799 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Recieved my texts and emails at 7:30 this morning. Interview is scheduled for May 6th 2015. It's a little longer of a wait than we were expecting but happy that there is a date set and a notice coming in the mail.

Recieved my texts and emails at 7:30 this morning. Interview is scheduled for May 6th 2015. It's a little longer of a wait than we were expecting but happy that there is a date set and a notice coming in the mail.

We're the same,just got text today that my interview will be on May 6,im just waiting the notice in the mail now ☺️

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

We're the same,just got text today that my interview will be on May 6,im just waiting the notice in the mail now ☺️

Congrats!!! what was your status before changing to Interview?

AOS Filing progress:

Package Filed: Dec 16

USCIS Receipt Update: Dec 18

Bio Appointment : Jan 16

RFE Receipt: Jan 23

RFE USCIS Receipt: Jan 28

EAD Approved: Feb 23

EAD on hand: Feb 28

Interview Notice Received: June 10

Interview Scheduled: Aug 10

Congrats!!! what was your status before changing to Interview?

Since february 2,it says ready to sched for interview..until it changed today in interview is scheduled..i received text and email today ☺️

Timeline

Congrats! I am glad one of us got interview notice...may I know when's your local USCIS processing time? Mine is only May 2014...i might have to wait till July...

AOS Filing progress:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I've scheduled info pass appointment tomorrow. Will see how it goes. My local office is processing May 2014 Cases....

Please let me know how that went

Philippians 4: 6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

So not every K1 visa holder is getting the interview waiver letter. Interesting. I wonder what determines whether you'll get a waiver or actual interview.

Timeline

Please let me know how that went

my local uscis officer called me in the morning saying they dont have my case and it's still with NBC in Missouri and they only receive cases when NBC send them and ready for interview. I then called NBC trying to file a service request, but since my local office is still working on May 2014 Case and I filed in Dec...they CANT issue any service request unless it falls out of the normal processing time...

basically there is nothing I can do but to wait. Going to travel with my AP.

AOS Filing progress:

Paranoid rant by December filer ;)

I entered to the US on a F-1 visa took OPT and I filed while on OPT for AOS through marriage to a US citizen, I filed I-485, I 130, I-765 simultaneously it has been 4 months since I filed my petition was received, I did biometrics on January, received EAD a couple of weeks ago, and since January as well my I-485 is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

So basically I've been checking through my immigration papers as I wait for my interview date, while I am at this I've found some copies of my petitioner spouse G-325a form and in those her Social Security number is wrong by one digit. Which Is possible I corrected but I cannot recall.

With respect to my spouse's I-864 I'm using a sole joint sponsor my spouses's mother, my wife is a student she doesn't make enough money or even file taxes for she does not meet the income threshold she is not compelled to it by law. However she did have to fill as you know her own I-864 as a formality, that form asks for her SS# AS WELL there's the possibility that I took that SS # from her WRONG G-325A.

Actually, if the above is the case I also could have messed up my wife's SS # in the I-130 form as well therefore, there's a one digit mistake in 3 of my forms with respect to my US citizen wife SS# namely G325-A, I-130 and her I-864 I mean in light of this, the only thing that encourages me is that it has been 4 months since I filed my petition as I stated above so by this point a RFE should have been sent already, I am thinking that since I included a copy of my wife's SS card to prove that she changed her name and everything in it, they managed to correct the mistakes with the tools they had at hand.

I called the USCIS today I spoke with one of the first level customer service employees I frankly don't know which is the higher level above this one or how to request it, either way they told me that by this point if I haven't had received any RFE and since my case has made progress as I stated above 'there should not be any issue' but I didn't elaborate on the mistake I made or anything I thought It could actually harm me to point out the error by this point inasmuch as the application has followed a 'normal' course.

Cheers

Jack

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Is anyone here from New York And filed in December ... Received anything about an interview ?

I want to travel to go home, but I am a little nervous about leaving the country just with the Employment Authorization / Advance Parole card... Aren't we suppose to use them only for emergencies?

Philippians 4: 6-7. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Timeline

I want to travel to go home, but I am a little nervous about leaving the country just with the Employment Authorization / Advance Parole card... Aren't we suppose to use them only for emergencies?

I am going back to China next month. I was a bit concerned too, but I called local USCIS, NBC, China Border Control, Beijing Airport. all got very positive answer. Bring your EAD, AP, copy of marriage license, should be fine. I also checked which port of entry is easier, looks like no big difference. It doesnt have to be emergencies. as long as you tell them why you are travelling out of country.

My local USCIS office even said I can reschedule the interview if I am out of country when they scheduled my interview...it's totally fine. who knows how long we will wait for the interview notice,,,

AOS Filing progress:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

My status has been "ready to schedule interview" since January 28. Is there anything I can do to get this done, or can I only wait till they contact me?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.