bmeghan

London Medical- Drug Testing

38 posts in this topic

I don't understand reading that people got banned when they said yes when asked if they EVER used. I mean, if someone smoked pot 20 years ago they would have to technically say yes. This is really confusing me bc I feel like almost everyone has tried one thing or another at some point in their lives. Teenagers experiment, that's life!

That's life? Teenagers experiment? Not when I was a teenager. Pretty sure there's an amazing group of teenagers around the world that manage to also never do drugs or get themselves into trouble. Just because some do, doesn't mean everyone does.

When it comes to being truthful on this medical, the US government doesn't give you a waiver for past mistakes, no matter how long ago they were. Is it fair? Probably not, but that's the way it goes.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

That's life? Teenagers experiment? Not when I was a teenager. Pretty sure there's an amazing group of teenagers around the world that manage to also never do drugs or get themselves into trouble. Just because some do, doesn't mean everyone does.

Amen to that. I'm so old that I am part of the original hippie generation. Bell bottoms and beads. Peace. Love. Woodstock. We actually tied and dyed our clothes because you couldn't buy them that way. There's a slogan in Austin, TX "Keep Austin Weird". I lived there when it turned weird. Rolling Stones concert indoors where the marijuana smoke was so thick you could barely see the band. Nich-Nick Hippie Chick :rofl: hahaha

Yet somehow I chose never to participate in the drug culture because I was afraid of the law and my parents. I'm positive my children were equally scared of me as were their friends. Not everybody experiments, but if I had, I certainly wouldn't have told Knightsbridge about it.

I don't know if it is routine testing, but I was asked weird questions which I didn't see as routine...

Not sure what they asked you but others who have posted said the doctor tried to get an admission by saying things like "not even once just to try it?" as if it was no big deal. Then if they said "yes, one time" BAM...drug test. However, following a clean drug screening, some have received visas with no delay. It just depends on the circumstances, how recent, how often, if on police record, etc.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Yet somehow I chose never to participate in the drug culture because I was afraid of the law and my parents. I'm positive my children were equally scared of me as were their friends. Not everybody experiments, but if I had, I certainly wouldn't have told Knightsbridge about it.

I feel that this is the crucial point. Many people DID experiment when the were younger, BUT, if you only experimented and haven't gone near recreational drugs for years, and there is no record (Police Report or any medical reports) then how can anyone know officially?

I'm not in anyway condoning or condemning what Nich-Nick suggested above, but read between the lines. As with the Police Report, if it says "No Trace" then whatever misdemeanours you may have been involved with in the past, if there is no record of it then officially you are clean. If you've been using recreational drugs recently and/ or have a Police Report for drugs then that is a whole different (and potentially much more serious) matter with a visa application. If you fail to disclose drug usage, and then test positive or have a record, you can expect big problems and potential visa denials.

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Interview - 11/03/2022 (Passed!)

Oath Ceremony - 11/08/2022

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I feel that this is the crucial point. Many people DID experiment when the were younger, BUT, if you only experimented and haven't gone near recreational drugs for years, and there is no record (Police Report or any medical reports) then how can anyone know officially?

I'm not in anyway condoning or condemning what Nich-Nick suggested above, but read between the lines. As with the Police Report, if it says "No Trace" then whatever misdemeanours you may have been involved with in the past, if there is no record of it then officially you are clean. If you've been using recreational drugs recently and/ or have a Police Report for drugs then that is a whole different (and potentially much more serious) matter with a visa application. If you fail to disclose drug usage, and then test positive or have a record, you can expect big problems and potential visa denials.

Your premise is wrong, they ask for convictions etc nowhere is anybody asked just to declare what is on your police report.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

No, I was not suggesting anything. Just telling a personal anecdote. And relaying the info that some others have gotten a visa with marijuana use on their medical record depending on the circumstance.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Your premise is wrong, they ask for convictions etc nowhere is anybody asked just to declare what is on your police report.

You misunderstand the point I was making in relation to the London Medical. If you have never had any drug convictions (or anything else drug related that can be recorded by the Police), AND your Police Report states "No Trace", then there is nothing in your official history that can go against you for visa purposes. Obviously if you HAVE previously been convicted/ cautioned/ reprimanded etc. and it had been recorded, then that would likely show up as "No Live Trace" and you would need to declare that.

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Timeline

I remember being asked about alcohol consumption, pretty sure they did not qualify it to anything that appeared on a Police Report.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Out of curiosity, if it only concerns marijuana use, aren't there a lot of States where they are legalising marijuana? Or is it only MEDICAL marijuana that is being made legal?

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Timeline

Out of curiosity, if it only concerns marijuana use, aren't there a lot of States where they are legalising marijuana? Or is it only MEDICAL marijuana that is being made legal?

Hell no!

Not a smoker myself but I did go along for the first day last year. Before that it had been Medical but big business, actually CNN has a programme about it relatively near to me, new episode tonight.

Now I am told that the legal price is twice what you local dealer will charge you, but certainly in the ski towns for most of their customers no biggie.

Federal law over state law. It might be legal in say, the state of Colorado. But when you are in the domain of federal law (immigration) that's all they are concerned about.

But I think some states it's all legal not just for medical purpose?

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Thanks for the clarification! Interesting to know that, and I am all too aware of Federal Law vs State Law, certainly from the view of same sex marriages. It's actually the reverse for same sex marriage, because Federally (and for immigration) it is fully recognised, though there are still some states who do not recognise it. You can however immigrate and marry your same sex partner in a state that recognises same sex marriages, and then perfectly legally live together in a state that (currently) does NOT recognise same sex marriages (though for State purposes, your marriage/ partnership isn't recognised). Bizarre. However, full countrywide recognition may barely be a month away depending on the imminent Supreme Court ruling in June.

I guess the other issue is that though marijuana may be legal in some States, it's still illegal here in the UK. Thus if you use/ have used it in the UK then you are committing/ have committed an offence on UK soil, which doesn't look good for visa purposes?

N400 Naturalization

Applied - 07/21/2022

NOA - 07/21/2022

Biometrics - Re-used

Timeline

It is illegal at the Federal level.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When it comes to being truthful on this medical, the US government doesn't give you a waiver for past mistakes, no matter how long ago they were. Is it fair? Probably not, but that's the way it goes.

No need for anyone to get their panties in a bunch haha. I'll restate that and say ALMOST everyone (never said everyone) besides the group of amazing teenagers who have never done drugs or gotten into trouble. I don't really think it's fair to place judgement as if the ones who have are "bad seeds" but I can say that everyone I know, of all ages and backgrounds, friends, family, even teachers, doctors, nurses, cops, (among many other respectable jobs) have atleast smoked pot. The most intellegent people I have come across have popped adderall to stay up to study for tests. Is it right? No. But I don't think someone is considered not "amazing" if they have done something once in their life. I guess I have just surrounded myself with all the wrong people tho. I understand the legal side of it all, however if someone currently isn't using, has no criminal history and can pass a drug test shouldnt get dismissed if they admit that they EVER did something. Although saying this will probably piss people off, I don't see why trying something like marijuana as a teenager places a stigma on them in some eyes, yet drinking alcohol, something that makes people do TERRIBLE things that I've never seen a little pot do to someone is ok bc it's legal. And as far as the places it is legal, are the people who use it there doing something wrong in your eyes? Everyone will have their own opinions. I'm gonna stay confident that it wouldn't affect things for most people as long as they are honest and aren't currently using when it comes to immigration. In fact my gf works at an upscal restaurant owned by an entire family of immigrants who left Thailand bc of the crystal meth epidemic over there that's pushed upon everyone by employers to get them to be awake and work longer hours, wanting to get themselves away from it after being talked into it themselves at times. The idea of "ever" just seems a little ridiculous to me. I guess this is a very confrontational issue, and I would like to not feel judged for what I believe, have done 20 years ago, or for the people I know so I will keep my mouth shut now.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

And as far as states that allow it for medical purposes, your issue can be as small as something like anxiety or chronic headaches. In California you can get it for almost anything. Are they never allowed to immigrate anywhere?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.