UmmSqueakster

The Cairo Club

237 posts in this topic

Yeah... ok... so what's up with those sideburns?

:lol::lol::lol:

I actually like them on my guy.

Here's a question for ya.......I keep asking Usama why he does not want to grow a beard. Religious reasons aside, when he does not shave for like three days lemme tell ya I almost have to shut the video cam off because he's HOT with a beard!!! He told me that he'll explain why the next time I visit....he couldn't talk about it over the internet.

Anyone know the answer to this mysterious question? Or is he just pulling my leg and he'll just say, "i don't wanna'. lol

My husband has a beard, he shaved it once because of the army.. and I told NEVER EVER to do it again...he had no upper lip :lol: ... he looks sooooo much better with it.

Maybe the reason why he can't keep it is a political one. I know they give people problems there for having a beard too. :(

Worry is a choice that displeases God. When you worry, you reveal that you

don't really trust God to provide all that you need. --June Hunt

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Maybe the reason why he can't keep it is a political one. I know they give people problems there for having a beard too. :(

That's so whacked since it's an Islamic country and especially since Cairo is like the city of mosques right? I'd think they'd give people problems without it.

Anyone know what those sweet hollow sticks are that taste like the inside of a heathbar? They are sticks about 5 inches long or so and come in packs of about twenty. I need MORE!!!!

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

That's so whacked since it's an Islamic country and especially since Cairo is like the city of mosques right? I'd think they'd give people problems without it.

Anyone know what those sweet hollow sticks are that taste like the inside of a heathbar? They are sticks about 5 inches long or so and come in packs of about twenty. I need MORE!!!!

lol, i love reading ur posts by the way...soooo funny!! youre so cool wallahy. :D

Filed: Timeline

Om Kolsoum? She has some loooooong songs. Also, Fayroz is very popular there and I think she's dead. Om Kolsoum is the most famous Egyptian singer by far.

There was a song that he listened to constantly on the radio by this woman who I think has since died. I have no idea the name of it or even if it was different songs that sounded the same or what but it was really really really long. She kept repeating the word "habibi" a lot if that helps. He said she was very famous and loved and that she performed the longest songs.

Anyone know who I'm talking about? I really didnt' care for it but I'd give anything to be able to download it now when I miss him. :(

Timeline

lol, i love reading ur posts by the way...soooo funny!! youre so cool wallahy. :D

HA!!! Tell that to my kids!!! Last night I was browsing Henia's hijab pics and my kids asked, "whatcha doin?" and I said, "looking at fashion styles" and they said, "YOU...looking at FASHION????" :lol::lol::lol:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline

I get a BIG cheesy Smile very time I see my husband on the cam and he hasnt shaved... I love it! wicked hot!.. And he too says in Egypt it is hard to have a beard.. inshallah some day..

06.14.2006 - Got Married in Alexandria, Egypt :) :) :)

05.23.2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!!! inshallah.......

*** Interview is a SUCCESS !!!! *** now for a speedy AP!! inshallah...

06.18.2007 - Starting to Freak Out over this AP #######

06.27.2007 - Visa In Hand.. Alhamdulillah!

07.13.2007 - Husband arrives in the US!!! alhamdulillah ..yup.. thats right Friday the 13th!!

07.24.2007 - Mailed in AOS & EAD together to Chicago

It doesn't matter what you say

I just can't stay here every yesterday

Like keep on acting out the same

The way we act out

Every way to smile

Forget

And make-believe we never needed

Any more than this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cf6k4yJyv0

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xv6lHwWwO3w

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Om Kolsoum? She has some loooooong songs. Also, Fayroz is very popular there and I think she's dead. Om Kolsoum is the most famous Egyptian singer by far.

I was going to say Umm Kulthum as well. Different spelling, same person.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

HA!!! Tell that to my kids!!! Last night I was browsing Henia's hijab pics and my kids asked, "whatcha doin?" and I said, "looking at fashion styles" and they said, "YOU...looking at FASHION????" :lol::lol::lol:

:lol: see what i mean

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
There was a song that he listened to constantly on the radio by this woman who I think has since died. I have no idea the name of it or even if it was different songs that sounded the same or what but it was really really really long. She kept repeating the word "habibi" a lot if that helps. He said she was very famous and loved and that she performed the longest songs.

Anyone know who I'm talking about? I really didnt' care for it but I'd give anything to be able to download it now when I miss him. :(

Sorry...lol but its Om Kalthoum, if you try to google it the other wya you may not find songs. Oh and Moody she is not only th most famous Egyptian singer but she is a legend in all arab countries. She rocks!

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline

I'll have to ask him tonight and now that I've written it down here I might actually remember!! lol We've gotten to the point where we both have to write ourselves little notes throughout the day so we'll remember what we wanted to talk about at night. :blush:

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Timeline
I get a BIG cheesy Smile very time I see my husband on the cam and he hasnt shaved... I love it! wicked hot!.. And he too says in Egypt it is hard to have a beard.. inshallah some day..

That reminds me......is it just in Egypt or is this an overall ME/NA thing? Every other word out of his mouth is inshaAllah. To the point where I was like...... :blink: For example, we'd be in a cab and the driver would ask what way to go and he'd be like, "inshaAllah right (in arabic)", then "insha Allah left". lol. I mean I can see saying "inshaAllah I'll be there next summer" but I have a 95% expectation that the dude's gonna make the right turn. :lol:

Edited by doodlebug

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:no: Definately look into the history of modern egypt, and the interplay between Islamist groups (especially the muslim brotherhood and the violent offshouts like al-gama'a al-islamiyya). Each of the modern rulers of egypt (except Naguib) have been essentially dictators. Islamists offer an alternative political system, and as such, are a threat to the establishment. Visible signs of Islamism, especially the beard, are frowned upon.

Although I think I remember talking about this with DH that the brotherhood doesn't wear beards anymore, but apolitical islamist groups do.

I highly recommend Mobilizing Islam for a primer on Islam and islamism in egypt.

Edited by rahma

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Ah well I tried, lol. Whatever way you spell it she's awesome. I have a few of her CDs. The first time I spoke with Moh online he talked about her and I held up one of the CDs for him to see in the cam. He was shocked! He told me he knew from that point I was a keeper :)

Sorry...lol but its Om Kalthoum, if you try to google it the other wya you may not find songs. Oh and Moody she is not only th most famous Egyptian singer but she is a legend in all arab countries. She rocks!

It's a MENA thing. My ex says it constantly, too.

That reminds me......is it just in Egypt or is this an overall ME/NA thing? Every other word out of his mouth is inshaAllah. To the point where I was like...... :blink: For example, we'd be in a cab and the driver would ask what way to go and he'd be like, "inshaAllah right (in arabic)", then "insha Allah left". lol. I mean I can see saying "inshaAllah I'll be there next summer" but I have a 95% expectation that the dude's gonna make the right turn. :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yeah I'm a big fan of the classics!

Ah well I tried, lol. Whatever way you spell it she's awesome. I have a few of her CDs. The first time I spoke with Moh online he talked about her and I held up one of the CDs for him to see in the cam. He was shocked! He told me he knew from that point I was a keeper :)

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.