Henia

ME/NA Wedding dress Thread

197 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Well if any one is seeing the food network right now....they are talking about wedings discussing foods and all that. The program "ACE of Cakes" just started and these chefs are all competing to make the best wedding cake in a certain ammount of time. This is sort of like Iorn chef but instead of cooking food its all about wedding cakes! Tune of now it just started. =0)

Edited by The_dip_sticks

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Some examples of Parures (the bling):

parure%20argente_PM.jpg

parure_princesse_charifa_PM.jpg

parure%20doree_PM.jpg

parure%20bleue_PM.jpg
parure%20henne_PM.jpg
parure%20multicolore_PM.jpg

Most if not all of these dresses cost about a half month's salary for the average worker.They usually have 7 or more dresses, plus the parures, the throne the bride sits on, the caftan the bride wears then she gets her henna done with her female relatives,shoes, hair and make-up....not to mention the other wedding costs.

trone_PM_450.jpg

Bride and groom throne

amariates%20robe%20parure_Anonyme.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well, for my wedding it was just in the courthouse so I wore pants and a shirt and my coat because we didn't even expect we would have our papers done for that day! We couldn't afford a party, so we didn't have one. But! When he gets here, I can wear my wedding dresses. I already have them! With matching shoes, and there is a mantilla too for the Vera Wang dress.

dress-2.jpg

I asked him about wearing this dress and he said "sure" but I think he's already forgotten it's strapless LOL! My wedding here will be just family and a few close friends, so maybe he'll relent, we'll see :) This green silk dress is so cute in person (as in not in my closet) and I found the exact color in matching silk shoes! By chance!

weddingdress.jpg

weddingdress2.jpg

We took photos in a dress and suit, but it's not my dress!

door-1.jpg

I also have 2 antique and fancy abayas I'll probably wear then too:

red:

red2.jpg

red1.jpg

Blue:

blue1.jpg

blue2.jpg

He has a 3rd one in his family, a black one and he is trying to buy that for me, I like them because they are OLDDDDDD and also they have real gold thread hand-embroidered in the velvet.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
Well, for my wedding it was just in the courthouse so I wore pants and a shirt and my coat because we didn't even expect we would have our papers done for that day! We couldn't afford a party, so we didn't have one. But! When he gets here, I can wear my wedding dresses. I already have them! With matching shoes, and there is a mantilla too for the Vera Wang dress.

dress-2.jpg

I asked him about wearing this dress and he said "sure" but I think he's already forgotten it's strapless LOL! My wedding here will be just family and a few close friends, so maybe he'll relent, we'll see :) This green silk dress is so cute in person (as in not in my closet) and I found the exact color in matching silk shoes! By chance!

weddingdress.jpg

weddingdress2.jpg

We took photos in a dress and suit, but it's not my dress!

door-1.jpg

I also have 2 antique and fancy abayas I'll probably wear then too:

red:

red2.jpg

red1.jpg

Blue:

blue1.jpg

blue2.jpg

He has a 3rd one in his family, a black one and he is trying to buy that for me, I like them because they are OLDDDDDD and also they have real gold thread hand-embroidered in the velvet.

WOw those are beautiful. I have a whole collection of traditional Algerien abayas, caftans and takchitas my husband gave me over the years. I feel very regal and important wearing them. Of course, I donnot wear them here, people would laugh... but in Algerie when I got new ones, I wore them when guests came over. Quite the chic thing to do :thumbs: Sorry I guess I got a little girly girl in me after all! :blush:

Timeline

Ok I have thousand more I could post, but I won't torture anyone anymore :blush::devil:

But am curious for those who got married in MENA, did anyone have an annoying negafa?

Edited by Henia

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Ok I have thousand more I could post, but I won't torture anyone anymore :blush::devil:

But am curious for those who got married in MENA, did anyone have an annoying negafa?

i enjoy seeing them, keep posting.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

i enjoy seeing them, keep posting.

Awwwww thanks :blush:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Henia-- it's not annoying! I love dresses!

WOw those are beautiful. I have a whole collection of traditional Algerien abayas, caftans and takchitas my husband gave me over the years. I feel very regal and important wearing them. Of course, I donnot wear them here, people would laugh... but in Algerie when I got new ones, I wore them when guests came over. Quite the chic thing to do Sorry I guess I got a little girly girl in me after all!

LOL! I have a lot of surprising girly girl in me. Most people are surprised by the opposite-- that I love (and pick up) bugs and dirt, work with dead people, etc. My husband laughed at how clean and girly I was after he saw me for our first date-- because we were working together on the same excavation, and I was always head first into the tombs and totally non-phased by the dirt and remains. Somehow he is like magic, and never gets dirty or smelly on excavations. *jealous.*

Anyway, thanks! I am hoping I will get a good opportunity to wear these. I wear my regular abays from him out in public but not these! I wore them out in Jordan, evento the most inappropriate places (like buying schwarma from a street vendor LOL) just because I knew I wouldn't be wearing them here!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
Henia-- it's not annoying! I love dresses!
WOw those are beautiful. I have a whole collection of traditional Algerien abayas, caftans and takchitas my husband gave me over the years. I feel very regal and important wearing them. Of course, I donnot wear them here, people would laugh... but in Algerie when I got new ones, I wore them when guests came over. Quite the chic thing to do Sorry I guess I got a little girly girl in me after all!

LOL! I have a lot of surprising girly girl in me. Most people are surprised by the opposite-- that I love (and pick up) bugs and dirt, work with dead people, etc. My husband laughed at how clean and girly I was after he saw me for our first date-- because we were working together on the same excavation, and I was always head first into the tombs and totally non-phased by the dirt and remains. Somehow he is like magic, and never gets dirty or smelly on excavations. *jealous.*

Anyway, thanks! I am hoping I will get a good opportunity to wear these. I wear my regular abays from him out in public but not these! I wore them out in Jordan, evento the most inappropriate places (like buying schwarma from a street vendor LOL) just because I knew I wouldn't be wearing them here!

:thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.