Dr.Sam77

OPTIONS TO TRIGGER ADJUDICATION OF PENDING I-751

34 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I would complete the N-400 application and have all supporting documents and a check for the fee and hand that to the supervisor at your INFOpass appointment. If they do not accept it then inform them that you are going to mail it as soon as you leave the office. Make certain you keep copies if they accept it and get a receipt o fthem accepting the N-400 application. I get they will not accept it, but I also bet your I-751 gets pulled for processing as they know an N-400 will be coming and the I-751 needs to be approved.

Good luck,

Dave

I preponed my infopass appointment to Januray 5th 2015 and will be asking for supervisor if I can get some useful information.

Also I am sending my N-400 packet on 2nd january 2015 because I know making infopass is going to be a futile exercise !!.

Timeline

do not give a lawyer $500, because any information he receives you should be able to get yourself. If he does obtain any information, it will be through unofficial channels, and therefore would be useless to you in formal proceedings.

I will not pay any lawyer any money.I don’t want to disclose the name of the lawyer ( good practice in LA)who told me that I was not willing to pay her but was willing to waste $600 on N400 because my N400 will ultimately be denied because my 751 was pending.

I have been going throught something very similar. My I-751 has been delayed for almost two years.

I waited and thought it would run its course and that we will eventually get a reply. That never happened. So we went ahead and made several phone calls to USCIS customer service and spoke to a tier-2 person. Each time they said it was waiting for the interview. The interesting thing is that my case online was never updated. Anyway, we eventaully made an infopass appointment and went into the local office and they they said the case was not a priority and they had other cases to adjuciate that required immediate attention. We again waitied but with 6 more months having gone past with no update, we had our congressman write in and demand an explanation. His office was told that there was a large backlog and they are working on those. Two months later we hired an attorney and he suggested we check in for the reason first (whom we paid $500) and all he did was go in and make the same infopass appointment that we did. that was a complete waste of money and from our experience I dont recommend that at all.

We got a new attorney who told us to file the N-400 as that will force them to work on your I-751. Its been a few months and we are still waiting.

I have a concern because I guess my 751 will also follow the same path be in the future I also have to follow the same path of applying N400 .

There can be a possibility that bypassing the Immigration "Officer" who is adjudicating our pending 751 gets pissed off that we bypassed him or her and directly applied for N400 and trying to force the Officer to do his or her job.This could be a important factor for persons who are trying to remove conditions under some kind of waiver .It just came to my mind.Please expert people guide us here.

I have a concern because I guess my 751 will also follow the same path be in the future I also have to follow the same path of applying N400 .

There can be a possibility that bypassing the Immigration "Officer" who is adjudicating our pending 751 gets pissed off that we bypassed him or her and directly applied for N400 and trying to force the Officer to do his or her job.This could be a important factor for persons who are trying to remove conditions under some kind of waiver .It just came to my mind.Please expert people guide us here.

Applying for the N-400 before the ROC is processed is not bypassing anything. You are eligible to file for USC after being a LPR for 3 years and having been married to a USC for 3+ years. No where does it state you must have the conditions removed to file the N-400. It is the fault of the USCIS that their proessing times are so long and that your case fo ROC did not get completed in the expected 90 days. Your processing time is coming up on 365 days. That is totally unacceptable. So you should file for USC if that is your desire when eligible. If the officer gets pissed that is his/her problem. You should be pissed that your ROC has taken so long.

Dave

Timeline

Makes lot of sense.

I am done gathering my paper work etc and will mail N-400 on January 2 ,2015.

1 question.In part 1 about eligibility to apply do I have to check box 1# That I have been a permanent resident of the united states for at least 5 years

OR check box 5 # Other( explain): and mention "That I have been a Conditional Permanent resident for 5 years...

Any input / advise Thanks

Timeline

I think its 5 years. You have been LPR for 5 years even if its conditional.

"Other" I think is for other reasons.

THANKS Sooooo much.

was confused between these 2 options but was more inclined for "5 years"

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I have been going throught something very similar. My I-751 has been delayed for almost two years.

I waited and thought it would run its course and that we will eventually get a reply. That never happened. So we went ahead and made several phone calls to USCIS customer service and spoke to a tier-2 person. Each time they said it was waiting for the interview. The interesting thing is that my case online was never updated. Anyway, we eventaully made an infopass appointment and went into the local office and they they said the case was not a priority and they had other cases to adjuciate that required immediate attention. We again waitied but with 6 more months having gone past with no update, we had our congressman write in and demand an explanation. His office was told that there was a large backlog and they are working on those. Two months later we hired an attorney and he suggested we check in for the reason first (whom we paid $500) and all he did was go in and make the same infopass appointment that we did. that was a complete waste of money and from our experience I dont recommend that at all.

We got a new attorney who told us to file the N-400 as that will force them to work on your I-751. Its been a few months and we are still waiting.

I applied for N -400 and got the NOA on 1/13/2015.

Atlhm:Did you receive interview notice in re to your N 400 application ?

Timeline

I have not. I am still waiting.

I guess maximum time to get interview notice is 4-5 months,so I am expecting in June-July.But its too hard to predict.

When did you send your N 400 ?

Filed: Timeline

I guess maximum time to get interview notice is 4-5 months,so I am expecting in June-July.But its too hard to predict.

When did you send your N 400 ?

I sent mine in Oct. I have noticed that most of the people who chose to participate on the n400 forums here and who filed in Oct 2014 have received atleast the notification informing them they have been put in line for an interview. As much as I was expecting that with mine too it seems i am one of the very few still left where the online status is still the stale old "case was received" screen.

I honestly havent a clue as to what is causing the hold up.

Timeline

Yeah I checked October fillers form your area (Dallas, TX). most of them got in line interview notice .

I guess our N 400 has triggered 751 and may be they are working on our pending 751 but who knows.I hope you should be receiving notification by the end of january.

Online status ,don't worry much about that ,as it is very inconsistent .My friend got his citizenship in 2012 and his online case status is still showing that he has been scheduled for the interview !!!.

Timeline

I sent mine in Oct. I have noticed that most of the people who chose to participate on the n400 forums here and who filed in Oct 2014 have received atleast the notification informing them they have been put in line for an interview. As much as I was expecting that with mine too it seems i am one of the very few still left where the online status is still the stale old "case was received" screen.

I honestly havent a clue as to what is causing the hold up.

Atlhm

Any update for N 400 case.People from October 2014 are getting oath dates now.

If you are happily married and have joint petition for I-751 I guess you should contact Ombudsman OR just file writ of Mandamus.If I were at your place I would have definitely filed a case against USCIS ,they cannot keep me waiting,but my situation is little complex and at present immigration issues is not my priority ,I have other things to accomplish .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.