405 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I agree, September fillers wouldnt get PD current in 8/12 months, unless they are planning on another retrogression this year which i think wont happen (hopefully)... Cause if it keeps moving 4 weeks a month September fillers will start to get interview letters in may or june. SO if they're allowing them to pay fees already and saying their PD will be current soon maybe we will have good news next VB... or at least they won't stop advancing. It's just a guess.

This is an aproximate timeline, I tried to complete it trough the e-mails I still have, I don't know why I couldn't find all of them...

:star: USCIS Stage

08/14/2013 - Priority Date

10/08/2013 - I-130 Approved- NOA2

(F)NVC Stage:

11/18/2013 - Received Case Number & IIN by E-Mail

11/18/2013- AOS fee bil generated & paid

11/19/2013- DS-261 generated & filled

11/24/2013 - IV Packet fee bill generated & paid

12/04/2013 - DS-260 filled & submitted online

12/07/2013 - AOS and IV Packet sent together

01/31/2014 - Received AOS Checklist

02/26/2014 - Received AOS Checklist (this time they asked me to take it to the interview)

02/26/2014 - Together with the cheklist they wrote that they had finished reviewing my case, so this is my CASE COMPLETE DATE.

03/04/2014 - CASE COMPLETE E-MAIL

04/01/2014 - Interview Letter received

05/08/2014 - Interview date (received the green slip 221g form)

06/09/2014 - Submitted documents required in form 221g

06/10/2014 - CEAC status changed to "Ready"

06/13/2014 - Received e-mail saying I have to wait until Priority Date becomes current again for visa to be issued.

05/19/2015 - Interview date

05/22/2015 - Passport arrived

05/31/2015 - Arrived at the USA

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Actually, usually the request for payment is 8-12 months prior to the PD to become current. Before it was 12-18 months. Take also into consideration that it takes 2-3 months to have the case completed.

If prior timelines are correct, whoever pays now may have the PD current 8 months from now.

My wild guess is that NVC is preparing fliers for a big jump in the upcoming bulletins, remember FEB VB stated clearly

D. VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

FAMILY-sponsored categories (potential monthly movement)

Worldwide dates:

F1: Up to three weeks

F2A: Three or four weeks

F2B: Three to six weeks

F3: Up to three weeks

F4: Two to four weeks

EMPLOYMENT-based categories (potential monthly movement)

Employment First: Current

Employment Second:

Worldwide: Current

China: Three to six weeks

India: Four to six months

Employment Third:

Worldwide: Rapid forward movement for at least another month or two. The rapid movement in recent months should generate a significant amount of demand for numbers. Once such demand materializes at the anticipated rate it will have a direct impact on this cut-off date.

China: Rapid forward movement. Such movement is likely to result

in a dramatic increase in demand which could require

"corrective" action within the next six months.

India: Up to two weeks

Mexico: Will remain at the worldwide date

Philippines: Will remain at the worldwide date. Increased demand may

require "corrective" action at some point later in the

fiscal year.

Employment Fourth: Current

Employment Fifth: Current - for most countries. The expected increase in

China-mainland born demand would require the

establishment of a cut-off date for such applicants

no later than the summer months.

The category will remain "Current" for all other countries

for the foreseeable future.

The above projections for the Family and Employment categories indicate what is likely to happen on a monthly basis through May based on current applicant demand patterns. Readers should never assume that recent trends in cut-off date movements are guaranteed for the future, or that "corrective" action will not be required at some point in an effort to maintain number use within the applicable annual limits. The determination of the actual monthly cut-off dates is subject to monthly fluctuations in applicant demand and a number of other variables.

THE CORRECTIVE action talked about was a positive one, rather than have 3 to 4 weeks movement like in the previous trend, we had 6 weeks movement. Remember most August fliers have immigrated to the USA. We can only watch and see. Hoping for the very best. Good luck to us all.

Month/Day/Year 09/24/2013 - Priority Date09/26/2013 - NOA112/18/2013 - NOA2 - Approved01/06/2014 - NVC Received my case02/13/2015 - Received email to pay AOS/ DS-261 WAIVED02/14/2015 - AOS & IV Fees Paid03/06/2015 - Financial Documents and Civil documents sent to NVC03/09/2015 - NVC Received03/09/2015 - NVC Scan Date03/09/2015 - Ds260 completed and submitted03/11/2015 - NVC sent confirmation via email04/04/2015 - AOS Checklist 04/06/2015 -Response to Checklist04/07/2015 - New Scan Date04/30/2015 - Case complete confirmation via phone05/07/2015 - Received case complete confirmation mail06/02/2015 - Interview Date ( 2nd July 2015) over the phone 06/08/2015 - Interview Letter arrived via Email 06/15/2015 - Medical Test Completed06/10/2015 - Case shows READY at CEAC portal<p>Visa Approved, waiting to pick up passport :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Obviously I am hoping as well for a big movement, but I am just quoting Charlie Oppenheim of the Department of State’s Visa Office:

The National Visa Center (NVC) is now sending out requests for payments 8 to 12 months in advance the of the priority date becoming “current.” The NVC had previously been contacting applicants 12 to 18 months in advance.

And he is the one who makes the VB.

My wild guess is that NVC is preparing fliers for a big jump in the upcoming bulletins, remember FEB VB stated clearly

D. VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

FAMILY-sponsored categories (potential monthly movement)

Worldwide dates:

F1: Up to three weeks
F2A: Three or four weeks
F2B: Three to six weeks
F3: Up to three weeks
F4: Two to four weeks

EMPLOYMENT-based categories (potential monthly movement)

Employment First: Current

Employment Second:

Worldwide: Current
China: Three to six weeks
India: Four to six months

Employment Third:

Worldwide: Rapid forward movement for at least another month or two. The rapid movement in recent months should generate a significant amount of demand for numbers. Once such demand materializes at the anticipated rate it will have a direct impact on this cut-off date.

China: Rapid forward movement. Such movement is likely to result
in a dramatic increase in demand which could require
"corrective" action within the next six months.
India: Up to two weeks
Mexico: Will remain at the worldwide date
Philippines: Will remain at the worldwide date. Increased demand may
require "corrective" action at some point later in the
fiscal year.

Employment Fourth: Current

Employment Fifth: Current - for most countries. The expected increase in
China-mainland born demand would require the
establishment of a cut-off date for such applicants
no later than the summer months.

The category will remain "Current" for all other countries
for the foreseeable future.

The above projections for the Family and Employment categories indicate what is likely to happen on a monthly basis through May based on current applicant demand patterns. Readers should never assume that recent trends in cut-off date movements are guaranteed for the future, or that "corrective" action will not be required at some point in an effort to maintain number use within the applicable annual limits. The determination of the actual monthly cut-off dates is subject to monthly fluctuations in applicant demand and a number of other variables.
THE CORRECTIVE action talked about was a positive one, rather than have 3 to 4 weeks movement like in the previous trend, we had 6 weeks movement. Remember most August fliers have immigrated to the USA. We can only watch and see. Hoping for the very best. Good luck to us all.

THIS IS NOT THE VISA BULLETIN

Timeline

Obviously I am hoping as well for a big movement, but I am just quoting Charlie Oppenheim of the Department of States Visa Office:

The National Visa Center (NVC) is now sending out requests for payments 8 to 12 months in advance the of the priority date becoming current. The NVC had previously been contacting applicants 12 to 18 months in advance.

This is FEB 2015 visa bulletin, beneath it was my comment, from "THE CORRECTIVE" please read closely, are you saying the visa bulletin would move slowly until 8 months when they are currently processing JUNE 22, I do not see the logic to that. I took my time to find out when NVC contacts applicants,petitioners and attorneys to continue the process, I found out it is not 8 months but 2 months or even less. Septemeber 2013 would not be current in 8 months.

Month/Day/Year 09/24/2013 - Priority Date09/26/2013 - NOA112/18/2013 - NOA2 - Approved01/06/2014 - NVC Received my case02/13/2015 - Received email to pay AOS/ DS-261 WAIVED02/14/2015 - AOS & IV Fees Paid03/06/2015 - Financial Documents and Civil documents sent to NVC03/09/2015 - NVC Received03/09/2015 - NVC Scan Date03/09/2015 - Ds260 completed and submitted03/11/2015 - NVC sent confirmation via email04/04/2015 - AOS Checklist 04/06/2015 -Response to Checklist04/07/2015 - New Scan Date04/30/2015 - Case complete confirmation via phone05/07/2015 - Received case complete confirmation mail06/02/2015 - Interview Date ( 2nd July 2015) over the phone 06/08/2015 - Interview Letter arrived via Email 06/15/2015 - Medical Test Completed06/10/2015 - Case shows READY at CEAC portal<p>Visa Approved, waiting to pick up passport :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

This is FEB 2015 visa bulletin, beneath it was my comment, from "THE CORRECTIVE" please read closely, are you saying the visa bulletin would move slowly until 8 months when they are currently processing JUNE 22, I do not see the logic to that. I took my time to find out when NVC contacts applicants,petitioners and attorneys to continue the process, I found out it is not 8 months but 2 months or even less. Septemeber 2013 would not be current in 8 months.

How did you find out?

Timeline

I checked timelines, in fact some people get current before NVC sends them instruction to continue process, am almost certain, they are preparing fliers for a big movement. We can only sit back and relax and hope not to be disappointed.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Big movements can backfire to retrogression.

Very right...!!!

that would be the worst thing to happen now....

i think the best for all of us would be a constant & steady movement...

P.D. 18FEB2014

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Guys! i know all of you are waiting now! buti need your help! I'm a Permanent resident here in US, and now i'll file a petition for my husband whose in the philippines... my having a hard time to filled up our G325a form, because of some confusion...

1) the question FILE NUMBER on the upper right of the form and the ALien Registration number on the lower part... as the petitioner i know where to find my alien registration number. But the FILE NUMBER, i don't know where to find it please help me. does my form and my spouse form will put the same FILE NUMBER A? i've been searching for almost a week but still there is no answer. somesays FILE NUMBER A and the alien registration number are the same but some they same no! just put NOne or leave it blank.

2) using of last name??

-i'm having also a problem of deciding what to use? because till now my passport ,my Cal ID and ssn are not updated. theni saw one website for some tips on filling a petition for spouse:

Tips and Checks:

For those who have already taken or are planning on taking your spouse’s last name, use your new last name while filling the application.

-It does not matter if your SSN, Drivers License, Passport etc. have not been updated to reflect your new name. Your marriage certificate suffices the name change requirement.

Please help me guys! :cry:

Timeline

Big movements can backfire to retrogression.

Hi Apple! Congrats! i saw your time line! Happy for you! And HI kabayan! can you help me please on filling mine?

Hi Guys! i know all of you are waiting now! buti need your help! I'm a Permanent resident here in US, and now i am going to file a petition for my husband whose in the philippines... my having a hard time to filled up our G325a form, because of some confusion...

1) the question FILE NUMBER on the upper right of the form and the ALien Registration number on the lower part... as the petitioner i know where to find my alien registration number. But the FILE NUMBER, i don't know where to find it please help me. does my form and my spouse form will put the same FILE NUMBER A? i've been searching for almost a week but still there is no answer. somesays FILE NUMBER A and the alien registration number are the same but some they same no! just put NOne or leave it blank.

2) using of last name??

-i'm having also a problem of deciding what to use? because till now my passport ,my Cal ID and ssn are not updated. theni saw one website for some tips on filling a petition for spouse:

Tips and Checks:

For those who have already taken or are planning on taking your spouse’s last name, use your new last name while filling the application.

-It does not matter if your SSN, Drivers License, Passport etc. have not been updated to reflect your new name. Your marriage certificate suffices the name change requirement.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Albania
Timeline

I filed for my husband in 2013 , my priority date is September 13 2013 and I submitted all the documents and fees last year in February , CC in April . My PD was close to sept 8 and I think that's why they asked me to submit all the documents and fees , now sept pd are really close to be current ( on my opinion ) so they started to collect the documents and fees .

Good luck everyone !

Edited by Adela93

Timeline

Hi Apple! Congrats! i saw your time line! Happy for you! And HI kabayan! can you help me please on filling mine?

Hi Guys! i know all of you are waiting now! buti need your help! I'm a Permanent resident here in US, and now i am going to file a petition for my husband whose in the philippines... my having a hard time to filled up our G325a form, because of some confusion...

2) using of last name??

Tips and Checks:

For those who have already taken or are planning on taking your spouses last name, use your new last name while filling the application.

The file number is your A number. They're the same. For your husband's g325a, you will leave it blank since he doesn't have an A number.

You can still use your maiden name in the forms. It doesn't matter if you haven't change it yet to married name. It won't affect the petition at all. You can change your name later on but you will pay a $400+ fee at USCIS to get a new GC.

Good luck!

Obviously I am hoping as well for a big movement, but I am just quoting Charlie Oppenheim of the Department of State’s Visa Office:

The National Visa Center (NVC) is now sending out requests for payments 8 to 12 months in advance the of the priority date becoming “current.” The NVC had previously been contacting applicants 12 to 18 months in advance.

Well, I don't believe he makes the entire VB and also what he stated is now stale information as that was during the last quarter of 2014. New predictions and case completions change the dynamics of the Visa bulletin and visa availability every month. It's highly probably that timeline has moved up or changed in the last few months. I think things are going as expected and we should hopefully see some positive movement soon.

F2A JOURNEY STATUS

COMPLETE

USCIS

Vermont Service Center

01/17/14 : NOA1 (Priority Date)

03/24/15 : NOA-T (Electronic Transfer notice to California Service Center)

03/28/15 : NOA-T (Hard Copy of Transfer notice received in mail)

03/30/15 : NOA2 ( I-130 Approved) Electronic confirmation

04/03/15 : NOA2 Hard Copy received in mail

NVC

http://www.visajourn...php/NVC_Process

04/16/15 : NVC Received Case (Phone call with CSR confirmed)

04/24/15 : Case number and IIN assigned (Phone Call)

04/27/15 : NVC Welcome Letter received via Email

04/27/15 : DS-261 Waived and AOS & IV bill invoiced

04/28/15 : AOS & IV bill paid (Status: IN PROCESS)

04/29/15 : AOS & IV bill paid (Status: PAID)

04/29/15 : DS-260 Available online

04/30/15 : DS-260 Completed

05/08/15 : AOS and IV Package mailed to NVC

05/26/15 : NVC Scan Date (CSR confirmed)

06/17/15 : Case Complete

07/29/15 : Interview Date Received Sep 2nd! (CSR confirmed) :dancing:

07/30/15 : Interview Letter email received (P4)

07/31/15 : NVC shipped out case to London Embassy

Embassy

07/30/15 : Medical Completed

08/01/15 : CEAC status "In Transit"

08/03/15 : Package received at London Embassy

08/05/15 : CEAC status "Ready"

09/02/15 : Interview

09/02/15 : Interview Result: APPROVED!!

09/03/15 : CEAC status changed to "Administrative Processing"

09/04/15 : CEAC status changed to "Issued " :dancing:

09/10/15 : Visa in hand!!

09/11/15 : POE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Guys,

April VB2015 will be release soon in next 2 weeks, my wild guess for F2A PD will be September 22nd 2013 which means 3 months forward since last March VB 2013 is June 22nd 2013. Due to executive action signed by US President Obama, DOS is likely to move dates earlier in the year, instead of waiting till the last quarter of fiscal year; since at that time they can get a more accurate view of demand across all categories and hence can more accurately calculate expected spillovers across EB/FB categories. This sounds like DOS is preparing a big jump in April - June 2015.

My PD is 16th Sept 2013 and I am ready to fill I-485 for my Adjustment of Status in US.

If someone has more information about April VB 2015 please share.

Thanks.

Month/Day/Year

F2A

Married on 10/08/2012

I-130 sent on 09/15/2013

Priority day is 09/16/2013

I-130 was approved on 11/15/2013

I did wait almost 2 years for my visa available to be able to send I-485.

AOS

I-485 and I-765 were sent on 05/29/2015

USCIS Received Date June 02, 2015 

A check of $1070 was cashed by USCIS Chicago on 06/08/2015

Biometrics Appointment on July 1st, 2015

EAD is approved on August 10th 2015 (73 days)

Received EAD card on August 19th 2015

Sent renew EAD on April 9th 2016

Got interview notice on March 30th 2016

USCIS received on April 11th 2016

Interview Scheduled on May 3rd 2016

Approved on the spot - Handed print out approval notice.

Received 10 years GC in hand on May 7th 2016

N-400 

Filed online on 02/02/2021

NOA online on 02/02/2021

Received NOA in mail on 02/10/2021

Reuse Biometrics NOA online 02/19/2021

Received  in mail Reuse Biometrics NOA on  03/01/2021

Interview Scheduled on 02/17/2022

Interviewed on 03/16/2022

Oath scheduled on 03/22/2022

Took Oath on 04/02/2022

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.