Saylin

NVC Filers - December 2014

1,592 posts in this topic

Scan date Oct. 8, AOS and IV.

Received a checklist today for section 13.a.1 of the AOS form.

Sorry to hear that laje...I had the same issue...soooooooooooo many people get checked on 13.a.1 but it is an easy fix ....but the review time of 60 days is ridiculous . (F)

Sorry to hear that laje...I had the same issue...soooooooooooo many people get checked on 13.a.1 but it is an easy fix ....but the review time of 60 days is ridiculous . (F)

It is an easy fix, so I'm not too stressed.

It's not ideal, but my husband and I both live in Argentina and we are together, so I'm not going to complain when so many are separated from their spouses.

I did call NVC yesterday and confirm my case was CC on 12/04 :idea::idea::idea:

12/27/13 - NVC received I-130 approval package

01/31/14 - Fill the form DS-261

02/04/14 - AOS fee show PAID

02/10/14 - IV fee show PAID

08/08/14 - Sent civil documents

10/01/14- checklist for police certificate

10/14/14- scanned checklist

12/04/14 - CC

03/30/15- interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good day fellow VJers,

I have a question. My husband (and I) are currently putting together the documents for the IV package. In going through the steps both on the NVC website and that created by Salin (NV Process and updated November 14, 2014), I notice a difference.

Step 7 - Gather IV Package (VJwiki)

The IV package is all about the beneficiary.

Don't forget, it's highly recommended you write your case number on the top right of ALL documents (except the bar-coded cover sheet and the cover letter). The writing of the case number on documents is in case NVC misplaces one of them. If it has the case number written on it, it has a much better chance of being reunited with the case.

Note: it is currently normal for it to show as N/A under affidavit of support documents and civil documents on the CEAC site. It's assumed NVC will use this feature in the future, but currently doesn't display anything.

Generally, the following is needed:

-Bar-coded cover sheet from payment portal

-Cover letter (optional)

• You can find a sample cover letter I wrote here [22]

-Two passport-style photographs (2" x 2") of beneficiary (on the back, write: beneficiary's full name, date of birth, and case number)

-Copy of bio-data page of beneficiary's unexpired passport

-Photocopy of beneficiary's birth certificate

-Photocopy of marriage certificate

-Photocopy of police certificate(s)

NVC website says

Step 5: Collect Supporting Documents

After you collect your financial forms and supporting financial evidence, you and each family member immigrating with you to the United States should collect original or certified copies of civil documents to support your visa application.

The original civil documents must be issued by an appropriate authority.

In addition to the original civil documents, you must also provide a photocopy of each civil document.

My husband and I decided to send both the original as well as a photocopy of the documents. I am asking this question here to make sure we are on the right track, because we prefer to know that we assemble the packages correctly before we send them off, rather than to get a checklist later on.

Anyone came across this stumbling block???

Thanks

event.png

April 2, 2014: I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox

April 7, 2014: Packaged received by USCIS

April 8, 2014: Received NOA 1

Sept. 17, 2014: Received NOA 2. Case APPROVED with no RFEs

Oct. 17, 2014: Case # Assigned by NVC (Same day case was received, according to Julian # calculation)

Oct. 21, 2014: Received letter from NVC

Oct. 22, 2014: DS-261 completed and submitted to NVC

Oct. 31, 2014: Paid AOS invoice

Dec 08, 2014: Sent in IV & AoS packages

Dec 11, 2014: Package received by NVC

Dec 12, 2014: Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt. I assume this is our scan date

Dec 25, 2014: Paid IV bill

Dec 29, 2014: Funds deducted from bank account. DS-260 became available, and was completed

Dec 30, 2014: Submitted DS-260

Feb. 12, 2015: Case Complete with NO checklist! whoot, whoot!

Mar. 25, 2015: Received P4. Interview

April 29,2015: Completed medical examination

May 13, 2015: Interview Date APPROVED :dancing:

May 19, 2015: Received Package

Oct. 22, 2015: Travelled to my new home :) (In order to get IR-1 Green Card) Expiration date on IR-1/CR-1 Visa - Oct. 29, 2015

Nov 10, 2015: Received Social Security Card

Jan 4, 2016: LPR Green Card arrived.

Good day fellow VJers,

I have a question. My husband (and I) are currently putting together the documents for the IV package. In going through the steps both on the NVC website and that created by Salin (NV Process and updated November 14, 2014), I notice a difference.

Don't forget, it's highly recommended you write your case number on the top right of ALL documents (except the bar-coded cover sheet and the cover letter). The writing of the case number on documents is in case NVC misplaces one of them. If it has the case number written on it, it has a much better chance of being reunited with the case.

Note: it is currently normal for it to show as N/A under affidavit of support documents and civil documents on the CEAC site. It's assumed NVC will use this feature in the future, but currently doesn't display anything.

-Cover letter (optional)

-Two passport-style photographs (2" x 2") of beneficiary (on the back, write: beneficiary's full name, date of birth, and case number)

NVC website says

After you collect your financial forms and supporting financial evidence, you and each family member immigrating with you to the United States should collect original or certified copies of civil documents to support your visa application.

In addition to the original civil documents, you must also provide a photocopy of each civil document.

My husband and I decided to send both the original as well as a photocopy of the documents. I am asking this question here to make sure we are on the right track, because we prefer to know that we assemble the packages correctly before we send them off, rather than to get a checklist later on.

Thanks

Appears that once again, NVC has failed to keep their website up to date. As of November 12th, NVC stopped requiring original civil documents and are only requiring photocopies now. Originals are to be brought to the interview for inspection.

Edit to add: on the first post of the thread I linked to the post where I wrote about this update and included a link from NVC.

Edited by Saylin

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

yes I spoke to a supervisor like 4 times for about a month until they finally gave me my CC because of their mistake.(loosing all my civil documents).

if they made a mistake with any of your files just speak to a supervisor and don't give up,keep calling until you get it done. that's what I did

IN my grandfather case,they reviewed all documents on October 20 and they checklisted for birth certificate that i know i didnt have it so we sent no record certificate and 2 affidavits so i told them to put under Supervisor review and i talk with supervisor on 21st oct and she said i m gone put your case for supervisor review after that i was calling everyday they were saying me that it is under Supervisor review and after like 30 days i was like can just transfer me to supervisor and she said it never went to supervisor review you guys didnt requested it. Aru you kidding me? Then i told her to put under Supervisor she gave me her name and i been calling from then like everyday and tell rep to transfer me to supervisor because i dont believe to rep what they say now but they everytime i call they say supervisor gone say samething whatever i told you and they put me on hold and say let me check if she available or not and after that they say she is busy with another call and i even request to call me back but i didnt get call or anything what should i do?

How can i able to talk to supervisor to see stutus? They dont transfer me to supervisor please help if know something about that. Thanks

scan date for aos check list is 14th october

called yesterday night n hear the same 60 days record..

any update from scan date 14th october....

Im also october 14. Nothing yet for me also.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Im also october 14. Nothing yet for me also.

your date is for checklist?

mine is of checklist of aos n i sent the i864 again as they told it was signed with blue ink pen bt actually it wasn't

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We too have a scan date of Oct 14. Called yesterday but d same 60 days story. Hope that our turn will be d nxt....

May god bless all of us

Edited by jci130

We too have a scan date of Oct 14. Called yesterday but d same 60 days story. Hope that our turn will be d nxt....

Yes deffinatly!! Anyday now our cases will close :) i will post when i find out! Hopefully any moment now lol good luck and this nightmare is almost over with hehe

Good day fellow VJers,

-Cover letter (optional)

NVC website says

Thanks

You don't have to send originals--I wouldn't. I've read on here stories about the NVC losing documents. You have the option of sending in either the originals or the certified copies, and I think it is wiser to send in the certified copies. You have to go to the appropriate govermnmental agency and have them certify that the photocopies are accurate.

We did certified copies for the IV packet, and they were accepted.

You don't have to send originals--I wouldn't. I've read on here stories about the NVC losing documents. You have the option of sending in either the originals or the certified copies, and I think it is wiser to send in the certified copies. You have to go to the appropriate govermnmental agency and have them certify that the photocopies are accurate.

We did certified copies for the IV packet, and they were accepted.

:no: That's how it USED to be, but as I mentioned in my response above, as of November 12th, NVC is no longer collecting originals. Photocopies alone are all that's needed now.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.