scarlettsweb13

Foreign Fiance Employment

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Everyone, I am brand new here; but I have been reading the information and searching the posts for a while. My fiance and I just got engaged when I went over to India in December. He printed, signed, and sent me his part of the paper work for the K1 visa. I have a few questions.

1.) I am the U.S. petitioner. My fiance is self employed. He does transactions between garment warehouses and clothing stores. However, his employment is not really provable to the government (no taxes etc.). He sent me two copies of the G-325A: one that lists him as being a self-employed garment distributor and one that says unemployed. He told me to choose which one is probably best. On the one that he put self-employed, he (unknowingly) filled up the whole column where it says to put employer address with his own home address (every box in that column is filled with only one address stretched out over the columns). Since his self-employment is not provable to the government, should I just submit the form that says he's unemployed? What can he say if the interviewer asks him why he's never worked and how he supports himself? He does still live with his family as well (cultural practice). Please help!

2.) The expiration dates on the G 325A forms say 02/28/2015. I will not be able to send out the forms until maybe Monday. Will they make me redo everything if they are looking at those forms and it's past 02/28? That is the form they currently have on the USCIS website.

3.) What kind and how much information should I include to prove our relationship? Am I sending information to prove the relationship, prove we met in person, or both? Also, my fiance took pictures of us on his phone. Do the pictures have to be time-stamped? Right now the only real proof I have that we met in person is my flight ticket, receipt for the engagement ring he purchased etc. The pictures we have are not date/time stamped.

Thank you all so much for the help! I will truly appreciate any and all answers/advice.

Edited by scarlettsweb13

First thing the employement from beneficiary doesnt metrer, ge can be unemolyer and it doesnt matter.

The petitioner need be working or have a join sponsor in case that the petitioner isnt working or doesnt make enough money.

For proof you met in person send pictures , plain tickets and ring receipt.

For the pictures you write bihind the photos the date and where you were.

Example: monument xxxxx, january 12, 2015.

With the family at home january 14, 2015.

You hand write that on the back of the photos.

I have seen , that India is a very dificul consulate so provide them a lot of proofs.

Send with your petition statement from his parents and relatives saying that they aprove your relationship.

I have seen that those statements help a lot at the interview.

I tell to send with the petition those statement, because the packet that you send to uscis now will be sent to the consulate when the petition is approved.

the consulate officers study the packet before the interview and they take a dessicion before interview the beneficiary.

Maybe your fiance goes with this statement to the interview but as they didnt see on the packet, maybe they dont give to him the oportunity to show them more evidence.

So preper a good packet, India is a high fraud country for visas.

Another thing send in the petition proofs that you talk daily, or whatever, copy of your conversacion on facebooj, viber , whats app or tge way that you use to comunicate.

Read about Indian consulate.

Be sure about the statemenst from his parents saying that they approve your relationship and that they sign those statemen.

Good luck , take your time to read about Indian consulate.

Timeline

Why do they need a statement of approval from his parents and relatives? He is 33 years old and I am 25 years old. I thought the consulate was supposed to follow U.S. policies? At our ages, we don't need approval from parents or relatives to get married in the United States. What if his parents don't approve of the relationship; will the Indian consulate refuse him a visa for that reason alone? Or what if they do not know about the relationship; will he be denied because of that? I would really like as much clarification as possible so if anyone has answers to any of these questions, please let me know. We are two adults that met in India (through friends) almost 6 years ago and we have proof of a romantic relationship for at least the past 4 years. Do we also need his parents/relatives to approve our relationship in order for him to get a visa? Please be honest. Thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

We didn't have a statement from his parents and our NOA2 was approved without RFE. This is the first time I am hearing about such a statement being necessary. I have spoken to other couples who recently had interviews at the Mumbai consulate and no one mentioned such a statement.

That being said, for mixed race couples they do ask if the Indian side of the family is ok with your relationship and marriage.

It would be nice if you have photos with his family, we did. Feel free to message me directly for more details about the process, we are currently getting ready to have the interview.

K-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate: Mumbai, India

Met at University in UK: 2010

Engaged in India: 03/31/2014

I-129F Sent: 06/20/2014

NOA1: 06/25/2014

NOA2: 12/16/2014

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 12/23/2014

Case Sent to NVC: 12/23/2014

NVC Case Number Assigned: 01/05/2015

Case Sent to Consulate: 01/08/2015

Case "Ready" at Consulate: 01/09/2015

Applied for PCC: 01/20/2015

PCC in hand: 02/23/2015

Medical: 01/23/2015

Completed DS-160 and paid visa fee: 02/20/2015

Interview: 03/13/2015 APPROVED :)--> Same day went into AP

Visa "issued" on CEAC webstie: 03/16/2015

:goofy: :goofy: Visa in hand! 03/18/2015 :goofy::goofy:

POE: 06/04/2015 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

AOS Journey

06.11.2015- City Hall Wedding

06.29.2015- Mailed AOS Package

07.01.2015 - Package Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

07.02.2015- Date Received as per USCIS

07.09.2015- NOA1 for EAD/AP

07.24.2015- RFE :ranting:

08.13.2015- USCIS accepted RFE response

09.08.2015- EAD received

Waiting for the interview :clock:

12.19.2015 WE GOT THE GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!!!! No interview :)

ROC

10.25.2017 ROC packet received by VT Service Center

11.02.2017- Received NOA dated 10.26.2017

11.29.17- Completed Biometrics

I have 2 years here in this forum and i have seen couple that have been denied because the indian family didnt approve the relationship.

Many times indian consulate follow the cultural rules, like family approve and religion too.

It doesnt matter if he is adult, in indian family need approve relationship .

I tell this vecause i have red a lot of story about ibdians couple.

Last story i have red here, it was a coupke ge was denied because his family didnt know about the relationship.

No all the time it is the same rules, bt i have seen a lot of that here.

Why do they need a statement of approval from his parents and relatives? He is 33 years old and I am 25 years old. I thought the consulate was supposed to follow U.S. policies? At our ages, we don't need approval from parents or relatives to get married in the United States. What if his parents don't approve of the relationship; will the Indian consulate refuse him a visa for that reason alone? Or what if they do not know about the relationship; will he be denied because of that? I would really like as much clarification as possible so if anyone has answers to any of these questions, please let me know. We are two adults that met in India (through friends) almost 6 years ago and we have proof of a romantic relationship for at least the past 4 years. Do we also need his parents/relatives to approve our relationship in order for him to get a visa? Please be honest. Thank you!

I have seen many couple approve by uscis and denied at the interview.

I am no saying that uscis isnt going to approve the petition without statement, i am advaising about preper a good packet for the embassy, because the packet that you send with petition is the same packet that will be sent to the consulate.

We didn't have a statement from his parents and our NOA2 was approved without RFE. This is the first time I am hearing about such a statement being necessary. I have spoken to other couples who recently had interviews at the Mumbai consulate and no one mentioned such a statement.

That being said, for mixed race couples they do ask if the Indian side of the family is ok with your relationship and marriage.

It would be nice if you have photos with his family, we did. Feel free to message me directly for more details about the process, we are currently getting ready to have the interview.

Now i am on my phone and i cant paste the post where someone was denied because his family dont approve the relationship and he was an adult.

Read about indian consulate, there are a lot of story here.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

So do you suggest to bring this statement to the interview? Does it have to be signed by both parents? What if he lives with mom and stepfather but his biodad is still in the picture, does he need a statement from all three or just the mom and biodad?

K-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate: Mumbai, India

Met at University in UK: 2010

Engaged in India: 03/31/2014

I-129F Sent: 06/20/2014

NOA1: 06/25/2014

NOA2: 12/16/2014

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 12/23/2014

Case Sent to NVC: 12/23/2014

NVC Case Number Assigned: 01/05/2015

Case Sent to Consulate: 01/08/2015

Case "Ready" at Consulate: 01/09/2015

Applied for PCC: 01/20/2015

PCC in hand: 02/23/2015

Medical: 01/23/2015

Completed DS-160 and paid visa fee: 02/20/2015

Interview: 03/13/2015 APPROVED :)--> Same day went into AP

Visa "issued" on CEAC webstie: 03/16/2015

:goofy: :goofy: Visa in hand! 03/18/2015 :goofy::goofy:

POE: 06/04/2015 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

AOS Journey

06.11.2015- City Hall Wedding

06.29.2015- Mailed AOS Package

07.01.2015 - Package Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

07.02.2015- Date Received as per USCIS

07.09.2015- NOA1 for EAD/AP

07.24.2015- RFE :ranting:

08.13.2015- USCIS accepted RFE response

09.08.2015- EAD received

12.19.2015 WE GOT THE GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!!!! No interview :)

ROC

10.25.2017 ROC packet received by VT Service Center

11.02.2017- Received NOA dated 10.26.2017

11.29.17- Completed Biometrics

I suggest take the statement to the interview, but sometimes they dont give the oportunity to show them the proofs, for that i suggest to the person who start this post send the statement with the petition , because when you send all that with the petition that arrive to the consulate and they study the packet before you go to the interview, many times they take the dessicion before interview the beneficiary.

So do you suggest to bring this statement to the interview? Does it have to be signed by both parents? What if he lives with mom and stepfather but his biodad is still in the picture, does he need a statement from all three or just the mom and biodad?

I dont want worry anybody, i just suggested to the person that preper a good packet to send to uscis and that way the embassy will get a good packet.

I have here 2 years reading a lot of story.

I am from the carebean in America, i had my interview on march 014 but i am in administrative orocessing by 10 months now, all this time i have seen all kin of story.

And about India i have red many story denied for nothing at the interview, i have seen that they denied by religions deferences, by ages diference, family issues etc.

I am on my phone now, and i cantcopy and paste the link about the cases that i am talking about, but you can read or seach on google about indian consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

OP, atop every VJ page are links for "Embassy Info" and "Reviews: Embassy." Read all reviews for the Indian consulates, starting with the most recent, and pay attention to the WORST stories. In addition, read relevant threads in the "India" regional forum.

I agree strongly that "front-loading" your petition package with extra evidence of a bona fide relationship might help considerably during the consular phase.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Okay, now I'm stressed... My fiance and I met through friends when I went to India in the summer of 2009. We did not become close friends until we added each other on Facebook in 2011 and it developed into a relationship. I was not able to go back to India until December 2014. My fiance proposed to me with a ring on New Year's Eve when we were alone. We did not have any other engagement ceremony. My family knows about and approves our relationship/engagement. However, his family does not know because they are of the traditional mindset and are adamant about their son marrying a girl chosen by them. They have brought many high status proposals. Also, they would not approve because I was raised in the U.S. and they have a bad impression of girls that grew up in the U.S. My fiance feels it will be better to come here and then inform them because if he tells them about me right now and they don't approve (which they won't because it is a love relationship), they can prevent him from coming here. I am worried because I have read that the Indian consulate puts a lot of emphasis on family approval and may even deny the visa due to lack of evidence regarding approval of the family. I have also read that a parent approval letter should be included in the petition. The only photos my fiance and I have are only the two of us. What would be the best way to handle that situation? Additional information: My fiance and I are of the same race and religion and speak the same language.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Duplicate thread removed. Do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

You could have at least merged the threads. I had a couple of questions in the other post that were not referenced here which I would really like an answer to. I thought this site was supposed to be helpful.

Soory, my intention wasnt worry you about indian consulate, my intention was try to help that you send a good petition packet.

As i told you before i have 2 years in this forum and i heve seenva lot of couples denied because the family dont approved the relationship.

I saw a case where they were married, but the family doesnt know nothing, the man was denied.

I remember that the beneficiary said that they didnt tell to tge famiky about mariage because something like he couldnt get marry before his sister ( i didnt understan , it is someting in India) i remember that he explained he that he couldnt get marry fisrt that his sister and for that reson they got marry alone, they were aporoved by uscis, but they were denied at tge interview because the parents and families didnt know about the marriage.

I think it is a stupid rules, because if 2 adults persons want to be together they have the right, but indian consulate take in count the culturals rules too.

So i advise you think very well, and try that your fiance talk to his parents, because maybe at the interview stage he can be denied when they ask him about if his family know about his relationship.

You can send the petition uscis will approved it, uscis dont care about cultural rules.

But at the interview get preper to deal with the cultural rules.

For that on my first advise i told you about send parents statements, because indian consulate care a lot about family opinion.

If your fiance cant convince his parents about his relationship with you, then he can leaves India and go to live to another country legally and apply in that coubtry for tge visa.

If he apply in other country i am sure that the new consulate wont care about indian cultural rules.

But if he applies in Indian get preper to pass a bad times with the family issue,

Maybe they dont care about his family opinion who knows, but before start this process read and read and read to be very very preper and dont waste time and money and get very sad at the end.

Good luck

Okay, now I'm stressed... My fiance and I met through friends when I went to India in the summer of 2009. We did not become close friends until we added each other on Facebook in 2011 and it developed into a relationship. I was not able to go back to India until December 2014. My fiance proposed to me with a ring on New Year's Eve when we were alone. We did not have any other engagement ceremony. My family knows about and approves our relationship/engagement. However, his family does not know because they are of the traditional mindset and are adamant about their son marrying a girl chosen by them. They have brought many high status proposals. Also, they would not approve because I was raised in the U.S. and they have a bad impression of girls that grew up in the U.S. My fiance feels it will be better to come here and then inform them because if he tells them about me right now and they don't approve (which they won't because it is a love relationship), they can prevent him from coming here. I am worried because I have read that the Indian consulate puts a lot of emphasis on family approval and may even deny the visa due to lack of evidence regarding approval of the family. I have also read that a parent approval letter should be included in the petition. The only photos my fiance and I have are only the two of us. What would be the best way to handle that situation? Additional information: My fiance and I are of the same race and religion and speak the same language.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.