Just give them the info they ask for, don't volunteer info.

I am sure it will go well. :)

Be happy, your almost done! :)

- Justin and Masako

Timeline

I just got my NOA2 approval email!!!!

Can you update us in your document J&M?

VSC

Sent I-130..................December 24 2007

Recieved NOA1...........Febuary 13th 2008

Received NOA2 approval email........May 1st 2008

NVC

May 6th 2008 : NVC received & case# generated

May 15th 2008 : NVC generated & mailed DS 3032 & AOS Fee Bill

May 28th 2008 : DS 3032 Sent (E-mailed / Auto Response)

June 4th 2008 : AOS shows PAID on website, THEN REJECTED twice

June 11th 2008 : AOS bill finally accepted. Shows PAID on website.

June 25th 2008 : Paid $400.00 IV Bill

June 26th 2008 : IV Bill shows PAID on website.

June 30th 2008 : Mailed DS-230 package to NVC.

July 11th 2008 : Called NVC. Automated message stated CASE COMPLETE!

August 8th 2008: Called NVC and spoke with operator. She stated Sept 29th at 9am is when the interview is scheduled for.

Sept 29th 2008: Wife had interview. Medical exam was about to expire before our flight so we had to get another one. Mailed it in to the embassy and got wife's visa a few days later in the mail.

Oct. 20th 2008: Wife, daughter and myself arrive back in America. POE took a whole 10 or 15 minutes.

Oct. 21st - forever: Happy to be with my wife and baby girl.

Good luck everyone!!! Stay strong and don't give up!

Jeff, Akiko and Mokka Harlow Krause!

2737631017_9d7de3d7bb_m.jpg

Timeline

Hi all,

Now that I have our NVC number I was looking at the requirements for the DS-230 and I-864. I noticed that the embassy requirements based on the first three letters of my NVC case number (NHA) were for Naha. Does that mean we will have to have our interview in Naha, Okinawa? I sure hope not, thats a lot further away then Tokyo. :/

Does anyone happen to know?

Thanks,

- Justin and Masako

Timeline
Hi all,

Now that I have our NVC number I was looking at the requirements for the DS-230 and I-864. I noticed that the embassy requirements based on the first three letters of my NVC case number (NHA) were for Naha. Does that mean we will have to have our interview in Naha, Okinawa? I sure hope not, thats a lot further away then Tokyo. :/

Does anyone happen to know?

Thanks,

Same thing happen to us. Just contact NVC and tell them they are in error. They will reassign you to a new 'TKY' number.

I've been speculating that whoever assigns the number at NVC just picks the first alphabetically for IR/CR-1 so, NHA shows up before TKY?

Timeline

I hate to throw a contrary data point to your speculation... ;) They got my NVC number correct the first time (TKY)...

So, they are not all incompetent... just most of them :)

-- Rob

Same thing happen to us. Just contact NVC and tell them they are in error. They will reassign you to a new 'TKY' number.

I've been speculating that whoeverio assigns the number at NVC just picks the first alphabetically for IR/CR-1 so, NHA shows up before TKY?

10/24/07 -- Received at CSC

01/17/08 -- USCIS Cashed CHECK

01/19/08 -- NOA1

02/05/08 -- Touched

03/07/08 -- Touched

03/12/08 -- NOA2

03/17/08 -- NVC Case # Assigned

03/31/08 -- DS-3032 and AOS Generated

04/04/08 -- E-mailed DS-3032 Response

04/14/08 -- Paid AOS Fee ($70)

04/21/08 -- Paid IV Bill ONLINE

04/23/08 -- Printed Cover Sheet (DS-230) ONLINE

Timeline

I've been speculating that whoever assigns the number at NVC just picks the first alphabetically for IR/CR-1 so, NHA shows up before TKY?

Thanks ahoka! :)

I will give them a call tonight. One thing, do you happen to know if it matters if you already paid the AoS Fee Bill? Does that mean they wouldn't be able to change it or will they just adjust it?

Thanks again, :)

- Justin and Masako

Timeline

Thanks ahoka! :)

I will give them a call tonight. One thing, do you happen to know if it matters if you already paid the AoS Fee Bill? Does that mean they wouldn't be able to change it or will they just adjust it?

Thanks again, :)

I believe it should be fine, by the time we got the new TKY number we also already paid the AoS Fee Bill under the NHA number too. It took about a month for us from when we informed NVC about the error to when they gave us the new number. During that time we just continued the process as normal under the NHA number.

Timeline
I believe it should be fine, by the time we got the new TKY number we also already paid the AoS Fee Bill under the NHA number too. It took about a month for us from when we informed NVC about the error to when they gave us the new number. During that time we just continued the process as normal under the NHA number.

I called Monday night and got someone who really didn't want to be one the phone. All I got was a hard time and him stating that I would need to send a letter explaining why I thought they were wrong and maybe they would change it. He also insisted that for my wife to be interviewed in Tokyo she would need to be living in Tokyo. :/ I decided to call back last night, just in case that guy was having a bad day, and I got a much nicer person who said that just by looking at our file he could tell we should be in Tokyo. He said he would submit the request for change to his supervisor and said to call back in a week to make sure it had been updated. He said it could take up to 15 days but lately it was going quicker. :)

Thanks so much for the advice ahoka! :)

- Justin and Masako

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.