TheAndies

NOA2 Approval Thread - June 2014 TSC Filers

1,063 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I'm still stuck waiting for packet 3 :( I contacted the embassy several times and did not get any response. I have my senator following up with them and I hope they will respond soon

Hey, I saw you FINALLY received Packet 3. Congrats!! Would you mind sharing what's in it? We're also waiting for ours. Thanks! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey, I saw you FINALLY received Packet 3. Congrats!! Would you mind sharing what's in it? We're also waiting for ours. Thanks! :)

Yeahhh finally :) actually what happened is we kept waiting and waiting and didn't hear from embassy. We even filled out that online information request form. Nothing. But thank God I had sent in a request with my senator to get information on my case. It was before NOA2 and after I got that I kinda forgot about it. But I it this letter last week and called him to let him know what was happening. He contacted the embassy and they sent him an email saying that theh emailed me back when they received the case. But the problem was they wrote my email address incorrectly and I didn't get the email. So they forwarded the email to the senator who forwarded it to me and finally I have it :) so fingers crossed they will send you the email and you'll get it on time. I would defo say though that if it's been about a week or so since the status says "ready" then go ahead and think about sending the documents in.

Here is what I got in the email

K1/K3 Instruction Packet 3.5 Electronic Version

Dear Applicant,

We are pleased to inform you that we have received your K1/K3 visa file. The next step is to gather together your documents and send them by courier to the Immigrant Visa Unit. Please follow the instructions below:

1. Electronic Visa Application Forms

Please complete the DS-160 electronic visa application form - https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/. After the form has been submitted, you will be able to print out a confirmation page showing your photo and a barcode. This confirmation page must be submitted to the Immigrant Visa Unit prior to your interview.

2. Civil Documents

The following civil documents are required. Please note that you will need to submit an English translation for all documents. You must also submit one photocopy of each original document.

· Original birth certificates with English translation and one photocopy.

· Marriage certificate for any current or prior marriages, along with Urdu nika namas, if applicable. Include English translations and one set of photocopies.

· Divorce/death certificates for any prior spouses, if applicable. Include English translations and one set of photocopies.

· Police certificate(s) from any country where you are currently living or have lived for more than one year after the age of 16 (not required for time spent in the U.S., Pakistan, Afghanistan or India). Include English translations and one set of photocopies.

· 2 visa photos against a white background, measuring 2x2 inches. Please note that photos must be natural and not edited. We highly recommend that all applicants review our photo guidelines to make sure the photos are correct before submitting them to the Immigrant Visa Unit. Please right click here and select open hyperlink for more information on photos.

· Copies of the first 2 pages of each applicants passport. It is particularly important that we have a photocopy of any pages listing your personal information (name, date of birth, place of birth) and showing your photo. Please do not mail your passport to the Immigrant Visa Unit, instead, bring it with you to the interview.

3. Affidavit of Support

All K1 and K3 visa applicants must submit an Affidavit of Support (form I-134) along with the petitioners latest U.S. income federal tax returns. If the petitioner is unemployed or has a low income, the applicant should find an additional joint sponsor (form I-864) who will be willing to complete an I-864 Affidavit of Support. The joint sponsor will also need to submit proof of their U.S. residency status (such as a copy of their U.S. passport, naturalization certificate or green card) and their most recent federal income tax returns. The I-134 and I-864 forms can be downloaded from the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov.

4. Sending Your Documents to the Consulate

Once you have gathered together all the above-mentioned documents, including your DS-160 confirmation page printout please send them to the Immigrant Visa Unit by courier service. The location of our official couriers throughout Pakistan can be found at the following website: http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/courier_services.html. Applicants living outside Pakistan should submit their documents through any reliable courier service such as Federal Express, DHL, UPS, etc. to: Attention: Consular/Immigrant Visa Unit, U.S. Embassy, Diplomatic Enclave, Ramna 5, Islamabad, Pakistan.

After the documents are received at the Immigrant Visa Unit, we will review the file. If all the required items have been submitted, we will schedule you for a visa interview at the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad and send you an appointment letter. You will then need to use the appointment letter to schedule a medical examination appointment at one of our designated panel physicians.

5. Medical Examination Report

Once you have received an appointment letter from the Immigrant Visa Unit, please schedule an appointment with one of the Embassys designated panel physicians for a mandatory medical examination. All individuals immigrating to the U.S. must have a medical examination, regardless of age. The list of panel physicians and information about the examination process are available in the attached MS Word document. Please do not open the envelope. You do NOT need to bring your chest X-rays to the Embassy.

On the day of your interview at the Embassy, please make sure to bring the following items with you to the appointment:

· Your valid passport and all previous passports (if any).

· Cash money for the visa application fee, if applicable. For information on visa fees right click here select open hyperlink.

· Evidence of your relationship to your fiancée (such as photos, emails, letters, phone bills, remittance receipts, etc.)

· The sealed medical examination report.

We hope this information will be helpful to you. Please contact us via web based email at http://islamabad.usembassy.gov/contact-information/visa-inquiries.html if you require any further information.

Sincerely,

Immigration Visa Unit

U.S. Embassy, Islamabad

<KM10>

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Oh thanks so much for this!!! So helpful. Naqeeb has gone back to Lahore until the information is sent, and NVC still has the application, but he's already submitted the forms (I sent him our case number) and is anxiously awaiting the next steps. Praying your interview date is assigned soon! Insha'Allah we'll be with our loved ones soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone, a fellow June filer here still waiting for their NOA2. I'm starting to get very depressed but seeing you all move forward is giving me hope.

8/10/2015 - Married

9/15/2015 - Mailed AOS packages

9/16/2015 - USPS Tracking confirms delivery

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

JUST TALKED TO MARIA!

WE ARE APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred: No

Consulate: San Jose, Costa Rica

I-129F sent: 06/16/2014

NOA1: 06/24/2014

NOA2: 12/17/2014

Sent to NVC: 12/23/2014

NVC Arrived: 01/05/2014

NVC Left: 01/07/2014

Arrived to the Embassy: 01/23/2014

Packet 3 Received (Email) : 01/29/2015

Case Ready for Interview: 01/29/2015

Medical Date: 2/16/2015

Interview Date : 02/24/2015 APPROVED!!!!!!!!

Visa in Hand: 03/01/2015

US Port of Entry: FLL - 03/12/2015

Marriage Date in Fort Worth: 03/21/2015

JUST TALKED TO MARIA!

CONGRATULATIONS JOSH!!!!!!!! So excited for you guys!!!!! :dancing: :joy: :dancing:

K-1 Visa Journey:

Transferred? No

Consulate: London, United Kingdom

Engaged in Greece: 2014-04-20

I-129F Sent: 2014-05-30

NOA1: 2014-06-05

RFE: 2014-11-12

RFE Reply Received: 2014-11-20

NOA2: 2014-12-09

Case Sent to NVC: 2014-12-12

NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 2014-12-16

NVC Received Case: 2014-12-19

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2014-12-19

Case Sent to Consulate: 2014-12-23

Case "Ready" at Consulate: 2015-01-05

Medical: 2015-01-12

Interview: 2015-02-11 APPROVED!!!!!

Visa Received: 2015-02-20 :)

US Entry Date: 2015-04-11

Married at NYC City Hall: 2015-04-17

AOS Journey:

I-485/I-131/I-765 Sent to Chicago Lockbox: 2015-04-23

NOA1: 2015-05-04

RFE: 2015-05-22

Biometrics: 2015-05-26

RFE Reply Received: 2015/07/10

EAD/AP Approved: 2015/08/28

AOS Approved: 2015/11/23 :dancing:

GC Recieved: 2015/12/3 - WRONG DATA!!! :cry:But I passed my NY State drivers test on the same day!

I-90 Filed: 2015/12/4
NOA 1: 2016/1/2
Biometrics: 2016/1/20
Expedite case request: 2016/4/4
Infopass appointment: 2016/4/15
Expedite case approved: 2016/4/20

NEW GC Recieved: 2016/4/27 :)Drivers license 'temp visitor' removed: 2016/5/11 (now a people again!!!)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Yeaaayyy!!!

Great news!!! Hope you get to see her soon!

JUST TALKED TO MARIA!

Feb.23,2018: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Mar. 21, 2018: Received NOA

April.6,2018: Received extension letter 

April.24,2018: Waived Biometrics

Timeline

Yeaaayyy!!!

Great news!!! Hope you get to see her soon!

i am actually flying down to costa rica next week!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

JUST TALKED TO MARIA!

Congratulations, God bless you!

AOS --
04/02/2016 - sent AOS package (AOS,EAD,AP)
04/04/2016 - received at USCIS Chicago
04/19/2016 - money order cashed
04/22/2016 - hard copy NOA received by mail

04/28/2016- received Biometrics Appointment Latter

05/12/2016- Biometrics 8:00 am Atlanta

07/05/2016- Approval notice Case type I485

07/09/2016- Received letter by mail

07/11/2016- Received green card by mail ( my green card in hand, so so so happy)

Have faith in God. "But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind." James 1: 6

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

That's great!!! Are you flying back together??

i am actually flying down to costa rica next week!

Feb.23,2018: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Mar. 21, 2018: Received NOA

April.6,2018: Received extension letter 

April.24,2018: Waived Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

APPROVED!!!!!!!! YAY!! I get to see her in 2 days! Flying out to germany to see her! Best of luck to all those who have interviews the rest of the week and thank you to everyone for your support. We need to start a Post- US arrival page thread for people in this batch!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi every body

sometimes it's insane to keep venting and complaining about individual case. I know that and i feel shame about it. But it's something that drive me and my fiancee crazy.

our petition got approved on December 2nd 2014, it was a great news after waiting for 175 days. then the huge surprise has started. it's been now for 85 days and our file is in somewhere out there and I think it's got tired and decided to take his leaves to go to rest in the Canaries, why not? of course I mean our file!!!

2 months of trying every kind of requests, ombudsmen, calling senators, calling congressmen, hiring lawyer and of course keeping calling on both of them USCIS and NVC and we ended up with this statement:

IT'S ODD, IT'S REALLY ODD. thanks for letting us to know it's odd.

USCIS kept saying that on December 5th they sent our file out to the department of state,......... GOD JOB!!!

NVC kept saying that they haven't received the file yet,....... mmmm ATA BOY!!!

congressmen, senators and everyone with authority promised that they WOULD help us,...... EXCELLENT!!!

to be honest I think it's done and no one wants to have responsibility.

it's only 2-3 weeks for all people to have done with NVC, for us it's been for 13 weeks till now.

BTW everyone we tried to contact congratulated us for our petition being approved, Hilarious!!!

now we need answers. All we want is to know where on earth our file is??

if someone has answers, we will really appreciate that.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

APPROVED!!!!!!!! YAY!! I get to see her in 2 days! Flying out to germany to see her! Best of luck to all those who have interviews the rest of the week and thank you to everyone for your support. We need to start a Post- US arrival page thread for people in this batch!

Congrats!

Timeline

That's great!!! Are you flying back together??

Yes! we are flying back together on the 11th. But before... a well deserve vacation!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.