1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes, i mailed the expedite letter you helped me with to Vermont, and my lawyer mailed another expedite to my local office and to the office that had my file so they can forward my case to my local office. In all, I am very thankful.

KLOVE got me thru...

Hello everybody...This morning I had my interview for I485 based on approved Vawa.I was asked only security questions and when was the last time I entered USA.The interview lasted only for about 10 minutes and was finally told I would receive my green card in 3 to 4 weeks.Finally this journey for me has come to an end.Applied Vawa in May 2014 and I485 approved finally on August 2015.Thanks a lot for all your knowledge and help Sandra,without you this journey was impossible to be completed.God Bless America. ?

Congratualtions to you both Mamaof3 and Casper54.

I had info pass last week to ask for I485 to be expedited. I just got a phone call advising me that my case is now in the local office but the expedition had been denied because my I131 and EAD had been approved so there is no reason why I cannot travel.

I explained the site says there is no guarantee the you'll gain re-entry at the port of entry but she said this is just a precaution but as long as I did not break the law I should be readmitted if I showed the dual card and returned before it expired.

The information is always so conflicting.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

hey leilabird thank you for your information, I hope all who are still waiting will get their interview notices soon.........and to all out there my congratulations to your I485 interview approvals, im really happy for u mama of 3 and casper, finally this journey came to an end for you,............God bless you and those people here like SAndra who are helping us a lot to go through it

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I have a question.....I am awaiting my GC Interview Notice but unfortunately I've had a second Notice returned to USCIS by the PO as undeliverable even though I have not had a change of Address. Not sure what this Notice Is about. All my correspondences were delivered fine prior to this Notice. I'm getting very worried not knowing If this Notice could be about my Interview date that I may or may not miss. I have set up an Infopass Appointment. Any thought on what to expect?

Edited by Motherof3

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you Sandra, Yes I will contact the congressperson in my area if I don't hear anything about my pending cases within 6 months.

Sandra, is it OK to get a seasonal job if the company won't ask for a EAD? Will it affect my case application?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

lonelady DO NOT work without a work permit, you can screw up your case.Working without EAD before submitting VAWA is fine, but once you filed VAWA you should not work without EAD.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I had my GC interview today, this is after my case was sent to a wrong state, my filing to have it sent back to my state, doing 2 infopasses, and finally getting my interview date for today.

The interview itself was pretty fast, the officer asked me to hold my hand up, and tell the truth. He wanted me to sign a paper saying it was okay to continue with interview because my lawyer was absent. (i signed!)He asked for my passport, ead and DL. He asked me the yes or no questions on the i485 form. He asked if i wanted to them to send my GC to my lawyers address or mine, I chose mine of course! Advised me to changed my status with dmv, ss etc. And that was it. Told me it was approved, to expect the card in 2-4 weeks and if I had any questions...

I didn't need my childrens birth certificate etc, eventhough I had a folder with everything i submitted.

So thankful for all the support from you guys, Thank you Sandra for taking time to answer my questions..

For those still waiting, It is well!!!!!

Hello everybody...This morning I had my interview for I485 based on approved Vawa.I was asked only security questions and when was the last time I entered USA.The interview lasted only for about 10 minutes and was finally told I would receive my green card in 3 to 4 weeks.Finally this journey for me has come to an end.Applied Vawa in May 2014 and I485 approved finally on August 2015.Thanks a lot for all your knowledge and help Sandra,without you this journey was impossible to be completed.God Bless America. ?

Congratulations! That is awesome, so happy for you guys!! Glad to read about both of your approval :) and of Sandra doing an amazing job to help everyone here!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.