Kristen & Ben

January 2015 I-130 filers!

1,181 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

a quick question I'm with you guys on the same boat my PD january 14th, i had moved to the east cost in december than i filled the i130, but ill be moving back to the california, and i don't know if i should notify them of the o change or thats gonna effect my case add extra time to it. my i130 is being processed at Texas Service Center.

if anyone heard or been thru a situation like this, advice.

thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hi guys.. TSC approved so many I 130s in march and it is going faster now. Today they are working on Sept 27 filers.

So most of Jan 15 filers will get NOA2 by end of april.

good luck frnd. ...This is a good move.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi guys.. TSC approved so many I 130s in march and it is going faster now. Today they are working on Sept 27 filers.

How sure are you of this, just checked TSC processing time on USCIS site and it still says July 2,2014 for I130

How sure are you of this, just checked TSC processing time on USCIS site and it still says July 2,2014 for I130

If you see the table on the USCIS site, that date is valid as of Dec. 31, 2014. Even though the processing time from VJ is based on member data, it is more recent/up to date so I would trust that more that the USCIS posted time for the time being.

For all of us waiting that is good news. :dancing:

Timeline

If you see the table on the USCIS site, that date is valid as of Dec. 31, 2014. Even though the processing time from VJ is based on member data, it is more recent/up to date so I would trust that more that the USCIS posted time for the time being.

For all of us waiting that is good news. :dancing:

That would be great to get an approval by next month hopefully sooner if we are lucky,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

USCIS allows I140 filers to pay an additional $1000 to get premium processing and approval within 15 days. It would certainly be nice if they also allowed this for the i130 petitions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

USCIS allows I140 filers to pay an additional $1000 to get premium processing and approval within 15 days. It would certainly be nice if they also allowed this for the i130 petitions.

Often times the people applying for I-140s like I-129s are currently in the US and their status is expiring soon. Therefore they need really fast processing in order to make sure that they are still here legally.

It would be great to have something like that but premium processing isn't without it's flaws. If an RFE gets issue that stops the clock. Also there isn't really a guarantee. If they don't get your case done within 15 days (not including RFEs) then they just reimburse you the $1225. In general though, if they're too busy, don't have the time, or just want to slow it down they'll find a way to do it so that you're still paying the additional processing fees.

I'm the petitioner.

October 18, 2014: Married in Brussels, Belgium

USCIS:
January 2, 2015: I-130 sent
January 6, 2015: NOA1

June 26, 2015: NOA2

NVC:

July 7, 2015: Sent to NVC

July 27, 2015: Received by NVC

July 30, 2015: Called NVC, received case number, and assigned agent.

August 5, 2015: AOS fee paid

August 7, 2015: IV fee paid, and AOS fee marked as paid

August 10, 2015: IV fee marked as paid

August 19, 2015: DS-260 marked as complete

August 20, 2015: Mailed AOS/IV packet

August 21, 2015: AOS/IV packet received by NVC

October 23, 2015: Received interview appointment letter

December 10, 2015: Interview - Approved!

My I-130 has been approved... yay!!

Saw the approval on USCIS; I'm not set up for email\text alerts. The official Notice of Approval hopefully should arrive by mail in a few days.

Hoping everyone here gets their case approved soon!

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Wow Kiran n suds glad u got ur approval......congra.....

Vermont is doing really good.... wish TSC also do the same.....fast......lol

Edited by M.B

Timeline

My I-130 has been approved... yay!!

Saw the approval on USCIS; I'm not set up for email\text alerts. The official Notice of Approval hopefully should arrive by mail in a few days.

Hoping everyone here gets their case approved soon!

Congrats! I'm wit M.B I wish TSC would hurry the heck up. Those at VSC that have been approved I have similar dates to and still nothing from TSC. Let's hope in the next couple of weeks us TSC people get approvals

Wow Kiran n suds glad u got ur approval......congra.....

Vermont is doing really good.... wish TSC also do the same.....fast......lol

I'm with you! Hopefully TSC will start approving cases fast like VSC. Hope to hear something this month

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to you Kiran an Suds. WOW - 43 days..... I wonder how USCIS can justify that when other service centres take 5 months to get around to approving.

Well, exciting for you, now on to the next round. Wishing you the best!!

Thanks M.B, MrsN, Shanelle.

As happy and excited I am about the fast approval at VSC, I'm all for equitable distribution of workloads. Everyone ought to be adjudicated in a reasonable time frame.

I wish you guys.. M.B, MrsN, Shanelle.. and others here get approved fast and move to the next step.. NVC.

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.