Maricel and Tim

Should I get an NBI Clearance in my married name when I am now annulled?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi i just want to clarify this "Clearances should be in the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name, married name, and any aliases or nicknames ever used, including different spellings of all names ever used." My marriage is annulled now and I am confuse about the NBI Clearance that I should bring to my interview for K1 visa. I have my NBI Clearance in my maiden name, should I get another NBI Clearance in my married name too? Thanks for your help.

Any names ever used.

So, I'd go with yeah.

My wife had to go get another nbi after getting a 221g because we gave them an nbi with her maiden name(abc), and her married name(acd), but they wanted one with her FULL name(abcd). Each CO can be different, but you would at least want to be ready if they ask. And it's a safe bet they will want one with your former married name.

Based on our experience and my .02. Cheers. :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to Phil. Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is country-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi i just want to clarify this "Clearances should be in the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name, married name, and any aliases or nicknames ever used, including different spellings of all names ever used." My marriage is annulled now and I am confuse about the NBI Clearance that I should bring to my interview for K1 visa. I have my NBI Clearance in my maiden name, should I get another NBI Clearance in my married name too? Thanks for your help.

AKA in any name ever used by YOU.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

What do you mean full name? Like maiden and married name together? Thank you for your response

I think by full name they may mean that they omitted their middle name first time round?

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Just to elaborate on bendinlar's Full Name example:

Unmarried name: Corazon Sumulong Cojuangco (First Middle Last, and in the traditional Filipino, middle is the maiden name of your mother) ("abc")

Married name: Corazon Cojuangco Aquino ("acd") (again, traditional, maiden becomes middle name after marriage)

Full name: Corazon Sumulong Cojuangco Aquino. ("abcd") (First, maiden middle, maiden, married surname)

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Update: I went to the NBI Satellite office this morning to get my NBI clearance with my married name unfortunately I have a hit. My interview will be tomorrow and I'm really nervous. Does that mean that I will get a 221g? :(

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Update: I went to the NBI Satellite office this morning to get my NBI clearance with my married name unfortunately I have a hit. My interview will be tomorrow and I'm really nervous. Does that mean that I will get a 221g? :(

No NBI for the interview? Yup you will get a 221g, it will be emailed to you, you will need to print it out and take it to NBI as they will be required to deliver the NBI to USEM.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.