Saylin

NVC Filers - December 2014

1,592 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I'm a US Citizen and filled CR-1 visa for my spouse. I'm about to fill DS-260 for my spouse.

My spouse is practicing physiotherapist in India. How should I answer the following questions in form DS-260?

Are you a graduate of a foreign medical school seeking to perform medical services in the United States but have not yet passed the National Board of Medical Examiners examination or its equivalent? Yes No

Are you a health care worker seeking to perform such work in the United States but have not yet received certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools Yes No

Will answering Yes to any one of the questions have negative impact on our Visa ? Please help

Thank you in advance

hi, I am a pt also and I checked NO in both questions. In my opinion that is the correct answer.

I am planning to call nvc tomorrow and ask if everything is ok with my ds260.

December 2013 Spreadsheet

NOA1-12/5/2013

NOA2-8/11/2014

Scan date-11/12/2014

Case Complete - 12/30/2014

Interview Date - 2/3/2015

Thank You Saylin,

The attorney wanted us to believe it will help the priority date after a checklist on 3 errors she made. So we are just treated as ignore. ;( we did request to remove her but NVC has not reach our new scan date. Thank you again Saylin :)

Uh, no, priority date doesn't mean anything at NVC. When reviewing cases, only date that matters is when you sent the packages in (and barely sometimes at that due to the method of reviewing, as I've explained before in this thread). Silly attorney :bonk:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm a US Citizen and filled CR-1 visa for my spouse. I'm about to fill DS-260 for my spouse.

My spouse is practicing physiotherapist in India. How should I answer the following questions in form DS-260?

Are you a graduate of a foreign medical school seeking to perform medical services in the United States but have not yet passed the National Board of Medical Examiners examination or its equivalent? Yes No

Are you a health care worker seeking to perform such work in the United States but have not yet received certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools Yes No

Will answering Yes to any one of the questions have negative impact on our Visa ? Please help

Thank you in advance

I'm no expert but this is what I understood of these questions: Is he planning to practice in the U.S. without first passing the NBME? In other words, is he planning to illegally practice in the U.S.? The only reason i thought of it this way was based on a sample DS-230 (this form was replaced by the electronic version DS-260) that Saylin has on her WiKi: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

Please see page 3, number 40 (A-L). if you check off "Yes" to any of these, you are ineligible for a Visa (says so right below number 40).

My husband is in medical school (has many more years to go) and we put "No" for both questions.

Personally i think it's a trick question to see if people misinterpret it.

Edited by jcruzazucar

:wub: God's timing is always perfect. . . :star:"Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!" (Luke 1:45) ^_^

I-130 Petition (Spouse): 2/20/14: NOA1; 8/18/14: NOA2

NVC Process (IR1)
09/17/14: Case received / Case # and IIN assigned
09/18/14: Submitted DS-261
10/08/14: Received Welcome email
10/10/14: Paid AOS bill
10/16/14: Paid IV bill
10/18/14: Completed DS-260
10/21/14: AOS & IV received / scan date
12/15/14: Case Complete (N/A then phone confirmation)
02/18/15: Biometrics Appt.
02/25/15: Consular Interview (APPROVED!!)
03/05/15: POE at San Ysidro Port of Entry (by car)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

hi, I am a pt also and I checked NO in both questions. In my opinion that is the correct answer.

I am planning to call nvc tomorrow and ask if everything is ok with my ds260.

Thank you nanana

Timeline

I'm no expert but this is what I understood of these questions: Is he planning to practice in the U.S. without first passing the NBME? In other words, is he planning to illegally practice in the U.S.? The only reason i thought of it this way was based on a sample DS-230 (this form was replaced by the electronic version DS-260) that Saylin has on her WiKi: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

Please see page 3, number 40 (A-L). if you check off "Yes" to any of these, you are ineligible for a Visa (says so right below number 40).

My husband is in medical school (has many more years to go) and we put "No" for both questions.

Personally i think it's a trick question to see if people misinterpret it.

Thank you. My spouse is not planning to illegally practice in the US. So, can we mark "No" for both questions?

Uh, no, priority date doesn't mean anything at NVC. When reviewing cases, only date that matters is when you sent the packages in (and barely sometimes at that due to the method of reviewing, as I've explained before in this thread). Silly attorney :bonk:

Thank You Saylin :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you. My spouse is not planning to illegally practice in the US. So, can we mark "No" for both questions?

Correct. I would put "No" for both questions just like nanana suggested as well.

:wub: God's timing is always perfect. . . :star:"Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!" (Luke 1:45) ^_^

I-130 Petition (Spouse): 2/20/14: NOA1; 8/18/14: NOA2

NVC Process (IR1)
09/17/14: Case received / Case # and IIN assigned
09/18/14: Submitted DS-261
10/08/14: Received Welcome email
10/10/14: Paid AOS bill
10/16/14: Paid IV bill
10/18/14: Completed DS-260
10/21/14: AOS & IV received / scan date
12/15/14: Case Complete (N/A then phone confirmation)
02/18/15: Biometrics Appt.
02/25/15: Consular Interview (APPROVED!!)
03/05/15: POE at San Ysidro Port of Entry (by car)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone, I'm us citizen filled I 130 last August , NOA on may nvc received my case on may 21th, since then I've been following visa journey and it's been great, you all awesome, now I wanna share my weird story in nvc if I can have some help and ideas, I had 3 checklists first one was in august second one in October and now got third one in mid december,I have an attorney and he is very knowing in boston ma and the 3 emails checklist I received are all of them are same , they change just the dates in my AOL , looks like they are freezing the case , and everything looks good on my taxes , records, I really don't understand, can someone give me what it could be wrong, any ideas??? Thank you all

Hello everyone, I'm us citizen filled I 130 last August , NOA on may nvc received my case on may 21th, since then I've been following visa journey and it's been great, you all awesome, now I wanna share my weird story in nvc if I can have some help and ideas, I had 3 checklists first one was in august second one in October and now got third one in mid december,I have an attorney and he is very knowing in boston ma and the 3 emails checklist I received are all of them are same , they change just the dates in my AOL , looks like they are freezing the case , and everything looks good on my taxes , records, I really don't understand, can someone give me what it could be wrong, any ideas??? Thank you all

If you could post what the checklist says, either through a screenshot or copy/paste, that'd help. It's hard to give advice when we don't know what NVC sent you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi say lin thanx for reply here is what they send me exact same checklist email

In Part1 basic of filing affidavit of support plz correct the following

In Part2 information on the principal immigrant plz correct the following

In part3 information on the immigrant you are sponsoring plz correct the following

In part3 information on the sponsor plz correct the following

On part5 sponsor's household size plz correct following

On part 6 sponsor's income and employment plz correct following

×item13.a.1 the income you enter must match the total (gross) income reported on your most recent federal income tax return

In part 8 sponsor's contract plz correct the following

the former I 84 we received was missing the following pages

please ensure you include all nine pages when you submit the former

These issues been send 3 times from nvc the only changes the dates

Timeline

Can I submit form DS-260 on behalf of my beneficiary? I'm the petitioner and we're applying for CR-1/IR Visa.

If so, should I fill the part that asks "if anybody helped you fill the form at the end" with my name ?

Thanks in advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Love you Saylin if not for you our interview I just received for Feb 19 Th would have never happened, I am forever in your debt. :D and

127fs2361263.gif127fs2361263.gifsmiley-happy093.gifsmiley-happy093.gif127fs2361263.gif127fs2361263.gif;):thumbs:

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Hi say lin thanx for reply here is what they send me exact same checklist email

In Part1 basic of filing affidavit of support plz correct the following

In Part2 information on the principal immigrant plz correct the following

In part3 information on the immigrant you are sponsoring plz correct the following

In part3 information on the sponsor plz correct the following

On part5 sponsor's household size plz correct following

On part 6 sponsor's income and employment plz correct following

×item13.a.1 the income you enter must match the total (gross) income reported on your most recent federal income tax return

In part 8 sponsor's contract plz correct the following

the former I 84 we received was missing the following pages

please ensure you include all nine pages when you submit the former

These issues been send 3 times from nvc the only changes the dates

So, it looks like the only mistake is question 13a. Did you fix it and send NVC a new, correct I-864?

Love you Saylin if not for you our interview I just received for Feb 19 Th would have never happened, I am forever in your debt. :D and

127fs2361263.gif127fs2361263.gifsmiley-happy093.gifsmiley-happy093.gif127fs2361263.gif127fs2361263.gif;):thumbs:

Woohoo, congrats!! :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.