799 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Just a quick question to find out what's going on.

Here is my timeline:

AOS from K1 visa

AOS received Dec 27th 2014 (no RFE)

Biometrics was on 1/20/15

Already received EAD and AP in early March 2015

It's been about 1.5 months since I received EAD/AP and haven't received any interview letter or waiver letter yet. :clock:

I just find that a bit odd since most people on VJ seem to get their interviews within 3-4 months of filing.

I am wondering if anyone on VJ from NYC area is in the same situation when adjusting from a K1 visa.

Thanks!

I sent my package in on the 4 th of December they accepted my package on the 8th of December did my biometrics on jan6th ... As of January 13 I have been waiting to be schedule for an interview ... Received my ead in March ... But processing times is backed up ... When you check the processing times for the Long Island field office it says as of February 28th they are working on June 6th 2014

I sent my package in on the 4 th of December they accepted my package on the 8th of December did my biometrics on jan6th ... As of January 13 I have been waiting to be schedule for an interview ... Received my ead in March ... But processing times is backed up ... When you check the processing times for the Long Island field office it says as of February 28th they are working on June 6th 2014

Thank you! Well, I have received a Notice of Potential interview waiver this morning...Let's wait !

AOS Timeline

Adjusting from a K1 visa

NOA - December 27, 2014

Biometrics - January 20, 2015

EAD/AP - March 9, 2015

NPIW - April 20, 2015

GC being produced August 1,2015

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Our interview was this afternoon and everything went well. They asked us to come in separately and then proceeded to ask me questions about our relationship (how we've met, etc). Then, after providing a few additional proof of marriage (tax returns, bank account statement) he called my wife in and made questions related to what he had previously asked. Once that was done he stamped our card and not 15 minutes later we already had an e-mail saying that our card was being manufactured.

I wish all of you good luck on this journey, and I know everything will go well for you as well.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hello everyone!

Our interview was this afternoon and everything went well. They asked us to come in separately and then proceeded to ask me questions about our relationship (how we've met, etc). Then, after providing a few additional proof of marriage (tax returns, bank account statement) he called my wife in and made questions related to what he had previously asked. Once that was done he stamped our card and not 15 minutes later we already had an e-mail saying that our card was being manufactured.

I wish all of you good luck on this journey, and I know everything will go well for you as well.

Thanks

Congrats!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi! we are having our interview on May 11th and Im starting to get a little worried.. I already got my EAD card in the end of Feb but never applied for ID or Drivers License. Is that a mandatory to have either of them cause I'm preparing for my driving test right now since I've never been a driver before and didn't wanna apply for just a regular ID card.

Timeline

Hi! we are having our interview on May 11th and Im starting to get a little worried.. I already got my EAD card in the end of Feb but never applied for ID or Drivers License. Is that a mandatory to have either of them cause I'm preparing for my driving test right now since I've never been a driver before and didn't wanna apply for just a regular ID card.

Nope! it is not mandatory. Your EAD card is also a form of ID. Nothing to worry about! Good luck with your interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Nope! it is not mandatory. Your EAD card is also a form of ID. Nothing to worry about! Good luck with your interview.

Thanks a lot! Also the thing with copies of the documents like birth certificate and marriage certificate. If we bring the originals and photo copy. Will they leave a photocopy for their records or it has to be special ordered certified copy for their records as well?

Timeline

Thanks a lot! Also the thing with copies of the documents like birth certificate and marriage certificate. If we bring the originals and photo copy. Will they leave a photocopy for their records or it has to be special ordered certified copy for their records as well?

Photo copies should be fine! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Filing date - 12/18/2014

Files received - 12/23/2014

Biomtrics schedule - 2/4/2015

Biometrics done - 1/27/2015

EAD approved - 2/19/2015

EAD received - 2/28/2015

Interview Schedule- 5/6/2015

Interview Approved - 5/6/2015

Thank You everyone here... This site was been very helpful to me... Now I am just waiting my GC...

Thank you so much Lord God...

To everyone here goodluck and God is Good...

Timeline

Filing date - 12/18/2014

Files received - 12/23/2014

Biomtrics schedule - 2/4/2015

Biometrics done - 1/27/2015

EAD approved - 2/19/2015

EAD received - 2/28/2015

Interview Schedule- 5/6/2015

Interview Approved - 5/6/2015

Thank You everyone here... This site was been very helpful to me... Now I am just waiting my GC...

Thank you so much Lord God...

To everyone here goodluck and God is Good...

Congrats!

I had my interview in detroit last may 6,they let us in together in one room,tha officer was so nice,he's been in my country several time he said..he just asked 1 question and thats it..he didnt asked for anything paper or something..i brought a bunch of papers anyway..he made us feel comfortable and relax..thank you vj for all the info..congrats to all!god bless us ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! I just have a question specially to those who already had interview, do you guys usually surrender the combo card? Ive read that the Interviewer usually get it during the interview, is it true? Because my problem is that, my interview is on monday and last month we already booked a flight to other state this month using my married name and the only valid ID i have for that now is my combo card. If on monday the officer get it and if i will not get instantly approve or if ever i will, i am afraid that the GC will not arrive in time:( then maybe i will just hope that the airport security people will accept my passport(still with my maiden name) or maybe i will bring marriage cert?..so worried:(

Timeline

I had my interview in detroit last may 6,they let us in together in one room,tha officer was so nice,he's been in my country several time he said..he just asked 1 question and thats it..he didnt asked for anything paper or something..i brought a bunch of papers anyway..he made us feel comfortable and relax..thank you vj for all the info..congrats to all!god bless us ?

Congrats!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: South Korea
Timeline

My wife came over on a K-1 visa. We were married in December and filed our I-131 (advanced parole), I-485, and I-765 (work authorization) at the end of the month. USCIS confirmed receipt on 22 Dec 2014. We had our biometrics appointment on 23 Jan 2015. Since then, we have heard nothing from USCIS on any of the applications. The I-131 and I-765 should have been approved and back to us by the end of March. Anyone else still waiting???

One VERY Frustrated Vet!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.