ashp

I hate VSC/NVC

50 posts in this topic

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Congressman will find out what happened for you. I personally don't have faith in NVC becaue all they did for me was send a canned letterhead with a box checked that said check with the consulate. They did that based on my faulty NOA2 that said it was 'forwarded to the listed consulate', so none of them really know the overall process cause the top department, DHS obviously didn't do a good job informing anybody.

So don't wait 3 weeks for the NVC to send you a stupid notice that says check with somebody else! :devil:

Only way now is your Congressman or Senator! Good luck mann! :)

Well, we left our details as the person who deals with this type of thing was out of the office, but they promised to pass over our details for them tomorrow. Being up in Maine they can't be _that_ busy, *grin*, so hopefully we'll hear back.

Very good, if you haven't already also get the authorization document off of their website and fax or mail it to them cause the may need your authorization to get your information. Hope you find out something soon.

For me its going great now, the assistant from the embassy emailed me and told me our petition was received and sent me instructions and documents etc that she needs to fill out for the interview. So essentially an electronic Package 3! :yes:

Edited by LookyWhatIFound

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

wow this situation is so scary. i can't believe something like this happens. i'm so sorry you're going through this.good luck with finding the app. i hope its found fast and the rest of your process goes more smoothly!

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
wow this situation is so scary. i can't believe something like this happens. i'm so sorry you're going through this.good luck with finding the app. i hope its found fast and the rest of your process goes more smoothly!

the annoying thing is that the file can't actually be "lost" because, as soonerkiev points out, the physical location of every file is very easily trackable with the "wanding" system. the good thing is that with a simple phone call the congressman can get the file traced immediately and back on track in a matter of days. when the rest of us call to complain, we get the run-around. at least VJ lets you find some release and some ways of figuring out and fixing the problem. uscis should sponsor this site because it is far more helpful and the forum users far more knowledgeable than their customer service representatives.

APR 25, 2006 ARRIVE IN KENYA FOR PH.D. DISSERTATION RESEARCH

JUL 07, 2006 MEET AT CHECK-INN CLUB IN BUSIA, KENYA

SEPT 25, 2006 RETURN TO US

OCT 18, 2006 I129F SUBMITTED

OCT 24, 2006 NOA1 I129F

OCT 24, 2006 BACK TO KENYA

NOV 18, 2006 PROPOSED IN MOMBASA, KENYA (SHE SAID "YES"!)

DEC 26, 2006 NOA2 I129F

DEC 27, 2006 RETURN FROM KENYA

JANUARY, 2006 NVC CAN'T LOCATE PETITION

FEB 14, 2007 LETTERS SENT TO CONGRESSMEN

FEB 15, 2007 CIS CUSTOMER SERVICE SENDS EMAIL TO CSC REQUESTING TRACE ON MY PETITION (SHOULD HEAR BACK W/IN 45 DAYS)

FEB 19, 2007 APPROVED PETITION TOUCHED

FEB 21, 2007 EMAIL FROM CONGRESSMAN'S OFFICE SAYING PETITION HAS JUST BEEN RECEIVED BY NVC

FEB 23, 2007 PETITION SENT TO US EMBASSY IN NAIROBI, KENYA

MAR 5, 2007 PICKED UP PACKET 3/4 FROM EMBASSY

MAR 26, 2007 RETURNED PACKET 3 TO EMBASSY

APR 12, 2007 RETURNED MEDICAL EXAM RESULTS TO EMBASSY, HAD INTERVIEW, AND WAS APPROVED!

APR 26, 2007 PICKED-UP VISA FROM EMBASSY

APR 28-29, 2007 NAIROBI-ZURICH-CHICAGO-DETROIT-ANN ARBOR

JUL 3, 2007 WEDDING IN LAS VEGAS

JUL 30, 2007 MAIL AOS, EAD, AP APPLICATIONS

SEPT 8, 2007 CHECK CASHED

OCT 24, 2007 AP APPROVED

NOV 5, 2007 EAD APPROVED

NOV 6, 2007 EAD IN MAIL

JAN 22, 2008 INTERVIEW -- APPROVED!

Jacinta is a conditional permanent resident alien!

.....and I thought once you've filed with VSC everything would go smooth and fast....guess I was wrong!!! This is really annoying :( I hope your petition will be back on track within this week!!!! Hang in there...

TIMELINE :

Nov 16th, 2006 Sent I-129F to VSC - overnighted

Nov 20th, 2006 NOA1

Dec 4th, 2006 NOA2 !!!!! Dang...that was fast.. thank you GOD....

Dec 12th, 2006 E-mail from NVC : Petition forwarded to US Embassy in Jakarta, Indonesia

Dec 14th, 2006 E-mail from US Embassy in Jakarta : Packet 3

Jan 08th, 2007 Medical exam! --- Done! Dunno the result tho......... =/

Feb 06th, 2007 Sent packet 3 back to the Embassy with DHL!!!

Feb 15th, 2007 Packet 4 (By phone...)

Feb 22nd, 2007 Interview date!! - VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Apr 15th, 2007 POE : Detroit

May 04th, 2007 Barefoot wedding at Hutchinson Island, FL

May 09th, 2007 Applied for SSN

May 18th, 2007 SSN Received

June 9th, 2007 AOS + EAD paperwork sent

June 15th, 2007 NOA1 for AOS and EAD

June 18th, 2007 CHECKS CASHED (for both AOS and EAD)

July 10th, 2007 Biometrics Appt.

Aug 02nd, 2007 AOS transferred to CSC

Aug 22nd, 2007 EAD card production ordered!

Aug 29th, 2007 Greencard production ordered!!

Aug 31st, 2007 EAD card received

Sept 7th, 2007 2 Year Greencard received

June 24, 2009 I-751 sent (Priority Mail)

June 29, 2009 NOA 1

July 31, 2009 Biometrics

Oct 30, 2009 Card production ordered!!!

Nov 06, 2009 10 Year Greencard received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well,

Just to cheer everyone up we got in touch with Senator Collins office in Maine, and within 15 minutes she located my petition, they promised to take it out of the 'storage facility' its in (that they already wrote me a letter to promise me its not in), and as a bonus she requested they expedite it to make up some of the delay!

So, as I was told and others have said - if you get any grief from the NVC your senator is the person to go to. I know someone getting my vote in the future :)

Well,

Just to cheer everyone up we got in touch with Senator Collins office in Maine, and within 15 minutes she located my petition, they promised to take it out of the 'storage facility' its in (that they already wrote me a letter to promise me its not in), and as a bonus she requested they expedite it to make up some of the delay!

So, as I was told and others have said - if you get any grief from the NVC your senator is the person to go to. I know someone getting my vote in the future :)

Wow, that's great, congrats :thumbs:

Well,

ashp, what a relief!!! :thumbs: Your first NOA2 approved same date as mine. They stuck both ours in the Storage Facility, got mine out and didn't even think that there could be others stuck there!!! :devil: Well congratulations!!! Wish you swift passage throughout the rest of the journey!!! :dance:

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Wow! That's great to hear! Sorry you had to go through this entire mess in the first place! I hope I don't have to get to the point where I need to call in for help.

I-130

02/17/2007 - I-130 Express Mailed to VSC via USPS. (ETA 2/19/2007)

02/22/2007 - I-130 received by VSC.

06/12/2007 - NOA2 approval email received!!!

06/15/2007 - NOA2 letter received in the mail.

NVC

06/19/2007 - NVC receives case and assigns a case number!

08/27/2007 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!

09/06/2007 - Case forwarded to Sydney

09/14/2007 - Wife receives Packet 3. Received NVC letter confirming case forward to Sydney.

10/26/2007 - Interview - VISA GRANTED!!!!! WOOO WOOO!!!!!!

11/18/2007 - Enter the US via LAX (POE). No issues thankfully. 20 minutes of processing.

11/30/2007 - Welcome letter (two of them) received.

12/19/2007 - CR-1 Green Card received.

USCIS - I-751

09/23/2009 - Express Mailed Removal of Conditions application

09/24/2009 - USPS confirmed delivery to VSC

09/29/2009 - Check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2009 - Received NOA I-797C dated 09/25/2009

10/10/2009 - Received Biometric appt letter for 10/29/2009

10/29/2009 - Biometrics taken. Whole process took about 40 min including the wait

12/22/2009 - Approved for ROC!

01/08/2010 - Received text and email: Card production ordered

01/15/2010 - Received Green Card in the mail!

USCIS - N-400

04/22/2011 - Express Mailed Application for Naturalization

04/27/2011 - Check cashed by USCIS

04/28/2011 - Received NOA I-797C dated 04/26/2011

05/27/2011 - Biometrics taken. Process took approx 35 min with wait

07/29/2011 - Received Interview Appt letter scheduled for 09/01/2011 dated 07/26/2011

09/01/2011 - Interview and Oath. Now a USC! The VJ is over!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
Well,

Yay, I'm glad things are turning around for you. :)

I guess some politicians are worth the air on this earth.

I just got my NOA2. I hope nothing bad happens to our petition as well. Hopefully they've learned their lesson after being in contact with our congressmen!

My timeline:

02 - 09 - 2007 - Sending off of my I-129F package

02 - 13 - 2007 - NOA1 Received

02 - 21 - 2007 - Touched!

03 - 01 - 2007 - NOA2 Received

03 - 02 - 2007 - Touched Again!

03 - 06 - 2007 - NVC Received

03 - 07 - 2007 - Was told by email I-129F will be forwarded to Sydney

03 - 08 - 2007 - I-129F picked up by DHL and on it's way to Sydney!!

03 - 12 - 2007 - Sydney Consulate received packet! From DHL: 1:48 pm Shipment delivered WOOT

03 - 19 - 2007 - Packet Three is sent off!

03 - 20 - 2007 - Corey goes to get his fingerprints/police check completed. Now we wait for the investigation and then I can be assured he's not a criminal =]

03 - 21 - 2007 - Corey gets Pkt 3 via Registered Mail

03 - 22 - 2007 - Sent Corey a copy of all the documents and the notarized I-134.. hopefully everything arrives safely!

04 - 17 - 2007 - Corey's Medical Examination.. Let's hope everything goes great!

05 - 01 - 2007 - Corey's Medical Rescheduled to this date because doctor was away!

05 - 04 - 2007 - Corey's Initial Interview date! (We only had ONE week's notice!)

05 - 30 - 2007 - Corey's Rescheduled Interview date because there was no time for the initial one

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Well, here we are 19 days later and once again nothing has happened. We called Senator Collins this morning and she said if she hasn't heard from them by Thursday (I didn't make the call, but my understanding is she had it flagged for them to respond to her as well) she's going to .. well, do something.

How disappointing, even a senator can't get the USCIS to get their butts into gear and fix problems. She's been really helpful and I'm sure glad to have her on my side, because if she can't get them to act, what hope do the rest of us have?!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It sounds like you are in Administrative Review just like I am. Mine was "flagged" at NVC and proceeded to the big black hole they call A/R or A/P. Mine has only been that way for two months. One other VJ'r has been in A/R for 9 months and the record is 8 years.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Timeline
It sounds like you are in Administrative Review just like I am. Mine was "flagged" at NVC and proceeded to the big black hole they call A/R or A/P. Mine has only been that way for two months. One other VJ'r has been in A/R for 9 months and the record is 8 years.

We never made it to the NVC, they still say it hasn't been received. The problem we had was USCIS 'failed' to post it to the NVC, and that's where we got jammed. :)

Well, here we are 19 days later and once again nothing has happened. We called Senator Collins this morning and she said if she hasn't heard from them by Thursday (I didn't make the call, but my understanding is she had it flagged for them to respond to her as well) she's going to .. well, do something.

How disappointing, even a senator can't get the USCIS to get their butts into gear and fix problems. She's been really helpful and I'm sure glad to have her on my side, because if she can't get them to act, what hope do the rest of us have?!

Hi ashp, it took them 30 days on my case for them to retrieve it from the storage facility, reapprove it and get it to me. Hopefully yours is just around the corner. I know you had the same exact problem as me, they had me wondering for a while also.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi ashp, it took them 30 days on my case for them to retrieve it from the storage facility, reapprove it and get it to me. Hopefully yours is just around the corner. I know you had the same exact problem as me, they had me wondering for a while also.

Well, I know nobody is that interested but finally a POSITIVE result (in a way!). The senators office called us back to tell us the USCIS has 'lost' our petition. Completely lost all paper trail, only retaining a computer record. She took some details from my fiancee and they are going to 'reissue the NOA2', which sounds a lot like what happened to lookywhatifound. She then said it'll be 'expedited'. Anyone else had this happen and did it make much difference to when you got the interview date?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.