Saylin

NVC Filers - December 2014

1,592 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Gosh I am certainly in the wrong time zone because when everyone is up and awake and getting great news - I'm stuck in bed sleeeeeping away. So I guess I have to dance alone congratulating all the CC's and know that the ones that are still here it's getting close and our time is coming!! SOOOO happy for you guys and I'll call next week (perhaps i'll wait till Tuesday...no wait...Monday...lol) to check and see. Let's pray for the best and those that have waited and got your CC - Congrats once again guys and gals!!!

It's ok, we'll keep you posted on everything that is going on! We're coming up next!!

hi@all

i asked this question last month already but i still have no answer, maybe someone can help me out here?!

we had/have 2 cases at uscis, for me and my daughter, my case was approved and send to nvcin october, 2 days ago i got my case/ invoice numbers and the welcome letter. my daughter however is still at uscis. on november, 6 i put in a service request and the reply was-

Your petition is still pending consideration. We regret that we are not able to give you a timeframe for when we will complete the review of your petition.

now it wont let me to make a new request anymore

what do i do? proceed my case at nvc and try to expedite her once she gets there? wait for my daughter?

im so confused :(

I don't know much about this other than you can try to get your senator involved so they can inquire about your case or delay your case at NVC until she is approved. NVC requires you to maintain contact with them though so make sure to that by calling or paying one fee at a time in intervals. if more than a year passes without contact, there's a consequence -- not sure what it is. it's on their website i believe. Best of luck! i hope your child's case is transferred soon!

It just changed! We got N/A under "Affidavit of Support Fee"! Yesterday I called 3 times and they all said that it wasn't reviewed yet and today I checked it several times and no update either... until now! Hope you guys get it reviewed soon as well!

Yay!!! Congratulations!!!

AOS fee changed to N/A today December 13th!! First scan date: sept 24th.

Resent AOS: November 6th

Checklist date: December 5th (sent to supervisor review because of a minor mistake made on i864A. )

Called 4 times yesterday and there was no progress!!

AOS Fees changed to N/A today!!! I can't believe it omgggg!!! Thank you Saylin and everyone for encouraging me and helping me with the entire process!! *tears of joy* good luck to everyone :)

Congratulations!! glad to see movement.

:wub: God's timing is always perfect. . . :star:"Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!" (Luke 1:45) ^_^

I-130 Petition (Spouse): 2/20/14: NOA1; 8/18/14: NOA2

NVC Process (IR1)
09/17/14: Case received / Case # and IIN assigned
09/18/14: Submitted DS-261
10/08/14: Received Welcome email
10/10/14: Paid AOS bill
10/16/14: Paid IV bill
10/18/14: Completed DS-260
10/21/14: AOS & IV received / scan date
12/15/14: Case Complete (N/A then phone confirmation)
02/18/15: Biometrics Appt.
02/25/15: Consular Interview (APPROVED!!)
03/05/15: POE at San Ysidro Port of Entry (by car)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congratulations harsimar0925!!!! Can you explain a bit more about the supervisor review? Do I understand it correctly that you submitted the supervisor review because there was just a minor mistake on your part on your AOS? How did you initiate the supervisor review? A response would be highly appreciated and congrats again :)

Hey thank you so much!! I sent both of my packages on Sept 24th and in November I realized there were 3 mistakes I made on the AOS package so I resent I864 and i864A on nov 4th and the package was scanned on November 6th so now I had a new scan date., on dec 4th i checked ceac and saw that my husband's name had an fnu right next to his name..so I figured that they opened my documents.

I called on December 5th to ask for any updates on the case and they said they reviewed it on December 3rd and everything looks good except for the i864a part 1-- the middle name field was left blank and that calls for a checklist. I told them that my father doesn't have a middle name so the rep said that's fine and it's just a minor error and he ll send it to the supervisor to review it. I called on December 12th in the afternoon and the representative told me that the package was being reviewed by a supervisor and told me to call back next week to see if there is any progress and this afternoon I checked the AOS fee changed to N/A :) :) :) I couldn't believe my eyes!! I still can't believe it!!! Lol

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey thank you so much!! I sent both of my packages on Sept 24th and in November I realized there were 3 mistakes I made on the AOS package so I resent I864 and i864A on nov 4th and the package was scanned on November 6th so now I had a new scan date., on dec 4th i checked ceac and saw that my husband's name had an fnu right next to his name..so I figured that they opened my documents.

I called on December 5th to ask for any updates on the case and they said they reviewed it on December 3rd and everything looks good except for the i864a part 1-- the middle name field was left blank and that calls for a checklist. I told them that my father doesn't have a middle name so the rep said that's fine and it's just a minor error and he ll send it to the supervisor to review it. I called on December 12th in the afternoon and the representative told me that the package was being reviewed by a supervisor and told me to call back next week to see if there is any progress and this afternoon I checked the AOS fee changed to N/A :) :) :) I couldn't believe my eyes!! I still can't believe it!!! Lol

congrats. i didnt know they make problems with not putting middle name. i didnt put middle name. i dont have it neither my dad or husband. omg, i m scared now... :/

I have a question about my tax returns on the AOS form. Since i never worked and i'm full filling the requirement by assets, do i put $0 on the tax space or just leave it blank?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have a question about my tax returns on the AOS form. Since i never worked and i'm full filling the requirement by assets, do i put $0 on the tax space or just leave it blank?

Yes, you are right,put only one zero per box also make sure that the assets have complete legal bindings.good luck

Yes, you are right,put only one zero per box also make sure that the assets have complete legal bindings.good luck

so do i put like tax year first then the income for that year as $0???

Part 5 if I had 2 dependent for 2013 tax return was the attorney suppose to enter 4 total of just 2 my husban and I?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I'm new here, what you do here is very helpful.

Special salut to Saylin!

Got checklist for AOS, scan 10/21/14

Any suggestions are appreciated.

I-864, Affidavit of Support Checklist

[x] The Affidavit of Support is an important legal contract between you and the U.S. government. During our review, we identified one or more sections that were either incomplete or contained incorrect information. Please review the additional instructions below then complete and submit a new Affidavit of Support. You can download the I-864 form and instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/i-864.

[x]

In Part 1. Basis for Filing Affidavit of Support, please correct the following... [x]

In Part 2. Information on the Principal Immigrant, please correct the following... [x]

In Part 3, Information on the Immigrant(s) You are sponsoring, please correct the following... [x]

In Part 4. Information on the Sponsor, please correct the following... [x]

In Part 5. Sponsor's Household Size, please correct the following... [x]

In Part 6. Sponsor's Income and Employment, please correct the following...

[x] Item 13.a. You must include your ___2013________________________________ tax and income information. [x]

In Part 8, Sponsor's Contract, please correct the following... [x]

The Form I-864 we received was missing the following page(s). Please ensure you include all nine pages when you resubmit the form.

[x]

You must submit the following financial evidence:

[x] Proof of current employment (examples: a recently dated job letter, pay stub, or a copy of your business license).

OMG! This is scary! I did not send page #7 because i thought this served an informative purpose only. I might have left out page #9 too because i, the petitioner, filled out the form; i thought i didn't need to include it because i am the preparer. OMG! Why are they sooo picky? Sounds like i'm getting a checklist ???

Hello everyone!

Special salut to Saylin!

[x] The Affidavit of Support is an important legal contract between you and the U.S. government. During our review, we identified one or more sections that were either incomplete or contained incorrect information. Please review the additional instructions below then complete and submit a new Affidavit of Support. You can download the I-864 form and instructions at http://www.uscis.gov/i-864.

[x]

In Part 1. Basis for Filing Affidavit of Support, please correct the following... [x]

In Part 2. Information on the Principal Immigrant, please correct the following... [x]

In Part 3, Information on the Immigrant(s) You are sponsoring, please correct the following... [x]

[x] Item 13.a. You must include your ___2013________________________________ tax and income information. [x]

The Form I-864 we received was missing the following page(s). Please ensure you include all nine pages when you resubmit the form.

[x]

[x] Proof of current employment (examples: a recently dated job letter, pay stub, or a copy of your business license).

OMG! This is scary! I did not send page #7 because i thought this served an informative purpose only. I might have left out page #9 too because i, the petitioner, filled out the form; i thought i didn't need to include it because i am the preparer. OMG! Why are they sooo picky? Sounds like i'm getting a checklist ???

Hello everyone!

Special salut to Saylin!

[x]

[x]

Hello everyone!

Special salut to Saylin!

[x]

[x]

Hello everyone!

Special salut to Saylin!

[x]

[x]

Hello everyone!

Special salut to Saylin!

[x]

[x]

Hello...sorry to say but you will receive a checklist for not including every single page of the I-864 whether it applies to you or not. The I-864 is a legal binding contract and just like with any other contract if one page is missing or it it is not filled out correctly or is missing info it becomes void .

Sucks but that's the truth of it..

Good luck with your journey..

Hang in there (F)

congratz new cc

Citizenship Timeline:

Service Center : Online  |  CIS Office : Philadelphia  |  Date Filed : 2018-08-23  |  NOA Date : 2018-08-24  |  Bio. Appt. : 2018-09-20  |  Interview Date : 4th April  (scheduled on 25th feb) |  RFE: 25th April. Approved : MAY 15/ In line for Oath 17th MaY |  Oath Ceremony :30th MaY

USCIS

13-12-2013 - Sent i-130 received

17-12-2013 - NOA1 hard copy

06-06-2014-I-130 RFE

13-06-2014 - RFE hard copy

25-06-2014 - RFE sent

01-07-2014 - RFE response review email received

22-07-2014 - NOA2 (approved in 221 days)

30-07-2014=i-130 Sent to NVC

NVC

12-08-2014 - NVC received the case

22-08-2014 - NVC case number assigned

23-08-2014 - I-864(AOS) Bill Generated

25-08-2014 - DS-261 completed online

25-08-2014 -AOS Bill paid ($ 88)

26-08-2014--AOS bill appeared as PAID

29-08-2014 - Sent I-864(AOS) Package (via USPS Certified Mail)

02-09-2014 - AOS Package Received and scanned at NVC

26-09-2014 --IV bill invoiced and paid

02-10-2014 --Iv package sent via usps

06-10-2014 --Iv package Received and scanned at nvc

08-10-2014--DS-260 completed online

14-11-2014--- checklist (AOS)

17-11-2014---- checklist sent via USPS

19-11-2014 checklist received at nvc

12-02-2015--- checklist (IV-police certificate)

17-02-2015 checklist received at nvc

11-03-2015 Case Complete

25-03-2015 - Interview scheduled

Consulate
16-04-2015 - Medical
19-05-2015 - Interview (approved) but put me on AP for no reason.

20-09-2015-Visa Issued at CEAC website
21-09-2015 - Visa in hand
01-10-2015 - POE

11-01-2016- Received 10 years green card

Filed: IR-5 Country: Haiti
Timeline

congrats. i didnt know they make problems with not putting middle name. i didnt put middle name. i dont have it neither my dad or husband. omg, i m scared now... :/

it took less only one month for you?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Hello...sorry to say but you will receive a checklist for not including every single page of the I-864 whether it applies to you or not. The I-864 is a legal binding contract and just like with any other contract if one page is missing or it it is not filled out correctly or is missing info it becomes void .

Sucks but that's the truth of it..

Good luck with your journey..

Hang in there (F)

Ah! Thank you for your reply.

I don't know why i decided to take those pages out. I guess there is a price to pay for everything we do...grgr! I hope they complete my case and ask me to send a corrected one to my husband for the interview. I don't know if that's how it all works, but i know my God is good.

Hang in there peeps!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

On 12/10/2014 i recieve a checklist for this certificate, i got it and send it the same day to them :/

I received the same thing on dec 10, but I sent mine on dec 5.

I hope it doesn't take longer to review it.

Filed: Timeline

I received the same thing on dec 10, but I sent mine on dec 5.

I hope it doesn't take longer to review it.

I hope there no 60 days to review it

This is unfair ,we sent the police certificate before and now they change there law ,why we need to submit this certificate and wait 60 days, i wait here in jordan from june just waiting the slow process with nvc :(

Please keep posting if u hear any thing from them , and i will .

Do u think they send an email when they recive the non convection certificate? Or did they send email to you ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.