KASH2011

I-751 March 2015 Filers

850 posts in this topic

We are in the same boat...pending background checks. Hubby's extension letter expires the end of April He can't even get a Wisconsin driver's license because they said he needs 6 months left on the extension. Now we are worried because he got a job but as soon as the background checks come back they will be looking at his GC regarding work authorization. What if they won't accept there is only one month left? I guess I will call customer service in the morning and see what they say. At least there is a field office in Milwaukee only 40 minutes away, much better than an 8 hour drive when we were in California.

So frustrating...

He can get an Infopass appointment and get his passport stamped, this stamp is good for one more (travel and any other issue related to green card) year until immigration works on his case.

Edited by flower32

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Follow-up.....hubby got all set up with his new job. They didn't have any issues with the time left on his GC extension letter.

As soon as we have lived in Wisconsin for 3 months, hubby wants to apply for citizenship.

Edited by indiana_sweetie

XMY93gI.jpgXMY9m5.png

AAD1m5.pngThankYouUSA-Kosova.jpg

See my Timeline for details of our visa journey
17-Aug-2011 Our Wedding Day in Kosovo 
07-Nov-2011 Filed I-130
21-Nov-2011 NOA1
23-Aug-2012 NOA2 Approved 276 days
10-Jan-2013 Case complete via email

28-Feb-2013 Interview, result AP
11-Apr-2013 Embassy appointment - VISA APPROVED and issued in 4 hours
30-Apr-2013 POE Chicago O'Hare - He's home!

04-Sep-2014 Moved to northern California

12-Mar-2015 Filed ROC
16-Mar-2015 Documents delivered
18-Mar-2015 Check cashed
19-Mar-2015 NOA1 dated 03/16/2015 received in mail
13-Apr-2015 Biometrics completed
02-Feb-2016 Contacted USCIS about case, was told it's on hold because of security checks (email)
04-Mar-2016 Moved to Wisconsin
12-Aug-2016 New Biometrics appointment
14-Sep-2016 Contacted USCIS again about case (email said we should hear from them by Oct 6)
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 explaining the Service Request is currently being reviewed by an officer.
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 with Interview appointment for both of us for 28-Sep-2016
28-Sep-2016 Interview, both of us, separated, not hard, 10 min. each, result---said hubby will get GC in about 10 days
26-Oct-2016 *****STILL WAITING*****
02-Nov-2016 Card is being produced!!!
08-Nov-2016 Card is mailed
10-Nov-2016 Card is Delivered!!!! YAY
CITIZENSHIP: 

Biometrics appointment for 2020-03-27 has been cancelled until further notice as all field offices are closed because of COVID-19.

***NOA dated 12/10/2020 USCIS stated they are able to reuse previous Biometrics***

Interview was easy. My hubby's Oath Ceremony is scheduled for February 25th. I can't watch >sad< but happy he is getting his certificate!

25-FEB-2021 Oath Ceremony! My hubby is a Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Follow-up.....hubby got all set up with his new job. They didn't have any issues with the time left on his GC extension letter.

As soon as we have lived in Wisconsin for 3 months, hubby wants to apply for citizenship.

That's great news on the job.

Good luck on your N-400 journey.

Edited by Caramel Swirl

Married December 2011

04/03/13 - Mailed I130/I485/I131/I76504/08/13 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04/16/13 - NOA(x4) Text/Email received with MSC number, routed to NBC

04/18/13 - Able to check status on USCIS site

04/18/13 - Received biometrics notice for 5/8/13 apt

04/23/13 - Biometrics completed by walk-in

05/14/13 - I-485 Case Status updated to Testing & Interview

05/20/13 - Text message (as of 5/19/13 I-485 interview date set for 6/20/13)06/10/13 - Status update - AP approved EAD in card production

06/14/13 - Status update - EAD/AP card mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/17/13)

06/17/13 - EAD/AP Combo Card arrival!!!!!! (I am cute looking in my picluv.gif)06/20/13 - I-485 Interviewgoofy.gif

06/20/13 - Pronto Approval!!!! "As of today you are a Legal Permanent Resident of the USA"

06/20/13 - Status updated 3 times (1-485 card approval/production, 1-130 approval NOA mailed out & 1-NOA of LPR registration status)

06/25/13 - GC in card production

06/26/13 - Status update - GC mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/29/13 )

07/01/13 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY and 4th of JULY to me (GC received - Praise be to God for another miracle and blessing!!!) cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifTears of Joy!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITION (ROC)

03/02/15 - USCIS Removal of Condition reminder letter received

03/30/15 - I-751 package submitted

03/31/15 - I-751 package delivered to USCIS

04/01/15 - NOA date

04/03/15 - I-751 check cashed by USCIS

04/28/15 - Biometrics appointment

01/26/16 - Email notification - I-751 Approved and card in production

01/28/16 - Card mailed out

01/30/16 - Thank God!! received card in the mail (NEXT STEP - CITIZENSHIP)

CITIZENSHIP

03/22/16 - N-400 package submitted​

03/23/16 - N-400 package delivered to USCIS

03/30/16 - Check cashed by USCIS

03/30/16 - NOA

04/13/16 - Biometrics appointment

07/15/16 - Interview Date

07/27/16 - Oath

1211 days!!!!!! PRAISE GOD...I AM A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am glad his new employer didn't cause any trouble to him. Has your husband got another one year extension stamp yet? He would need to do that before his current one expires. For that he would need to make an infopass appointment. Also make sure your new address is in place. You should file AR-11 address change online ASAP, but remember to put the receipt numbers for the ROC as well. During the infopass appointment, he should also confirm if they received your new address. Last thing you guys want is them sending some communication to your old address and you guys fail to respond in time. As far as I know, USPS would not forward letters coming from USCIS.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belize
Timeline

we sent rfe on the 23rd of march and have not even gotten a receipt notice. is this normal? initial package was sent on march 9th 2015. we didnt hear back until jan 25th 2016 when they ask for more evidence

The USCIS is quite inept you know, it is possible that the agent handling your case reviewed your case in January and asked for more stuff. Did you send the 2nd RFE request yet?

AOS from F1 visa
11/09/12, Mailed AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765) to Chicago lockbox.
11/13/12, Package delivered to Chicago lockbox.
11/16/12, Text & email received for all 3 forms.
11/16/12, I-130 & I-485 checks cashed.
11/22/12, NOAs received for I-130, I-485, I-765.
12/11/12, Biometrics appointment (12/27) NOA received.
12/12/12, Successful Walk-in biometrics @ Varick Street Manhattan ASC.
12/18/12, Online case status available (I130-initial review; I1765-initial review; I485-testing and interview)
01/14/13, Notice of EAD approval via text & email.
01/22/13, EAD received.
03/24/13, Online status notification for interview April 30th.
04/30/13, Interview @ Federal plaza, NYC. No decision, pending background check
07/10/13, Day 244 Approved (after a very long wait)

07/18/13 Green Card in hand

ROC

04//14/15 Mailed ROC package (I-751) to Vermont Service Center

05/08/15 Received receipt notice dated 04/16/15

03/22/16 Approved (after 11.5 months)

N400

05//24/16 Mailed N400 package USCIS (Dallas)

12/05/2017 Interview notice arrived

01/03/2017 Interview completed

03/03/2017 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

The USCIS is quite inept you know, it is possible that the agent handling your case reviewed your case in January and asked for more stuff. Did you send the 2nd RFE request yet?

thanks ..

we sent the i751 on march 9th 2015, got rfe on january 25th 2016 and responded on march 23rd 2016. just wondering if we will get a recept of notice of the rfe and how long we should wait to get approved

Timeline

thanks ..

we sent the i751 on march 9th 2015, got rfe on january 25th 2016 and responded on march 23rd 2016. just wondering if we will get a recept of notice of the rfe and how long we should wait to get approved

RFE is one thing no one could predict. Some cases get approved withing days, some wait months and then go to interview stage. I guess you should wait little longer before you could do any sort of inquiry. I don't want to scare you but since it is VSC, waiting could be little more dramatic but hopefully you will something very soon. Edited by charmander

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belize
Timeline

thanks ..

Well if they are satisfied with your RFE response, they'll approve you not long after they receive the RFE. Most people on here seem to get approved with 1 - 3 Weeks after their response was received, but there no guarantee that that'll be the same for your case. Give a little time (maybe a month) then inquire about it. Also, why haven't you filed for citizenship yet?

Edited by nitehero

AOS from F1 visa
11/09/12, Mailed AOS package (I-130, I-485, I-765) to Chicago lockbox.
11/13/12, Package delivered to Chicago lockbox.
11/16/12, Text & email received for all 3 forms.
11/16/12, I-130 & I-485 checks cashed.
11/22/12, NOAs received for I-130, I-485, I-765.
12/11/12, Biometrics appointment (12/27) NOA received.
12/12/12, Successful Walk-in biometrics @ Varick Street Manhattan ASC.
12/18/12, Online case status available (I130-initial review; I1765-initial review; I485-testing and interview)
01/14/13, Notice of EAD approval via text & email.
01/22/13, EAD received.
03/24/13, Online status notification for interview April 30th.
04/30/13, Interview @ Federal plaza, NYC. No decision, pending background check
07/10/13, Day 244 Approved (after a very long wait)

07/18/13 Green Card in hand

ROC

04//14/15 Mailed ROC package (I-751) to Vermont Service Center

05/08/15 Received receipt notice dated 04/16/15

03/22/16 Approved (after 11.5 months)

N400

05//24/16 Mailed N400 package USCIS (Dallas)

12/05/2017 Interview notice arrived

01/03/2017 Interview completed

03/03/2017 Oath Ceremony

So funny enough...even though I was told at my interview on March 10th that I would receive my GC, I now got a letter that my case was transferred to VERMONT! The letter doesn't say why and when I called they couldn't tell me either. This is so nerve wrecking! They told me on the phone that there shouldn't be a reason why I would NOT receive my GC but who knows what "soon" means. I'm gonna call them back May 1st and see what they say then. Also then I'll make a info pass appointment to get that stamp in my passport since my extension expires at the end of June.

It's been 13 months! At this point I just wanna cry.

Timeline

So funny enough...even though I was told at my interview on March 10th that I would receive my GC, I now got a letter that my case was transferred to VERMONT! The letter doesn't say why and when I called they couldn't tell me either. This is so nerve wrecking! They told me on the phone that there shouldn't be a reason why I would NOT receive my GC but who knows what "soon" means. I'm gonna call them back May 1st and see what they say then. Also then I'll make a info pass appointment to get that stamp in my passport since my extension expires at the end of June.

It's been 13 months! At this point I just wanna cry.

What??? Have you received the approval letter? Must be a mistake, don't wait till May 1st call them tomorrow.

What??? Have you received the approval letter? Must be a mistake, don't wait till May 1st call them tomorrow.

No I didn't receive any approval letter. The officer told me that I was approved and I would get my GC in 2 weeks (which I doubted cause...yea) so I was just patiently waiting for the approval letter or the letter with the GC. Instead I got that letter.

I called twice the next day and the first person didn't even understand what I wanted -.- and told me to send a letter to Vermont.....

The second person said it's normal and there shouldn't be a reason why I wouldn't get my GC now. But couldn't tell my WHY it was send to Vermont. She told me to wait another 6 weeks. I don't know what to do other than wait and then go to an Infopass appointment.

Timeline

No I didn't receive any approval letter. The officer told me that I was approved and I would get my GC in 2 weeks (which I doubted cause...yea) so I was just patiently waiting for the approval letter or the letter with the GC. Instead I got that letter.

I called twice the next day and the first person didn't even understand what I wanted -.- and told me to send a letter to Vermont.....

The second person said it's normal and there shouldn't be a reason why I wouldn't get my GC now. But couldn't tell my WHY it was send to Vermont. She told me to wait another 6 weeks. I don't know what to do other than wait and then go to an Infopass appointment.

I think you need to make an infopass at the office you interviewed and if possible demand to speak with the person who interviewed you. Don't wait till VSC takes action, they are horribly slow in everything. It may take months before they realize why the heck TN office forwarded them a CSC case.

I think you need to make an infopass at the office you interviewed and if possible demand to speak with the person who interviewed you. Don't wait till VSC takes action, they are horribly slow in everything. It may take months before they realize why the heck TN office forwarded them a CSC case.

I don't remember the officers name though :/ I know where his office is and what it looks like though lol It should be in their system who held the interview right? Cause then I just go to him right there. Ugh. This is just....so nerve wrecking!

I checked the infopass page and I'm not sure what to choose.

Order from Immigration Court - If you were directed to us for processing based on an order from the Immigration Judge. You must bring all documents required in the post order instructions given to you by the court.

Case Processing Appointment - If you received a notice to go to your local office for further case processing.

EAD inquiry appointment - If your I-765 employment authorization application has been pending for more than 90 days.

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.