1,729 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone . Got one complicated question . Im a march filer but have to post here since you guys have more experiance with an interview . I have filled my aplication on march 11 and i filed that i have no childrens with my wife or anyone . But on the april 20th i got a daugter with other girl, not my wife . And im wondering now do i have to bring birth cert of my child and do i have to mention that on my interview that i have a child with different girl while im still maried. Thank you

Note that this is not my opinion just a link I found online. Search this phrase in google it should take you to a result from NOLA. Good luck.

"

Can an Extramarital Affair Really Disqualify You From Naturalization?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

If I simply pay the citation, there will be a point in my driving record. I have no idea what to do.

Definitely make sure that you pay that last ticket before your interview. If fighting the ticket is going to take time then just pay it. Even lenient interviewers will often ask if you've paid everything and you want to be able to say yes.

Just last month someone was in a similar situation and got a deferred judgement on his/her citation... the natiralization process was held up until the citation could be finally settled.

Also, if you got your tickets in Harris County, you can get receipts online for free.

Filed: Timeline

If I simply pay the citation, there will be a point in my driving record. I have no idea what to do.

You would have to decide for yourself whether having a delayed approval is something you can contend with.

If you're sure the ticket will get thrown out, and don't mind the potential complication of a delayed N-400 approval, then, by all means.

Edited by GoingBlue

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Finally my case is moving, i received the email on may 21 st that my interview was schedule now i m waiting for the letter in the mail.

Good luck to everyone

Great!!! Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

You would have to decide for yourself whether having a delayed approval is something you can contend with.

If you're sure the ticket will get thrown out, and don't mind the potential complication of a delayed N-400 approval, then, by all means.

Thanks for the advise. I got a bill of notice of the last ticket and a letter from the lawyer which was fighting the previous ticket. The lawyer failed to contest then I need to pay that ticket too. Total amount for both tickets are $15xx.xx. But I choose to pay nevertheless I need to show IO proof of those tickets which amount are over 500 have been paid.

Money fly.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

NacerTag

I am with you :)

feeling left behind I filled on the February 4, 2015 and still there is nothing

Same here. I applied in February, had my biometrics in March. Nothing since then. My online status still says that my application was received! I wonder if I need to call them.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Same here. I applied in February, had my biometrics in March. Nothing since then. My online status still says that my application was received! I wonder if I need to call them.

I want to call them so bad too, but I saw some cases that were filled late 2014 and they did not get their interview yet, guess we can just wait and hope for the best ;)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

NacerTag

Please update or post your timeline. It will help others.

I want to call them so bad too, but I saw some cases that were filled late 2014 and they did not get their interview yet, guess we can just wait and hope for the best ;)

No need to call them as I tried it couple of times and no luck. They will read the online status to you. If you will not receive any update in 120 days (since you have done your biometrics), you can schedule the infopass appointment or create an inquiry online.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.