mbalih

February 2015 IR-1 / CR-1 Filers

2,747 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi debi361. I'm sorry about the AP but please what was the reason, was it about an incomplete docs or something else. But I pray to God that the AP will be lifted soon and you will get your visa

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all,

I'm sorry I haven't posted much lately. Work has been pretty tough in the last days. Today I got a letter from NVC asking me to bring an original signed i-864 to the interview. My husband will be there with me, so I think it's going to be okay.

We called NVC last night and they still say they don't have our emails from September 7th. This women that I spoke to basically told me I can wait a few days but it looks like they never got them. She put me on hold and said she spoke to someone else about it (she implied it was a supervisor) and they could see nothing in the system. She basically said there was nothing she could do. They we wait a bit longer and give it time. We could send the emails again or she even said "maybe you should mail them, as in your country you have the choice". I asked her about if we sent them what happens and she said we wait 30 days. I told her but we have waited 30 days, every time we called they said it was fine and just to wait. Now we have lost 30 days. It looks like :(

So we are really lost what to do. We don't know if we should wait a bit, resend by email, send by mail. If we resend what will happen. Especially if they all of a sudden start working on them.

I posted this in another thread but just wanted to share with my friends here in February thread.

If anyone is going to send by email...I can't say I recommend it if you have the choice. They seem to have no way to even tell if they got it. And working in Information Technology (I actually manage large email systems and support systems etc.) that is just crazy to me.

Hi brentos,

I'm very sorry about this. Are you willing to escalate this, maybe talk to a senator or make a formal complaint to the Department of State? I know it's painful, but it breaks my heart to hear that you lost one month. The NVC is so incompetent. They should stop offering Electronic Processing, it's just hurting good-willed people instead of making the process easier.

:angry:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

CC yesterday, just found out this morning! All 3 cases are ready to be released to the Embassy in London now! :joy:

I guess the supervisor found the 'missing' police check pretty easily!

Yay! I'm glad to hear it went all fine.

Does your embassy require kids to participate in the interview as well? Brazil does. I wonder what they're going to ask my daughter...

(By the way, I'm super stressed because are they requiring a Tuberculosis exam for her that takes *10 days* to be ready... The other exam, TST, is sold out in the entire country, hmpf)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'd advise all of us to avoid sending things to the NVC by email. It's a recipe for disaster and frustration. When we first got our case number it was incorrect and in the same call the Rep told send them an email and we did on the same day, August 5 and that it'd take 30 days for them to respond. It was out of forward thinking at the end of August when we sent in the AOS that we included a letter asking them to change the interview location. And when they reviewed the AOS docs they made the change. Look at it physical mails are easier monitored than emails. Even without personal emails we tend to overlook some mails at times. What more can we expect of emails sent to the NVC on a commercial basis. Save yourself the headache and pay the extra bucks. It'll pay off

If God takes us to it, He'll bring us through it. He'll never take us where His grace cannot reach and keep us

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, just wait for a week or two weeks (maybe) then. Did NVC say they will try their best to find your email? Pray NVC will find your it soon.

Well the lady on the phone didn't make it seem like they were doing much to look, just that it might show up. I am on hold with them right now, so I guess I will see what they say now.

Hi all,

I'm sorry I haven't posted much lately. Work has been pretty tough in the last days. Today I got a letter from NVC asking me to bring an original signed i-864 to the interview. My husband will be there with me, so I think it's going to be okay.

Hi brentos,

I'm very sorry about this. Are you willing to escalate this, maybe talk to a senator or make a formal complaint to the Department of State? I know it's painful, but it breaks my heart to hear that you lost one month. The NVC is so incompetent. They should stop offering Electronic Processing, it's just hurting good-willed people instead of making the process easier.

:angry:

I am hoping that maybe we can expedite once we do send in new documents if they don't find them, because their system lost them.

It shouldn't be hard for them to process emails...lots of companies have email support systems that process hundreds of thousands of emails without issue.

I don't know what to do really...I don't want our case messed up. If they have not found it soon I guess we are just resending and we just need to decide if we are doing mail or email.

I'd advise all of us to avoid sending things to the NVC by email. It's a recipe for disaster and frustration. When we first got our case number it was incorrect and in the same call the Rep told send them an email and we did on the same day, August 5 and that it'd take 30 days for them to respond. It was out of forward thinking at the end of August when we sent in the AOS that we included a letter asking them to change the interview location. And when they reviewed the AOS docs they made the change. Look at it physical mails are easier monitored than emails. Even without personal emails we tend to overlook some mails at times. What more can we expect of emails sent to the NVC on a commercial basis. Save yourself the headache and pay the extra bucks. It'll pay off

Honestly, email should be easier to track if they had proper systems. But I guess it seems they don't. A lot of big companies do support by email and gets huge volumes of emails without issue. But I don't know what NVC uses. Thing is I believe so they are going to start pushing more countries to do email to reduce paperwork etc.

USCIS

Spoiler

2015-02-02: Sent I-130

2015-02-04: USCIS Received and transferred to NSC

2015-02-06: NOA1

2015-06-19: NOA2 Email. 133 days between NOA1 and NOA2

2015-06-26: USCIS update that case was sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

2015-07-02: Case received by NVC

2015-07-14: Case number assigned when calling on 2015-07-20 but couldn't give emails as case was locked still

2015-07-27: Called and was able to give emails

2015-07-27: Submit DS-261

2015-07-27: Pay AOS Fee

2015-08-25: Receive IV bill

2015-08-26: Pay IV Fee

2015-09-05: Submit DS-260

2015-09-07: Sent AOS and IV package via EP

2015-10-11: Resubmit via EP after being told to do so on 2015-10-09 as it looked like our original emails were lost

2015-10-16: Received email for scan date of 2015-10-12. Told that basically nothing can be done and we need to wait 30 days from 2015-10-12 (30+ days lost because they lost our emails)

2015-10-26: Told case is basically complete but that they are building my electronic file. Told there is no timeline for this.

2015-10-30 & 2015-11-13: Still told no update. Building electronic file still and no timeline.

2015-11-17: Case Complete

2015-12-03: Receive packet 4

2015-12-15: Medical

2015-12-18: Medical picked up results

2016-01-12: Interview - Approved!

2016-02-03: POE

Yay! I'm glad to hear it went all fine.

Does your embassy require kids to participate in the interview as well? Brazil does. I wonder what they're going to ask my daughter...

(By the way, I'm super stressed because are they requiring a Tuberculosis exam for her that takes *10 days* to be ready... The other exam, TST, is sold out in the entire country, hmpf)

Thank you :)

As far as I'm aware, all embassies require kids who have their own visa application to be at the interview. I hear London is fairly laid back because the UK is not a high risk fraud country so I don't think they ill ask much, I expect whether they are excited to go and how well the get on with their stepdad.

What is a TST exam? We have just got up to date with our vaccinations ready for the medical and are now just waiting for an interview date so I can book the medicals. Apparently it's around 4-6weeks from CC to interview date in the UK so hoping I hear soon, I could do with as much notice as possible with having to book 3 of us in with the doctor and the travel with them all.

Do you have your interview date yet? I try to follow people's stories but my memory's just not that good haha x

Hi everyone. I need some advise. Is it better to mail AOS package and IV package in the same mail? We have AOS peppers ready but we need to know what's better.

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

Hi everyone. I need some advise. Is it better to mail AOS package and IV package in the same mail? We have AOS peppers ready but we need to know what's better.

Thanks. I appreciate your help.

Yes! Send them together.

Spoiler

xVozm5.png

s-event.pngs-event.pngs-event.png

USCIS

02/09/2015 - Husband mailed I-130 package to USCIS

02/11/2015 - NOA1 e-mail received, Vermont Service Center

02/20/2015 - NOA1 mail received

07/09/2015 - Approved! NOA2 e-mail received.

NVC

07/17/2015 - NVC received

08/06/2015 - Case number assigned, submitted DS-261 and paid AOS bill

08/15/2015 - Received welcome letter

08/15/2015 - Sent AOS & IV package

08/19/2015 - NVC received AOS & IV package (scan date)

08/21/2015 - Paid IV bill

08/24/2015 - submitted DS-260

09/04/2015 - Case Complete! (16 days after scan date)

09/10/2015 - Got interview date - Oct 27, 2015

09/14/2015 - Received interview letter (P4) via e-mail

Embassy

10/02/2015 - Medical done

10/27/2015 - Interview in Jakarta

10/27/2015 - Visa Approved! Praise the Lord :dancing:

10/28/2015 - CEAC status changed to issued

10/29/2015 - Visa in hand!

10/31/2015 - ELIS fee paid

11/26/2015 - POE : Washington, DC

12/23/2015 - Green Card in hand. Thank you Jesus! :star:

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

I-751 Timeline

10/26/2017 - Mailed out our ROC package to VSC

10/28/2017 - Delivered at VSC

10/30/2017 - NOA dated

11/13/2017 - Received NOA letter in mail

11/27/2017 - Received biometrics appointment letter

12/04/2017 - Biometrics appointment

08/13/2018 - Received 18 months notice letter

12/18/2018 - New Card is being produced

12/27/2018 - Received 10-year GC in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi All,

Those who got their case completed, how long it took for you to receive a case complete email from NVC from the day you saw the AOS fee status changed from "PAID" to "N/A" ?

Hi All,

Those who got their case completed, how long it took for you to receive a case complete email from NVC from the day you saw the AOS fee status changed from "PAID" to "N/A" ?

Hi, I never received any CC email. My CC was confirmed by calling NVC. The only email I got after CC is my P4 (interview) letter.

Edited by maniput
Spoiler

xVozm5.png

s-event.pngs-event.pngs-event.png

USCIS

02/09/2015 - Husband mailed I-130 package to USCIS

02/11/2015 - NOA1 e-mail received, Vermont Service Center

02/20/2015 - NOA1 mail received

07/09/2015 - Approved! NOA2 e-mail received.

NVC

07/17/2015 - NVC received

08/06/2015 - Case number assigned, submitted DS-261 and paid AOS bill

08/15/2015 - Received welcome letter

08/15/2015 - Sent AOS & IV package

08/19/2015 - NVC received AOS & IV package (scan date)

08/21/2015 - Paid IV bill

08/24/2015 - submitted DS-260

09/04/2015 - Case Complete! (16 days after scan date)

09/10/2015 - Got interview date - Oct 27, 2015

09/14/2015 - Received interview letter (P4) via e-mail

Embassy

10/02/2015 - Medical done

10/27/2015 - Interview in Jakarta

10/27/2015 - Visa Approved! Praise the Lord :dancing:

10/28/2015 - CEAC status changed to issued

10/29/2015 - Visa in hand!

10/31/2015 - ELIS fee paid

11/26/2015 - POE : Washington, DC

12/23/2015 - Green Card in hand. Thank you Jesus! :star:

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

I-751 Timeline

10/26/2017 - Mailed out our ROC package to VSC

10/28/2017 - Delivered at VSC

10/30/2017 - NOA dated

11/13/2017 - Received NOA letter in mail

11/27/2017 - Received biometrics appointment letter

12/04/2017 - Biometrics appointment

08/13/2018 - Received 18 months notice letter

12/18/2018 - New Card is being produced

12/27/2018 - Received 10-year GC in the mail

Today i actually just got an email stating CC or as close to CC as you can get i think...

Dear Sir/Madam,
All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has
been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and
attorney (if applicable) will be notified.
The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment
until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.
The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the
interview.
Sincerely,
Director
National Visa Center

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Happy TGIF to all my fellow journeyers. God is sill in the business of answering prayers and wiping tears away. This morning I called NVC to check if an interview date has been set for my wife and as usual they told me that "sorry we do not have a date for you and we do not know when a date will become available" I hanged up the phone disappointed but still believing in GOD's miracles. Knowing that NVC will be closed on Monday because of Columbus day, I decided to call again this evening and I am happy to report that an interview date has been set for us. To God be the glory. For all those still waiting for NOA 2, CC or interview date, do not stop believing because Our God is a Good God and He is still in the business of answering prayers and wiping away tears. May God provide all the answers we all seek and may He perfect all that concern us. I pray that all those who are having their interviews this month will get approve.

CC 10/02/2015

interview set 10/09/2015

Interview date 11/05

Today i actually just got an email stating CC or as close to CC as you can get i think...

Dear Sir/Madam,
All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has
been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and
The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment
The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the
interview.
Sincerely,
Director
National Visa Center

Congrats

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Dear Sir/Madam,

interview.

Sincerely,

Director

National Visa Center

Congratulation.... All the best moving forward.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.