Saylin

NVC Filers - February 2015

1,146 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Checklist scan date of December 2, here. Called NVC today, was told my case hasn't been reviewed yet due to the weather closures and to call back on Friday :(

I just passed the one year mark and am losing all hope...

11/08/2013 - Married in Virginia

USCIS (VSC):

01/17/2014 - I-130 sent

01/21/2014 - I-130 NOA1 received

05/31/2014 - I-130 NOA2 received (128 days since NOA1)

NVC:

06/07/2014 - NVC received

06/27/2014 - Case number assigned

07/16/2014 - DS-261 completed

07/19/2014 - AOS fee paid

07/23/2014 - AOS documents mailed

07/28/2014 - AOS documents scanned

09/10/2014 - IV documents mailed (with AOS cover)

09/15/2014 - IV fee paid

09/15/2014 - IV documents scanned

09/18/2014 - DS-260 completed

09/19/2014 - False checklist received for DS-260

11/06/2014 - Checklist received for Military Records

11/25/2014 - Military Records mailed

12/02/2014 - Military Records scanned

02/06/2015 - CASE COMPLETE! (8 months at NVC)

Montreal Consulate:

02/13/2015 - P4 Letter Received

03/17/2015 - Medical Completed (Toronto)

03/30/2015 - Interview Completed -- APPROVED (431 days since NOA1)

04/01/2015 - Passport Shipped

04/07/2015 - Passport Received

04/07/2015 - USCIS Immigrant Fee Paid

04/11/2015 - POE (Toronto - Pearson)

After POE:

04/23/2015 - Social Security Card Received

05/23/2015 - Green Card Received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

You only need to submit W2s with tax transcripts if you filed jointly and need to show just YOUR income. Otherwise, tax transcripts on their own are sufficient (and preferred over the entire tax return package).

Hi Saylin,

I'm not self employed. I did not mark self-emplyoyed in form I-864.

I only submitted IRS tax transcripts to NVC. I didn't submit any schedules even though I have filed Schedule E with my tax return.

Is that OK or will I get a checklist from NVC for that ?

In the instructions for I-864 (page 6), it says to submit schedules only if we are self-employed.

Thanks

Edited by bk2014

Hi Saylin,

I only submitted IRS tax transcripts to NVC. I didn't submit any schedules even though I have filed Schedule E with my tax return.

In the instructions for I-864 (page 6), it says to submit schedules only if we are self-employed.

Thanks

If you're not self-employed and you didn't file jointly, then tax transcripts are sufficient.

Not sure what a Schedule E, but does it not show that information on the tax transcript?

Hi Saylin,

Thanks

Schedule E is used to report income and expenses arising from the rental of real property, royalties, or from pass-through entities (like trusts, estates, partnerships, or S corporations).

The total from the schedule shows up on page 1 (line 17) so if you sent the transcripts they can see this income there. You followed the directions so I can't see how that would generate a checklist.

Did you use this income as part of your current annual income?

USCIS

10-24-14 : I-130 sent from South Africa to Chicago Lockbox

11-03-14 : NOA1, Case Transferred to California Service Center

11-24-14 : NOA2

NVC

12-12-14 : Case received by NVC

01-15-15 : Case # Assigned

01-15-15: DS-261 completed

01-20-15: AOS fee invoiced & paid

01-21-15: Mailed AOS & IV Packages

01-22-15: ORIGINAL SCAN DATE- both packages

01-23-15: Sent corrected AOS - caught my own mistake

02-11-15: IV bill invoiced & paid

02-14-15: DS-260 completed

04-01-15: Case Complete

04-16-15: P4 e-mail

05-14-15: Interview Date

05-25--15 : POE, time to MOVE!!!!

Removal of Conditions

04-07-2016: Form I-751 arrived at California Service Center

Timeline

If you're not self-employed and you didn't file jointly, then tax transcripts are sufficient.

Not sure what a Schedule E, but does it not show that information on the tax transcript?

I didn't file jointly. I'm not self employed.

Schedule D is captial gains/loss and Schedule E is for income from rental investments....

In fact I filed both Schedule D and Schedule E with my tax returns...

Those numbers do show up in my IRS tax transcript that I submitted to NVC...

Edited by bk2014

I didn't file jointly. I'm not self employed.

Schedule D is captial gains/loss and Schedule E is for income from rental investments....

In fact I filed both Schedule D and Schedule E with my tax returns...

Those numbers do show up in my IRS tax transcript that I submitted to NVC...

If they show up on your tax transcripts, then you're fine.

Timeline

Schedule E is used to report income and expenses arising from the rental of real property, royalties, or from pass-through entities (like trusts, estates, partnerships, or S corporations).

The total from the schedule shows up on page 1 (line 17) so if you sent the transcripts they can see this income there. You followed the directions so I can't see how that would generate a checklist.

Did you use this income as part of your current annual income?

I didn't use this income as part of my current annual income...

For current annual income, I attached letter from my employer with my annual salary listed as a proof

I didn't use this income as part of my current annual income...

For current annual income, I attached letter from my employer with my annual salary listed as a proof

Then it seems like your golden. :dancing:

USCIS

10-24-14 : I-130 sent from South Africa to Chicago Lockbox

11-03-14 : NOA1, Case Transferred to California Service Center

11-24-14 : NOA2

NVC

12-12-14 : Case received by NVC

01-15-15 : Case # Assigned

01-15-15: DS-261 completed

01-20-15: AOS fee invoiced & paid

01-21-15: Mailed AOS & IV Packages

01-22-15: ORIGINAL SCAN DATE- both packages

01-23-15: Sent corrected AOS - caught my own mistake

02-11-15: IV bill invoiced & paid

02-14-15: DS-260 completed

04-01-15: Case Complete

04-16-15: P4 e-mail

05-14-15: Interview Date

05-25--15 : POE, time to MOVE!!!!

Removal of Conditions

04-07-2016: Form I-751 arrived at California Service Center

Timeline

Hi All,

After months of waiting and a checklist at NVC, the status on ceac website changed to N/A on Saturday. It was our first anniversary and what better gift than CC at NVC :) [checklist scan date was Dec 8,2014]. I have been trying to call NVC to confirm and also get some clarity on when can I expect the interview. They seem to have a high call demand and hence, I haven't been able to get through despite calling them 20 times already. I checked the New Delhi embassy website and the first available appointment that they have is 19th February. I am hoping to get an appointment by end of this month as currently I am in US and will be going back to India on 17th of this month. Fingers crossed....hoping to get the NVC email some time this week. Thanks Saylin for always helping the VJ fellows :) you are doing a great job :)

All the best to fellow VJ'ers...We all will sail through it :)

Cheers!!

I recieved an email 10days after my scan date stating the recieved my paper work it will take 60days

Thanks for responding. Hoping to get something soon. I just want to confirm my scan date. and start the 60 day wait.

Timeline

Hi All,

After months of waiting and a checklist at NVC, the status on ceac website changed to N/A on Saturday. It was our first anniversary and what better gift than CC at NVC :) [checklist scan date was Dec 8,2014]. I have been trying to call NVC to confirm and also get some clarity on when can I expect the interview. They seem to have a high call demand and hence, I haven't been able to get through despite calling them 20 times already. I checked the New Delhi embassy website and the first available appointment that they have is 19th February. I am hoping to get an appointment by end of this month as currently I am in US and will be going back to India on 17th of this month. Fingers crossed....hoping to get the NVC email some time this week. Thanks Saylin for always helping the VJ fellows :) you are doing a great job :)

All the best to fellow VJ'ers...We all will sail through it :)

Cheers!!

Congratulations!!! For your CC and Anniversary. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.