ziggy1977

can a woman undergo medical examination during their menstrual period in manila???

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

my fiance is scheduled for her medical exam at St. Luke's in manila this Monday Dec. 15th. she just got her menstrual period this morning . can she still go for the exam on Monday????? or when she get there they will denie her examination and tell her to go home and reschedule ????

thanks in advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

A pelvic exam is not required for immigration purposes. At least I have never heard of it anywhere. So it won't be a problem going ahead with the already scheduled medical.

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 N-400 submitted online

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 NOA mailed

{Day 02}   11/18/2017 Biometrics apt scheduled

{Day 20}   12/06/2017 Biometrics done

{Day 202} 06/06/2018 Interview Scheduled

{Day 207} 06/11/2018 Interview Letter received

{Day 238} 07/12/2018 Interview Day - Approved

{Day 242} 07/16/2018 Oath Scheduled

{Day 266} 08/09/2018 Oath Ceremony - I am a US Citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

She should just go. I had the last day of my period during my medical in manila and the female doctor still did the quick check up. I think it really depends on the doctor.

I am the beneficiary. ?

AOS timeline from K1

08-25-2014 - Mailed i485 packet via USPS

08-27-2014 - Packet delivered and signed by S. Bush

09-10-2014 - Email and txt notification received ???

09-17-2014 - Notice of Action (hard copy) received in mail dated 09/10/2014

09-17-2014 - Case Status changed from Acceptance to Initial Review

09-26-2014 - Biometrics Appointment Letter received and is scheduled on 10/06/2014 ???

10-06-2014 - Biometrics is done successfully. ???

12-01-2014 - I-797C notice (interview appointment letter) received, the uscis letter postmark is the same date

as our interview appointment date 11-25-2014 ??? U N B E L I E V A B L E !!!!

12-08-2014 - Interview appointment re-scheduled on 01-09-2015 ??? RELIEVED AND GRATEFUL

12-12-2014 - Online status changed to "Testing & Interview".

01-09-2015 - Interview Appointment Date ???

01-09-2015 - AOS application APPROVED! Case Status changed to card production and Welcome Notice mailed. ???

01-15-2015 - Welcome Notice received. ???

01-16-2015 - New card was mailed ??????

01-16-2015 - Case status online updated to "card was picked up by the USPS", tracking number received.

01-17-2015 - Received notification from USCIS and USPS that the card has been delivered. But only to find out that it was not delivered in our mailbox.

01-17 to 01-19-2015 - Green Card Missing.

01-20-2015 Green Card received. The carrier found it! ??? and delivered it to us. So relieved and thankful. ???

THANK YOU VISAJOURNEY AND TO ITS MEMBERS! YOU ARE ALL PART OF OUR VISA JOURNEY. ???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Really? I learnt something new about the process in Manilla. Oh well....

Edited by NikeS

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 N-400 submitted online

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 NOA mailed

{Day 02}   11/18/2017 Biometrics apt scheduled

{Day 20}   12/06/2017 Biometrics done

{Day 202} 06/06/2018 Interview Scheduled

{Day 207} 06/11/2018 Interview Letter received

{Day 238} 07/12/2018 Interview Day - Approved

{Day 242} 07/16/2018 Oath Scheduled

{Day 266} 08/09/2018 Oath Ceremony - I am a US Citizen!

What happens here is that the benificiary will be likely denied. It is stated in the saintlukes medical rules , as I have done this myself.so just submit herself for medical when her period is done. Goodluck!

What happens here is that the benificiary will be likely denied. It is stated in the saintlukes medical rules , as I have done this myself.so just submit herself for medical when her period is done. Goodluck!

In God we Trust 

Time line for AOS 2014
June 30--- Mailed our AOS PACKET
July 2----- USPS confirmed delivery
July 9----- Received mail and txt of acceptance from uscis for I-485, i-765 and I-131
July12---- Hard copy of i-485,i-765 and I-131 in the mail
July14-----Biometrics schedule arrive on the mail, Scheduled on August 6,2014
August6----Biometrics done!done!
Sept03-----EAD/AP CARD/document production :)
Sept11-----EAD card recieved
October16--Interview AOS :)
Approved on the spot
October 24-Green Card arrived in the mail. :)

Timeline for Removal of Condition 2016

July 17--------Mailed our packet

July 18--------Received our NOA

Oct 12---------Biometrics appoinment

Oct 28 2017-GreenCard on Hand

Naturalization 2018

February 5th--------Sent I-751 package to Chicago

February 7th--------Package delivered to P.O Chicago

February 10th------Cheque cashed.

Feb 14th ------------ NOA1 delivered in mail.

March 6th------------Bio-metrics done

April 16th-------------Interview schedule (approved)

April 17th-------------Oath Ceremony scheduled

May 3rd----------------Oath Ceremony

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

She should just go. I had the last day of my period during my medical in manila and the female doctor still did the quick check up. I think it really depends on the doctor.

Hi I also think she should go coz her interview is dec 22nd exactly I week after her medical ...if she reschedule her exam she would also need to reschedule her interview. Its going to throw off our plans....what do u think??? What is the worst can happen when she goes for medical??? They will just say to schedule right? ???

Can't you just call them and ask?

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is no pelvic exam, but the doctor will do a visual exam of her genital area. Kind of hard while she is bleeding, and that is why they won't do it. Also they need a clean urine sample, and the blood will contaminate it.

She can go but they will not do those two exams and tell her to come back when the period is over. As I wrote in another thread about this in the Phil forum, if her period is done by Thursday, she might save the 12/22 interview date by coming back on Thursday for the urine test and phys exam. Just explain the circumstances to them and get there early so she can get everything done, shots included, in one day.

Edited by Al422

Here is St Luke's Medical Center Extension website. www.slec.ph

This is the center where she will have her medical done. Once on the site up in the top left hand corner it has information for US Immigrant Visa Applicants. Select Required Medical Examinations where you will find "Important Reminders". This states that "it is likely the full examination cannot be conducted". If you are under a time constraint in regards to getting this examination done prior to her US Embassy interview, I would suggest you call St Luke's and ask.

BTW this site is very informative. Would probably be a good idea to read through the U.S. applicants portion of it.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Based on my experience, I didn't have my period during my medical, but the doctor checked me up and I had to take off all my clothing. I think the other person is right it would be awkward to do the exam on that area if she has her period. But, they didn't ask for urine and stool sample.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am not sure of the policy at the medical location you are referring to, but here in Vancouver Canada this is what I found on the US medical examination dr's website:

"The physical examination will include , at a minimum, examination of the ears, eyes, throat, nose, heart, lungs, abdomen , lymph nodes , skin , extremities and external genitalia. You may have the examination performed during your menstrual period"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

A pelvic exam is not required for immigration purposes. At least I have never heard of it anywhere. So it won't be a problem going ahead with the already scheduled medical.

It is common in some countries to check the gender visually.

Maybe it has something to do with tampons not being widely used in the Philippines? These issues with urine samples and visual inspection are easily remedied by using one.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Timeline

I know I am a man but let me say I am clueless about

all this however as I posted here, B4 guy I knew was made

to show his private (he thought the female Dr was curious :no: )

it was for gender identification I was told here in VJ...weird

he is manly with a beard...this happened in JA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.