Tintin and Mike

I-751 January 2015 Filers

1,453 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Like Jentus suggested, get another affidavit from friends. Also, on tax return, print out the official IRS transcript, not a turbotax printout. Best of luck to you. May this be your last step.

It seems like good old envelopes is our only hope for any change in the status. I hope I will not get RFE'd. Also they were super late on my notice too. Patience, patience, and more patience. And congrats to all of you who got approved.

So here we go, I am sending them:

1. Renewed IDs

2. New apartment lease

3. Life insurance details

3. Car insurance summary valid from Dec 2014 until Dec 2015

4. Phone bills of a voice line with both our names on it from Dec 2014 until now

5. Bank statements with both our names on it from Dec 2014 until now

6. Joint tax return for 2014 plus w2 from 2013 (that I forgot to send the first time) and 2014

Do you guys think I need to add anything?

Hi Israeliedude,

I read your case and decided to sign up in order to give you a great tip that worked for me before. I also received a RFE when filed my I 485. The RFE was because my wife didn't send the income tax return form for the year 2012. I was very worried about that, but after some research I found a great tip. Certainly, sending more evidence will help you but don't forget they are asking you for your income tax forms. What you need to do is write an explanation letter giving the reasons why you or your wife didn't filed the income tax form for the years requested. In my case, I sent a letter to USCIS explaining that my wife didn't filed the income tax for the years 2012 and 2013 because according to The IRS her income was very low that she was not required by the law to file her income tax on those years. After they received my extra evidence and explanation letter they just passed to the next step on my case. Good luck I hope it helps!

No updates for me... No letter, no text, no email, no update on the website.

I got my NOA on 1/2/2015. Transferred to CSC on 8/17. I am getting more worried as I see so many already being approved and the processing date of CSC changed to 1/3/2015.

Maybe I should contact the immigration lawyer that helped me applying for the Green card. I prepared the petition for the ROC by myself.

Well.. I had called today. Was transferred to an officer. All he said was that my case is within normal processing time. Lol.

I said thats not my question, i just wanted to inquire what the text mean? His answer... Your case is within normal processing time. #######. What a waste of time

No. No approval nor RFE.

At this point, I would feel more relieved if I would get an RFE. At least then I know that someone has reviewed my case and I can do something about it. The last thing I want is to wait and wait without knowing what is going on.

Hi Paul78 did you get an RFE?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

Yea that's all you gonna get from them... I'm gonna send this RFE and hopefully I will be done with this nonsense.. Unbelievable what a waste of all of our time.. MY RFE said "you didnt send 2014 taxes" Well..... I filled in Dec!!! How can I even send that I didnt even have that at the time!!! Weird and not cool.. No offence to anybody but I find it really strange that someone that filed with a divorce waiver has gotten his stuff no problem smoothly and someone that has all the documentation and is still married is getting a hard time, is that fair?! I dont think so..

No offence to anybody but I find it really strange that someone that filed with a divorce waiver has gotten his stuff no problem smoothly and someone that has all the documentation and is still married is getting a hard time, is that fair?! I dont think so..

Perhaps because I filed a more comprehensive packet then you did - and made it as easy as possible for the officer to approve it.

Everybody always says 'no offense' right before they trash you.

You think being married gives you a right to the extension? The sense of entitlement here is baffling to me. You're an immigrant, you're in someone elses country, they'll get to you when they get to you. It's why they extend your GC for a year!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline

First off you don't need to get mad I didn't mean it like that and I didn't mean to offend you, second of all I might be in a different country and its "their" country and not mine but I am a tax payer and an honest resident. They should treat us with a little more care and not ask for evidence that clearly I could't produce at the time.

Perhaps because I filed a more comprehensive packet then you did - and made it as easy as possible for the officer to approve it.

Everybody always says 'no offense' right before they trash you.

You think being married gives you a right to the extension? The sense of entitlement here is baffling to me. You're an immigrant, you're in someone elses country, they'll get to you when they get to you. It's why they extend your GC for a year!

I love your posts man!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi all, we got an RFE. I am sad and disappointed. I just cannot believe it. It was the blue coversheet saying RFE and white sheet attached saying all the things that are examples of things we should send. Some we have and some we don't because they don't apply to us. People who got RFEs, did you just get asked for specific items? Or did you get this same list?

I'm going to need some help from all of you, because of course I want to make sure this next submission is more than complete. Check out the list they sent and let me know if there's anything in addition to these items we should add (like letters from friends, which many of you mentioned, but isn't an example on the list. Or photos).

IMG_5360.jpg

From this list, we will send:

1) Legible copies of drivers licenses

2) Bank statements to show joint account -- for this one, should I send the whole thing from marriage to now (2 years) or just recent one?

3) Insurance policies (health, vehicle)

4) State and Federal Tax Returns and W-2s

5) Utility bills (have to check, these might just be in one name, not both)

#2 and #3 we already sent before, but I can send again of course.

FYI, we sent originally: joint mortgage, joint credit card, joint bank account, shared health insurance, shared car insurance and photos. I really thought that would be more than enough.

I'm thinking in addition to #1-5 above, I could add: travel itineraries showing we go places together and maybe letters from friends and family. DO people think the letters are necessary? If we do that, how many should we get? The only other thing I can think to add is our dog's vet record which shows both of us as the owners.

Please help :/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.