Kathryn41

Coffee Crisp coming to US

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

I'd love it if Aero bars would come to the US. I love the mint ones, and orange :yes:

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I clicked on the link. I noticed that Idaho was not on the list of places that have them. Copied and pasted the request form into an email for my BF and asked him if he was game to have Coffee Crisps at Fred Meyer (most shopped at by his household).

I noticed that Utah wasn't there either (the closest state to where I will be living (crosses fingers, toes and nose hairs)). We usually have to go to Utah to get most anything that isn't run of the mill oh-din-ry.

Previous lists moved to "Story" section

I clicked on the link. I noticed that Idaho was not on the list of places that have them. Copied and pasted the request form into an email for my BF and asked him if he was game to have Coffee Crisps at Fred Meyer (most shopped at by his household).

I noticed that Utah wasn't there either (the closest state to where I will be living (crosses fingers, toes and nose hairs)). We usually have to go to Utah to get most anything that isn't run of the mill oh-din-ry.

Your BF (after you enter, your hubby) CAN drive across to BC to get these (last I checked, Idaho has a short border with BC).

Admittedly, you will have to wait till you get AP (or the 2-year GC) before you can accompany him on such a trip.

I'd love it if Aero bars would come to the US. I love the mint ones, and orange :yes:

I've seen them (Brit kind, not Canuck) in desi grocers.

2005/07/10 I-129F filed for Pras

2005/11/07 I-129F approved, forwarded to NVC--to Chennai Consulate 2005/11/14

2005/12/02 Packet-3 received from Chennai

2005/12/21 Visa Interview Date

2006/04/04 Pras' entry into US at DTW

2006/04/15 Church Wedding at Novi (Detroit suburb), MI

2006/05/01 AOS Packet (I-485/I-131/I-765) filed at Chicago

2006/08/23 AP and EAD approved. Two down, 1.5 to go

2006/10/13 Pras' I-485 interview--APPROVED!

2006/10/27 Pras' conditional GC arrives -- .5 to go (2 yrs to Conditions Removal)

2008/07/21 I-751 (conditions removal) filed

2008/08/22 I-751 biometrics completed

2009/06/18 I-751 approved

2009/07/03 10-year GC received; last 0.5 done!

2009/07/23 Pras files N-400

2009/11/16 My 46TH birthday, Pras N-400 approved

2010/03/18 Pras' swear-in

---------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as the LORD's beside me, I don't care if this road ever ends.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wish they'd open up a freaking Harvey's here. I had at one time heard rumors about it comming, but so far I haven't seen anything. Even on their corporate site they aren't advertising any US franchises.

Not only could they have Harveys, but they could also sell winegums for a desert. I think that would be a great idea.

As for the Coffee Crisp, I have eaten a few in my life I think, though I don't eat chocolate but on rare occasions, I haven't noticed if we have it in our stores here or not, though somone in Colorado posted that they have seen them. I probably wouldn't care, but my wife I'm sure would like it. Be something cool for Valentines Day to give her, if I can find a location. The website just says a Coffee Crisp was spotted at some christian cafeteria or something here, so doubt I'll get into a school or community college just to get a chocolate bar...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Hi Everyone,

Good luck on your immigration journey! Lol...I never did like coffee crisp much, but that's ok. I did like those old coffee crisp commericals on tv though. Remember the one with the two old ladies sitting down and having tea with their coffee crisps?

So tell me, when are they bringing the smarties to the USA? I like Canadian smarties. In the meantime, I guess I'll just have to stock up the next time I cross over the border (which is rarely) or ask someone from Canada to mail them over (that is if can get through customs ok). Darn it, now I have a craving for smarties...smarties...mmmm......

Oh by the way, if anyone is driving across the border and are looking for Tim Hortons, you'll find one if you drive through New York State (we have lots of those Timmy's places around here). And who knows, maybe they can be found in other States too (I have yet to see one in another State though)....

Ant

Yep - it is true - the beloved Canadian CoffeeCrisp chocolate bar will soon be available in the US! Read all about it here! (Now, if we can focus our attention on getting a Tim Horton's in Atlanta, everyone . . . .):-)!

http://www.coffeecrisp.org/

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline
Oh by the way, if anyone is driving across the border and are looking for Tim Hortons, you'll find one if you drive through New York State (we have lots of those Timmy's places around here). And who knows, maybe they can be found in other States too (I have yet to see one in another State though)....

Saw them in Providence, Rhode Island when I was there in April for Terrastock 6.

Timmy's-Shmimmy's . . . I prefer Starbuck's cold green tea or Stinker's gas station regular flavour instant capaccino from a machine. Then again, I've worked at many Timmy's so maybe that contributes to the lack of admiration for them. I used to go for the kick-a** iced cap but, again, Starbuck's cold green tea with cream is just miles and miles better to me.

I also prefer US version Smarties (what we call Rockets). Rockets are (traditionally, anyway) only available at Hallowe'en. Heh-heh-heh . . . Hallowe'en is Everyday! at the dollar store in Pocatello, Idaho.

Okay, sorry. I'll stop now.

Previous lists moved to "Story" section

Timeline

I have never been a big fan of Smarties... I prefer M&M's they are not as sweet as Smarties....

mmm, I will have to check out the Dollar Tree the next time I am there and see if they have Coffee Crisps...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I like M&M's but would love some smarties!!! No school for me this summer, so heading back to S'toon for up to a month to just chill!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

We have Coffee Crisp here.

I used to like MR BIG bars too.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Timeline
the one chocolate bar I really miss and I don't think they have in the US is the "Mr. Big" bar... I love those :thumbs:

me too Marilyn! I'm almost tempted to go to the Canadian food site and order a box of them! ;)

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Hi Knobby,

That's what the kids call "smarties" here in the USA , they call them "rockets" (and yes, even the rockets labels say smarties on them). I got a whole bunch of them to give out to the kids here for halloween while I was teaching and boy did I have to cringe every time they said that the "rockets" were "smarties". Though I have learned...whatever you do, don't argue with eight year olds about the name of a candy, as you would never win in this argument. The solution? Show those American kids what real "smarties" are (I gave a whole bunch of those "Canadian Smarties" away to the Americans here for the Holidays/Christmas. And yes, I do need to stock up for next year)....

Ant (I miss my "Canadian Smarties"!)

I also prefer US version Smarties (what we call Rockets). Rockets are (traditionally, anyway) only available at Hallowe'en. Heh-heh-heh . . . Hallowe'en is Everyday! at the dollar store in Pocatello, Idaho.

Okay, sorry. I'll stop now.

Edited by antocru

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Hi Everyone,

Ok, here in the USA....

Canadian Smarties = Canadian Smarties (there is no American equivalent)

American Smarites = Canadian Rockets

Canadian Rockets = American Smarties

Then...American Rockets = ?????????

Just a thought. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Ant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.