Saylin

NVC Filers - January 2015

1,133 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

If a friend called them ..do they give information if not the petitioner nor applicant was spaeking?

NVC stage:

Scan date 24 nov

checklist for birth certificate:13.2.2015

expedite request: 1.3.2015

cc: 5.3.2015

interview date:11.4.2015

If a friend called them ..do they give information if not the petitioner nor applicant was spaeking?

:no: Has to be either the petitioner, beneficiary, or legal representative.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

Just got the Welcome email from NVC. I did the DS261 on jan 16 but still unable to log in to Payment portal. I don't understand why.

Also with the email they sent a document cover sheet. It lists all the documents needed to be submitter serially but it does not mention where to attach AOS or IV cover sheet.

Can the AOS cover sheet be attached just after the document cover sheet?

There will be two documents packet so the document cover sheet needs to be placed top on both of the packages differently?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Anyone get a case number today? I was hopeful, but no. Got the same 42 day spiel. December 17 case received. I'll try again tomorrow.

09/24/14 Marriage

USCIS

10/23/14 Mailed I-130 from Spain

11/05/14 NOA 1, routed to CSC

12/04/14 NOA 2

NVC

12/17/14 Case received

01/22/15 Case number assigned

01/23/15 DS-261 completed

01/26/15 AOS bill invoiced and paid

02/09/15 Mailed both packages from Spain

02/17/15 Scan date AOS & IV packages

02/17/15 IV bill invoiced

02/18/15 IV bill paid

02/20/15 DS-260 completed

03/24/15 Case Complete

04/16/15 P4 email

Madrid Embassy

05/26/15 Medical

05/28/15 Interview- Approved

07/29/15 POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Anyone get a case number today? I was hopeful, but no. Got the same 42 day spiel. December 17 case received. I'll try again tomorrow.

NVC entered my case into their system this morning (Jan. 20th). Received the case number, IIN, and BIN by phone..... NVC received date December 15th. You should get yours by Thursday (i would think).

Marriage : March 11, 2013

USCIS

I-130 Sent : June 20,2014

I-130 NOA1 : June 23, 2014

I-130 Approved : December 3, 2014

Processing Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 163 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC
NVC Received : December 15, 2014
Case Number Assigned : January 20, 2015

Received DS-261 / AOS Invoice : January 21, 2015
Paid AOS Bill : January 22, 2015
AOS Package Scanned : March 12,2015
Received IV Invoice : January 30, 2015

Paid IV Bill : February 4, 2015

IV Package Scanned : March 12, 2015

Submitted DS-260 : February 5, 2015

Case Complete : April 08, 2015

Interview Scheduled: June 03, 2015 (confirmed by phone call)

Received P4 email: June 09, 2015
Interview Date : July 27, 2015
Interview Result: APPROVED !!!!!!

Visa Received: August 03, 2015

POE:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Saylin, I had my interview at Montreat today and I got approved. Just wanted to say thanks for keeping this thread up to date and helping me out through nvc. Also your pictures and professionally laid out consulate maps were very helpful :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

NVC entered my case into their system this morning (Jan. 20th). Received the case number, IIN, and BIN by phone..... NVC received date December 15th. You should get yours by Thursday (i would think).

Thank you! Good to hear.

09/24/14 Marriage

USCIS

10/23/14 Mailed I-130 from Spain

11/05/14 NOA 1, routed to CSC

12/04/14 NOA 2

NVC

12/17/14 Case received

01/22/15 Case number assigned

01/23/15 DS-261 completed

01/26/15 AOS bill invoiced and paid

02/09/15 Mailed both packages from Spain

02/17/15 Scan date AOS & IV packages

02/17/15 IV bill invoiced

02/18/15 IV bill paid

02/20/15 DS-260 completed

03/24/15 Case Complete

04/16/15 P4 email

Madrid Embassy

05/26/15 Medical

05/28/15 Interview- Approved

07/29/15 POE

Hi Saylin, I had my interview at Montreat today and I got approved. Just wanted to say thanks for keeping this thread up to date and helping me out through nvc. Also your pictures and professionally laid out consulate maps were very helpful :)

Yay, congrats! :dancing: Glad my pictures and map were helpful! ^_^ I wish I had it when I had my interview :lol: (I'm usually a super planner for when I go to new places, haha)

Thanks to the three members who replied to me on the new menu. For $#!ts and giggles, I decided to call NVC and listen to the new options as I was curious :rofl:

So, after calling a few times and listening to the menus, here's what I came up with:

-Talks about menu changing (in English, then Spanish)

1. for approved cases from USCIS where it's been 35 days and they haven't received any paperwork from NVC

-Talks about NVC getting cases from USCIS (in English, then Spanish)

2. for English

3. for Spanish

[small block of silence]

-Talks about information needed to talk about case (in English, then Spanish)

2. for immigrant visas at NVC in English

3. for immigrant visas at NVC in Spanish

4. for immigrant visas at US embassy/consulate abroad

5. for non-immigrant visas

As for skipping menu options, here's what I discovered:

-You can press 1 right away (for not getting any information from NVC yet), but then you can't skip to pressing 2 for English.

-You can press 2 right away (for talking about immigrant visas at NVC in English) and this skips the first part talking about the menu changes and what pressing 1 is, but you still have to listen to the spiel about information needed to talk about cases, so you have to wait until the spiel is over before truly being able to choose option 2 to speak to someone in English about immigrant visas.

Hope this helps :) I'll be posting this to the wiki shortly!

P.S. Re-dialing multiple times is a pain in the @$$! Never had to deal with that 5 years ago when I went through NVC. You dialed, you got through right away. No re-dialing necessary. I would have been done with my "testing" in like 10 minutes. Instead, took like half an hour due to having to re-dial so many times each time to get through :bonk:

ok im gonna try it.. lets hope for the best..

If you get a good cropped picture you can put it on an SD card and take it to Walmart and have them printed. Its only 60 cents per picture. My hubby did it tonight. This is alot less hassle that getting photo paper and doing yourself.

Also would they really know the pictures are older than six months. Once it look like the person i would think that all that matters.

Edited by Danisky

Thanks for replying. Am I supposed to get any barcoded sheet via email after filling DS261? I just saw someone posted on FB page that they got one. I was not aware of that!!

After you pay each fee you will get the option to print a document cover sheet, which when printed states that it must be included in packet.

Both sheets just tell you wants next in the process and where to send the documents. It also has the applicant name and the case number with a bar code. I looks like the same bar code to me.

Has anyone ever gotten a checklist for not attaching the Immigrant Visa Fee document cover sheet to the supporting documents in the package?

I have seen people on Saylin spreadsheet do this but not sure how it has affected anyone.

I was also told by an agent to send it without but then i spoke to another agent and she said i have to wait to send it.

I have all my docs except the IV fee cover sheet ( quite frankly from research online it looks exactly like the AOS one execpt that the "whats next area" is different) and i real want to start my 60 day journey sooner than later.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Has anyone ever gotten a checklist for not attaching the Immigrant Visa Fee document cover sheet to the supporting documents in the package?

I have seen people on Saylin spreadsheet do this but not sure how it has affected anyone.

I was also told by an agent to send it without but then i spoke to another agent and she said i have to wait to send it.

I have all my docs except the IV fee cover sheet ( quite frankly from research online it looks exactly like the AOS one execpt that the "whats next area" is different) and i real want to start my 60 day journey sooner than later.

Several VJers are sending all the documents with only the AOS coversheet. I also plan to do the same. Just take two printouts of AOS cover sheet ans attach with the AOS documents and IV documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.