Tintin and Mike

I-751 January 2015 Filers

1,453 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

This is my cover letter, what do you think guys?

Re: Request for more evidence for I-751 joint petition to remove conditions of status on:

Name: My name

A #nnn-nnn-nnn

Dear Sir or Madam:

Enclosed please find supporting documents, Petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status for my husband.

I am enclosing the following:

• Copies of renewed ID and DL cards
  • Life insurance policy document
  • Car insurance valid from Dec 2014 until Dec 2015
  • Renewed apartment lease 2015/2016
  • Tax return for 2014 and W2 documents 2013/2014
  • Bank statements for 2015
  • Joint phone bill statements for 2015

We are happily living together and request that this petition be accepted for removal of conditions on the residence of my husband.

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I agree to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Yours truly,

Edited by israelidude

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey Israelidude, I think the letter is clear and concise. I'd probably say "happily married" instead of "happily living together", though.

I am curious why you are only sending recent documents - maybe you already sent all of this for 2013, 2014 ? I'm planning to send older stuff too (as much as I can find).

We may have had a lot less sent in our original package, and some of this may be overkill, but here is my "checklist":

TAB 1 Copies of driver’s licenses

TAB 2 Copies of bank statements that reflect a joint checking account and a joint credit card account.

1) Quarterly statements of joint checking account, September 2012-Present

2) Quarterly statements of joint credit card account , June 2012-Present

TAB 3 Copies of insurance policies.

1) Car Insurance policies, 2012-2015

2) Renter’s Insurance policies 2011-2014

3) Homeowner’s Insurance policy 2014-2015

4) Health Insurance and Dental Insurance Cards, current, and Health and Dental Insurance Explanation of Benefits, 2013-2015

TAB 4 Copies of State and Federal Tax Return Transcripts and Tax Returns for 2012, 2013 and 2014, including required schedules, statements, W2s and 1099s.

TAB 5 Copies of rental lease and mortgage payments to show joint tenancy, in addition to Property Tax letters for 2014 and 2015.

TAB 6 Copies of utility bills and other statements issued in both names to residential address.

1) Gas bills, 2014-2015

2) Quarterly ADT Security System bills, 10/2014 through 9/2015

3) 3 Veterinary bills for family dog, 2014-2015

4) 2014 Bill for Window Replacement

TAB 7 Other documentation to serve as evidence of a bona fide relationship.

1) Two affadavits signed by close friends

2) Travel itineraries from 2012-2015

4) Shared current AAA travel policy cards

5) Photos from 2012-2015 showing our travels and time spent with our dog and families

6) Cards received from 2012-2015 from family and friends

If anyone has any comments on this list, please let me know! We are still gathering some of the items and hoping to send in the next week. THe RFE was dated 9/12 so if we can send by 9/28 that's a little over 2 weeks.

Thanks, Claire

Timeline

Hi dcclaire,

The reason I am only sending things from 2014/2015 is because I already sent everything possible from 2012 and 2013 (bank statements, phone bills, apartment lease, pics and more). A lawyer told me not to send the same stuff twice so I can't send the same apartment lease and bank statements that I already sent before.

My wife doesn't have a license and just last year she decided she wants to learn to drive so I added her to the car insurance as a none driver so that's why she wasn't on the car insurance up until Dec 2014.

You stuff looks good, it's similar to what I have, the only difference between us is that you got health insurance and we don't..

Timeline

Israelidude - Awesome, I think if you sent all of that stuff earlier with your first submission, you're in good shape. Fingers crossed this is the end of this phase for both of us!! Let us know when you've mailed your RFE package in. Like I said, I am waiting for some docs that may take a week, so will send some time next week. Good news is it seems like response time to RFE response packages is under 2 weeks. Not sure if you celebrate, but if you do, have an easy fast. Will be offline tonight thru tomorrow and then eagerly sign back in to see if there have been any developments tomorrow night.

Timeline

Thank you dcclaire I hope it will be over for all of us soon. Yea I've heard people get answers for rfe pretty fast. I hope everything I have is enough. I don't have lots of stuff as far as property and travel. We are not is a great financial situation. Not good enough to travel or buy houses so I hope that won't be a problem for us

Timeline

You can only send what you have. I think everyone is in different stages and phases and they know that - some people have homes and kids and multiple cars, others are renting apartments and ride the bus. I think they will see that we are real people and clearly connected to our spouses financially and that should be enough. Good luck!!

Edited by dcclaire

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

All the users listed below, have you guys also not heard anything or are you just not active on the forums? I know Paul 78 is active.

PAUL78

SIMPATICOJT

VSCFOLLOWER

EDDIE TAZ

SHELLY_SHELLY

JONW

FRODO8404

EVH5150

Not, have not hear anything yet. So frustrated....

Timeline

Dont worry Sammy you can't get an interview yet, you first need to get an RFE and if they are not happy with what you've sent then they will call you for an interview..

We are in the same boat buddy.. I'm about to send my stuff next week. I hope thats the last of it..

Filed: Timeline

Well, more than half of the feb filers are already approved with GCs in hand.

There should be no reason for us to get an interview, but it seems like our case has gotten delayed for some reason a little too much. Just loosing all patience.

That text they sent me last week has not given me any mail until now which could be an RFE or anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.