mbalih

February 2015 IR-1 / CR-1 Filers

2,747 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Been staying away from VJ for a bit as the process has my wife and I depressed and I see everyone else going through NVC. It is hard to look at other people in some of the other threads who only send in I-130 a few months ago, got approved super quick and are now complaining that NVC is slow and they are almost at the same point as we are...like 7 months faster...it is really getting hard.

We called NVC last Friday. They still couldn't see our emailed documents in the system.

The rep told me to email the documents again with a note about it being the second time and that they were sent originally on what date.

He said he put us on a list for a supervisor to look at our case and find the documents.

So I resent all the emails on Sunday morning to them as requested.

Not sure what else to do..have not called yet this week. Not sure I want to hear more bad news. We thought about applying for an expedite but not sure it will help and could slow us down if the consulate here is slow to reply.

USCIS

Spoiler

2015-02-02: Sent I-130

2015-02-04: USCIS Received and transferred to NSC

2015-02-06: NOA1

2015-06-19: NOA2 Email. 133 days between NOA1 and NOA2

2015-06-26: USCIS update that case was sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

2015-07-02: Case received by NVC

2015-07-14: Case number assigned when calling on 2015-07-20 but couldn't give emails as case was locked still

2015-07-27: Called and was able to give emails

2015-07-27: Submit DS-261

2015-07-27: Pay AOS Fee

2015-08-25: Receive IV bill

2015-08-26: Pay IV Fee

2015-09-05: Submit DS-260

2015-09-07: Sent AOS and IV package via EP

2015-10-11: Resubmit via EP after being told to do so on 2015-10-09 as it looked like our original emails were lost

2015-10-16: Received email for scan date of 2015-10-12. Told that basically nothing can be done and we need to wait 30 days from 2015-10-12 (30+ days lost because they lost our emails)

2015-10-26: Told case is basically complete but that they are building my electronic file. Told there is no timeline for this.

2015-10-30 & 2015-11-13: Still told no update. Building electronic file still and no timeline.

2015-11-17: Case Complete

2015-12-03: Receive packet 4

2015-12-15: Medical

2015-12-18: Medical picked up results

2016-01-12: Interview - Approved!

2016-02-03: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey everyone! Just got my wife's interview date!! Nov. 13th in Mumbai. Next up is the Medical exam... My cc was Oct.7th, so seems things are flowing for all of us! :)

Congratulations

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Been staying away from VJ for a bit as the process has my wife and I depressed and I see everyone else going through NVC. It is hard to look at other people in some of the other threads who only send in I-130 a few months ago, got approved super quick and are now complaining that NVC is slow and they are almost at the same point as we are...like 7 months faster...it is really getting hard.

We called NVC last Friday. They still couldn't see our emailed documents in the system.

The rep told me to email the documents again with a note about it being the second time and that they were sent originally on what date.

He said he put us on a list for a supervisor to look at our case and find the documents.

So I resent all the emails on Sunday morning to them as requested.

Not sure what else to do..have not called yet this week. Not sure I want to hear more bad news. We thought about applying for an expedite but not sure it will help and could slow us down if the consulate here is slow to reply.

I know how you guys must feel. We are having issues as well with them losing our documents. Don't get disappointed though! Call them every day, like I did and bug them to find your email and also ask to get it expedite. I mean, you're not losing anything!

Also, what I noticed is that in the morning, when they open the lines, the reps seem to be more friendly and they actually know what they are talking about. One of the reps, Darryl (i think that's how you spell it) was the one that managed to calm me down and gave me his honest opinion. For me and my husband it really helped! Call in the morning and explain your frustration and if need be ask them kindly to transfer you to a supervisor.

Come on, cheer up! In the end this will be worth it! And you guys are so close! Don't lose hope and just bug them everyday!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

4 weeks in waiting, and no IV fee invoice :( Calling everyday and no use so far. aos and iv package got reviewed and complete with DS-260 pending. Don't know when i'll receive my IV invoice ! Atleast I wish I could get the checklist email which tells about next steps.

Edited by RRockz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

First congrats to everyone that is moving forward to interviews!

I am a little confused. I received my case number and IIN today. I paid the AOS fee and completed the DS-261. After reading so many posts, I am confused about when I need to call NVC to confirm email address or why I need to do this, if I completed the DS-261 online.

Timeline

First congrats to everyone that is moving forward to interviews!

I am a little confused. I received my case number and IIN today. I paid the AOS fee and completed the DS-261. After reading so many posts, I am confused about when I need to call NVC to confirm email address or why I need to do this, if I completed the DS-261 online.

You're calling NVC to have them review the DS 261. You don't have to but it saves you time. Once the DS 261 is submitted, it has to be reviewed in order tor the IV bill to be generated. This review normally takes up to 30 days. Once the AOS shows as paid you can call and (very nicely) ask the NVC rep to "look over" your DS 261-which is basically they confirm the contact information that was submitted on the DS 261.

In my case, me calling alerted me to an issue where my case was locked. When I was researching I found a guy that didn't call and ended up with a locked case which wasn't unlocked for months because he didn't want to call initially and decided to wait until NVC emailed him. In my case calling got in unlocked a few days later.

Edited by kamw

09/27/14 Married :content:

12/03/14 Became a US citizen :star:

. .

02/25/15 130 Petition sent

02/27/15 NOA1 date :clock:

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/19/15 Case number assigned, submitted DS-261

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/25/15 Received welcome letter

08/25/15 Sent AOS & IV package

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

08/31/15 AOS & IV scan date confirmed by Sup.

09/02/15 Received IV bill by email

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

09/09/15 Submitted DS-260

09/17/15 Case Completed @ NVC

10/06/15 Expedite Request sent to NVC

11/12/15 Contacted Sen. Marco Rubio for assistance with expedite by email

11/19/15 Expedite Approved

12/9/15 Medical

12/11/15 Interview (Approved)

12/14/15 CEAC Status changed to AP

12/15/15 CEAC Status Changed to Issued

12/18/15 Picked up Passport & booked hubby's ticket.

12/31/15 Ring in the New Years together after 4 years!!!! :dancing:

event.png

Timeline

You're calling NVC to have them review the DS 261. You don't have to but it saves you time. Once the DS 261 is submitted, it has to be reviewed in order tor the IV bill to be generated. This review normally takes up to 30 days. Once the AOS shows as paid you can call and (very nicely) ask the NVC rep to "look over" your DS 261-which is basically they confirm the contact information that was submitted on the DS 261.

In my case, me calling alerted me to an issue where my case was locked. When I was researching I found a guy that didn't call and ended up with a locked case which wasn't unlocked for months because he didn't want to call initially and decided to wait until NVC emailed him. In my case calling got in unlocked a few days later.

Thanks so much for clearing that up, hopefully I can call by Friday or Monday for the review.

I like to think we are all on the home run. Mailed in our 864 aos and loads of supporting docs. We are filing based on assets and also provided alot of evidence to demonstrate my wife has maintained her usa domicile whilst residing abroad for the past 18 years. I hope we covered everything. Fingers crossed. Love and happiness to all.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@denali sorry to burst your bubbles but you're no where near the end. Don't u see the NVC to embassy stage is taking longer than the USCIS stage?

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

There was an Indian officer who asked questions about the petitioner address, whether beneficiary has been to US, about petitioners job, who is calling beneficiary to the US, simple questions. There was an American officer who asked about who is calling my wife to the US, husband's age, husband's birthday, husband's degree, husband's current job, current whereabouts, her degree, whether she is happy in the marriage, after which he said visa was approved. :D

Hi Jaysis.

Congrats for the visa.

I got CC yesterday and now waiting for medical and interview letter from Mumbai consulate. Is there any document to be submitted from US from this step onwards ? How long it took for the medical checkup ?

We paid our iv fee last october 11 thru online payment and until its still in process. How long does the paid sign be seen in the website so that i can complete the ds260 form? Thank u

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

We paid our iv fee last october 11 thru online payment and until its still in process. How long does the paid sign be seen in the website so that i can complete the ds260 form? Thank u

Its usually takes 2-3 business days to clear. At least from my personal experience.

Got CC on 16th October. Now waiting for for medical and interview letter.

Is there anything to be submitted from US now?

Congratulations.... All the best moving forward.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Praise God!!!

He has been great throughout this visa journey. My wife was approved for immigrant visa today, while I waited outside the consulate in Mumbai. The consulate experience lasted less than one hour! It will be a few days for the visa to arrive at pickup location.

I hope that all of us Feb filers will be granted the mercy that God has bestowed upon us.

There was an Indian officer who asked questions about the petitioner address, whether beneficiary has been to US, about petitioners job, who is calling beneficiary to the US, simple questions. There was an American officer who asked about who is calling my wife to the US, husband's age, husband's birthday, husband's degree, husband's current job, current whereabouts, her degree, whether she is happy in the marriage, after which he said visa was approved. :D

Hi Jayisis!! I am so happy your journey has ended!! With a happy end, of course! Glad to start seeing those fellow Feb filers start posting about their interview experiences already!! I hope you have a wonderful life, now with the companionship of your wife! -_-

Keep praying for us who are still waiting for NVC approvals, and for those of us who are about to encounter that awaited Interview!!

10/09/14 - Marriage (L)

02/03/15 - I-130 Sent

02/09/15 - NOA1 :clock:

07/20/15 - NOA2 :dancing:

07/28/15 - USCIS sent case to NVC

08/03/15 - NVC received case

08/14/15 - NVC assigned Case # and IIN #

08/20/15- Paid AOS and IV Fees

08/22/15 - Submitted DS-260

08/25/15 - Sent AOS/IV Packages

08/31/15 - Scan Date (NVC Rep Confirmed by phone) :clock:

09/17/15 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! (NVC Rep Confirmed by phone - 17 days from scan date) :dancing::dance::dancing:

09/24/15 - Received Email with CC Confirmation Letter

10/01/15 - Called NVC, and got Interview Scheduled!! :dancing::dance::dancing:

10/06/15 - Received Interview Letter with Instructions (P4) via Email

10/09/15 - Received Interview Letter with Instructions (P4) via Mail

11/20/15 - Medical Appt.

11/23/15 - Biometrics Appt.

11/24/15 - Interview in Ciudad Juarez, MX - APPROVED!! :D

Timeline

Praise God!!!

He has been great throughout this visa journey. My wife was approved for immigrant visa today, while I waited outside the consulate in Mumbai. The consulate experience lasted less than one hour! It will be a few days for the visa to arrive at pickup location.

I hope that all of us Feb filers will be granted the mercy that God has bestowed upon us.

Glad to hear the good news. I was wondering if you were still on this board lol.

Congratulations. Safe efforts for both of you on your travel home.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.