1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks Carguy, glad this is over too.

Congratualtions to you both Mamaof3 and Casper54.

I had info pass last week to ask for I485 to be expedited. I just got a phone call advising me that my case is now in the local office but the expedition had been denied because my I131 and EAD had been approved so there is no reason why I cannot travel.

I explained the site says there is no guarantee the you'll gain re-entry at the port of entry but she said this is just a precaution but as long as I did not break the law I should be readmitted if I showed the dual card and returned before it expired.

The information is always so conflicting.

Thank you Angell66

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi!

I guess my journey willl just start. I am gathering all the documents for i-360 and the supporting documents as well. I am worried because i do not have medical report neither police report. My proof is based on emails from my husband apologizing for hitting me, grabbing me, pushing me, yelling at my face, etc. The last time he tried to choke me and i called the police. He left and his family told me to leave before the police got there. So i left and desperated, i called one of his friends. I dont have anybody here besides his family and his friends. One of his friends picked me up that night with other friend and ive been staying at his place since then. I saw people here with a lot of experiences and help each other to get through this. I am not sure if i have enough proof. I called the police twice, the first one i hung up before i talked to someone and the last one i told them that he tried to choke me). I think I have proof for bonafide marriage (affidavits from friends, receipts for wedding, joint bank account, car insurance, trip to my home country where he lived with me for a while, his grades when be studied in my country). But i am worried how to prove battery.

Thank you

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Lafayettestrong you called the police and told them that your husband tried to choke you, did the cops come to the house? if not then ask the 911 transcript, the transcript will show the conversation between you and the 911 operator.

Does anyone know or witnessed the abuse? get affidavits from family and friends stating about the abuse that you suffered.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I dont know if the cops came or not. I just got the 911 audio. Im going to look for some company that can transcript it for me.

Nobody saw anything. But one of his friends, the one who gave me shelter, believe me and will make an affidavit. He can only state that i called him that night and gave me shelter, he witnessed his relationship with his ex gf (my husband yelled at her and threw her phone away).

The emails are from different dates and he is very apologetic for physical stuff. But i dont have witnesses thats have seen, only heard of it from me.

Hi! I am new to this forum and I also have the same problem with the e-service request because it always goes to error. I tried I485 with sub form OTHER and I also tried the subform family based adjustment but none works, just right away go to error. Anybody pls advice how this works? Thank you.

Filed: Other Country: Bahamas
Timeline

I'm happy to mention that after 7 months my i360 has finally bin approved. God is awesome!! Now for the last lap.... my green card.... hang in there to all that still waiting...

Hynos thanks alot...l didnt know this office exist.. thanks again

Hi missymd! I am new here but I have been following this thread. I have the same case like yours, approved VAWA and interviewed 9 months ago and until now no decision. Service request had no answer, just said case was transferred but no specifics where. My lawyer did not even rfeceive a letter acknowledging the service request but got the reference number given over the phone. Anyway, how is your case going now? Did you contact the Obudsman?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Folks, I will meet up the survivors in NYC on Aug 29,2015 from 1 pm to 4 pm. It will be in the "60 Wall Street Atrium" located at 60 Wall Street (between William and Pearl Streets) Take the 2/3 to Wall Street or the J/Z to Broad Street.

The 60 Wall Street Atrium is an indoor garden, very beautiful, with gigantic palm trees, lots of cafe tables and chairs, 4 fountains, you can bring your child, no problem. I met several survivors in the previous meet up, we had 3 meet up already, and every time was great. Please send me a pm confirming your presence ok.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm happy to mention that after 7 months my i360 has finally bin approved. God is awesome!! Now for the last lap.... my green card.... hang in there to all that still waiting...

Congrats Bahamabreeze!!!

KLOVE got me thru...

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi everyone, I'm new here but have been following for a few days. Happy I came across this page on Google. I'm In The process of filing my I360. sandranj I live in Brooklyn and would love to meet with you on the 29th.

1. Do I need to use a lawyer to submit my application or can I do it myself? What would you recommend?

2. Also in 2008 my husband filed I130 petition, which was approved. however he took no action on it. I found all documentation when I went digging through his closet. NVC sent him Letters in 2010 and in 2012 they closed the case. Is it all lost being as I already lost the visa that was available to me?

My husband became very abusive towards me...Ben married for 12 years and gave 3 kids for him. he tried to break my neck, strangle me, knocked me in the eyes. Went to emergency room but lied to the doctors. I told them I was hit in the eye with a ball at the park. I was afraid he would kill me if I called the cops so I never did. Just took whatever he did to me. He even threw away all my clothes. I'm filing the petition and need all the help I can get. The lawyers here in New York are very expensive and I'm trying to make up money to pay one because I don't know if I can file it myself. Thankyou.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.