Dr.Sam77

I-751 JANUARY 2012 ---JUNE 2013 PETITIONS

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I filed my petition in October 2011 under waiver,interview May 2012,(I became CR in october 2009-divorce filed june 2010 got finalized June 2013 ),but petition is still pending.!!!

My interview with the I.O..May 7 2012.....

The I.O asked me why it was taking so long for my divorce to finalize and I replied with full confidence..."My american wife has contested the divorce in the court and she is asking for Annulment based on marriage fraud and has filed a response that we had never lived together and I married her to have the benefits of immigration that is why it is taking so long Officer " and the I.O started to stare at my face !!! and I continued telling the I.O that your American citizen is lying in the court to drag the divorce process so as to hamper my petition and asking $40,000.00 to mutually sign the divorce( I showed the emails by her lawyer to my lawyer asking money ) . I asked the I.O to give me ample amount of time to finish this divorce as I wanted to go the trial and was not willing to compromise .

I had provided ample amount of evidence to prove it was a legitimate marriage....I said to the i.O ...." Do you think officer a person like my background whose marriage was attended by little more than 1000 people ,you can see in the pictures,where no person was left uninvited can marry for your green card......and the I.O nodded her head and kept listening with full attention.

At the end I said.... "officer I know my divorce will not be finished in 84 days so I dont think I can submit my divorce decree in the time frame ( 84 days ) you are giving to me may be it will take more than a year" . At this I.O gave me 104 days i.e 20 more days and said .." if you are not able to finish the divorce in this much time frame then we will see what we can do "

Anyone pending like my situation pls reply to this thread.Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Essentially duplicate thread closed. Please do not start any further threads on this topic (you have two open now). Your eagerness to gain information is understandable, but it's always best to post one thread where all replies can be received.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.