1,729 posts in this topic

Folks,

I complete 5 months today as per my priority date on the notice and my field office processing time is 5 months, how should I create a service request as there are multiple ways (online service inquiry, calling customer service or make an infopass appointment).Are there advantages/disadvantages by doing it one method or another?

As my case hasn't moved at all and whenever I was trying to find out, I was keep getting told to wait until the processing time is over and then contact, I am expecting some movement (or not?) by creating the inquiry on the case.

Please suggest.

Edited by FSI

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Folks,

I complete 5 months today as per my priority date on the notice and my field office processing time is 5 months, how should I create a service request as there are multiple ways (online service inquiry, calling customer service or make an infopass appointment).Are there advantages/disadvantages by doing it one method or another?

As my case hasn't moved at all and whenever I was trying to find out, I was keep getting told to wait until the processing time is over and then contact, I am expecting some movement (or not?) by creating the inquiry on the case.

Please suggest.

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/Intro.do

or

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt

Thank you for the response. I tried to create inquiry but after I submitted the form, it still says the case is within normal processing time, which of course is not true. I called the USCIS customer service. They could not do anything either as they have no information available. They suggested to go to the local field office.

Thank you for the response. I tried to create inquiry but after I submitted the form, it still says the case is within normal processing time, which of course is not true. I called the USCIS customer service. They could not do anything either as they have no information available. They suggested to go to the local field office.

I really feel for you FSI. I wish there was some news for you around the corner. You said you had an info pass appointment, right?

________

K1/AOS

February, 06: Sent I-129f package
February, 13: NOA1 Receipt
March, 09: NOA2 Email.
May, 1: Medical
May, 29: Interview! - APPROVED
June, 1: Visa in Hand
July 18: POE, USA
July 27: Filed for AOS after marriage
August 24: NOA1 for EAD, AP and AOS
October 11: EAD card in hand
October 15: Case forwarded to California!
Nov, 15: Green Card Received

ROC:

August 20: ROC sent

August 24: NOA1
September 25: Biometrics!
Nov, 30: ROC Approved

I really feel for you FSI. I wish there was some news for you around the corner. You said you had an info pass appointment, right?

Hi DTLVbrit,

When I had infopass appointment last month, the IO told me that the case has switched to 2 different people and got assigned to someone who hasn't touched it for 2 months :) I just hope the guys was not on long term leave.

It is good to see things are moving for others at least :) Keeping my fingers crossed.

Anyone else going through a name change who thinks their case is longer than usual?

Also, did anyone else get the request for initial evidence notice?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Anyone else going through a name change who thinks their case is longer than usual?

Also, did anyone else get the request for initial evidence notice?

Atlanta only holds one judicial oath ceremony per month and they are one of the slowest offices in the country.

You got an RFE after the interview?

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Atlanta only holds one judicial oath ceremony per month and they are one of the slowest offices in the country.

You got an RFE after the interview?

I got an RFE on the spot at the interview which was at 5/18. They received the RFE on 6/13, so it says online. Also going through a name change.

It was a court certified disposition for a petty theft misdemeanor 3 years ago, which is my one and only record.

Jimmy Hou please advise me about this

I got a ticket for a red light for 158 dollars they send me the notice by mail and the due date is for August 25 .I didn't cross the red light when i realized that i didn't stop i was in the middle but i back up. If i didn t pay yet before my oath ceremony it will be a problem.

Advuse pleaae

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Jimmy Hou please advise me about this

I got a ticket for a red light for 158 dollars they send me the notice by mail and the due date is for August 25 .I didn't cross the red light when i realized that i didn't stop i was in the middle but i back up. If i didn t pay yet before my oath ceremony it will be a problem.

Advuse pleaae

The N-445 Oath Ceremony letter that you have to submit at the ceremony asks if since the interview you: "Have you been arrested, cited, charged... including any traffic violations?"

You will have to answer yes and you may be asked to show proof that you paid the fine or successfully had the charges dismissed.

Advice: you broke a traffic ordinance and you should pay the fine. The sooner you do it, the better, so you can have the paperwork at your ceremony.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

The N-445 Oath Ceremony letter that you have to submit at the ceremony asks if since the interview you: "Have you been arrested, cited, charged... including any traffic violations?"

You will have to answer yes and you may be asked to show proof that you paid the fine or successfully had the charges dismissed.

Advice: you broke a traffic ordinance and you should pay the fine. The sooner you do it, the better, so you can have the paperwork at your ceremony.

Hey Jimmy,

How likely is it that they will deny my case for a dismissed case in petty theft? This is also my one and only offense.

I did disclose the information in the N400 though.

Thanks in advance.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Recieved my Oath Ceremony Mail yesterday. I am schedule on the 31st of this month. It's kinda long wait, but to think that I moved out of state and they had to send it to my new state and papers didn't get lost is a relief for me :)

For everyone who applied for passport on the day of your naturalization Oath ceremony, How did you do it? What papers did you bring? Cost? How long did you wait? Thanks for the response!

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning both of my parents from Philippines)

1/14/2017 - Mailed Petition to Chicago Lockbox 

1/18/2017 - Petition Received

1/25/2017 - Received text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

1/27/2017 - Check cashed and received NOA1 in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.