TheAndies

NOA2 Approval Thread - June 2014 TSC Filers

1,063 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

OMG!!!!!!!!!! i am so stupid... :wow:

Soooooo i was thinking why isn't my status showing on the NVC website. Decide to call them been on hold for 40 minutes. I go the the CEAC screen. And i think.... Weren't the first 3 letters from the embassy it's supposed to go 2?

I thought the lady said AMF... So i tried AMS (for Amsterdam obviously)

And it workssss :dancing: :joy:

I knowwwwww dont judge lol!

Feb.23,2018: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Mar. 21, 2018: Received NOA

April.6,2018: Received extension letter 

April.24,2018: Waived Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So my fiance failed his drug test. He went back to the doctor and asked for a copy of his medical exam and the doctor told him he had trace amounts of marijuana in his system, likely from second hand smoke since it was so small. I told my fiance to refrain from smoking or being around people smoking marijuana. While he quit smoking it over a year ago, that hasn't stopped him from hanging around friends and family who continue to smoke it on a regular basis. Naturally I was absolutely livid and his meek response was he didn't take me serious when I explained to him how second hand smoke can get into your system because Moroccans have never heard of such a thing. Now he is absolutely depressed and miserable because we don't know where we stand as far as our K1 goes. The embassy said they would contact him and have not done so as of yet, but when he returned to see the doctor, the doctor said it would be about 3 months from now to return to Casablanca to do another drug test. I told him screw that, and keep contacting the embassy until we get a definitive answer as to the status of our case; don't wait for them to contact him in that long when there is a possibility we may have to start completely over from scratch. If we have to refile again, I'm not sure if we will file another K1 with an address for CSC or if we will go the CR1 option again. I'm so angry with him I can barely function when it comes to matters of the K1. I have cursed and screamed the doctor to hell and here it was my own idiot fiance idiotically sitting like a bump on a log while his friends smoke weed all day in his face allowing him to inhale the smoke as well. I am beyond furious that he dismissed my advice once again on the ground of "cultural" roles. I've heard different threads say one year ban, permanent ban, denied until you pass another drug test ban. I haven't found anything on the internet about what happens next, so since I'm currently out of the country, I have to either wait until I get home to call him, or wait until his video chat service is up and running to hear what the embassy has to say. Our status on CEAC still says refused, check paper received at interview. That paper basically says you have one year to submit missing medical documents. I'm going to ask Imad because I'm not sure, but because the doctor says it will be three months before the embassy calls him to take another drug test, which means the doctor did turn in the medical and knows how this is how it goes as he said this is actually a common reason for denial which means in 3 months he will be issued a visa if he passes and that nullifies the whole one year ban/4 drug test for a year thing. The doctor did have a heart to heart with Imad and encouraged him to refrain from being around marijuana at all. He also told him to wait for the embassy to contact him and then call him immediately once they do. I'm sorry, but not sorry, I personally can't sit around and just wait for the embassy to randomly contact him 3 months later and say "Hey we know you failed your drug test 3 months ago. Can you come up here sometime and take another one so we can see if you still qualify for a visa?" I'm a control freak and a strong believer in if you want something done, you have to do it yourself because otherwise other people will f#ck it up. We need to know now with a definitive yes or no will they contact him in 3 months or not so that we can move on to the next step instead of wasting time trying to figure out what's next in our case. I'm so over the State Department, Immigrations, and this whole nonsense. I'll be so glad when we are done with them. In the mean time, I have a bone headed fiance to deal with since I'm not giving up on him . .

Edited by alicia98981

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2014-06-07
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-21

NVC Received : 2014-12-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2014-12-10

NVC Left: 2014-12-11

Consulate Received: 2014-12-17

Packet 3 Received: 2014-12-29

Interview Date: 2015-01-12

Refusal due to failed drug test, required one year of drug tests

Final Drug Test: 2016-01-21; PASSED

A few days later the embassy called:

PETITION EXPIRED - RETURNED TO USCIS

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Married : May 7, 2016

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-23

Transferred : 2016-10-12

I-130 NOA2 : 2016-11-08

NVC Received : 2016-12-01

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2016-12-08

Submit Ds-261 : 2016-12-03

Receive IV Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay IV Bill : 2016-12-30

Send IV Package: 2016-12-08

Checklist: 2017-03-31

Case Completed at NVC2017-05-01

Interview Date: 2017-06-06

Interview Result : Administrative Processing 

Visa In Hand: September 28, 2017

POE: October 19, 2017 - JFK

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

So my fiance failed his drug test. He went back to the doctor and asked for a copy of his medical exam and the doctor told him he had trace amounts of marijuana in his system, likely from second hand smoke since it was so small. I told my fiance to refrain from smoking or being around people smoking marijuana. While he quit smoking it over a year ago, that hasn't stopped him from hanging around friends and family who continue to smoke it on a regular basis. Naturally I was absolutely livid and his meek response was he didn't take me serious when I explained to him how second hand smoke can get into your system because Moroccans have never heard of such a thing. Now he is absolutely depressed and miserable because we don't know where we stand as far as our K1 goes. The embassy said they would contact him and have not done so as of yet, but when he returned to see the doctor, the doctor said it would be about 3 months from now to return to Casablanca to do another drug test. I told him screw that, and keep contacting the embassy until we get a definitive answer as to the status of our case; don't wait for them to contact him in that long when there is a possibility we may have to start completely over from scratch. If we have to refile again, I'm not sure if we will file another K1 with an address for CSC or if we will go the CR1 option again. I'm so angry with him I can barely function when it comes to matters of the K1. I have cursed and screamed the doctor to hell and here it was my own idiot fiance idiotically sitting like a bump on a log while his friends smoke weed all day in his face allowing him to inhale the smoke as well. I am beyond furious that he dismissed my advice once again on the ground of "cultural" roles. I've heard different threads say one year ban, permanent ban, denied until you pass another drug test ban. I haven't found anything on the internet about what happens next, so since I'm currently out of the country, I have to either wait until I get home to call him, or wait until his video chat service is up and running to hear what the embassy has to say. Our status on CEAC still says refused, check paper received at interview. That paper basically says you have one year to submit missing medical documents. I'm going to ask Imad because I'm not sure, but because the doctor says it will be three months before the embassy calls him to take another drug test, which means the doctor did turn in the medical and knows how this is how it goes as he said this is actually a common reason for denial which means in 3 months he will be issued a visa if he passes and that nullifies the whole one year ban/4 drug test for a year thing. The doctor did have a heart to heart with Imad and encouraged him to refrain from being around marijuana at all. He also told him to wait for the embassy to contact him and then call him immediately once they do. I'm sorry, but not sorry, I personally can't sit around and just wait for the embassy to randomly contact him 3 months later and say "Hey we know you failed your drug test 3 months ago. Can you come up here sometime and take another one so we can see if you still qualify for a visa?" I'm a control freak and a strong believer in if you want something done, you have to do it yourself because otherwise other people will f#ck it up. We need to know now with a definitive yes or no will they contact him in 3 months or not so that we can move on to the next step instead of wasting time trying to figure out what's next in our case. I'm so over the State Department, Immigrations, and this whole nonsense. I'll be so glad when we are done with them. In the mean time, I have a bone headed fiance to deal with since I'm not giving up on him . .

so sorry to hear that, was it a urine test?

K-1 Visa

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate: Mumbai, India

Met at University in UK: 2010

Engaged in India: 03/31/2014

I-129F Sent: 06/20/2014

NOA1: 06/25/2014

NOA2: 12/16/2014

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 12/23/2014

Case Sent to NVC: 12/23/2014

NVC Case Number Assigned: 01/05/2015

Case Sent to Consulate: 01/08/2015

Case "Ready" at Consulate: 01/09/2015

Applied for PCC: 01/20/2015

PCC in hand: 02/23/2015

Medical: 01/23/2015

Completed DS-160 and paid visa fee: 02/20/2015

Interview: 03/13/2015 APPROVED :)--> Same day went into AP

Visa "issued" on CEAC webstie: 03/16/2015

:goofy: :goofy: Visa in hand! 03/18/2015 :goofy::goofy:

POE: 06/04/2015 :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

AOS Journey

06.11.2015- City Hall Wedding

06.29.2015- Mailed AOS Package

07.01.2015 - Package Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

07.02.2015- Date Received as per USCIS

07.09.2015- NOA1 for EAD/AP

07.24.2015- RFE :ranting:

08.13.2015- USCIS accepted RFE response

09.08.2015- EAD received

Waiting for the interview :clock:

12.19.2015 WE GOT THE GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL!!!!! No interview :)

ROC

10.25.2017 ROC packet received by VT Service Center

11.02.2017- Received NOA dated 10.26.2017

11.29.17- Completed Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes and he is an idiot because keeps saying "in my culture" and I keep saying "well in America. . . blah blah blah . . . JAIL! You can't do that in America Imad!

Service Center : Texas Service Center
I-129F Sent : 2014-06-07
I-129F NOA1 : 2014-06-11
I-129F NOA2 : 2014-11-21

NVC Received : 2014-12-09

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned: 2014-12-10

NVC Left: 2014-12-11

Consulate Received: 2014-12-17

Packet 3 Received: 2014-12-29

Interview Date: 2015-01-12

Refusal due to failed drug test, required one year of drug tests

Final Drug Test: 2016-01-21; PASSED

A few days later the embassy called:

PETITION EXPIRED - RETURNED TO USCIS

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Married : May 7, 2016

I-130 Sent : 2016-05-20

I-130 NOA1 : 2016-05-23

Transferred : 2016-10-12

I-130 NOA2 : 2016-11-08

NVC Received : 2016-12-01

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay AOS Bill : 2016-12-03

Send AOS Package : 2016-12-08

Submit Ds-261 : 2016-12-03

Receive IV Bill : 2016-12-03

Pay IV Bill : 2016-12-30

Send IV Package: 2016-12-08

Checklist: 2017-03-31

Case Completed at NVC2017-05-01

Interview Date: 2017-06-06

Interview Result : Administrative Processing 

Visa In Hand: September 28, 2017

POE: October 19, 2017 - JFK

Soooooo i was thinking why isn't my status showing on the NVC website. Decide to call them been on hold for 40 minutes. I go the the CEAC screen. And i think.... Weren't the first 3 letters from the embassy it's supposed to go 2?

Did it take you long to get someone on the line when u called nvc? I just keep getting the "please try again" message

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

So thats why you guys got denier :(

So sorry! I hope there is something you can still do! He needs to stop hanging with those people period.

Did it take you long to get someone on the line when u called nvc? I just keep getting the "please try again" message

Took me 30 minutes. But I had to redial about 40 times.

Feb.23,2018: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Mar. 21, 2018: Received NOA

April.6,2018: Received extension letter 

April.24,2018: Waived Biometrics

Timeline

Has anyone worked on the DS 160 yet? We started filling it out and we have the same question we had when filling out G 325a for my fiance in the beginning. His mom re-married and his step-dad officially adopted him, so when we submitted the initial application we put his bio-dad's details on G325a and attached all the documents demonstrating he has been adopted by his step-father.

The DS 160 is now asking for the parents' names again, so do we just follow what we did before or should we now list his step dad?

K-1 Visa

Transferred? No

AOS Journey

09.08.2015- EAD received

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone worked on the DS 160 yet? We started filling it out and we have the same question we had when filling out G 325a for my fiance in the beginning. His mom re-married and his step-dad officially adopted him, so when we submitted the initial application we put his bio-dad's details on G325a and attached all the documents demonstrating he has been adopted by his step-father.

The DS 160 is now asking for the parents' names again, so do we just follow what we did before or should we now list his step dad?

I have no freaking idea what the answer is. I swear you guys can come up with issues I never dreamed of. Id hate to work in immigration. Wow. My case seems so simple now. :) Can someone help this poster. I can't even make a guess.

Timeline

I have no freaking idea what the answer is. I swear you guys can come up with issues I never dreamed of. Id hate to work in immigration. Wow. My case seems so simple now. :) Can someone help this poster. I can't even make a guess.

Lol you see, this is why immigration lawyers are always so busy and expensive. :)

K-1 Visa

Transferred? No

AOS Journey

09.08.2015- EAD received

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

LOL :D

K1

June 27, 2014: I-129F packet sent

July 03, 2014: NOA1

January 09, 2015: NOA2 (190 days)

January 14: Sent to NVC

January 16: NOA2 hard copy

April, 6: Medical

April, 7: Interview/Approved

April 29: Visa received (FINALLY)

May 25: POE - Fort Lauderdale, FL

__

AOS

August 05, 2015: AOS sent

August 12: NOA1 (e-mail)

September 04: Biometrics

October 20: EAD/AP Approved (no text&email)

October 22: EAD/AP mailed

October 26: EAD/AP delivered

November 27: GC Approved/produced
December 02: GC mailed

December 05: GC Delivered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's possible call and ask them about it? I know call immigration is a pain but maybe, maybe on this case they can actually help

K1

June 27, 2014: I-129F packet sent

July 03, 2014: NOA1

January 09, 2015: NOA2 (190 days)

January 14: Sent to NVC

January 16: NOA2 hard copy

April, 6: Medical

April, 7: Interview/Approved

April 29: Visa received (FINALLY)

May 25: POE - Fort Lauderdale, FL

__

AOS

August 05, 2015: AOS sent

August 12: NOA1 (e-mail)

September 04: Biometrics

October 20: EAD/AP Approved (no text&email)

October 22: EAD/AP mailed

October 26: EAD/AP delivered

November 27: GC Approved/produced
December 02: GC mailed

December 05: GC Delivered

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I'm for getting a professional/informed opinion too because it seems that the initial document should have been completed with your step-father's information because he is your legal paternal parent, your biological father isn't a factor anymore. I agree that the adoption papers should be included no matter whose name goes on the father line. BUT - I DO NOT HAVE DIRECT KNOWLEDGE.

I-751

NOA8/11/17

Well, I am not sure on whether a friend can co-sponsor or not. So far, all the posts I have seen on here involves a family member. You might want to start a new thread to ask if others have had their friends co-sponsor. Just in my opinion, if you do plan to ask your friend for co-sponsor, you should seriously think carefully and make sure your friend knows what he/she is getting into. Your friend will be ultimately responsible for your fiancee's financials once she gets here. I believe it would be until your fiancee gets her green card or longer.

I will find a job within a month. I don't have any family member in USA. I am only one who live in US. I have a friend who can co- sponsor if I ask to him. how about a friend? Can he co-sponsor ?

Timeline

I'm for getting a professional/informed opinion too because it seems that the initial document should have been completed with your step-father's information because he is your legal paternal parent, your biological father isn't a factor anymore. I agree that the adoption papers should be included no matter whose name goes on the father line. BUT - I DO NOT HAVE DIRECT KNOWLEDGE.

Thanks for responding everyone and apologies for causing ya'll confusion. The adoption papers were already sent with the initial application and seemed to be ok, we got NOA2 without questions. We were actually advised by an immigration attorney to put the bio dad's info because he is still living and attach the adoption stuff. I'll tell my dear fiance to call the US Consulate in Mumbai and square it away with them, although I bet you they would be like "O_o we don't know." We are currently waiting for his PCC, it actually turned out to be a bit of a pain and included a home visit !

Happy Friday everyone! Hope all your journeys are going smoothly!

K-1 Visa

Transferred? No

AOS Journey

09.08.2015- EAD received

ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.