KylaJose

Any idea how to make the process faster? 6 months pregnant

59 posts in this topic

Their Senators office got them an expedite without any valid reason?

Would be a first

They had no reason to be ''pushed thru'' but they were able to get their NOA2 in 81 days. You can go and check their timeline.

Congratulations!

Your fiancè can visit you with a B2 visa and come back to DR for the medical exam and interview of course.

But this is a long shot, though it is possible based on my experience.

Otherwise there is nothing you can do to expedite it unfortunately.

Safe delivery and congrats again.

Blooms

Now this is what I'm talking about. Great feedback. Informative yet honest..Kudos:-)

They had no reason to be ''pushed thru'' but they were able to get their NOA2 in 81 days. You can go and check their timeline.

Emcia, it seems like we have quite a few negative people on this post. Lets ignore them and keep the positive energy flowing.

Excuse me? How is being honest being an ###?

I wasn't being rude or negative I was being completely fair and honest and even wished her the best.

Don't judge so quickly through text just because I didn't wrap it in hearts and flowers.

Your excused:-)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would be glad that you are not at VSC, as me and my wife (K-1) were there 6-20-12 thru 12-31-12, and then NVC, and on to Manila.

186 days, maybe TSC will be a little quicker, or maybe they will transfer some cases to CSC, like was done a few months ago, and "I think" most all have already been approved, not sure.

I hope something happens for you to get your "to be" here for the big day!

Good Luck, (must have been a post removed, I missed something)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You said they were expedited due to the involvement of their Senators office.

Timelines vary, sometimes significantly.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Don't ever read things like this comment as a negative rude thing.

This is just a straight cut to the point honest answer that does not baby you.

A lot of people try to get their case expedited because of pregnancy not realizing that you being pregnant does not help one bit otherwise there would be a lot of pregnant women in here.

It's frustrating to see that happen when a lot of people have been waiting for months and months and months and just because they didn't get pregnant does not mean others should get special treatment because of it.

Get what I'm saying?

Hugely exciting time for you, but you will just have to wait like everyone else.

All the best.

It's frustrating to see that happen when a lot of people have been waiting for months and months and months and just because they didn't get pregnant does not mean others should get special treatment because of it.Get what I'm saying?

How does the above answer her question?? So far two people have given solutions that have worked for someone before so obviously it is possible, common, no, but possible. And by the way her question wasn't "How do people feel towards pregnant petioners getting their case expidited vs non pregnant petioners" so all the extra rant about her having to wait like everyone else could be true, but totally unnecessary. Give the woman a break.

Completely agree but it's like giving someone false hope.

By all means she can try it, but I don't want someone to think their process could be quicker and be let down.

This is why I don't wrap this process in bubble wrap, it's hard enough already without being given false hope.

Unless her case has something else to it, it is highly unlikely that the senator can help unless it's longer process than average.

We all want/wanted to be with our loves quicker but sometimes you just have to sit down and breathe.

Being pregnant and without your love is emotional and even harder, but it won't make a difference to the process and being able to accept it will make it easier. You can focus on all the other stuff that is yet to come instead of praying every day that your case will be faster.

In most cases the approval comes when you least expect it.

To the person who called me an ### I'd also like to add that as an adult I tend to not jump on people in a forum straight away like you.

We are all in the same boat, all trying to stay strong over the way we as legals are treated and do not need people who cannot read what is written in a logical sense battling with each other.

Im assuming this long post is you doing damage control, good. By the way, commas are your friends. And the whole " we as legals, lol" I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but for your info I'm a citizen of the United States.

It's frustrating to see that happen when a lot of people have been waiting for months and months and months and just because they didn't get pregnant does not mean others should get special treatment because of it.Get what I'm saying?

How does the above answer her question?? So far two people have given solutions that have worked for someone before so obviously it is possible, common, no, but possible. And by the way her question wasn't "How do people feel towards pregnant petioners getting their case expidited vs non pregnant petioners" so all the extra rant about her having to wait like everyone else could be true, but totally unnecessary. Give the woman a break.

If you actually read what I was saying properly you would see that I said that in response to why the person I quoted wrote what they did in the way they said it.

I was going giving her a rant about having to wait and how I feel about it.

IF there was a way for a pregnant woman to be with the father now then yay! For someone who comes from a home without a father I think they should be together asap.

No one has given her an answer, one gave an example of someone who got their approval in 87 days, which we know nothing about and could have just been an approval that the senator just found out.

The other was for another visa which is unlikely to be approved whilst the k1 is in process.

No there is no way to make the process faster.

There are options to spend some time together whilst they wait, there are options for him to visit and be there at the birth. There are no ways to speed up the process.

Im assuming this long post is you doing damage control, good. By the way, commas are your friends. And the whole " we as legals, lol" I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, but for your info I'm a citizen of the United States.

Typing on my phone, commas are just not my friend at all :)

I meant doing it the legal way, unlike those who aren't and get everything quicker right now.

Edit- and yes damage control, I can see how things sound when after written, clearing up intentions.

Edited by Cody and Daisy

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

Completely agree but it's like giving someone false hope.

By all means she can try it, but I don't want someone to think their process could be quicker and be let down.

This is why I don't wrap this process in bubble wrap, it's hard enough already without being given false hope.

Unless her case has something else to it, it is highly unlikely that the senator can help unless it's longer process than average.

We all want/wanted to be with our loves quicker but sometimes you just have to sit down and breathe.

Being pregnant and without your love is emotional and even harder, but it won't make a difference to the process and being able to accept it will make it easier. You can focus on all the other stuff that is yet to come instead of praying every day that your case will be faster.

In most cases the approval comes when you least expect it.

To the person who called me an ### I'd also like to add that as an adult I tend to not jump on people in a forum straight away like you.

We are all in the same boat, all trying to stay strong over the way we as legals are treated and do not need people who cannot read what is written in a logical sense battling with each other.

I was hopeful every day even tho I knew the normal processing times was around 6 months. I am sure that most of us felt the same way. It has nothing to do with giving someone a false hope. I never said that she will get approved quicker than others. I just answered to her question but never stated that her case will be prioritized if she get her senator/congressman involved in. Anyways, I wish her the best and pray for a happy outcome!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

This seems to come up every few weeks.

The answer does not change.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

I was hopeful every day even tho I knew the normal processing times was around 6 months. I am sure that most of us felt the same way. It has nothing to do with giving someone a false hope. I never said that she will get approved quicker than others. I just answered to her question but never stated that her case will be prioritized if she get her senator/congressman involved in. Anyways, I wish her the best and pray for a happy outcome!

I know and she wrote she didn't expect to either.

And I wish there was a way for everyone to get their approvals quicker but on a normal case there just isn't.

My Name is Daisy, I am British, I say things bluntly and to the point.
London K1, A complete guide -- >http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/474161-london-k1-a-complete-guide/
I am Daisy the Beneficiary, These are my views!
U.K. k1 visa, approved 2014.

NOA1: 20/03/2014

NOA2: 11/04/2014 (22 days)

Interview: 09/07/2014 (111 days)

D.O.E 29/07/2014

Married 29/08/2014

AOS from K1/K3 Guide -->http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1k3aos

AOS/EAD/AP Sent: 12/11/2014

Delivered at Chicago LB:15/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3): 17/11/2014

NOA1 (all 3) hardcopy: 24/11/2014(Notice date 20th)

Bio-metrics App letter: 28/11/2014(Notice date 21st)

Bio-metrics App Cleveland Ohio: 10/12/2014

EAD/AP:Approved/production 31/01/2015(update 2/2/1015) (80 days)

Combo Card: Mailed 5/2/2015

Combo Card: Delivered 6/2/2015AP

NOA: Approval Notice received 7/2/2015

Interview waiver letter: received 23/2/15 dated: 18/2/2015

Green Card: APPROVED 31/07/2015

(Remember, all my dates are British layout.. the proper layout!)

If you actually read what I was saying properly you would see that I said that in response to why the person I quoted wrote what they did in the way they said it.

I was going giving her a rant about having to wait and how I feel about it.

IF there was a way for a pregnant woman to be with the father now then yay! For someone who comes from a home without a father I think they should be together asap.

No one has given her an answer, one gave an example of someone who got their approval in 87 days, which we know nothing about and could have just been an approval that the senator just found out.

The other was for another visa which is unlikely to be approved whilst the k1 is in process.

No there is no way to make the process faster.

There are options to spend some time together whilst they wait, there are options for him to visit and be there at the birth. There are no ways to speed up the process.

Typing on my phone, commas are just not my friend at all :)

I meant doing it the legal way, unlike those who aren't and get everything quicker right now.

Edit- and yes damage control, I can see how things sound when after written, clearing up intentions.

Ok:-)

You said they were expedited due to the involvement of their Senators office.

Timelines vary, sometimes significantly.

Yes I do say that they got their senator involved in their case. I am in touch with this girl everyday!! Any other questions?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.