A & K 42

I-751 February 2015 Filers

650 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Judging by their timeline now. Maybe mid Sept to mid Oct some approved filers might be seen. I am a Nov filer and still waiting and I must add about 90% of Nov filers are still waiting. There are about 40% of October filers still waiting, so don't get your hopes up. I am sorry for being so harsh, but they are a bunch of slow motion workers in VSC. CSC is already processing March and are 5 months ahead, so sad for us VSC filers.

This is really unfair, I wish they would at least keep us updated.

This is really unfair, I wish they would at least keep us updated.

I agree, if they are so much slower than CSC they should at least make sure they process the applications in numerical order, so we have a clue when they might get to us, but they are just all over the place. I would assume they go through new employees as often as the restaurant and fast food industry goes. They hire someone train him/her and in two months the person has moved onto a new job, this is the only way I can explain why they take forever. Unless the work load is more than 10 times higher than the one in CSC, which I highly doubt.

Filed: Timeline

I agree, if they are so much slower than CSC they should at least make sure they process the applications in numerical order, so we have a clue when they might get to us, but they are just all over the place. I would assume they go through new employees as often as the restaurant and fast food industry goes. They hire someone train him/her and in two months the person has moved onto a new job, this is the only way I can explain why they take forever. Unless the work load is more than 10 times higher than the one in CSC, which I highly doubt.

The word "UNFAIR" is the correct word to use here. Why should geographical location become a thing of discrimination or disparity in this case?

I am surprised none of the large law frims have taken any representation to the authorities for this.

Although i try not to give this thing much thought, but i do not deny that this depletes our quality of life. This is just getting more and more utterly ridiculous by the day.

I do not know if rumor or not, but i have heard that they are so backlogged that they are not even doing interviews for some people doing the I 130 --> 485 application.

The word "UNFAIR" is the correct word to use here. Why should geographical location become a thing of discrimination or disparity in this case?

I am surprised none of the large law frims have taken any representation to the authorities for this.

Although i try not to give this thing much thought, but i do not deny that this depletes our quality of life. This is just getting more and more utterly ridiculous by the day.

I do not know if rumor or not, but i have heard that they are so backlogged that they are not even doing interviews for some people doing the I 130 --> 485 application.

Oh wow can you believe it if they skip the I-130 interview, this will be unheard of LOL

Also no law firm can do anything, thanks to the fact that government agency cannot be audited by anybody else but the government itself. Do you remember the VA scandal??? This is government I am pretty sure it took them 3 years to confess there are problems and we are talking about their very own residents, the people that fought and put their lives on the line for USA, so for us there is nothing that can be done.

And yes it is getting ridiculous at this point. I am starting nursing school in the fall and I cannot do my clinicals without a GC, so that means they will make me drop out of nursing school and then I have to reapply and in case I get accepted again I will have to wait for a whole other year to start school oh and of course lose $5000 in the process of paying for classes for which I won't be credited. Sounds like a blast to me, NOT!

Good luck to all of us patient people

Edited by plamjordan11

Timeline

Oh wow can you believe it if they skip the I-130 interview, this will be unheard of LOL

Also no law firm can do anything, thanks to the fact that government agency cannot be audited by anybody else but the government itself. Do you remember the VA scandal??? This is government I am pretty sure it took them 3 years to confess there are problems and we are talking about their very own residents, the people that fought and put their lives on the line for USA, so for us there is nothing that can be done.

And yes it is getting ridiculous at this point. I am starting nursing school in the fall and I cannot do my clinicals without a GC, so that means they will make me drop out of nursing school and then I have to reapply and in case I get accepted again I will have to wait for a whole other year to start school oh and of course lose $5000 in the process of paying for classes for which I won't be credited. Sounds like a blast to me, NOT!

Good luck to all of us patient people

Dude you still have a green card, you wont have to drop out or anything, youre in process youre green card is valid.

Also if they are not doing interviews thats good for us less hassle, there's no way they will drop the interviews for the i-485 and do interviews for us. If that happens that's totally not cool of them.

Also when you reach your 3 years whether they approve your case or it will still be pending you can file for citizenship (N-400) so whatever happens we will be fine but its just crazy that they are not communicating with us at all.

Edited by idanbenyair

Dude you still have a green card, you wont have to drop out or anything, youre in process youre green card is valid.

Try telling that to my program coordinator. When I was doing my CNA certification and still had a valid GC they refused to permit an entry to the exam, I had to contact the state in order for them to give me a permission that was with a valid GC I can go to the exam since on their accepted list of documents was a work permit, but not a GC. This is how poorly educated people are on immigration. So, this time I tried everything including contacting the Kentucky Board of Nursing and they said it is up to the college and the facility(since I am not a Registered Nurse but a student, they cannot help), so I tried sending links to my program coordinator and explaining her as to why I should be allowed in clinicals to only get her denial. She said she will do the exception with a valid GC and allow me to do clinicals, but not with an expired GC.

So there is that:(

Timeline

Try telling that to my program coordinator. When I was doing my CNA certification and still had a valid GC they refused to permit an entry to the exam, I had to contact the state in order for them to give me a permission that was with a valid GC I can go to the exam since on their accepted list of documents was a work permit, but not a GC. This is how poorly educated people are on immigration. So, this time I tried everything including contacting the Kentucky Board of Nursing and they said it is up to the college and the facility(since I am not a Registered Nurse but a student, they cannot help), so I tried sending links to my program coordinator and explaining her as to why I should be allowed in clinicals to only get her denial. She said she will do the exception with a valid GC and allow me to do clinicals, but not with an expired GC.

So there is that:(

Dude that is weird, I got a job at Thomas Jefferson Hospital in philadelphia when my green card was about to expire they didnt even asked me one question about it. And I just started a new job somewhere else in a financial company again they didnt ask me a single thing about it.

Dude that is weird, I got a job at Thomas Jefferson Hospital in philadelphia when my green card was about to expire they didnt even asked me one question about it. And I just started a new job somewhere else in a financial company again they didnt ask me a single thing about it.

I know, they are being ridiculous in their demands, have in mind they allow me to pay for the classes, allow me to go to class and do all exams, but won't allow me to do the clinical part, saying I need to present a document that matches the requirements from the facility. Soooo, if you are taking my money give me the credit for paying and accomplishing the class. I also live in KY, so I guess the smaller the town the smaller the opportunities. In my class of 90 people I am the only foreigner, so imagine how non diverse KY is. I must also say I work part-time in a restaurant and I am the only foreigner there as well and we have about 80 employees and we go through at least 1 new employee every week. As compared to when I lived in NYC area, there wasn't a single kitchen person that was American, not even the kitchen manager. I am hoping since my clinicals start in mid October and we filed in November I should hear something back, but based on some cases that I see on here, they might take their sweet time and not process me until mid November, which will be a bummer.

Timeline

I know, they are being ridiculous in their demands, have in mind they allow me to pay for the classes, allow me to go to class and do all exams, but won't allow me to do the clinical part, saying I need to present a document that matches the requirements from the facility. Soooo, if you are taking my money give me the credit for paying and accomplishing the class. I also live in KY, so I guess the smaller the town the smaller the opportunities. In my class of 90 people I am the only foreigner, so imagine how non diverse KY is. I must also say I work part-time in a restaurant and I am the only foreigner there as well and we have about 80 employees and we go through at least 1 new employee every week. As compared to when I lived in NYC area, there wasn't a single kitchen person that was American, not even the kitchen manager. I am hoping since my clinicals start in mid October and we filed in November I should hear something back, but based on some cases that I see on here, they might take their sweet time and not process me until mid November, which will be a bummer.

Well I will complete my 3 years in March 2016 which means I can apply for citizenship in Dec 2015.. I advise you do the same, they will be forced to make a decision on your case if you do so. Sorry to hear about your school situation :(

Well I will complete my 3 years in March 2016 which means I can apply for citizenship in Dec 2015.. I advise you do the same, they will be forced to make a decision on your case if you do so. Sorry to hear about your school situation :(

Thank you, we are intending on doing exactly that. I am eligible on Oct 29th and will make sure we sent my package on Oct 28th with next day delivery LOL. Experience teaches us best LOL

Timeline

Thank you, we are intending on doing exactly that. I am eligible on Oct 29th and will make sure we sent my package on Oct 28th with next day delivery LOL. Experience teaches us best LOL

Exactly! Do we need to send the exact same package we sent for i-751 when filing for N-400?

Exactly! Do we need to send the exact same package we sent for i-751 when filing for N-400?

Yes, I will make sure it is exactly the same and since it will a year more of paperwork to the I-751 package I will have my husband drop it off at UPS/FedEx and I will be hoping the person receiving it at the gate has some muscles since based on the two bins of paperwork I have managed to collect they might want to return it to sender LOL. Our I-751 package was at least 4 inches thick. I copied everything at home and I remember I went through at least 4 cartridges of black paper ink my husband still thinks it is absolutely unnecessary to send them anything more than the first and last statement of each account and some pictures. I disagree, the more the merrier LOL. Hopefully they rush through the rest of Oct and Nov and do half of Dec in July, so this way Feb filers might see something in Sept, but I am still shocked they haven't transferred a single case out to CSC.

Timeline

Yes, I will make sure it is exactly the same and since it will a year more of paperwork to the I-751 package I will have my husband drop it off at UPS/FedEx and I will be hoping the person receiving it at the gate has some muscles since based on the two bins of paperwork I have managed to collect they might want to return it to sender LOL. Our I-751 package was at least 4 inches thick. I copied everything at home and I remember I went through at least 4 cartridges of black paper ink my husband still thinks it is absolutely unnecessary to send them anything more than the first and last statement of each account and some pictures. I disagree, the more the merrier LOL. Hopefully they rush through the rest of Oct and Nov and do half of Dec in July, so this way Feb filers might see something in Sept, but I am still shocked they haven't transferred a single case out to CSC.

Yea our stuff was very thick as well and I agree with you, I sent them 24 bank statements for each month of the past 2 years, I sent them pictures, apartment lease, joint tax return, phone bills and holiday cards and affidavits of 10 friends and family members. I'll send the same stuff again.

Filed: Timeline

I am a January filer, and my optimistic estimate is to see some movement for Jan folks in October.

Timeline

I am a January filer, and my optimistic estimate is to see some movement for Jan folks in October.

Thats not very optimistic lol.. Just kidding, but probably mid September we will get an answer I think (At least I hope so)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.