TheAndies

NOA2 Approval Thread - June 2014 TSC Filers

1,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Oh, take them with you. You might need something for AOS. I'm taking mine in case. We might need to build a library for all these forms, haha.

I just won't carry them in my messenger bag. Who are you flying with?

Im definitely taking everything with me. Im just wondering should I bring them in my carry on. Im flying with delta. Im assuming I don't need them until the aos part. And all the immigration at POE would need is the envelope.

Feb.23,2018: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Mar. 21, 2018: Received NOA

April.6,2018: Received extension letter 

April.24,2018: Waived Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Im definitely taking everything with me. Im just wondering should I bring them in my carry on. Im flying with delta. Im assuming I don't need them until the aos part. And all the immigration at POE would need is the envelope.

Yes, I was just thinking of space. Delta allows a personal item in addition to your carry-on, so I would be inclined to keep the Visa stuff in my messenger bag or personal bag and put the other stuff in the carry-on (I take a roller bag for my main cabin item).

Lee & William

8/2/2014 - Sent I-129F Petition with USPS by Express Mail    
8/4/2014 - I-129F delivered to dropbox    8/6/2014 - NOA1 Text/E-Mail received    8/11/2014 - Alien Registration Number Changed (Text/E-Mail) / NOA1 Letter received by Mail    3/16/2015 - NOA2 Text/E-Mail received (224 days)    3/20/2015 - Sent to NVC    3/31/2015 - NVC Received    4/1/2015 - Case Number Assigned       4/7/2015 - NVC Sent to Embassy    4/10/2015 - London Embassy Received    4/11/2015 - Medical     4/15/2015 - Packet 3 Received    4/12/2015 - Packet 3 Sent    4/23/2015 - Packet 4 Received    5/18/2015 - Interview - APPROVED     5/30/2015 - Visa collected from courier    6/1/2015 - POE    6/14/2015 - Wedding 💍💍

Our visa status changed to ISSUED! Can't wait to pick him up from the airport and start marriage preparations! Not looking forward to this AOS journey but I'm happy he'll be here with me for this part ☺️

woooooooooooooohooooooooooo

thank goodness - I was wondering when you were going to get going.

So im flying out May 5th. I'm taking the big envelope with me on plane. The one that says do not open. Do I need anything else with me other then passport? I don't want to carry all the other papers lol.

At JFK airport here in NYC - all my fiance needed was the yellow package. The immigration officer screamed at her for not being able to speak English at all - but in the end I told her that was for the best, as she probably avoided being asked a ton of questions.

She took less than 5 minutes total. :)

woooooooooooooohooooooooooo

thank goodness - I was wondering when you were going to get going.

Awwww thanks for checking in! I'm just waiting for the "passport is ready for pick up" email and he'll be on the first plane home to us! ??????????? Edited by AverysMom

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

1 year, 3 months and 8 days.

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Which makes our journey a total of:

2 years, 3 months, and 8 days

(L)"I remember the days I prayed for everything I have now." (L)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

Just mailed our AOS package :idea:

K1 VISA

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Bolivia

I-129F Sent : 2014-06-02

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-10

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-12-04

HARDCOPY OF NOA2: 2014-12-09
SENT TO NVC: 2014-12-09
RECEIVED AT NVC: 2014-12-16
CASE NUMBER: 2014-12-16
CASE SENT TO EMBASSY: 2014-12-19
EMBASSY RECEIVED: 2014-12-29
MEDICAL BOOKED: 2014-01-14
INTERVIEW DATE: 2015-01-28
VISA APPROVED!!!
VISA RECEIVED: 2015-02-10

AOS PACKAGE
AOS, AP, & EAD Sent: 2015-04-28
AOS, AP, & EAD Received: 2015-04-30
NOA1: 2015-05-04
BIOMETRICS: 2015-05-26
EAD APPROVED: 2015-07-13
NOA2 HARD COPY: 2015-07-18
EAD COMBO CARD RECEIVED: 2015-07-24
SOCIAL SECURITY RECEIVED: 2015-08-03
NOTICE OF POTENTIAL INTERVIEW WAIVER RECEIVED: 2015-09-14
AOS APPROVED: 2015-10-07
WELCOME NOTICE RECEIVED: 2015-10-13

GREEN CARD RECEIVED: 2015-10-19

I-751 PACKAGE
I-751 Sent: 2017-10-03
I-751 Received: 2017-10-04
NOA1: 2017-10-05
BIOMETRICS: 2017-10-31

My fiancé has his passport in hand and will be flying home to us in the morning!!!! :)

The total amount of days from the date I mailed in our K1 Visa application to the day my fiancé stepped foot into the USA:

The amount of days from the date we mailed in our AOS to the date everything was approved (after 3 RFEs):

7 months & 5 days

Yesss! Finally happy this part is over!!!! Can't wait to see him tomorrow :)

7 months & 5 days

Yesss! Finally happy this part is over!!!! Can't wait to see him tomorrow :)

Congratulations.

I hope he does better than my fiance. She was crazy homesick the first week -- and now she is like, whatever I am here...ugh

Hahahaha.

Congratulations.

I hope he does better than my fiance. She was crazy homesick the first week -- and now she is like, whatever I am here...ugh

Hahahaha.

Awww that's normal. Those were my exact feelings when I moved to DR a couple of years ago, but she's better than me because I took about two months to adjust lol

7 months & 5 days

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

FINALLY ... and after 323 days (100 days of them our file was lost between USCIS and NVC) we've got the visa approval TODAY :dancing::thumbs:;)

That's amazing!! Best of luck to you and Avery'sMom on your journey to US.

I'm needing prayers for my fiance in AP :( I'm so worried about this and have no idea how long it'll be before I can finally have him here. It's breaking my heart :(

That's amazing!! Best of luck to you and Avery'sMom on your journey to US.

I'm needing prayers for my fiance in AP :( I'm so worried about this and have no idea how long it'll be before I can finally have him here. It's breaking my heart :(

Thank you!

Ugh, I know firsthand the agonizing dread of being in AP. It was the hardest part of this whole journey and we spent many nights on the phone in silence with nothing to say because of it. Just know there's a light at the end of AP, and that you have the support of others here in the same situation.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, it took me being in AP to really understand what that meant.

You are in my prayers :)

7 months & 5 days

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So im flying out May 5th. I'm taking the big envelope with me on plane. The one that says do not open. Do I need anything else with me other then passport? I don't want to carry all the other papers lol.

Ayla, everyone,

You should ways carry any papers with personal information of any kind, along with any valuables and electronics in your carry on. The baggage that's checked is opened at multiple points along the way and you don't know who will be touching your things, including, if you leave the papers in there, your identity. It may weigh you down a bit more, but nothing will be as bad as having your valuables stolen or your bank accounts emptied.

Congrats and safe travels!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.