799 posts in this topic

Hi does anyone here knows what requirements for K2 Applying for AP AOS still pending... Does k2 needs G-325A?

They are just a kids so I am not applying for EAD...

Besides the NOA1 receipt what else should i include with the package and what address should i send it?

Thank You very much

You will need to submit everything as in the K-1 AOS package, with the exception of the I-864 and its supporting documents (IRS tax transcripts, bank statement, employer statement, etc.) Just make a copy of the original I-864 and include it with the application. Same thing goes with EAD and AP applications.

Send the package to same address as the K-1 AOS application.

See the guide here for more information.

Edited by frontgear

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I already submit AOS for K2 we just waiting for interview or f we receive potential waiver letter...

What are tge requirements to apply AP for k2? Filed k2 AOS last december 2014... K1 already received AP and EAD... So im thinking to file for AP too...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for the reply, You think it would be wise for me to call them and check up?

It doesn't hurt.. We did! Call and ask if they can see whether or not your fax was received..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats! did you also expedite your interview appointment? I filed a bit earlier than you so no interview notice yet ..what visa are you in now?

My understanding is that the I-485 stuff is handled completely separately, and depends on the workload of your local office. In my case, another VJ member who filed around the same time as me with the same local office has also gotten an interview letter in about the same time frame, so it looks like our office (DC) is scheduling appointments about 3 months from I-485 receipt.

We did get an RFE in february, which we responded to promptly..

It doesn't hurt.. We did! Call and ask if they can see whether or not your fax was received..

Already have, Just waiting for a tier 2 to call me back :) Let's hope I get some answers or anything. Lol!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : London, United Kingdom

I-129F Sent : 2014-03-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-09-09

(Sent to NVC: 2014-09-15)

NVC Received : 2014-09-22

NVC Left :2014-09-26

Medical : 2014-09-29

Consulate Received : 2014-09-29

Packet 3 Received : 2014-10-06

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received : 2014-10-23

Interview Date : 2014-11-07

Interview Result : APPROVED!!

AP : 2014-11-12 (2 hours)

Issued: 2014- 11- 12

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Here is my story:

USCIS received documents:02 December as written on receid notice( Chicago lockbox/ local office Detroit))

Biometric Notice: 12 December

Biometric Done: 30th December

20 January: Received RFE notice from USCIS

26 January: RFE Submitted(over night shipping)

30 January: online status change( our NBC will start working etc)

16 February: received AP in mail

23 February: Received EAD card

After submitting RFE no update on I485(AOS)

anybody in same situation?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi people, I am joining this group !

16 December : Mailed package I- 485/ EAD

31 December : NOA1 for I-485/ EAD

05 February : Biometrics taken

26 February : EAD card approved

03 March : Biometrics retaken

04 March : Notice letter for EAD

Did anyone get notice letter for EAD( I- 797) before EAD card ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

So my story short.

The package received on Dec 15th,

Biometrics done on Jan 16th

I-485 status changed to ready to schedule an interview on jan 22nd

Feb 25th EAD Approved

March 2nd the Card is mailed

March 4th the card received

Didn't apply for AP. waiting for the interview date now. Our office is in Newark, NJ and something tells me that it might take a while but hoping for the fast processing!

Good luck everyone!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

On January 28, 2015, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC。 Our National Benefits Center office will begin working on your case again. We will mail you a decision or notify you if we need something from you. You should receive a decision or case update by March 29, 2015, unless fingerprinting or an interview are needed.

still the same status after RFE, anyone had this status before received an interview notice?

AOS Filing progress:

Package Filed: Dec 16

USCIS Receipt Update: Dec 18

Bio Appointment : Jan 16

RFE Receipt: Jan 23

RFE USCIS Receipt: Jan 28

EAD Approved: Feb 23

EAD on hand: Feb 28

Interview Notice Received: June 10

Interview Scheduled: Aug 10

Hi guys. I received my EAD card today. Any idea if how many days should I wait before applying for my SSN?

Hi my friend, i applied for my SSN today , 10 days after I received my card and everything was good, my card is valid since 17th of Fabruary

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

AntonyDraga, thank you for your reply. Another question, did they ask for your passport when you applied for your SSN? Mine has expired and that worries me.

Hi guys. I received my EAD card today. Any idea if how many days should I wait before applying for my SSN?

You can go right away, there's no waiting period!

AntonyDraga, thank you for your reply. Another question, did they ask for your passport when you applied for your SSN? Mine has expired and that worries me.

Yes they did ask me for my passport, I don't think there's a problem if it's expired, they just need to check who you are I guess

Yes they did ask me for my passport, I don't think there's a problem if it's expired, they just need to check who you are I guess

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.