kennydee

N-400 January 2015 Filers

1,431 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

A really good way to start my day:

"Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number NBC**************. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by May 28, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Have a great day everyone!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Does anybody know how much time its taking for Houston office? They placed me "In Line for Interview" status on Feb 27 2015 and no updates after that.

Recently it's been about 9-10 months from application to oath in Houston.

But things usually speed up for applications in December-March and slow down again starting in April.

It's hard to tell.

This time last year, people were being interviewed 3 months after applying.

Edited by JimmyHou

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Timeline

Just finished my interview. The wait time took longer that the actual interview. Super nice immigration officer. He recommended my case for approval and that I should wait for an oath ceremony letter in the mail. He said that it usually takes between 1-2 months here in Brooklyn. I am just one step away from becoming a citizen. Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement.

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

While I was going through the packet they gave for the oath ceremony. I realized we need to provide Original Naturalization certificate for the Passport application, which I am pretty sure they will return along with Passport. But it makes me nervous to give away the only proof of citizenship even though it is for few weeks. Should we take a photocopy before applying for the Passport? How safe is it to apply in the post office Vs applying at the oath ceremony? When I say safe I mean getting the naturalization certificate back in single piece :)

A really good way to start my day:

"Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number NBC**************. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by May 28, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Have a great day everyone!

Congratulations :dance: :dance: :dance:

While I was going through the packet they gave for the oath ceremony. I realized we need to provide Original Naturalization certificate for the Passport application, which I am pretty sure they will return along with Passport. But it makes me nervous to give away the only proof of citizenship even though it is for few weeks. Should we take a photocopy before applying for the Passport? How safe is it to apply in the post office Vs applying at the oath ceremony? When I say safe I mean getting the naturalization certificate back in single piece :)

I was asking myself the same question, I am thinking about taking a picture of the certificate and then apply for a passport at the oath ceremony :wacko:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Just to be more precise. People who applied in August completed Oath in April so 8 months. September folks are lined up for May Oath. So expect to have your interview in August and Oath in September. So that means you wont hear anything until July time frame. I know its long.

Recently it's been about 9-10 months from application to oath in Houston.

But things usually speed up for applications in December-March and slow down again starting in April.

It's hard to tell.

This time last year, people were being interviewed 3 months after applying.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Just finished my interview. The wait time took longer that the actual interview. Super nice immigration officer. He recommended my case for approval and that I should wait for an oath ceremony letter in the mail. He said that it usually takes between 1-2 months here in Brooklyn. I am just one step away from becoming a citizen. Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement.

Congrats!

Just received this email.

We scheduled your oath ceremony for Receipt Number NBC*00000000. We sent a notice with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony to the address you gave us. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your notice by May 28, 2015, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Wow...so happy, mail on the way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

received an update today saying my interview was scheduled. i would update my info, but which category would that be? it wouldn't be yellow letter, but it's also not the interview letter since that's on its way, right?

K1
10/15/2010 - NOA1
04/11/2011 - NOA2
04/14/2011 - NVC received
04/18/2011 - NVC sent
04/19/2011 - Consulate received
05/04/2011 - Packet 3 sent
05/28/2011 - Packet 3 received
06/07/2011 - Medical exam & ASC appt.
06/09/2011 - Interview - APPROVED
07/29/2011 - Marriage

AOS
09/26/2011 - NOA1

10/18/2011 - Case transferred to CSC
10/28/2011 - Biometrics
11/23/2011 - EAD & AP approved

12/03/2011 - EAD & AP combo card received
01/24/2012 - AOS approved
02/02/2012 - NOA for approved AOS & prod. of GC ordered
02/08/2012 - GC received
ROC

12/10/2013 - NOA1
01/10/2014 - Biometrics

06/04/2014 - ROC & prod. of GC ordered

06/17/2014 - GC received

Naturalization

01/29/2015 - N-400 sent to TX

02/12/2015 - NOA1

03/03/2015 - Biometrics

05/02/2015 - Interview letter received

06/04/2015 - Interview Appointment - APPROVED

Hi guys...I received interview letter for N-400 but the barcode at the end of the letter is printed in a such a way i don't think they can scan it.

I mean u know the whole letter, is inside a box kind of line..that line seems to have overlapped with barcode.

Should i be concerned or it's ok ? Or should i ask for new letter ?

Can any one suggest me anything please....

Edited by alex123456789

I have a question, Am planning a trip in november in case my us citizenship goes thru do i need a visa to enter into my country. or my passport to my country is still valid. I already bought plane ticket. And i know they will take my green card during my citizenship interview. Any help will be appreciated. thank you

I have a question, Am planning a trip in november in case my us citizenship goes thru do i need a visa to enter into my country. or my passport to my country is still valid. I already bought plane ticket. And i know they will take my green card during my citizenship interview. Any help will be appreciated. thank you

FILED UNDER THREE YEARS RULE (319A)

MAILED N400 - APRIL 17 2015

CHECK CASHED - APRIL 28 2015

RECEIVED NOA IN THE MAIL - MAY-01-2015 (PRIORITY DATE APRIL-23-2015) WHAT THE HECK THAT IS

NOA FOR BIOMETRICS RECEIVED MAY-15-2015 - APPOINTMENT MAY-29-2015 ( EARLY BIOMETRICS MAY-19-2015)

TESTING AND INTERVIEW - MAY-21-2015

INTERVIEW DATE- 07-24-2015 :goofy:

OATH CEREMONY MAILED ON- 08-03-2015 :goofy: :idea: :goofy: :idea: :idea:

OATH CEREMONY- 08-18-2015

I-130 JOURNEY FOR MOM

I-130 MAILED- MARCH-4-2016

I-130 NOA RECEIVED -MARCH 19-2016

I-130 APPROVED- APRIL-26-2016(WOW THAT WAS REALLY QUICK ANYWAY THANKS USCIS TEXAS) (L)

I-130 NOA2 RECEIVED IN MAIL-APRIL30-2016

I-130 SENT TO DEPARTMENT OF STATE - APRIL-29-2016

I-130 RECEIVED NVC-MAY-6-2016

l-130 CASE ASSIGNED- MAY 23-2016

I-130 PAYED AOS FEE- JUNE 1-2016 ($120)

The USCIS does not confiscate your foreign passport - that passport is the property of the country of issue. The U.S. does not require you to choose between one nation or another, meaning dual-citizenship is perfectly acceptable to the U.S. government. However, you need to verify with your country of origin, to ensure that country also recognizes dual-citizenship.

It appears your country of origin is Ghana.

According to the Ghana Embassy website, you need to apply for dual-citizenship, once you've obtained your U.S. citizenship -

http://www.ghanaembassy.org/index.php?page=dual-citizenship

Edited by jayjaym

Click Spoiler for signature timeline.

3/10/2013 - Married

Green Card Process Summary
3/25/2013 - Submitted I-130's
01/13/2014 - Embassy Interview - Approved!
05/28/2014 - POE (U.S. Customs and Immigration Overseas Preclearance Facility - Abu Dhabi)
08/20/2014 - Green Card received.

Naturalization Process

01/20/2015 - Submitted N-400 for immediate naturalization under INA 319b.

02/10/2015 - Check cashed.

02/14/2015 - NOA

04/07/2015 - Case shipped to local field office.

04/08/2015 - Interview scheduled for July 6, 2015.

04/08/2015 - Wifey better be studying her butt off for the citizenship test!

07/08/2015 - Wifey was studying her butt off and passed the test easily. Oath ceremony completed on same day! We are done with our journey!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just to be more precise. People who applied in August completed Oath in April so 8 months. September folks are lined up for May Oath. So expect to have your interview in August and Oath in September. So that means you wont hear anything until July time frame. I know its long.

There are two July filers who haven't taken their oaths yet. Perhaps they stopped posting, but they were both interviewed in March. So I assume they would have had their ceremonies in April or will have them in May. That would make it 9 - 10 months, but I think things have sped up since last summer. I think it's likely that the person who asked the original question will be interviewed in July/August, but I do think it's possible that he'll be interviewed in June.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.