seanchua

BIR ID issues

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all,

My fiance is working now to get her passport and we've had a difficult time getting the primary photo ID (such as SSS ID, Voters ID, Driver's ID etc). I met her in a very poor area and works odd jobs like dish washer, waitress and owns a sari-sari store to make ends meet when I met her. Because of this, she's never had a need really for an official ID. We did start the SSS ID process about 2 months ago and they issued it very quickly, but then canceled it and destroyed it because they deemed that the "name was wrong" (Her name is Mary Luz and the ID was produced saying Maryluz). Now we have had to wait almost 2 months now and it is supposed to be ready at the end of January.

So, in case there are more issues with the SSS ID, we also pursued BIR ID after reading you can obtain it in 1 day and a Voter's ID since she had had one before but lost it. She is trying to do all of this in Bacolod City. The Voter's ID has to wait until February because the community will have some sort of 'hearing' to reinstate her Voter's ID. I'm not exactly clear on this one... The problem we have with the BIR ID is that I read the laws and even the "Executive Order" that states everyone is eligible for a BIR ID to "transact with the government". She went to the BIR office and they insisted that she have a "Bank Referral". I called the BIR main office in Manila to inquire because this is stated no where in the laws, and they said that some local offices have different requirements and I have to call the local office directly. (Which is maddening to me). I called the local office and talked to the Director's office and a lady stated that she did indeed need a bank referral and there was no way around it.

Ok, so she goes to many banks and each of them require the SSS ID for her to open a bank account. So we're stuck in this loop and I'm left thinking that the Philippines doesn't understand that it's creating these road blocks for an underprivileged class (poor). They seem to make it very difficult for people to get official documentation and work their way out of poverty (in one way or another).

We also tried to go the route of a driver's license, but she was told that she has to own a car. Again, another road block to someone that's poor. I'm not sure if this one is a law on the books there or not...

I'm semi-ranting here, but it's been frustrating. Anyone have similar issues or a work around for this case? I am in the California Service Center and have my NOA1 hard copy in hand. I don't want getting a passport to hold up the process as the CSC seems to be moving very quickly :)

Thank you for any input you may have.

Service Center: California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate: Manila, Philippines
I-129F Sent: 12/15/14
I-129F NOA1 Text/Email: 12/22/14
I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy: 12/27/14
I-129F NOA2 Text/Email: 01/09/15
I-129F NOA2 Hard Copy: 01/15/15
NVC Case Number Assigned: 01/23/15
Left NVC: 01/30/15

Case Arrived at Embassy: 02/02/15
!!!Waiting for primary government IDs!!!
Interview Date: 04/22/15

!!!Approved?? K1/K2 DNA Test Requested!!!

DNA Results arrive at Embassy: 05/18/15

Passport requested to be sent 2Go to Embassy: 05/29/15

Issued!: 07/01/15 (CEAC didn't update until Jul 3)

Need a primary government ID in the Philippines? Look here -> New International Postal ID Available

Timeline

this is so frustrating.. my boyfriend attempted to obtain a passport but he was denied because he has no enough ID to show. he has NBI clearance, postal ID, brgy clearance, police clearance, old employment ID.. but DFA-cebu said it's not enough.. as what we researched beforehand in DFA website everything he has was already enough for an ID.. DFA-cebu asked for more.. sss id, philhealth with MDR, voter's id and or tor from school (college)... but he wanst able to go to college becaause of financial issues. now we are waiting for the holidays to be over so he can start getting his IDs. i guess we still have a long way to do it..

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Timeline

The key to all of this is what they told you on the phone, "...some local offices have different requirements...". It's not "some", but ALL. My fiancee had this same problem in Cagayan De Oro City(a voter ID finally solved it). And others here on VJ have posted in the past about this same issue in other towns/cities across the Philippines. Each and every DFA office has their own specific requirements. Makes absolutely no sense, but that's the real problem in a nutshell. The bottom line is your fiancee should try another office. Even possibly in another city. Another option might be to try the offices in malls, as some Phils VJer's have suggested they are easier to deal with. Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed for TOS violation - Condone or instruct, either directly or indirectly, others on how to commit fraudulent or illegal immigration activities in any way, shape, manner or method.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Nbi clearance, college TOR. If worst case scenario, have your fiance enroll to a short term class in a school, they will issue an ID. Then that is valid :)

Dont trust the government for ids..

Edited by biaobiao

Timeline

How about a postal id? It's a valid id too. For all i know, BIR id is no longer issued because there's a so-called all-in-one id which is now used for bir, sss and philhealth transactions. You can also ask for a barangay clearance id granting that your fiance is a registered voter. No hopes for the voter's id though coz it will take years to have one.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Get form 137 for those who only finished high school/elementary cause even with an old school I.D. they'd still require you to get either TOR/form 137. For opening bank account 2 valid ID's(postal id is accepted) are required. My brother has unpaid debt(31K) in college so we were unable to get his TOR. We decided to get form 137 instead. SSS ID is a pain to get since you have to have a job to get one. Even if you enrolled her in a school they will still ask for TOR/form 137 and the school will not release her TOR unless you pay her tuition in full. Form137+NBI Clearance+Barangay Clearance+Birth Certificate=enough to get him a passport.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We also tried to go the route of a driver's license, but she was told that she has to own a car. Again, another road block to someone that's poor. I'm not sure if this one is a law on the books there or not...

There's no such thing as this as far as I know. I was able to get a student 's license then eventually a driver license without owning a vehicle.

Tell her to inquire from the right people and avoid the "fixers".

Yup, ownership of a vehicle isn't required for a non-Professional or Professional Driver's license. I'm pretty sure most Jeepney, Tricycle, FX drivers aren't the owners/operators. Agreed. Have your loved one ask from the actual LTO staff inside the LTO office or on their official website.

I was able to get a student permit and take my written/road test and received my license months before purchasing a car.

"Ad Astra Per Aspera"

"Audentes Fortuna Adiuvat"

==========

Dec 11, 2014 - Filed I-130 via DCF @ US Embassy Manila (...and we're on the clock...) - Read about my experience filing DCF here > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/527064-filed-dcf-i-130-for-ir-1-at-us-embassy-manila-aar/

Dec 11, 2014 - NOA1: Not sure what to put here, Dec 11, 2014, Dec 24, 2014 or something in between.

Dec 24, 2014 - NOA2: I called USCIS @ USEM on Jan 5, 2015 and was told the I-130 was approved on Christmas Eve. Thank you Santa!

Jan 13, 2015 - MNL Case Number & Packet 3 Received via email (I emailed the IV Unit-Manila requesting these on Jan 5, 2015 and Jan 12, 2015)

Jan 21, 2015 - NOA2: Mailed (via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to our place here in Manila.

Jan 22, 2015 - Packet 3: Mailed (again via PhilPost!) paper/hard copy delivered to out place here in Manila.

Feb 24 & 25, 2015 - Day 1 & Day 2 of Medical @ SLEC. Immunizations given on Day 2, thankfully

Mar 5, 2015 - USEM Interview Appointment - IR-1 Visa Approved! (CEAC Status updated to ISSUED afternoon of interview day)

Mar 10, 2015 - 3pm - Received SMS saying IV Package ready for pickup at 2GO MoA. Picked up at 5pm. (Shipped/Picked Up/In Hand on 3rd Business Day post interview)

Mar 13, 2015 - CFO Manila - Done

==========

Now disposing/selling/giving away/shipping to the US stuff from 14 years in the PHL and 4 years together before heading to POE.

OP.. Seriously some of the cases you mentioned is not possible.

Owning a car before licensed is issued (total bs)

Need a bank referral for BIR?

I was able to get my bir # then the id after few months..i was also unemployed before.

Opening up an account? I only needed nbi certificate, philhealth id, pics and 2000pesos to open the account. It was witn bdo too.

Have your fiance apply in a call center in bacolod. That will solve your problems. :)

Id, employment, experience, she doesnt have to work long enough to get an id :)

Edited by biaobiao

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.