Fandango

Hot Plane Deals

53 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
I just booked my flight for the end of this month. my total was $611 this time with Continental. CRP>IAH>LGW

As I mentioned before, I live about a 4 hr drive from the nearest major international airport and I'm wondering if anyone else out there in VJ land is in the same situation and what do you do? Have someone drive you? take a bus? or do like me and fly there? to me it's less hassle if I fly there but that's what drives my price up so much. Bus would be about the same, you pay the fare and then have to get a taxi to and from the airport.

Now when Jonny came here he flew from Gatwick to Houston and I drove the 4 hrs to pick him up. his flight cost him about £320 return (IIRC) would have been a little more to fly into Corpus but when you think about hotel and gas it all evens out really. We did get to visit NASA while we were there :)

We are a 2-3 hour drive. I found that Prime time offered a car servicce for a few dollars more and that included the tip. WE will not do it any other way now.

http://www.primetimeshuttle.com/

there is a Texas link on the left. Not sure if this will work, but give it a try.

John

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm blessed that theres like 4 or 5 airports all within an hour or two's drive from here. That being said, we tend to go with Dayton or Cincinnati depending on the price.

Adam's just got his interview date so we're finally setting things in line. Looking for a deal in early/mid May didn't do so well, but we came across some decent ones on April 30th, nearly 100 quid difference from the dates we were looking at in May! Now we just need to decide if saving 20 quid is worth him traveling to Newark then Dayton, or if we should just go direct to Cincy.

Thanks to whoever provided that link to sidestep.com-- Never heard of it but it's so much easier than checking every one of those sites seperately!

UNST0001.gifbritkit.jpgUNKG0001.gif

I just paid $400.00 from Newark into Manchester Uk,,,bargin!#

booked direct with continental airlines

Edited by Gemma12nel

The long and winding road,,,,,,

03/03/04 - I-129F received at VSC

08/03/04 - Date of NOA1

24/04/04 - Approval online email (46 day35 Business day

28/04/04 - Received NOA2 by mail

03/05/04 - NVC fowards petition to London Embassy

14/05/04 - Received Packet 3

26/05/04 - Received Packet 4

01/06/04 - Interview @ London Embassy

01/06/04 - WAS APPROVED FOR VISA!

02/06/04 - Passport inclusive of visa delivered

13/06/04 - Here in the US of A!

31/07/04 - Officially engaged!

28/08/04 - Married

30/08/04 - Filed AOS, EAD, sent via Fed-Ex

02/09/04 - Applied for SSN in married name

10/09/04 - SSN arrives

08/09/04 - NOA for EAD & AOS

30/09/04 - Biometics & Fingerprinting Appointment

10/11/04 - Received approval via email for EAD

13/11/04 - Very happily blessed in Florida with Family present - special day!

16/11/04 - EAD arrives in post

01/03/05 - Posted AP

24/03/05 - NOA1 of AP

20/05/05 - Advance Parole arrived

19/09/05 - Case transferred to CSC

08/11/05 - Approved for AOS at CSC

12/11/05 - Welcome to america letter arrives!

15/11/05 - Green Card Arrives

REMOVE CONDITIONS

07/08/07 - Applied to Vermont for 2 years conditions removed I-751

22/08/07 - Check cashed

23/08/07 - Received I-797 Notice of action in post

04/09/07 - NOA Date

02/10/07 - Biometrics

02/10/07 - Touched- checked at 6:45 PM

03/10/07 - Touched

28/03/08 - Received Email - 10 Year green card approved

CITIZENSHIP

11/08/08 - Sent N-400 application to become a citizen to VERMONT

16/08/08 - Cheque cashed by Vermont

18/08/08 - NOA1 N-400

17/09/08 - Biometrics

09/12/08 - Interview and oath taken at newark

DONE!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
I'm blessed that theres like 4 or 5 airports all within an hour or two's drive from here. That being said, we tend to go with Dayton or Cincinnati depending on the price.

Adam's just got his interview date so we're finally setting things in line. Looking for a deal in early/mid May didn't do so well, but we came across some decent ones on April 30th, nearly 100 quid difference from the dates we were looking at in May! Now we just need to decide if saving 20 quid is worth him traveling to Newark then Dayton, or if we should just go direct to Cincy.

Thanks to whoever provided that link to sidestep.com-- Never heard of it but it's so much easier than checking every one of those sites seperately!

YAY, congrats on the P4!! :dance:

signature here

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

We just booked our flight from Nashville, TN to London Gatwick. ( not a direct flight, stopover in Detroit ) We used Northwest (www.nwa.com) The cost was $642.00 per ticket. It was actually the cheapest we found and searched several different sites.

Karen ( USA ) and Tony ( UK ) now both residing in USA!!

2/28/05- I-129F sent to TSC

7/29/05- Interview date- Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/06/05-Tony comes home to Tennessee!!!

10/08/05-WE'RE MARRIED!!! I love this man!

AOS/EAD/AP

11/26/05-filed for emergency AP

11/29/05-filed for AOS/EAD

03/07/06-online EAD approval

03/10/06-received EAD in post and passed driving test (Wow what a day)

07/26/06-AOS Interview---APPROVED!!!!!!

07/31/06-received 'Welcome to America' Letter

08/07/06-received Green card in post wooooooooohoooooooo

03/30/09-received approval to remove conditions!

YAY, congrats on the P4!! :dance:

Thaaaaaanks :D

UNST0001.gifbritkit.jpgUNKG0001.gif

BA is a having a super-cheap 3 day sale at the moment - just bought flights to London from LA for $500 including tax -- doesn't get much better than that. Travel before April, I think.

Wow that is good! Shame I'm travelling at the beginning of May really. At the moment it's $709 LAX - LHR return for May, but I'm keeping an eye on it for the next few weeks until I book. This is all from Orbitz.com. I might just pay the extra $20 and fly Virgin :) Not a huge fan of American Airlines...

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline
BA is a having a super-cheap 3 day sale at the moment - just bought flights to London from LA for $500 including tax -- doesn't get much better than that. Travel before April, I think.

Wow that is good! Shame I'm travelling at the beginning of May really. At the moment it's $709 LAX - LHR return for May, but I'm keeping an eye on it for the next few weeks until I book. This is all from Orbitz.com. I might just pay the extra $20 and fly Virgin :) Not a huge fan of American Airlines...

Hands down, Virgin is better and worth the 20.

I am a member of both flying clubs and fly both. You may want to call Virgin and see if they can match the price.

2005 Aug 27 Happily Married

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Yep...our ticket was 509 tax,etc. included on BA as well. Just read about the new baggage restrictions and we were freaking until I went to the BA site and we read the fine print...flights to/from US (among a few other places) will still be allowed 2 pieces of luggage.... We are a 5 hour drive from Beloit (other end of the state where I'm originally from...2 brothers and families, and other relatives still live down there....) so what we do is drive down to Beloit, get a hotel for the night and then Craig (or me as well when I went) takes the bus from Beloit to Chicago...it's just easiest for us. It's 20 bucks and it's direct from the pickup point right into the terminal...saves having to drive in all that Chicago/airport traffic and parking fees...and convenient to be dropped right at the door! But yeah...not right by a major airport either...wish we *were* closer! Minneapolis/St. Paul would be closer for us, but in order to fly direct to London we'd just have to connect thru O'Hare anyway probably....saves us cash and time/flight changes to go thru O'Hare. M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

We just booked our flight from Nashville, TN to London Gatwick. ( not a direct flight, stopover in Detroit ) We used Northwest (www.nwa.com) The cost was $642.00 per ticket. It was actually the cheapest we found and searched several different sites.

Yay Karen! :)

I just browsed AA.com out of curiousity. I found Nashville/Chicago/Heathrow for $620. Of course, that probably depends on the days searched. I prefer Heathrow but only because sweetie lives so close by. Most times, rates ARE cheaper into Gatwick (darn it).

SA4userbar.jpg

Just got a fairly good deal flying from Atlanta to Birmingham International via Frankfurt mid April for $725. Flying Lufthansa booked thru http://www.1800flyeurope.com/.

Might be worth checking them out. :)

08/15/08 I-751 submitted to VSC

10/01/08 Biometrics completed

03/02/09 Case transferred to CSC

04/04/2009 Received approval letter

03/31/2009 Date of Decision

05/01/2009 Card production ordered

05/07/2009 Received card

In matters of style,

swim with the current;

in matters of principle,

stand like a rock.

- Thomas Jefferson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow - thanks for that - I usually travel to Nashville from Gatwick via Charlotte in North Carolina - last time was $680 with US Airways. Julie has flown via Chicago with American Airways to Heathrow.

Andy(UK) & Julie(US)

02/27/2007 - mailed I-129F

03/08/2007 - received NOA1

04/16/2007 - mailed amendment for I-129F

05/24/2007 - touched!

05/24/2007 - NOA2 mailed!

05/29/2007 - NOA2 received!

06/07/2007 - NVC received

06/11/2007 - NVC mailed to London!!

06/21/2007 - police check received

06/22/2007 - Packet 3 received

06/23/2007 - packet 3 mailed

06/28/2007 - medical

08/03/2007 - Interview!!

08/03/2007 - APPROVED!!!!

08/06/2007 - Visa arrives!

09/01/2007 - Enter USA via Philadelphia

09/14/2007 - Marry

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.