mbalih

February 2015 IR-1 / CR-1 Filers

2,747 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

HELP my fellow Feb filers!!!!!!! I called NVC and was told for some strange reason my case is locked!!!!!!! He then told me to pay the AOS fee and full out the form, i told him i did that already and its still showing paid. He then suggested that i summit some form online choose my agent, state my reason etc and the IV will be available to be paidetc..... help I'm so confused!!!!!!! Could it be the reason for my case being lock the result of them releasing the IV to be paid hence my 15 day to review is on Monday? Thanks in advanced.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

HELP my fellow Feb filers!!!!!!! I called NVC and was told for some strange reason my case is locked!!!!!!! He then told me to pay the AOS fee and full out the form, i told him i did that already and its still showing paid. He then suggested that i summit some form online choose my agent, state my reason etc and the IV will be available to be paidetc..... help I'm so confused!!!!!!! Could it be the reason for my case being lock the result of them releasing the IV to be paid hence my 15 day to review is on Monday? Thanks in advanced.

Hi BHSMama, by looking at your timeline, I noticed that you paid your AOS Fee, and you already filled out your agent form (DS-261). It could be your case is "locked' for the reason that the IV fee is to be release on your CEAC website to be paid, therefore, giving you access to the DS-260. Try logging in at a later time to see if it shows to be able to pay it. Please don't get worried.

If I were you, I would get ready to get all the documents to fill out the DS-260. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_Visa_Application.html Here is a link to download a sample of the application, it really helps downloading it, and pre fill it out so you can quickly do it, when it is available to you. Best of Luck!

10/09/14 - Marriage (L)

02/03/15 - I-130 Sent

02/09/15 - NOA1 :clock:

07/20/15 - NOA2 :dancing:

07/28/15 - USCIS sent case to NVC

08/03/15 - NVC received case

08/14/15 - NVC assigned Case # and IIN #

08/20/15- Paid AOS and IV Fees

08/22/15 - Submitted DS-260

08/25/15 - Sent AOS/IV Packages

08/31/15 - Scan Date (NVC Rep Confirmed by phone) :clock:

09/17/15 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! (NVC Rep Confirmed by phone - 17 days from scan date) :dancing::dance::dancing:

09/24/15 - Received Email with CC Confirmation Letter

10/01/15 - Called NVC, and got Interview Scheduled!! :dancing::dance::dancing:

10/06/15 - Received Interview Letter with Instructions (P4) via Email

10/09/15 - Received Interview Letter with Instructions (P4) via Mail

11/20/15 - Medical Appt.

11/23/15 - Biometrics Appt.

11/24/15 - Interview in Ciudad Juarez, MX - APPROVED!! :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Your case being locked for 2-3 days is normal, but more than that it's not. My daughter's was locked for 15 days, and we only got ahead by being sent to a supervisor review. But there is no reason to panic yet.

Call them every day starting from Monday. Ask them politely if they can review your DS-261 - if they say no, keep your calm and ask them why they can't do it. Write down the reason - they'll probably say "it's locked" or "someone else is working on it".

After some four days if it's still locked, call back and say "May I please speak to a supervisor - I understand that someone has been working on my case, but the DS-261 is a very simple form and it should not take 3-4 days for someone to review it". The NVC rep may say no, but always be kind and insist politely - and if you still can't get it, call again and try it with someone else.

This is not a big reason to panic - kamw and I got our cases locked and we both are CC right now. Everything will be fine!

Please let us know how it went, good luck!

PS - By the way, they will only release the IV fee after you review your DS-261, so you don't need to worry about that. For now, try to concentrate to get them to review your DS-261 so you can get ahead.

Edited by BRlove

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Your case being locked for 2-3 days is normal, but more than that it's not. My daughter's was locked for 15 days, and we only got ahead by being sent to a supervisor review. But there is no reason to panic yet.

Call them every day starting from Monday. Ask them politely if they can review your DS-261 - if they say no, keep your calm and ask them why they can't do it. Write down the reason - they'll probably say "it's locked" or "someone else is working on it".

After some four days if it's still locked, call back and say "May I please speak to a supervisor - I understand that someone has been working on my case, but the DS-261 is a very simple form and it should not take 3-4 days for someone to review it". The NVC rep may say no, but always be kind and insist politely - and if you still can't get it, call again and try it with someone else.

This is not a big reason to panic - kamw and I got our cases locked and we both are CC right now. Everything will be fine!

Please let us know how it went, good luck!

PS - By the way, they will only release the IV fee after you review your DS-261, so you don't need to worry about that. For now, try to concentrate to get them to review your DS-261 so you can get ahead.

I consign with everything said. Try to call everyday. Be nice and just ask questions so you sound like you know what's going on. They will give you more info if you sound like someone already told the details. Ask why is it locked? How much longer do they anticipated it being locked? Are they updating something and is that why they pulled it back? Can a supervisor get it unlocked today? What can you do to get it unlocked and move to the next step? Just various questions. Stay polite and friendly-as much as you can.

Once they tell you a sup will call you back a few times call and ask to be transferred to one asap. Remain polite but insistent. Once you get to a supervisor it literally takes 2-3 minutes before you can be on your way.

Edited by kamw

09/27/14 Married :content:

12/03/14 Became a US citizen :star:

. .

02/25/15 130 Petition sent

02/27/15 NOA1 date :clock:

07/23/15 NOA2 date

08/03/15 Mailed to NVC

08/07/15 NVC Received

08/19/15 Case number assigned, submitted DS-261

08/20/15 Paid AOS bill

08/25/15 Received welcome letter

08/25/15 Sent AOS & IV package

08/31/15 DS-261 reviewed

08/31/15 AOS & IV scan date confirmed by Sup.

09/02/15 Received IV bill by email

09/03/15 Paid IV bill

09/09/15 Submitted DS-260

09/17/15 Case Completed @ NVC

10/06/15 Expedite Request sent to NVC

11/12/15 Contacted Sen. Marco Rubio for assistance with expedite by email

11/19/15 Expedite Approved

12/9/15 Medical

12/11/15 Interview (Approved)

12/14/15 CEAC Status changed to AP

12/15/15 CEAC Status Changed to Issued

12/18/15 Picked up Passport & booked hubby's ticket.

12/31/15 Ring in the New Years together after 4 years!!!! :dancing:

event.png

Timeline

Thanks for responding, i called back that every same day and spoke to a lady, she didn't mention anything about the case being locked, she said its being worked on and by the end of this week call back every thing should be in the system by then. So fingers crossed this week will be the week for me to be able to pay the IV fee and submit the DS-260.

Timeline

I have been trying to reach the NVC to get my case number for several days. I have been unable to get through. The message "due to the large number of calls .... please call back later". What is the best time to call? My case was approved Sept. 8 at CSC. Thanks!

I have been trying to reach the NVC to get my case number for several days. I have been unable to get through. The message "due to the large number of calls .... please call back later". What is the best time to call? My case was approved Sept. 8 at CSC. Thanks!

It's better to call as early as possible, around 7:30 or 8 AM. Or, close to closing time, around 11PM EST. My husband liked calling them at night. :D

Spoiler

xVozm5.png

s-event.pngs-event.pngs-event.png

USCIS

02/09/2015 - Husband mailed I-130 package to USCIS

02/11/2015 - NOA1 e-mail received, Vermont Service Center

02/20/2015 - NOA1 mail received

07/09/2015 - Approved! NOA2 e-mail received.

NVC

07/17/2015 - NVC received

08/06/2015 - Case number assigned, submitted DS-261 and paid AOS bill

08/15/2015 - Received welcome letter

08/15/2015 - Sent AOS & IV package

08/19/2015 - NVC received AOS & IV package (scan date)

08/21/2015 - Paid IV bill

08/24/2015 - submitted DS-260

09/04/2015 - Case Complete! (16 days after scan date)

09/10/2015 - Got interview date - Oct 27, 2015

09/14/2015 - Received interview letter (P4) via e-mail

Embassy

10/02/2015 - Medical done

10/27/2015 - Interview in Jakarta

10/27/2015 - Visa Approved! Praise the Lord :dancing:

10/28/2015 - CEAC status changed to issued

10/29/2015 - Visa in hand!

10/31/2015 - ELIS fee paid

11/26/2015 - POE : Washington, DC

12/23/2015 - Green Card in hand. Thank you Jesus! :star:

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. (Jeremiah 29:11)

I-751 Timeline

10/26/2017 - Mailed out our ROC package to VSC

10/28/2017 - Delivered at VSC

10/30/2017 - NOA dated

11/13/2017 - Received NOA letter in mail

11/27/2017 - Received biometrics appointment letter

12/04/2017 - Biometrics appointment

08/13/2018 - Received 18 months notice letter

12/18/2018 - New Card is being produced

12/27/2018 - Received 10-year GC in the mail

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Hey! I think it depends... for example, for me I got through easier when I called them around 10-10:30 am than when I called at 7:00 am. I also had couple of times when I redialed 40x till I got through... So, just keep on calling and redial as many times as you can.

When you do get through and get a rep to answer, make sure you get the case number and also IIN. You will need both to login on ceac.state.gov

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Sometimes you just need to redial over and over. You will hear that message and then on one call what he said is a bit different and it means you got through. But yeah just redial. I find night time after like 9:30est to be the best time. Or early morning.

USCIS

Spoiler

2015-02-02: Sent I-130

2015-02-04: USCIS Received and transferred to NSC

2015-02-06: NOA1

2015-06-19: NOA2 Email. 133 days between NOA1 and NOA2

2015-06-26: USCIS update that case was sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

2015-07-02: Case received by NVC

2015-07-14: Case number assigned when calling on 2015-07-20 but couldn't give emails as case was locked still

2015-07-27: Called and was able to give emails

2015-07-27: Submit DS-261

2015-07-27: Pay AOS Fee

2015-08-25: Receive IV bill

2015-08-26: Pay IV Fee

2015-09-05: Submit DS-260

2015-09-07: Sent AOS and IV package via EP

2015-10-11: Resubmit via EP after being told to do so on 2015-10-09 as it looked like our original emails were lost

2015-10-16: Received email for scan date of 2015-10-12. Told that basically nothing can be done and we need to wait 30 days from 2015-10-12 (30+ days lost because they lost our emails)

2015-10-26: Told case is basically complete but that they are building my electronic file. Told there is no timeline for this.

2015-10-30 & 2015-11-13: Still told no update. Building electronic file still and no timeline.

2015-11-17: Case Complete

2015-12-03: Receive packet 4

2015-12-15: Medical

2015-12-18: Medical picked up results

2016-01-12: Interview - Approved!

2016-02-03: POE

Timeline

So I finally got through to NVC and the representative said it will take 35 days from the approval date for them to get the files in their office and that it was not there yet. How do I determine if my file has left CSC yet?

Timeline

So I finally got through to NVC and the representative said it will take 35 days from the approval date for them to get the files in their office and that it was not there yet. How do I determine if my file has left CSC yet?

Hi, normally the USCIS.gov website states on there when the file has been sent to NVC, Go in there and click on "check your case status" (if there are no glitches) it should say "Case sent to Dept of State (NVC)" and it should give you a date when the case was sent. There have been people say that their status never changes on there, if that is the case, I suggest calling USCIS to know when it got sent over to NVC. :) Hope this helps!

10/09/14 - Marriage (L)

02/03/15 - I-130 Sent

02/09/15 - NOA1 :clock:

07/20/15 - NOA2 :dancing:

07/28/15 - USCIS sent case to NVC

08/03/15 - NVC received case

08/14/15 - NVC assigned Case # and IIN #

08/20/15- Paid AOS and IV Fees

08/22/15 - Submitted DS-260

08/25/15 - Sent AOS/IV Packages

08/31/15 - Scan Date (NVC Rep Confirmed by phone) :clock:

09/17/15 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! (NVC Rep Confirmed by phone - 17 days from scan date) :dancing::dance::dancing:

09/24/15 - Received Email with CC Confirmation Letter

10/01/15 - Called NVC, and got Interview Scheduled!! :dancing::dance::dancing:

10/06/15 - Received Interview Letter with Instructions (P4) via Email

10/09/15 - Received Interview Letter with Instructions (P4) via Mail

11/20/15 - Medical Appt.

11/23/15 - Biometrics Appt.

11/24/15 - Interview in Ciudad Juarez, MX - APPROVED!! :D

Timeline

Hello Feb filers...... Just a little up date, I finally got my DS-261 review on the phone. I pray that the IV fee and DS-260 become available soon for payment and filing. Have a bless and provocative day/week.

Timeline

Hi, first time I encounter this post. I filed i1-30 in February, received AO1 FEB13. I barely sent my package to NVC SEP 14, they received it the 15. Didn't send police certificate till yesterday, but good news is they will receive it later today SEP 24 at around 10:00am. I didn't send a translation for it.. Thought that would have taken two extra days to get one, so I just sent it without it, Ima take my chances and wish on luck that they have someone who reads freaggin Spanish! Besides, the country being applied from is Mexico! I did send translations for birth certificate and wedding certificate. I wish all of you the best of luck with everything. My timeline is updated for everyone's sake. I just wish I had know about this thread along time ago.

Edited by jrgequisetum

Timeline

Hi, first time I encounter this post. I filed i1-30 in February, received AO1 FEB13. I barely sent my package to NVC SEP 14, they received it the 15. Didn't send police certificate till yesterday, but good news is they will receive it later today SEP 24 at around 10:00am. I didn't send a translation for it.. Thought that would have taken two extra days to get one, so I just sent it without it, Ima take my chances and wish on luck that they have someone who reads freaggin Spanish! Besides, the country being applied from is Mexico! I did send translations for birth certificate and wedding certificate. I wish all of you the best of luck with everything. My timeline is updated for everyone's sake. I just wish I had know about this thread along time ago.

Original and photocopy of petitioners long form birth certificate (not an abstract) and applicants birth certificate. Applicants with non-English or non-Spanish birth certificates must submit a notarized translation with the original and a photocopy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Today makes it 22 days since my document scanned date at NVC. Still waiting for my CC. Are any more February filers waiting for their CC and it has been more than 22 days?

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.